VHFL's Best part 3

scoop

I've gone over seven of the best members in terms of VHFL, and now it's time to finish off the list with the top three. Unlike the last couple sets of rankings, the top three is very easy to place. While two of the names could easily have been expected, the third name might come as a bit of surprise. But the VHFL placing puts him squarely as the third most impressive member, though you'd likely not see him speak about his successes himself.

3rd: @Velevra: Velevra has won three of the seven leagues he has participated in, while finishing at least third in three more. The worst he's ever placed is fourth out of six, and that was all the way back in S52. He has been a very consistent fantasy player, and unlike jRuutu and Green who were also quite consistent, Velevra has wins to boost him to the third best.

2nd: @street: That's me! While my results were not quite as good as I had thought before I did the research, my placings tell the story of someone who understands how to put together a strong fantasy team. Like Velevra, my worst result is a fourth place, also back in S52. Since then, I've won four leagues and finished second once (to Bushito).

1st: @CowboyinAmerica: Standing above all is CowboyinAmerica, who has also won four leagues. He finished in second place in his S59 league to end his winning streak, but it's still quite impressive. Making things more impressive, there has been at least one other top ten VHFLer in each league that he has been in.

LPMGTxG.png

2 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

I've got a distinct strategy that doesn't prove me wrong too often. Maybe I'll write it up some day...

I had to stray from my usual draft strategy this season and went with  goalie immediately, picking 6/7. There were only three goalies this season that I wanted to trust and I just didn't want to risk the all being taken before I got to pick again. Looking at how things are going so far, I think I really messed up on my goalie assessment though, so that decision could end up screwing me.