Claimed: Wild Aces [1/2]

Dangles13

Emh8dY8.png 842184_arrows_512x512.png daVGmgo.jpg

"Could you come into my office Otto"? are the words I hear from the doorway after our latest team meeting. Right away I get nervous and I can feel my face flush; I don't do well with authority figures and the General Manager is the top dog in the organization. Reluctantly, I gather myself and prepare for the worst. Somehow, my boss is already down the hall and sitting comfortably in his chair despite being in the doorway of the video room two seconds ago, his "magic" abilities add to my anxiety and even though I know I am being foolish I can't help but to shake a little. A thought pops into my head, maybe I can spin this into my favour if I strike the first blow. 

"C-c-c-coach says I have been playing well lately, he says I am much better now. I have been scoring well and playing with confidence and he has given me more minutes. Veran and I are making good plays and finally have chemistry sir. I am sorry for whatever I have done." I stammer this out with far less confidence than I had planned on. A smile spreads across the GM's face and I know that I have done it now, he thinks so little of me now. 

"Sit down son" he says while his hand gestures to an open chair. As I take the proffered chair I hear a noise behind me and I see McDragon stride into the room. Dragon is the opposite of me, he is calm and full of swagger; every inch of this man exudes charisma and excellence. "Oh great timing McDragon, sit down beside our nervous friend please". The man who holds my future in his hands looks back from Dragon to myself in a calm and calculated manner before he proceeds. "Otto, you have indeed been playing very well lately and I am proud of you for that. You've overcome a lot in your young life and I am glad to have had you on this team. However, other teams have noticed how good you have become as well and have been making offers for you. Earlier today I moved Dragomir and Stronk to the Rush... I guess you should know that we are rebuilding now and it doesn't make sense to keep the pair of you. Las Vegas has put together a substantial offer for you two and I am going to accept it."

Dragon and I share a look, the Rush are the best team but the Aces are not far behind them and this is a great opportunity to play championship hockey. My anxiety melts away and turns into excitement, I am still shaking but for a different reason. "When do we leave"? I ask and McDragon grunts, indicating that he would like to know as well. "You have to leave quickly actually, I have your plane tickets right here as you will both be playing tonight. Pack your bags and say your goodbyes but your car will be here in 2 hours and if you are late you will send a bad message to your new teammates. I am very grateful for everything you boys have given this team and I am sad to see you go. Best of luck and try to win a championship"!

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Your a very talented writer. 

Clearly, YOU'RE not. 

If you're mocking him like Kendrick or whoever tried to cleverly do, you failed. Not sure if that's the case but figured I'd speak up for the sake of it.

I haven't written Dangles an article in quite some time now. :)) 

3 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Clearly, YOU'RE not. 

If you're mocking him like Kendrick or whoever tried to cleverly do, you failed. Not sure if that's the case but figured I'd speak up for the sake of it.

I haven't written Dangles an article in quite some time now. :)) 

Im not a good writer lol

thats why I beacame a General Manager I’m wayyyy better at that than writing.

I also don’t mock people(generally) especially with grammar mine is horrendous and I’m really only typing on here on my phone.

To sum it up he’s an excellent writer.

Just now, Beaviss said:

Im not a good writer lol

thats why I beacame a General Manager I’m wayyyy better at that than writing.

I also don’t mock people(generally) especially with grammar mine is horrendous and I’m really only typing on here on my phone.

To sum it up he’s an excellent writer.

I just thought you were referring to someone else writing for him ;) 

Just now, Banackock said:

I just thought you were referring to someone else writing for him ;) 

TBH never heard of people doing that.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:47 AM, Beaviss said:

TBH never heard of people doing that.

I tried to, once back in the day. Turns out it was a guy who his non-PT activity was kind of his thing, and so he turned it down. Sucks too, because I feel like I could have won S20 cup with Ottawa in addition to S21 and S23 if he and I could have gotten into some sort of agreement about writing articles  - there were only a few half decent goalies in the VHLM at the time, this guy had something like 30 TPE or so from random giveaways and free weeks (before there was a starting 30 TPE) and with regular articles could have put me on the level with the other 2-3 competitive goalies. Bern won it that year, with an 86 TPE inactive goalie, sadly that was just about the best that was available, and the same guy won it with me the following year.