New Players/VHLM/TPE

So this is just an idea I had and I don't know if its even good.

So I noticed a lot (not all) of the new players will create then fall off the face of the earth and honestly it hurts us. So on one of my famous walks home I got thinking their really is nothing to strive for once you sign up and make a player here. I know the idea to be drafted 1st overall is their but it is not enough. That is when I was thinking, what if in order to be eligible for a specific draft example the season 38 draft VHLM players must have 50-75 TPE in order to be eligible? this way if they are serious about it, it gives them that incentive to get drafted and stay active.

50 TPE is not a hard number by any means so its not like we are asking them to be super men, but it will help the general managers and other players to help figure out who is active and who is not. should make drafted a bit easier/smaller to since not everyone will be eligible unless then really want to be. 

So again it was just an idea I had if its bad don't be afraid to tell me. Was just something in my head

That seems very discouraging to me but keep up the critical thinking man

how so? It gives a goal to reach and honestly 50 TPE is nothing come 1 season

1. Part of the draft process is GM's doing homework so making it easier for them is kind of pointless.

2. I think it's discouraging not getting drafted too. I've seen plenty of members get drafted and find out and come back to gain top TPE.

how so? It gives a goal to reach and honestly 50 TPE is nothing come 1 season

Maybe the problem isn't the draft and TPE and such maybe it's the entire VHLM and putting work into being in the minors. I hate the minors and it's really hard for myself to get motivated while in the VHLM, once the VHL comes it's a lot easier. as you have a lot more to strive for other then A VHLM achievement tracker. If you made a cap to enter a draft I could see a lot of people not even creating a player then, just signing up for the site, seeing you need 50 TPE to enter the draft and saying fuck it. 

Maybe the problem isn't the draft and TPE and such maybe it's the entire VHLM and putting work into being in the minors. I hate the minors and it's really hard for myself to get motivated while in the VHLM, once the VHL comes it's a lot easier. as you have a lot more to strive for other then A VHLM achievement tracker. If you made a cap to enter a draft I could see a lot of people not even creating a player then, just signing up for the site, seeing you need 50 TPE to enter the draft and saying fuck it. 

I believe that the VHLM is very important. You shouldn't just be able to jump to the big leagues as soon as you join.. get into the VHLM, prove yourself worthy, and get called up simple and easy.. if you think that is hard than you obviously shouldn't be playing this game.. (I'm not attacking you, but I'm attacking any new recruit who thinks going through a minor league is boring and precedes to quit because of it)

I believe that the VHLM is very important. You shouldn't just be able to jump to the big leagues as soon as you join.. get into the VHLM, prove yourself worthy, and get called up simple and easy.. if you think that is hard than you obviously shouldn't be playing this game.. (I'm not attacking you, but I'm attacking any new recruit who thinks going through a minor league is boring and precedes to quit because of it)

Yesi see your points, I believe your looking at it from a real world prospective, as you get nothing out of being in the VHLM other then Achievement Tracker. The VHLM has a diminishing marginal effect in my opinion. 

Edited by Smarch

He is pulling out the big words now. What we need to do is make the process of joining and getting used to the league easier. Smarch is right though, the VHLM is inactive and boring. It starts with good GMs imo

Yesi see your points, I believe your looking at it from a real world prospective, as you get nothing out of being in the VHLM other then Achievement Tracker. The VHLM has a diminishing marginal effect in my opinion. 

Yes, Im looking at it from a real world prospective, and thats what i like about this game.. it is very realistic.. I standby the keeping of the VHLM and actually am hopping for an expansion of it and the expansion of the VHL..

He is pulling out the big words now. What we need to do is make the process of joining and getting used to the league easier. Smarch is right though, the VHLM is inactive and boring. It starts with good GMs imo

And thats why I'm trying to get the basics down as an Assistant GM so i can become a GM later

Talking about GMs.. Why hasn't the GM of Turku made any waiver claims?

I took the role of bad team with no picks picking up the waiver players. Imagine you being in Ottawa and Travis being in Turku. Neither of you would have anyone to talk to and both locker rooms would be boring. 

I took the role of bad team with no picks picking up the waiver players. Imagine you being in Ottawa and Travis being in Turku. Neither of you would have anyone to talk to and both locker rooms would be boring. 

Travis and i talk? hahahaha

I think having 0 TPE on your player and starting with nothing kind of sucks.  I had an idea awhile back that never really got any exposure about giving all new players 10 TPE to start to build their player.  That way not only do they start with something they also get to put it into an attribute like scoring and possibly have a bit more success in the sim rather than starting with 0 TPE and if they are super active finally getting updated eventually with 50+ TPE in the next sim update.  You could off-set the 3 doubles weeks and just make that 2 doubles weeks for new players who don't take re-create.

So essentially the rule would be if you don't get carry over start with 10 TPE and 2 doubles weeks or take the 6-8% carryover from old player.

Yes, Im looking at it from a real world prospective, and thats what i like about this game.. it is very realistic.. I standby the keeping of the VHLM and actually am hopping for an expansion of it and the expansion of the VHL..

Well Hopefully more people like you come around then and inject some life into the VHLM. In my VHLM year it just wasn't very exciting and even my first started to get dull in the end. Sterling's right with GM's, but again it's a thankless job in the league lesser so then VHL GM's but still. 

I like Mike's idea better. A lot of the new people the league gets may come from the waiver wire, and the waiver wire people would not be able to participate in vhlm training camp.

Pretty sure this would be open to them as well, pretty much staying open all season to allow both waiver wire players and inactives who return to claim these 10 TPE.