Claimed: For the 12 TPE Cap Era, Does Job Pay Need To Be Re-Assessed?

Tagger

Am I a Crazy Person?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, Lucky 2 Times said:

Except the format is garbage tbh. Picking players>draft.

As long as I run it the format won’t change. I have zero desire for 35 teams the exact same with th maybe you be player difference. EFL fantasy is a joke

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't really read anything here, but just about every weekly pay job in 12 TPE leagues pays 3 weekly. In fact, in the SBA the only way to earn more than 9 capped in a week is with a job. I think it'd make things much more streamlined here if that was the case.

• Commissioner
6 hours ago, .sniffuM said:

Didn't really read anything here, but just about every weekly pay job in 12 TPE leagues pays 3 weekly. In fact, in the SBA the only way to earn more than 9 capped in a week is with a job. I think it'd make things much more streamlined here if that was the case.

I can accept the streamlined argument but I have always hated that logic. Maybe it's just me but I like that the VHL rewards all it's members equally and jobs are just a different way to earn TPE; not an increased way. So like, I get 3 TPE a week for commish pay but that doesn't mean that I get to hit the 12 cap and someone without that pay doesn't; they just have to earn it in a different way.

However a compromise here could be reviewing. Since reviewing is open to everyone already (and isn't really taken advantage of) we could increase it's pay to 3/week max and have it count as a job. That way those with more traditional jobs like commish pay or updating get their pay and the 12 TPE cap. Meanwhile those without jobs have a 9 TPE cap from traditional tasks but can get the last 3 only from reviewing. Would likely make reviewing a much more popular option, give that streamlined 9/12 that people are used to (we could make sure all jobs pay enough to get to the cap as well if they don't already), and still have the possibility that everyone can hit the cap just using different methods.

I'm sure @DollarAndADream wouldn't complain about more reviews.

6 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I can accept the streamlined argument but I have always hated that logic. Maybe it's just me but I like that the VHL rewards all it's members equally and jobs are just a different way to earn TPE; not an increased way. So like, I get 3 TPE a week for commish pay but that doesn't mean that I get to hit the 12 cap and someone without that pay doesn't; they just have to earn it in a different way.

However a compromise here could be reviewing. Since reviewing is open to everyone already (and isn't really taken advantage of) we could increase it's pay to 3/week max and have it count as a job. That way those with more traditional jobs like commish pay or updating get their pay and the 12 TPE cap. Meanwhile those without jobs have a 9 TPE cap from traditional tasks but can get the last 3 only from reviewing. Would likely make reviewing a much more popular option, give that streamlined 9/12 that people are used to (we could make sure all jobs pay enough to get to the cap as well if they don't already), and still have the possibility that everyone can hit the cap just using different methods.

SBA has it so that as a reviewer you get 3 TPE per week, as long as you review a minimum of 5 things.

I'm all on board for anything that will help people want to review. It's a graveyard of just me and exlaxchronicles. I think Bana is starting up soon.

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

SBA has it so that as a reviewer you get 3 TPE per week, as long as you review a minimum of 5 things.

That seems a little much for kinda little IMO. The above would probably just extend the weekly cap while keeping the workload the same. So you'd just be able to do 12 for 3 instead of 8 for 2.

So under a system like this the cap would be 12 for those with formal jobs and 9 for those without but up to 3 earnable from reviewing that could be used as part of the job 12 or to push the non-job to 12.

The wording is a bit weird but the idea is there. Thoughts?

17 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Just read back my comment and realized it sounded like I was advocating for the VHL to adopt the 9/12 system. I meant I was advocating streamlining job pay by making more jobs worth 3 TPE. I know it might not seem fair compared to some more important jobs like commishing or simming but IMO as long as someone is actively doing their job while having one of those roles they should be able to have their work replace the need to do a PT anyway.

Edited by .sniffuM

• Commissioner
7 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

Just read back my comment and realized it sounded like I was advocating for the VHL to adopt the 9/12 system. I meant I was advocating streamlining job pay by making more jobs worth 3 TPE. I know it might not seem fair compared to some more important jobs like commishing or simming but IMO as long as someone is actively doing their job while having one of those roles they should be able to have their work replace the need to do a PT anyway.

