Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

Posted (edited)

1. I think we have the best core in the league, but we need just a few more players to complete the roster.  I think (hope) we will eventually find them and when we do, we'll have an amazing team (more amazing than we already do)!  Um, 1st place all the way!

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

2. My go to shootout move is la clapbomb bardownski-- lol who am I kidding, with my player, chances are the shot is hitting the goalie right in the chest.  

Muffin GIF

3. I decline to comment at this time.

Microphone Avoid GIF by Microsoft Edge

4. Lol if I get benched it's fully deserved.  Muffin anyone? 

Sadness Sad Cat GIF

5. It's my player's first season in the VHL so I'm excited to see what happens there.  For the 21st though, I'm excited to see our returning players take the next step in their career and become the top players on our team (and potentially among the best in the league!)

Muffin GIF by Big Brother

6. Me, definitely. Usain Bolt is bambi in this hypothetical.
bambi GIFSlipping Falling Down GIF

Edited by LucyXpher

1. Top 3 for sure! We had a great draft, we have a great locker room full of hard working, dedicated guys, we'll give everyone a run for their money!

2. The old Datsyuk flip! The perfect combo of elegance and absolute embarrassment for the goaltender on the other end!

3. We got a bunch of deserving guys on the roster right now, it'll be a tough pick for the front office, but I know they'll make the right choice. 

4. Of course I'm not going to like it! But at the end of the day, the coach has the teams interests at heart and so should I, I'll pay my dues. 

5. I was fortunate enough to be drafted to a great all around team, I'll just be happy to get some half way decent ice time!

6. Me for sure! Usain could take me on the track, but he won't be prepared for the ice! 

On 5/27/2024 at 10:27 PM, ace_five_ said:

6QYWxyg.png

1. "...I think we'll take the cup. I hope we take the cup." 
2. "Pray. Ganesh, Allah, Ahura Mazda, etc., but I try to deke and out-manoeuvre the goalie." 
3. "...I'm not really...sure, honestly. I trust Management with that, since they've made great decisions in the past. There's a lot of great picks on the team, so I couldn't decide on one person to make captain."
4. "I mean...it depends on the type of benching. If I'm playing like shit, bench the hell out of me--it lets me collect myself and come back to the game. But if I'm not playing until the third period after everyone else is exhausted, then I have a problem." 
5. "Playing hockey. It felt like I was going through withdraws." 
6. "...Running shoes? Usain Bolt. I stumble on flat ground." 

Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2024 at 11:27 PM, ace_five_ said:

6QYWxyg.png

1. I am very new to the team but I think we will be competitive.

2. I like the toe drag, then top-shelf opposite corner.

3. I am so new, I am unsure who the best picks would be.

4. I would try to figure out what I did wrong and make adjustments to improve my play.

5. Find a good place to call home and contribute to the team.

6. Me... lower center of gravity. Plus I don't think Usain Bolt has ever been on the ice.

Edited by Quanack

On 5/27/2024 at 9:27 PM, ace_five_ said:

6QYWxyg.png

1. I think we will end up first or second in are division and anywhere from 1-4 in the league.

2. Running over the goalie and acting confused when the referee waves the goal off.

3. At the time I'm writing the captains were named and I think they were the right choices because of the experience and leadership they bring.

4. Use the built up anger and on my next shift go throw some people into the boards/ice.

5. Going out and breaking some bones.

6. Growing up playing playing hockey and around hockey rinks, I definitely think I could out run him on ice because I got that technique.

1. I don't really care about my points as long as the team wins

2. A humble raised stick

3. The team works hard. I think we have a good chance of achieving that. Unless something catastrophic happens, we are in a good spot

4. Pull him aside and meet with him 1 on 1. Explain what is wrong and give him options of how it can be corrected. We are a team so if one player has a problem and it is not addressed,  it can jeopardize the team as a whole. That's where locker rooms can divide or choose to stick together to overcome the problem.  

