Calgary Ousted in the Semis

omgitshim

The Wranglers championship hopes came to an end this week after falling victim to the top seeded New York Americans in 6 games. Calgary started the series off on the right foot by forcing overtime in game one. Things turned the Wranglers way late in the overtime period, where Keaton Louth and Oyorra Arroyo unleashed a flurry of 4 shots in about 7 seconds, ending when the rookie Arroyo netted the puck to give Calgary the win in game one. New York took care of business in game 2, but game 3 was a different story. Despite outshooting the Wranglers 50-26, this one went scoreless all the way into double overtime where Sergei Komarov finally scored on his 7th shot of the game. It was all Wranglers in game 4 thanks to a pair of first period goals by Niko Bogdanovic. New York looked greatly out of sorts as they spent 22 minutes in the penalty box and gave up 3 power play goals. The Americans looked to take game 5 with a 2 goal lead early, but the Wranglers fought back to tie it in the 3rd and ultimately force another double overtime game. New York held stout at the end though and persevered once again to put Calgary on the brink of elimination. The Wranglers came out firing in game 6, outshooting the Americans 18-12 in the first period but still ended up behind 2-1. New York put the clamps on from there, and a pair of insurance goals in the 3rd secured the win and their ticket to the finals. Calgary fans were disheartened by the loss, but they are ripe with anticipation for what next season will bring.

Claiming for last week since I wrote this on Saturday and the board was dead.

1 minute ago, Lucky 2 Times said:

Helsinki loses Cornerstone, Jacob, Muller, Leblanc and Locke. How can they compete?

Still quite a bit in play around the league and I'm more than willing to help out @Higgins with all this happening lately ?

2 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Still quite a bit in play around the league and I'm more than willing to help out @Higgins with all this happening lately ?

You really don't have much and he said he won't risk the future for his competing ways. Plus I think he is trying to move on.

20 minutes ago, Lucky 2 Times said:

You really don't have much and he said he won't risk the future for his competing ways. Plus I think he is trying to move on.

Guess we'll see. ☺️