Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

JhmlGX6_d.webp.ee71eca278ba32be0011fff1f58b2036.webp

Halifax 21st Press Conference

Answer 3 Questions for 1 Capped TPE

Answer 6 Questions for 2 Capped TPE

For Week Ending on January 28, 2024

1. How close is this team to turning defeats into victories?
  2. What is the story of this team so far?
  3. What is the most surprising narrative to come of of the early stages of the VHLM?
  4. Where would you place a VHLM team if you could place a team anywhere?
  5. What do you enjoy most about living and playing in Halifax?
  6. Who is your early pick for VHLM MVP?

Depends how good the AGM is and how much work they put in.
    You should know the story already if you are AGM so I don't need to tell you.
  3. What is the most surprising narrative to come of of the early stages of the VHLM?
    This sentence doesn't make sense.
    I would start the Halifax 1st team in Halifax. 
    I hate Halifax. My worst enemy Bryn Yrwy lives in Halifax.
    Me. Of course I will be MVP. This should not even be a question.

22 minutes ago, Will3 said:

JhmlGX6_d.webp.ee71eca278ba32be0011fff1f58b2036.webp

For Week Ending on January 28, 2024

1. I do think close. We've been looking a lot better in the past 10 games than we did the first ten. If we can keep earning as a team, I think it's coming.

2. Slow growth. This is a team that was last place last season and the cupboard pretty bare entering the offseason, so I don't think fourth and close to third is that bad. But we need to keep going.

3. It's just been fun seeing all of the new players enter. Excitement around the VHLM is a good thing, and I'm happy that people have embraced the VHLM.

4. I enjoy big markets that don't really have hockey right now. And especially with the area's growth and being in a cold weather place, Salt Lake City/Utah makes a lot of sense to me. (Not sure I've ever seen a Utah sim league team, to be honest?)

5. I'm somebody who enjoys being on the water, so even when it's cold out I'll still take a walk down the shore. Just makes me feel at peace.

6. Philly's really impressed me early, and Jorgen Lovstrom's a big reason. That's a large save percentage gap to any other full-time starter.

JhmlGX6_d.webp.80b4795845f1716ac91d73247cdb7964.webp

For Week Ending on February 4, 2024

1. Were are closing up on Ottawa. Are we going to overtake them in the standings?
  2. The Western Conference is strong this season. What team in that conference would you say is underrated?
  3. What teammate would you vote to a All-Star game?
  4. What are you hoping for going second half of the season?
  5. You are given the opportunity to rebrand one VHLM franchise. What franchise would you rebrand and what would you rebrand that franchise into?
  6. VHLM or VHLE?

On 1/29/2024 at 1:41 PM, Will3 said:

For Week Ending on February 4, 2024

1. Were are closing up on Ottawa. Are we going to overtake them in the standings?
  2. The Western Conference is strong this season. What team in that conference would you say is underrated?
  3. What teammate would you vote to a All-Star game?
  4. What are you hoping for going second half of the season?
  5. You are given the opportunity to rebrand one VHLM franchise. What franchise would you rebrand and what would you rebrand that franchise into?
  6. VHLM or VHLE?

1. I'd like to think so. We've been getting good wins against top teams, just need to be more consistent. I think we can get there.

2. Houston's got a lot of young, new players. When they get some more TPE, watch out.

3. Aanarsi Reingaard has been spectacular since coming on board, I couldn't ask for a better linemate.

4. I really would like to get third in the conference. That would show that we're not just the last team in or anything, but we're a legitimate threat to win on any given night.

5. I would steal Oslo from the E, then rename them the Screaming Seamen once again. We're all for historic names here, right?

6. Normally I'd say the E for the competitiveness, but the M has been a lot of fun this season with all the new players. Really enjoy the energy.

For Week Ending on February 11, 2024

1. How big of an immediate impact adding more defender would have on this team?
  2. What team do you feel is the best match up for Halifax in the playoffs? 
  3. What has been your favorite moment of the season so far?
  4. What is your ideal team bonding activity?
  5. What would you change about the league aside from deleting the VHLE?
  6. Will Salt Lake City get their NHL franchise? 

1. How big of an immediate impact adding more defender would have on this team?

Huge, especially when his name is Milo Fox ;)

2. What team do you feel is the best match up for Halifax in the playoffs? 

I would like to see us take on the most dominant team so we can prove all the doubters wrong.

