Claimed: Project Player 2 mess [1/2]

BluObieZ

So if you are just logging on and you are reading my post as the first thing you read (highly doubt it) but if you are. Welcome! Welcome to the beginning of the end. Why do I say this? Because the league took away two teams and took away project player two. Why is this so upsetting? Well let me get into it and see if you agree with me in the end.

You the reader and player manager want to build up all the TPE you can before you retire so you can get as much as you can for your next player. So if you are like me with two players you have to abandon one players TPE. TPE you worked your ass off for so you can continue to make good players. The league says you can pick between both your players TPE at the end before you recreate one. Like that is a good thing. Like saying sure you lose one player and their TPE but you can pick the higher of the two amounts. But what if you are known for putting out high TPE players and both are pretty high. Hell even if they are both lower. You still lose that carryover TPE carryover from your second player.

What I think the league should do, and I know this will fall on deaf ears like all my other suggestions, but I will still suggest it. They should add both TPE amounts together, cap the max carryover allowed for people with two players. That way we don’t lose that TPE we worked for. The max carryover for these people who have two players should be raised because they are combining two players worth of TPE. This not only will create stronger draft classes for many seasons because we all won’t retire at the same time but it should raise interest levels. Make drafts more stacked. Which will help teams compete. If you are on a contending team you are more likely to stay active then if you are on a shitty team. It’s a proven true fact so fuck you.

But with the leagues announcement we pretty much get fucked out of one player’s worth of TPE. Which now will lead to a rash of retirements because people with two players will see their second players as meaningless and extra work that will never pay off. If they lose one players worth of TPE why continue working one player? It makes no sense. The league needs to give us a reason to not fuck a ton of teams over by retiring early because it makes no sense to continue with two players as it currently sits right now. I don’t know, maybe what I am saying makes no sense and I am the only person bothered by it. Maybe no one will read this so I am writing this for completely and utterly no reason. Who knows, who cares and at this point I don’t care that you don’t care because well the league doesn’t seem to care about shooting its self in the foot repeatedly. Then calling it as “Changing it up” in hopes to fix the league. But taking away a whole player and its TPE is not fixing anything. It just creates a whole new mess.

Well, I'm not bothered by it as I only have the one player, and I in theory agree with them removing the second player, but I definitely think you have a point with the carryover TPE. Up the max from the current 75 to about 110-120 or so until the 2 players thing is fully phased out, and let people add them together

8 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Well, I'm not bothered by it as I only have the one player, and I in theory agree with them removing the second player, but I definitely think you have a point with the carryover TPE. Up the max from the current 75 to about 110-120 or so until the 2 players thing is fully phased out, and let people add them together

I’d say raise it to 120 if you finish with 2 players above 400 TPE

2 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

with one player at 600 TPE and another at 400 TPE I agree with this. I mean I almost retired Brodeur because he would have no starting spot but he does not so I will keep him t not fuck over Tyler but I don't like the idea of losing 75 TPE from Brodeur when he retires

Just imagine how I feel with Moon hitting regression. Soon enough my attributes will be that of someone in their 4th season with like 500 TPE when I have like 900 and am in my 7th season.

Im likely retiring my goon for this reason. Dont wanna be stuck with a guy i wont be trying with for 3 seasons. Till i can make a new guy whose worth a damn. That boredem would drive me away. 

I can see them maybe giving a 1 off given this wont happen again allow players to get carry over from both it seems fair?

Edited by Gooningitup

48 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Im likely retiring my goon for this reason. Dont wanna be stuck with a guy i wont be trying with for 3 seasons. Till i can make a new guy whose worth a damn. That boredem would drive me away. 

I can see them maybe giving a 1 off given this wont happen again allow players to get carry over from both it seems fair?

They need to allow us to combine the players TPE and then cap the carryover at at least 120 to make people not want to retire early and fuck teams because their 2nd player is now pointless to update and do PT for. Odd how they didn't think about this before announcing this whole switch

• Commissioner
9 hours ago, BluObieZ said:

They need to allow us to combine the players TPE and then cap the carryover at at least 120 to make people not want to retire early and fuck teams because their 2nd player is now pointless to update and do PT for. Odd how they didn't think about this before announcing this whole switch

For the record, we did think about it. Carryover wasn’t a complete after-thought. Don’t just assume we left it completely out of the discussion.

Admittedly though, we didn’t assume people would stop updating because they would t get carryover. I still don’t believe that. Seems a little much to stop caring because it doesn’t help your next player but maybe that’s just me. I don’t think realistically letting people add the two together makes sense though. Every single person with a carryover amount would be hitting the cap basically, even if we put it to 120. If we assume people retire in their 8th season it means 7% carryover. To get 120 at that rate you’d need 1700 TPE (give or take, it comes out to 119 and change) which isn’t that extreme over 16 seasons. I had 1000 with Holik and I’m at 526 with Sokolov and still have I think 3 seasons left. A much bigger TPE whore than me can hit that with basically no effort at all.

There’s also the issue that we want to bring new members in. Carryover is capped for a reason. If new members come into the league with 30 TPE how long do you think they will stay facing off against people from the same draft class as them that started with 4x as much?

I offer an alternative. Either the higher of the two amounts (as it is now) or a combined amount totalling less than the currently capped 75 TPE; whichever is higher. Keeps the cap so that new members don’t get scared off and still allows the second player to be useful if one player wasn’t enough to hit the cap with. That way if one player isn’t quite enough you can still use both but only need ~1100 TPE combined to hit max carryover. You still get a benefit of the second player but it does t massively inflate TPE levels and scare new members off.

5 hours ago, Beketov said:

For the record, we did think about it. Carryover wasn’t a complete after-thought. Don’t just assume we left it completely out of the discussion.

Admittedly though, we didn’t assume people would stop updating because they would t get carryover. I still don’t believe that. Seems a little much to stop caring because it doesn’t help your next player but maybe that’s just me. I don’t think realistically letting people add the two together makes sense though. Every single person with a carryover amount would be hitting the cap basically, even if we put it to 120. If we assume people retire in their 8th season it means 7% carryover. To get 120 at that rate you’d need 1700 TPE (give or take, it comes out to 119 and change) which isn’t that extreme over 16 seasons. I had 1000 with Holik and I’m at 526 with Sokolov and still have I think 3 seasons left. A much bigger TPE whore than me can hit that with basically no effort at all.

There’s also the issue that we want to bring new members in. Carryover is capped for a reason. If new members come into the league with 30 TPE how long do you think they will stay facing off against people from the same draft class as them that started with 4x as much?

I offer an alternative. Either the higher of the two amounts (as it is now) or a combined amount totalling less than the currently capped 75 TPE; whichever is higher. Keeps the cap so that new members don’t get scared off and still allows the second player to be useful if one player wasn’t enough to hit the cap with. That way if one player isn’t quite enough you can still use both but only need ~1100 TPE combined to hit max carryover. You still get a benefit of the second player but it does t massively inflate TPE levels and scare new members off.

Kinda would need to to make that official before a rash of player 2 players go inactive/retire because as it sits now it is pointless to do PT for them 

• 1 month later...

Review:

I didn't mind the Two-Player system. I don't mind it getting disbanded either, but also I wouldn't mind if it stays. Sure, some people might be experiencing updating exhaustion, or something, but who cares? The 2nd player was always optional and if you didn't have time to do 2 PTs, then you could just welfare one and so be it. I've welfared one of my players plenty of time, and never put too much stress on it. As for carryover, it would be nice to be able to get some from the 2nd player that doesn't get another recreate.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Claimed: Project Player 2 mess [1/2]