Team Merc "Big" Announcement

Banackock

Well, if you missed it, Team Merc has officially released their roster for the upcoming World Cup. Check it out HERE. So I suppose you could say that too was a big announcement. Prior to us getting to this announcement, I'd like to make a brief statement on this years upcoming tourney, more so Team Merc (get them words in, hey).

It's going to be a challenging year but we feel as though we're up to the challenge. Our goaltending is strong in Brodeur and while Sterling @Will may have had a small edge on Arvid Aamo, we felt as though giving Aamo the call. It's important to keep all members on this site happy and active and we don't feel we have much to worry about for Sterling and his agent. Thus, we want to give Aamo an early taste of the big show. Next, our defence is pretty okay. Stronger than our forwards but yet, on each end, we lack true, elite talent. Though, our forwards are a very attractive group of young VHLers who all within time, will be competing for golds. We're excited to show the league that the underdog has just as much bite (hopefully).

With that out of the way and the rosters being announced, we have one more announcement (before one a little later on today or maybe tomorrow or maybe moments from writing this so I can blab out my TPE for the week)....

Robert Malenko reached out to me prior to selecting (quite a ways before) and asked, if there was a chance, to be named on the team. While this could not be fulfilled due to a weaker base (so we needed a stronger back end), we have decided to bring him aboard in the decision making and such to gain a little experience and get the taste of what GMing is all about in this league.

Team Mercs Assistant GM and A. Coach - @pennypenny

Congrats. Look forward to working with you and hopefully bringing home a medal! ?

@DollarAndADream Penny can claim the TPE at the end of the day. Thanks!

(2 TPE for Forsberg, Woop) 

27 minutes ago, pennypenny said:

Glad to be a part of the team. Hoping to bring the team to a medal this World Cup!

Don't forget, when the time comes, to claim that sweet TPE. Think of it as a charitable donation from yours truly and from now on, I own your VHL soul. 

?

7 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Banackok picking Penny as an AGM hmm not hinting at anything at all ;)

I like him and have always took young, newer members under my wing. Maybe, just maybe, we're grooming him to be the new bench boss in Seattle one day?