3. What has been your favorite moment of the season so far?

I just got here, so that part.

4. What is your ideal team bonding activity?

Icecream and romcoms, anyone else in?

5. What would you change about the league aside from deleting the VHLE?

Making the VHLE somewhere you can play for your 9th season

6. Will Salt Lake City get their NHL franchise? 

I hope so, just so I can see a new brand and jersey design

• 3 weeks later...

JhmlGX6_d.webp.0902a184dc075f998743aca93dd9eb95.webp

Halifax 21st Press Conference

For Week Ending on March 3, 2024

1. Overall, How do you feel about your performance this season?
  2. What have you enjoyed the most about this season?
  3. With Shawn leaving his GM position, are you confident in the future of this franchise?
  4. Are you watching any of the offseason tournaments?
  5. Who is your pick to win the Cup in each league?
  6. What is the biggest surprise in the NHL this season?

• 2 weeks later...

1. my performance has been truly outstanding. could never have imagined how great id be

2. ive enjoyed playing hockey which is good because its my job

3. totally confident

4. no

5. nobody will win the cups and the playoffs will be cancelled

6. i heard the coyotes won a game

JhmlGX6_d.webp.a331cf3defcbe2ee1bfce0863c49bccf.webp

Answer 3 Questions for 1 Capped TPE

For Week Ending on March 10, 2024

1. How do you feel about your new GM @LucyXpher?
  2. With all the picks your team has in the upcomming VHLM Draft, what do you feel is the biggest position of need on the team?
  3. With all the new GMs in the VHLM comming in, who do you think is best set up to succeed in the future?
  4. How are you spending your offseason time?
  5. What pet would you own if it were allowed?
  6. If you had a time machine, where would you go?
Edited by Will3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2024 at 9:25 PM, Will3 said:

JhmlGX6_d.webp.a331cf3defcbe2ee1bfce0863c49bccf.webp

For Week Ending on March 10, 2024

1. How do you feel about your new GM @LucyXpher?
      "I feel hopeful, uh..she seems nice, in every interaction we've had she's been helpful, and unlike others isn't afraid of the fact that I'm a newer player. I'm excited, I feel that I could do a lot on this team and with this current group. I feel good, is what I'm trying to say."

2. With all the picks your team has in the upcoming VHLM Draft, what do you feel is the biggest position of need on the team?
      "I feel like I'm...far, far too new to be answering that question. We need players in empty positions, and I have trust in management that they're able to make the best decisions regarding that."  

3. With all the new GMs in the VHLM coming in, who do you think is best set up to succeed in the future?
      "Those who are passionate about the game. Those who love the game, those who...have that fire for the game inside of them. I don't think being new has anything to do with it--sure experience can help, but everyone starts out shaky on ice skates. We have to let them make those mistakes without any extra stress of...like, being the 'new' guy. We cannot have good GMs or good players without them being new." 

4. How are you spending your offseason time?
      "I read. Stay fit. I hate on the hawks. I play D&D, uh...other TTRPGs like that. So. I nerd out, essentially. I 3d model, too." 
  5. What pet would you own if it were allowed?

"...Probably an Axolotl? I think you can own those in Ontario but I don't trust myself with one." 

6. If you had a time machine, where would you go?
      "...2050. See what happens." 

Amazing first press conference! 🤩 Loved getting to know more about you! 

Edited by LucyXpher

w4Xbeh8.png

For week ending on March 24, 2024

1. The VHLM draft took place this past Saturday afternoon and Halifax drafted 10 players!  We also added Robin Sierra @ethanjaeda on waivers and traded for a goalie, Samuel Wazinski @samthemancub, in the offseason to compliment our 1 returning player John Season @dylanjj37.  What are your thoughts on the roster going into Season 93?  And is there one player that you're looking forward to being teammates with?

2. The VHLM awards also happened this past weekend, and while none of our players claimed any hardware, we did have at least one nominee from last season.  Obviously we want to win the Founder's Cup, but besides that trophy, is there any other that you would really like to win?

3. Okay, simple question, what is the most embarrassing song that you listen to regularly? And no cheating, let's have the truth!

