Las Vegas Aces Interested Prospects Conference

Spade18

Welcome to the rush of new VHL members!

On behalf of the league, let me just say we're excited to have you all here, and I hope a majority of you stick around!   This board is great and most of the guys here are good people.

All you new members will be entering the VHLM draft tomorrow, and I wanted to take this chance to introduce myself, as some of you may be on my team this coming season, or we may play together in the VHL, or maybe you'll be on the Aces during your next go around!

I started in the VHL around July of last year.  I had been much more into sim leagues and GM leagues when I was 17-22, but fell off after that.  Since it had been a few years and I was looking to get back into something like this, I googled around and out came the VHL.  To be perfectly honest, I had a player here during season 1, but went inactive shortly after that, so I dont count it.  

I jumped right in and made my first player. (Colton Rayne, current #2 defenseman of the New York Americans)  I'll be honest, this league was daunting to me sometimes.  There were lots of concepts I didn't understand, and could never see myself taking time to write articles for a simulation league. All these people on the forum seemed to know each other and I was just some outsider bumming around. But I stuck it out, figured I would just be a welfare player that would provide a little depth, and check in from time to time.

I was naive.  

By my second update I had already begun writing articles.  I usually did a personal VHL.com piece on my player or my team, and then did a TPE breakdown of the VHLM for my media spots.  Even about a month in I wasnt sure if it was worth the time.  But before I knew it, I fell in love with the place.  I started Colton as a Defensive Defenseman, so he wasnt putting up huge numbers, but seeing him contribute with high ice time and very few goals scored while he was on felt good.  I eventually upgraded him with the TPE I was earning from my articles, and he became a a defensive stud.

Colton won the founders cup my first year on what turned out to be a STACKED Aces team.

Unforrtunatley, the GM of the team went inactive.  Luckily for me, that meaned the position opened up.

@Beaviss, who was a HUGE influence in getting me into this league, really went to bat for me, a generally "new guy" still in his first go around, and it was decided that I would take over the Las Vegas Aces.  I've had my ups and downs since taking the team over, and have yet to capture the glory of another Founders cup, but got damn it do I love the VHLM.

If any of you are unsure about this league, I UNDERSTAND. Take it from someone who almost gave up 20 times during his first month.  This league takes some getting used to, but 
I promise you, it is worth the work and it is fun.

I traded away most of my picks this year for another shot at the cup, so unfortunately, I may not get to see many of you wearing the Aces Jersey this go around.  But if you are interested, or just want to introduce yourself, or just want to talk, please feel free to post here.

I'm looking forward to competing with and against all of you over the next few season.

Good luck!

Best,

Spade :veg:

23 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

@Spade18 im hurt by the lack of mention 

I generally just assumed my presence here was a shout out to you.

If i listed everyone it would take up most of the page, but you, @der meister, and @STZ were the other 3 that immediatly come to mind from my early days lol

12 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

I generally just assumed my presence here was a shout out to you.

If i listed everyone it would take up most of the page, but you, @der meister, and @STZ were the other 3 that immediatly come to mind from my early days lol

But mostly me