Konstantin Mulligan Press Conference

Pandar

1. What are your expectations for the season?

2. Thoughts on where you could land in the VHL draft?

3. Where do you want to play in the VHL?

4. What are your players goals? Win cups? Score the most goals? What TPe level etc?

5. Does your player have any superstitions?

@Pandar

Edited by Banackock

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2018 at 8:39 PM, Banackock said:

1. What are your expectations for the season?

2. Thoughts on where you could land in the VHL draft?

3. Where do you want to play in the VHL?

1.  Mainly, I plan to do my best to hit a lot of dudes.  I don't really care about putting up huge numbers of points, my teams's got guys for that.  I just want my opponents to look at my hit totals and worry about me when they take the ice.  If a guy's constantly looking out for me, he's gonna make mistakes, and that's gonna help my team.

2.  Not a clue.  Depends what GMs are looking for.  I doubt that I'll ever be a big option when it comes to putting up lots of points.  I'm just gonna try to shut other guys down, make it hard for them to play their game.  So, I guess I'll go wherever a GM who values that is picking.  I'll say late first round optimistically, more likely to be mid-second round.

3.  Somewhere were the GM will let me play my game.  I want to bash guys.  Sure, I'll work on passing and skating or whatever... but at the end of the day, I'm here to check some dudes.

1.) Yukon seems to be the favorite this season, do you think a cup is in the bag?

2.) Which team will challenge you the most in the playoffs?

3.) With a lot of hits comes a lot of penalties. Are you concerned that your physical play could backfire at an inopportune time?

4.) Is there any opponent in particular that you love to knock on their ass?

5.) Can anyone on the team take you in a fight?

6.) Who has the craziest pre-game ritual in the locker room?

@Pandar

Edited by omgitshim

1. If I ask you to a fight next time our teams meet - will you say yes and drop the gloves?

2. What it´s like to play in a team like Yukon with so much scoring power?

3. Is there such a thing as dirty hit?

4. Do you plan on keeping the physical style of hockey up in the VHL as well?

5. What has been the hardest part or moment so far in your VHLM career?

On 6/18/2018 at 8:39 PM, Banackock said:

4. What are your players goals? Win cups? Score the most goals? What TPe level etc?

5. Does your player have any superstitions?

4. Hit ALL the people.  As for TPE levels, I'll try to consistently get 10+ TPE per week, so where ever that ends up getting me.

5. He's gotta eat a Reuben sandwich before every game.  Otherwise his skates will break and he'll die.

On 7/8/2018 at 1:17 AM, omgitshim said:

1.) Yukon seems to be the favorite this season, do you think a cup is in the bag?

2.) Which team will challenge you the most in the playoffs?

3.) With a lot of hits comes a lot of penalties. Are you concerned that your physical play could backfire at an inopportune time?

4.) Is there any opponent in particular that you love to knock on their ass?

1.  Nope.  I think we've got a solid team that is consistently rolling... but I've said it once and I'll say it again: the playoffs are random as hell.

2.  Gotta be Oslo.  They play hard every game.

3. I mean, it's a concern, but I work to be disciplined as to when and how I'm taking those hits.  I've got room to improve on that front, but I'm not gonna stop working my game.

4. All of them.  I mean, at this point, I've forgotten all the guys I've hit.  But I like to go after goal scorers in particular, try to get them off their game.

1. Who's your all time favorite NHL player and why?

2. Since you like to hit, can you see yourself being the all time league leader in hits once your VHL career comes to an end?

3 As a hard hitting player, do you enjoy squaring off with an opponent as well?

4. Do you follow any superstitions before or during a game?.

5. What number do you like to wear and why?

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2018 at 4:16 PM, jRuutu said:

1. If I ask you to a fight next time our teams meet - will you say yes and drop the gloves?

2. What it´s like to play in a team like Yukon with so much scoring power?

3. Is there such a thing as dirty hit?

4. Do you plan on keeping the physical style of hockey up in the VHL as well?

5. What has been the hardest part or moment so far in your VHLM career?

5.) Can anyone on the team take you in a fight?

1.  Sure, why not?  You'll probably win though...

2.  It was really relieving.  I didn't have to worry about if I was contributing enough on the offensive side of the puck, and could focus more on defense and disrupting opposing players.