4. What are your hopes and expectations for this VHLM season?  Do you have one goal in mind that you'd like to achieve either in the sims, forums, or discord?

5. Getting ready for the season, everyone is training hard...I hope!  Does your player have a weakness that you think needs some extra attention?

6. Do you think the Halifax 21st have what it takes to win the Founder's Cup in Season 93?

To claim TPE:

Go to the portal > Manage Player > Claim Capped > Type > Press Conference

P9EnSpl.png

Edited by LucyXpher

2 hours ago, LucyXpher said:

w4Xbeh8.png

1. The VHLM draft took place this past Saturday afternoon and Halifax drafted 10 players!  We also added Robin Sierra @ethanjaeda on waivers and traded for a goalie, Samuel Wazinski @samthemancub, in the offseason to compliment our 1 returning player John Season @dylanjj37.  What are your thoughts on the roster going into Season 93?  And is there one player that you're looking forward to being teammates with?

2. The VHLM awards also happened this past weekend, and while none of our players claimed any hardware, we did have at least one nominee from last season.  Obviously we want to win the Founder's Cup, but besides that trophy, is there any other that you would really like to win?

3. Okay, simple question, what is the most embarrassing song that you listen to regularly? And no cheating, let's have the truth!

4. What are your hopes and expectations for this VHLM season?  Do you have one goal in mind that you'd like to achieve either in the sims, forums, or discord?

5. Getting ready for the season, everyone is training hard...I hope!  Does your player have a weakness that you think needs some extra attention?

6. Do you think the Halifax 21st have what it takes to win the Founder's Cup in Season 93?

P9EnSpl.png

1. What are your thoughts on the roster going into Season 93?  And is there one player that you're looking forward to being teammates with?
  "...Probably Wazinski, Season, Simard, and Novotny off the top of my head." 

2. The VHLM awards also happened this past weekend, and while none of our players claimed any hardware, we did have at least one nominee from last season.  Obviously we want to win the Founder's Cup, but besides that trophy, is there any other that you would really like to win?
  "I'm just happy to play the game." 

"Anything by Glorb. I try to resist but I fear I can't." 

4. What are your hopes and expectations for this VHLM season?  Do you have one goal in mind that you'd like to achieve either in the sims, forums, or discord?
  "...Not end up a UFA. I'm sure my agent would agree with me." 

5. Getting ready for the season, everyone is training hard...I hope!  Does your player have a weakness that you think needs some extra attention?
   "I don't think a press conference is really the place to theorise where someone is failing because that doesn't do anything besides draw more attention to the issue and pressure them to do better." 

"We have the passion behind us, so I'm hopeful we've got what it takes to not only make it to playoffs but for one of my team members to hoist the cup this season." 

1. i cant wait to play with john season. he is so amazing. 100% should be captain.

2. no im not really bothered about winning awards

3.  i never listen to any embarrassing songs. you shouldnt be embarrassed about what you like listening to.

4. i want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

5. my player has no weaknesses. see above re: being the very best.

6. of course, we meet all the criteria to win

16 hours ago, LucyXpher said:

w4Xbeh8.png

To claim TPE:

P9EnSpl.png

1. I think our team has so much potential! I think we'll be a good team right out of the gate, but by playoff time we'll really be championship caliber. I'm looking forward to playing with our top pick Andrew Skilton, I think he has crazy potential.

2. I think the Ryan Sullivan Trophy would be cool, but the Founder's Cup is obviously the goal.

3. "Garbage Pale Kids" is one of the weirdest songs I've ever heard, and I'm not sure why I keep coming back to it lol

4. The Founder's Cup would be awesome, the LR would go crazy if we did win. I'd also like to be a good presence in the LR throughout the season.

5. I think my defence could use some work still, though it's not too bad.

6. Absolutely! I think we have a lot of passionate players with the potential to improve a ton over the course of this season.

22 hours ago, LucyXpher said:

w4Xbeh8.png

P9EnSpl.png

1. The VHLM draft took place this past Saturday afternoon and Halifax drafted 10 players!  We also added Robin Sierra @ethanjaeda on waivers and traded for a goalie, Samuel Wazinski @samthemancub, in the offseason to compliment our 1 returning player John Season @dylanjj37.  What are your thoughts on the roster going into Season 93?  And is there one player that you're looking forward to being teammates with?