I think it's more complicated than just saying all jobs are now worth 3. We would definitely have to define certain ones as being PT replacements or maybe article / PC replacements or something to compensate. At that point is it really more streamlined than just stating what jobs get paid what? Streamlining is one thing but certain jobs are more necessary than others which is why they are paid more than others. Simming and Recruiting, for instance, are vital so they really shouldn't be paid the same as say reviewing which is important and nice to have but the league won't die without.

Maybe we could have 3 levels though and it would keep things relatively streamlined:

3 TPE Job Pay: Regular starting salary for all jobs, basically as you discuss.

9 TPE Job Pay: Replaces your main PT plus gives the regular job pay. Would be used for PT like things (scouting report, etc) plus stuff like simming or Commish. Perhaps even updaters.

12 TPE Job Pay: Very rare, used for extremely important things such as Recruitment and offers the full cap without anything extra needed.

I would be fine with something like that. Even in addition to what was described above which is growing on me a tad more since it would allow us to get more reviews which means more activity in addition to making traditional jobs seem a little more enticing because you are guaranteed that full cap more steadily; since a lot of people reviewing could mean not enough reviews to go around.

21 minutes ago, Beketov said:

That seems a little much for kinda little IMO. The above would probably just extend the weekly cap while keeping the workload the same. So you'd just be able to do 12 for 3 instead of 8 for 2.

So under a system like this the cap would be 12 for those with formal jobs and 9 for those without but up to 3 earnable from reviewing that could be used as part of the job 12 or to push the non-job to 12.

The wording is a bit weird but the idea is there. Thoughts?

Yeah, I like that sort of thing. Can't earn 12 unless you have a job, which including optionable reviewing. So everyone can earn 12, but only if you review.

Even now it makes no damn sense to me why nobody reviews. Reviewing right now is so much easier than like half the shit you can do. All you have to do is make sure the word mark is met and it's on topic. It takes like  30 seconds to read through 500 words and make a little comment. It's a huge part of how I've been making boss players for so many seasons here.

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Yeah, I like that sort of thing. Can't earn 12 unless you have a job, which including optionable reviewing. So everyone can earn 12, but only if you review.

Even now it makes no damn sense to me why nobody reviews. Reviewing right now is so much easier than like half the shit you can do. All you have to do is make sure the word mark is met and it's on topic. It takes like  30 seconds to read through 500 words and make a little comment. It's a huge part of how I've been making boss players for so many seasons here.

I'm not really sure why; I think people just don't think about it really. That or it doesn't seem worth it compared to say writing 150 words for a VHL.com article that's worth the same amount. Shifting the cap back down to 9 unless you review world make it far more enticing. However it would go back to limiting what people can do a little bit which was a complaint before we changed the weekly cap. I don't think people have really been embracing the options as much as we hoped though. most have seemingly just added a PC into their weekly routine rather than deciding if they want to grade or do a PC or what. The cap increase and PC's were supposed to bring diversity but they really haven't anyway.

If we're just talking changes to pay I'm okay with what I proposed above but I'm also okay with considering a 9/12 system here reviewing becomes more important again. Open for discussion on both.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:20 AM, Beketov said:

I'm not really sure why; I think people just don't think about it really. That or it doesn't seem worth it compared to say writing 150 words for a VHL.com article that's worth the same amount. Shifting the cap back down to 9 unless you review world make it far more enticing. However it would go back to limiting what people can do a little bit which was a complaint before we changed the weekly cap. I don't think people have really been embracing the options as much as we hoped though. most have seemingly just added a PC into their weekly routine rather than deciding if they want to grade or do a PC or what. The cap increase and PC's were supposed to bring diversity but they really haven't anyway.

If we're just talking changes to pay I'm okay with what I proposed above but I'm also okay with considering a 9/12 system here reviewing becomes more important again. Open for discussion on both.

As far as options - I personally don't enjoy the PC that much. Since I already get job pay (2 from VHLM GM) am I still eligible to review some here and there