5. Dark purple tape. Big knob and a lot of length on the shaft😅

6. I haven't laced up skates in a while so I might do 1 or 2 before falling. Gimme some time and I'll be able to do more

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, ace_five_ said:

lduXNyv.png

1. Everybody has been fantastic so far this season and I’m so excited for this group!  Points?  My player?  Lol maybe a baker’s  dozen.  Don’t worry about my player…

Good Witch Love GIF by Hallmark Channel

2. Well, we all know my player would never score a game winning goal, but on the off chance that I did, I’m not really sure I’d know what to do with myself…

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

3. That would be a pretty wild stat line!  Not saying it can’t be done, but I’m also not going to get my hopes too high.  Simon feeds on hope.

Episode 1 Pointing GIF by The Simpsons

4. It’s not worth engaging with toxicity.  If I can remove myself from the situation, that’s my first option.  If that person doesn’t want to chill out then we can always remove them.  Thankfully, we haven’t had that problem because everyone’s been awesome!

Peace Out Goodbye GIF by NETFLIX

5. White tape, always, and I only tape from halfway up the blade over the toe. 
unlucky tv show GIF

6. 34.

Figure Skating Wow GIF by US National Archives

Edited by LucyXpher

1. im not sure. i hope alot! or a least alot more then what i got last season

2.  the jagr salute

3. im sure we can do it!

4. calmly talk to them and see if you can work it out. if not. scrap in practice 

5. i use black tape and i normally cover only about half the blade

6. im not sure probably a decent amount befor i fall over 

On 6/3/2024 at 8:54 PM, ace_five_ said:

lduXNyv.png

1. To be honest, I am just happy to contribute anything. I am hoping to hit double digits.

2. Simple one-hand stick raise and then praise my teammates for a good shift.

3. It would be sweet, but don't want to get too cocky... it's a long season.

4. Talk it out as a team. I think it is best as a group so it doesn't seem like individuals are just bickering.

5. I like white tape on the blade, heel to toe, with about an 8-inch black tape job on top with a nice knob.

6. I would be lucky to get more than one before getting dizzy.

On 6/3/2024 at 6:54 PM, ace_five_ said:

lduXNyv.png

1. With how Boris is playing he could very well end up with over a ppg but Boris isn’t really worried about that.

2. Riding the stick celebration.

3. With how we are playing it is very doable.

4. Have a stern talking with them and if that doesn’t work, break their bones obviously.

5. Boris doesn’t use any tape on his stick. Just an old fashion wooden stick.

6. Probably about 10.

1. Halifax is the best because we have different players bringing different skills and making us one finely tune machine! Also the Gm has been doing pretty awesome work both in drafting and signing.

2.As of today, I'd say Saskatoon. We had an off game last game and I wouldn't want them to think they have our number. Next time we will bring the heat

3. Miami's Toby Cook. He's a hard hitter and I think he needs to be humbled by the fist of Khan

4. Ty Duke. He's been a great help to the team but also at helping me find success offensively. We are both leading the league in the +/- category while being both being on the top PK line. Definitely work well together.

5.I'd wish it was a Canadian team but unfortunately, Florida will most likely win.

6. I'd go for Quinn. Jack, as much as I enjoy watching him play and seeing how good he is, he's just been injured too often and Luke is still up and coming. Today I would pick Quinn but Luke being the bigger of the 2 could possibly become quite an asset for NJ and a dominating force in the league, so in a few years I might change my mind about who I would pick.

1.  Uhhh, well maybe because Halifax is stacked with good players, or maybe the Halifax GM is quite smart with the lineup and knows how to get the best out of Simon.

2.  Spicy…. Well how about any team except Saskatoon and Las Vegas because those are my prior teams.

3.  Most definitely it would be Jeffrey Pines Jr.

4.  I am not sure about that but I would say its a defender.  They never get enough credit!!  But, thanks for letting me crash your press conference!

5.  I picked Panthers, but I want Edmonton.  

6.  Oh crap.  I dont know their names.  I’m going to say I would take the youngest one because that way he’d be on the team longer and would be worth more if I as GM decided to trade him for someone better.

