It's A Record

Image result for hockey hit gif

Davos -- When Gabriel McAllister started his VHL career, he envisioned he'd be nothing but a pure scorer. Through his entire VHLM career and during his first two years in the VHL, he put absolutely zero work into his Checking and Strength abilities, and it showed with just 19 hits in his second season. Goals were always the priority for McAllister.

So naturally, he just set the VHL record for most hits in a single season.

It's certainly not something McAllister ever saw himself doing, but he'll certainly take it. With 461 total hits, he absolutely smashes the previous record of 441 hits set by (Davos's own) Simon Valmount, to say nothing of his own previous high of 292. The high hits total is perhaps even more perplexing by the fact he hasn't maxed out his Checking and Strength training abilities.

"I mean sure, I'll take it," McAllister said after a recent practice. "I didn't really start working on my hitting ability until recently, and I never thought of it as the most important part of my game. But it's certainly something I take pride in, and I'm happy to have the record."

Whether the record will translate into something more, such as a Top Two-Way Forward or even an MVP trophy, remains to be seen. For now, McAllister is focused on beating the Titans in the semifinals of the VHL playoffs.