3.  Absolutely.  I'm trying to be really disciplined in the way that I check.  Safety's important.  You can still play a hard-nosed physical game, and not injure people.

4.  That's the plan.  We'll see how it goes, though

5. I think the hardest thing was watching myself fall in the draft.  I mean, i don't have a style of play that's much in vogue these days, but still, I'd put in a bunch of work and quite a few guys with less practice time went before me.  It's alright, though.  I'll just have to check the hell out of them.

5.  Oh hell yeah.  For all that I like to lay dudes out, I'm not actually that good at fighting.  It's weird.

From Titans PC questions:

( @Quik )

1. With the Titans clearly operating with an eye to the future, what do you do to focus on your current season?
  2. Is there anything your GM could do to make this season's experience better?
  3. With NHL training camp opening in just over a week, is there any team or player you are keeping an eye on for this season?

1. Just keep training, playing my game.  I trust management, I can't let what they do change how I play.  I'm gonna try to help our team win every night.  Full stop.

2.  I don't think so?  I'm happy to be here, and looking forward to seeing how the season plays out.

3.  I'm worried about with the Blue Jackets are gonna do with Panarin.  Having seen what Jeff Carter was able to do to morale when he didn't want to be in C-Bus makes me worried about what could happen to the room if stuff goes bad.

On 7/16/2018 at 11:27 PM, Exlaxchronicles said:

1. Who's your all time favorite NHL player and why?

2. Since you like to hit, can you see yourself being the all time league leader in hits once your VHL career comes to an end?

3 As a hard hitting player, do you enjoy squaring off with an opponent as well?

1.  Probably Carey Price.  I sadly wasn't really following hockey until ~2009, so while I know some of the greats, I never really got to see them.  

2.  I mean, I'd love to get to that benchmark, but I doubt I'll be able to pull it off.  There's so much history in this league, I think I'll have a hard time really making it into the record books, no matter how specialized I go.  But I'm gonna do my best!

3.  Not really.  I will if I need to, but I love the hit as a part of the game.  Dropping the gloves is good on occasion, but not something I'm looking to do, especially if it's forced or gonna hurt my team.

From Titans PC questions:

( @Quik )

1. Both Montgomery and Mulligan have started to heat up of late, to what do you attribute the recent uptick in scoring?
  2. What are your thoughts on your teammates in Helsinki?
  3. While the Titans are eliminated from playoff contention, does the recent stretch of competitive games help ease the pain of losing?
  4. What are your favourite things to do with your off-time between games and practices?
  5. Who are your predictions for the Final Four in the NHL this season?

1.  Well, someone has to carry the load, and it seems like the two of us are just best able to handle it right now.

2.  It's a solid locker room, with solid guys.  I'm looking forward to seeing where management takes us.

3.  Yeah, I think it's really giving us a chance to see what the future holds, and showing our fans that there's still hope beyond this season.

4.  I do lots of cycling, eating, and uh.... looks at gound  playing Pokemon GO.

5.  Not necessarily what I'm hoping for, but: Sharks/Jets/Leafs/Penguins

On 7/16/2018 at 11:27 PM, Exlaxchronicles said:

4. Do you follow any superstitions before or during a game?.

I have to step off the ice and into the box or into the team's bench area with my left foot.  If I step off with my right foot, my ankle will instantly shatter and we'll lose.

• 2 months later...

1. Trump and Trudeau have been summoned to fight to the death. Who wins and what's their weapon of choice? Please make me laugh.

2. What stinks when living and smells good when dead? (riddle time, baby)

3. What is your favourite sport? Who is your favourite team? 

4. Fuck one, kill one, marry one - GO! (Blake Lively, Beyonce, Margot Robbie). Google, em.

5. If you could invent something right now, what would your beautiful inventions be?

@Pandar

• 3 months later...

1. How has your life in Vancouver been so far, liking it?

2. Getting to play in the same line as Rauno Palo, dream come true?

3. Would you rather play season with Rauno Palo or win a cup?

4. Who do you think has the worst fashion sense in Vancouver?

5.  Is Vancouver going to win the championship this year?

• 1 month later...

1. thoughts on your season this year?

2. Thoughts on the playoffs so far?

3. Did Vancouver surprise the shit out of everyone this season? What went wrong?

4. Thoughts on VHLM expansion?

5. Thoughts on the newest VHL team?

@Pandar