2 minutes ago, Thunder said:

4.  I am not sure about that but I would say its a defender.  They never get enough credit!!  But, thanks for letting me crash your press conference!

You're welcome to crash the press conference anytime!  

3.  Most definitely it would be Jeffrey Pines Jr.

Oh, I definitely want to see this!

1. we are the best because from management to our players we all do our best for our team.

2. dosnt matter what team. i just like winning 

3. any player that touches our goalie id gladly drop the gloves with

4. Dorji Khan has been playing amazing and we help each other offensively. they always work hard and do there best for the team

5. i want Edmonton because go canada. but hasn't happen since 93. wont happen anytime soon unfortunately 

6. jack hughes all the way. i like his brothers but im more of a fan of defensive defenders. 

On 6/9/2024 at 11:21 PM, LucyXpher said:

ZljNZXK.pngInternational Cat Day Cats GIF by BuzzFeed

1. We have a great group of players with everyone contributing to our success, including management.

2. I don't know the big rivalries in our league since this is my first season, but I like to beat them all.

3. I am a lover... fighting is not in my game.  If I had to, I would stand up for my teammates.

4. I think Ty Duke is doing really well and I haven't heard his name much.

5. I hate Florida so much, that I am almost rooting for a Canadian team, but Florida will probably win.

6. I think that Jack Hughes is probably the best all-around player. Quinn is still not proven in the league.

21 minutes ago, Quanack said:

4. I think Ty Duke is doing really well and I haven't heard his name much.

I totally agree!

On 6/9/2024 at 11:21 PM, LucyXpher said:

1. Halifax is the best because every player has been active in the development of their players and great drafting by the team managers.

2. I played in Miami last season. So probably them.

3. Carl Erhardt of the Mexico City Kings. Two big defensive defensemen.

4. Ty Duke. He's putting up big numbers and he hasn't even reached 200 TPE yet.

5. Florida Panthers (unfortunately).

6. Quinn Hughes for sure. Can put up probably even better offensive stats then the other brothers as a defenseman.

12 minutes ago, ThatCanadian said:

6. Quinn Hughes for sure. Can put up probably even better offensive stats than the other brothers as a defenseman.

As much as I like Jack and Luke has huge potential, Quinn really went to another level this season and it’s so fun watching him skate in the offensive zone!

On 6/9/2024 at 9:21 PM, LucyXpher said:

1. We got a great locker room, are GM and AGM are awesome and everyone is playing their role that is helping this team win.

2. I got three, Mexico, Saskatoon and Miami because it would show those teams that they can't hang with us.

3. Boris doesn't discriminate, He wants everybody.

4. Dustin Moore because he is dominating every aspect of the ice.

5. Just because the Oilers are down 3-1 in the series at the time I am writing this, I am still picking the Oilers.

6. Well Bouchard>Quinn, so it can't be him. Nobody is paying to see Jack play :), so its not him. So I will pick Luke.

1 hour ago, RileyL said:

6. Well Bouchard>Quinn, so it can't be him. Nobody is paying to see Jack play :), so it’s not him. So I will pick Luke.

Well that is one way to choose lol!  I suppose I did ask for spicy 😝

1. The VHLM is important because that's where talents develop themselves. It's where stars start to shine. 

2. I expect some movement to try and solidify teams on their way to the playoffs. It's where teams look at their roster and try to fill in their needs to give themselves a better chance at winning. Or in some cases teams are sellers where they try sell players right now for picks or younger players to help rebuild for the future. 

3. We should be close to the 60 wins mark.  Although with the trade deadline coming up,  some teams might get stronger so it might get tougher.

4. If I was to get traded ( and hopefully I don't), I would want to be on a competitive team fighting for the championship. 

5. I owe a big part of my success to the team as a whole. They definitely helped Dorji Khan be as successful offensively and defensively. I do owe a lot to management because they seem to know how to build a team that works well with eachother 

6. ZERO because I want to be on the ice to help the team win.