"I think our roster is going to be one that is able to compete with every team night in and night out. With a balance of veterans and first-gen players, we have what it takes to grow and become a force to be reckoned with. Personally, I'm really looking forward to playing with our defence core John Season @dylanjj37 and Alexandr Novotny @Patrik Tallinder as well as anyone that might sign before the season starts."

2. The VHLM awards also happened this past weekend, and while none of our players claimed any hardware, we did have at least one nominee from last season.  Obviously we want to win the Founder's Cup, but besides that trophy, is there any other that you would really like to win?

"I don't see our team having any problem competing for any trophies this season. The 21st is so well-rounded, with top offensive and defensive players, as well as a fantastic goalie tandem, teams around the league should be worried about their trophy chances."

"Every once and awhile I like to throw on some Adele and really feel it haha. But honestly, I don't see any problem with liking what you like"

4. What are your hopes and expectations for this VHLM season?  Do you have one goal in mind that you'd like to achieve either in the sims, forums, or discord?

"Hopes first and foremost are to bring together this team and really grow together. We're here for a whole season, some of us maybe only for one, so I want to make the most of the time we have here. Take it game by game, train every week, and look to make the playoffs. Once we get there, the Founder's Cup is the ultimate goal."

5. Getting ready for the season, everyone is training hard...I hope!  Does your player have a weakness that you think needs some extra attention?

"I would love to put some more work into my passing and puck-handling skills. I want to help my team every night and don't want to be a liability to them, so being able to control the puck after winning those battles is a big focus this season."

"I don't think there's any reason we can't. We have a strong group to start the season and it should only get stronger. I know that goes for almost every other team, but this one feels special."

Excited to see the team also draft Maple "the Dog" Dogwood after we had a successful run together in Vancouver with the Wolves in the VHL so I am hoping that we can light up the league this year as line mates as we did with our previous players but I am also excited to see new members step up; John Seasons is very active in the locker room and Andrew Skilton taking on a leadership role but also interesting to see who unexpected leader of the group might be. 

I have learned a long time ago not to focus on awards as when I expected to win awards or at least nominated in the past; it hasn`t happened. When I expected to nothing to happen I was award with multiple awards. Focus on our own build, your team mates and let everything happen as it may happen. So while I want to be a top scorer in the league this season it doesn`t mean I am chasing any awards as those are simple bonuses to a job done well after you win the Founder`s Cup!!

What does the fox say? I guess since that seems to come on a lot but according to my kids most of the older music that I listen to is embarrassing to them since I sing them in the car driving them to school with the windows down.

Not really as I never really know what to expect from my player when I first create them so while I think I have a solid build with high ST, which should allow more possession off faceoff for my line, with lower than expected PH means he might struggle himself generating scoring chances but could mean a ton of assist due to digging the puck out for who ever becomes the sniper on the line. PMB will become more of a sniper but just not in the VHLM with the limited TPE.

Every player at this level has a strength and weaknesses and PMB is no different as his weakness is going to be puck possession and at the moment a limited offense; which should be improved by the end of the first week of the season but once locked in it will be scary to see if he has as much offensive upside as I think he might or if I added too much defense to his build at this early stage of his career.

Anything can happen but a strong foundation was put in place at the draft and during the off season by the GM & AGM so as long as we as player keep trying to improve we should be able to be competitive and at the end of the day that should be the main focus. Winning a cup is hard and thinking you are just going to win it means you are not thinking logically or simply not understanding the scope of the road that we have to take if we are going to win the cup. Do I think we can Win? Yes, But we will need everyone pulling in the same direction and a bit of luck along the way!!

On 3/17/2024 at 11:22 PM, LucyXpher said:

w4Xbeh8.png

No I'm excited to play with every player on the team I think we will be a really good team this season. 

I want to win all of the awards but that is not going to happen.

There isn't really an embarrassing song I listen to. 

My hope for this VHLM season is that we win the cup. That is the only goal of mine.

I think my player needs better passing and better offensive vision.

6. Do you think the Halifax 21st have what it takes to win the Founder's Cup in Season 93? I do think that we got what it takes to win it all this season.

To claim TPE:

P9EnSpl.png

1. this is my first year and coming in here the roster looks solid! and as for one player i look forward being teammates with? im just glad to be apart of this team and get to play with everyone.

2. the only award that matters to me is the founders cup

3. after a bad game i listen to shake it off by taylor swift. i wouldnt say its that embarrassing tho its a jammer

4. just to grind and get my player better every day to help this team

5. just gonna have to shoot more. you know what the great one said. you miss 100% of the shots you dont take

6. Of course! with the players on this team i think we have what it takes to go all the way.

On 3/17/2024 at 11:22 PM, LucyXpher said:

w4Xbeh8.png

To claim TPE:

P9EnSpl.png

1. I think we made some major moves this offseason and they'll position us really well for the upcoming season. 

2. I would love to take home an MVP trophy, but for me it's all about getting those championships!  Nothing like finishing the season on top

3. Does old school emo count?  Standard Lines by Dashboard Confessional is still a banger

4. My hopes are a title here with Halifax, but my expectations are just a really fun season with an interactive locker room

5. Probably my physical fitness. I've been hitting the donuts pretty regularly lately and the team doctor wasn't pleased when he put me on the treadmill.

6. YES!  We've got a deep roster, talented bench, and wonderful users and I truly think we can get it done. 

w4Xbeh8.png

Answer 3 Questions for 1 Capped TPE

Answer 6 Questions for 2 Capped TPE

For week ending on March 31, 2024

1. Currently, we are tied for first in the Eastern Conference. What has been the highlights for you so far?

2. Maple Dogwood @dogwoodmaple has been the driving force so far with 15 points in 12 games. What driven him to this hit start?

3. Who do you feel is going to be our biggest rivals this season?

4. What is your favorite non NHL team?

5. What was the crazier sport event this month; NHL Trade Deadline, NHL Offseason Free Agency, or March Madness?

6. Where do you eat to celebrate something good or special?

To claim TPE:

Go to the portal > Manage Player > Claim Capped > Type > Press Conference

P9EnSpl.png

1. i have enjoyed playing under our new gm lucyxpher

2. dogwood, our hero dogwood, dog-saver dogwood. lets talk about someone else for once!

3. everyone is our biggest rival. this is a competition

4. i refuse to answer this question. you should already have this in your notes!

5. i did not pay attention to any of these but i saw max verstappen didnt win a gp which is crazy

6. at home. i cant be bothered to celebrate anything.

1.  Biggest highlight was our team as a whole and the way we go out there and battle every night.

2. I feel his motivation for a great start is him seeing how great of a group we have and how we seem to all thrive for a common goal.. the Championship. We all work hard trying which gives him the room to flourish and stack the points

3. The Ottawa Lynx no doubt. 

4. My favorite non nhl team would have to be the Gatineau Olympiques. Closest local team and developed great players

5. This month, the NHL trade deadline was the main event. Love how teams are building for the playoffs. 

6. To celebrate, sushi is my go to so I head to my local sushi place 

1. Currently, we are tied for first in the Eastern Conference. What has been the highlights for you so far?

Playing better hockey than the first few games of the season and being closer to a goal per game as I expected when I was drafted by the team and playing with the dog again.

2. Maple Dogwood @dogwoodmaple has been the driving force so far with 15 points in 12 games. What driven him to this hit start?

His high OV allowing for better than most OV & PA but it is a team game so I would be looking more at who is assisting him and really driving the play from the back-end in Alexandr Novotny and his winger Aanarsi Reingaard.

3. Who do you feel is going to be our biggest rivals this season?

Early in the season it has been Ottawa and likely will continue through the season.

4. What is your favorite non NHL team?

Toronto Blue Jays in I am thinking baseball, Football I lean towards Seattle Seahawks and Vancouver Lions.

5. What was the crazier sport event this month; NHL Trade Deadline, NHL Offseason Free Agency, or March Madness?

March Madness as I don`t follow basketball at all and I tend to watch some of the highlights even from Japan but you also missed the High School Spring invitational here in Japan as that is crazy one game tournament with close to a hundred high school baseball teams from all over Japan playing in the tournament.

6. Where do you eat to celebrate something good or special?

Boring answer since we don`t really have restaurants like in the Americas to really celebrate like that; guess in the cities we do but not locally so we celebrate at home with Sushi or Pizza.