Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

5 hours ago, Will3 said:

w4Xbeh8.png

Answer 3 Questions for 1 Capped TPE

Answer 6 Questions for 2 Capped TPE

For week ending on March 31, 2024

P9EnSpl.png

1. Currently, we are tied for first in the Eastern Conference. What has been the highlights for you so far?

"My highlights so far have been being a part of a team that can compete right off the bat. We are a very well-rounded team that's been able to shut down opponent's offence while generating some ourselves."

2. Maple Dogwood @dogwoodmaple has been the driving force so far with 15 points in 12 games. What driven him to this hit start?

"Dogwood is a skilled offensive player who could put up those points no matter who's around him. Luckily, we have players like Pierre-Marc Bouchard and Alexandr Novotny who are able to feed him the puck and make a big shot when he gets it to them."

3. Who do you feel is going to be our biggest rivals this season?

"Early on I would have to agree that Ottawa will be our biggest rival. They have a great team who we've played a few times already and it's been a battle. We have to remember about that strong western conference though, they have plenty of talent that we'll have to take on come playoff time."

4. What is your favorite non NHL team?

"I'd have to say the Toronto Blue Jays. While I don't watch many of their games, I try to keep up with how they're doing."

5. What was the crazier sport event this month; NHL Trade Deadline, NHL Offseason Free Agency, or March Madness?

"Honestly, I don't pay attention to any of those really. I check what the Leafs are doing at the deadline but I'm not that invested. I have seen that there are no more March Madness brackets that are perfect already, which is pretty crazy."

6. Where do you eat to celebrate something good or special?

"I don't go anywhere in particular. A nice dinner out somewhere, being able to spend it with whoever else is celebrating, is really the perfect way to celebrate in my opinion."

1. Watching myself get better with every game I play..

2. When u have great players around you...you wanna play your best...

3. I believe it would have to be Ottawa.

4. The Buffalo Bills (nfl)... and (mlb) Bluejays and the Mets.

5. Not a basketball fan so I would say it's a tie between nhl free agency and the off-season.

6. I'm a home body so I like to stay in comfort of my own home.

On 3/25/2024 at 2:59 PM, Will3 said:

w4Xbeh8.png

1. Currently, we are tied for first in the Eastern Conference. What has been the highlights for you so far?

2. Maple Dogwood @dogwoodmaple has been the driving force so far with 15 points in 12 games. What driven him to this hit start?

5. What was the crazier sport event this month; NHL Trade Deadline, NHL Offseason Free Agency, or March Madness?

To claim TPE:

Go to the portal > Manage Player > Claim Capped > Type > Press Conference

P9EnSpl.png

1. The winning streak we had for a bit was fun! So far I've enjoyed the LR experience more than anything else.

2. He's just a phenomenal player with a ton of potential. When he gets chances, he rarely whiffs on them.

3. I'm gonna say Ottawa, I think they have a strong team.

4. Does Team Canada count? Lol

5. For me, it was the trade deadline. I'm a canes fan and they went all in to acquire Jake Guentzel and Evgeny Kuznetsov.

6. Either Boston Pizza or a sushi restaurant.

On 3/25/2024 at 12:59 PM, Will3 said:

w4Xbeh8.png

To claim TPE:

P9EnSpl.png

"There's a lot, actually. This being my inaugural season in the VHLM has been special, I've been enjoying that part, but I've enjoyed being apart of this team. I've really enjoyed finding my footing while everyone else is at the start of the season. That's probably been the highlight for me." 

"His talent, his love for the game, I'm not sure. I'm not him, so your guess is as good as mine." 

"Ottawa, probably. We don't have to worry about Miami, so I'd say Ottawa."  

4. What is your favourite non NHL team?
  "Coachella Valley Firebirds." 

"NHL Trade Deadline, I'd say." 

"There's this little restaurant called 'Broth House' in Halifax that's really good. I have to get the team out there one day." 

1. The only highlight is the Ws we keep collecting 

2. Hard working player and always being consistent for us every night

3. every team that faces us on the other side of the red line will be played against like they are our biggest rivals.

4. this team.

5. not sure. to busy taping my sticks

6. i wanna say olive garden but im boring so my dinning room table is where i eat. 

On 3/25/2024 at 1:59 PM, Will3 said:

w4Xbeh8.png

To claim TPE:

P9EnSpl.png

1. Honestly for me, the main highlight has been the off-ice stuff!  Great locker room and I'm pumped that things are going well for us.

2. Good luck, great teammates, and a fantastic gameplan from our coaches!

3. The rest of the league!  It's trophy time or bust for Halifax.

4. The Georgia Bulldogs - proud alumnus and love all of our sports.

5. March Madness takes the cake.  How about NC State?  What a story

6. Honestly, I love a good home cooked meal!

w4Xbeh8.png

Answer 6 Questions for 2 Capped TPE

For week ending on April 7, 2024

1. So how did you celebrate the Easter holiday yesterday?

2. Today is indeed April's Fools Day. What is the greatest prank you fell for or pulled off?

3. What is your response to the recent embezzlement scandal?

4. Which Western Conference is more of a threat to us, Vegas Aces or Houston Bulls?

5. Is Pombo already a lock for S93 VHLM MVP or will someone else(most likely Maple Dogwood) win this award?

6. Alexandr Novotny @Patrik Tallinder has been racking up the assist. How important has his passing ability been to the team?

To claim TPE:

P9EnSpl.png

We had a party with all of the extended family on Saturday night which was... fun, I guess.  

2. Today is indeed April's Fools Day. What is the greatest prank you fell for or pulled off?

I think I'm pretty gullible because I take people at their word, which means I fall for a lot of pranks 😭  One of the worst was when I was fooled into thinking that I lost my job on April Fools Day one year.  That was not cool lol. 

Speaking of pranks, I guess it turns out this was all an April Fools prank.  Unfortunately, I don't think it's a great one...  The people who are familiar with the VHL community will realize this, probably, but I don't know that it's obvious to some of the newer people or those who just read the post and take it at face value because it comes from a reputable source.  I like a good joke, but I don't really think it's in good taste if it makes people who don't realize it reconsider their donations or question the league's integrity.  I didn't realize it at first, and I might not have if I hadn't seen @AJW's post.  I believe it was done in good humor, but I would hope it doesn't turn anyone off of trusting that their donations are being handled honestly if they don't realize the prank.  I think a good prank makes sure everyone who fell for it is let off the hook at some point.

4. Which Western Conference is more of a threat to us, Vegas Aces or Houston Bulls?

I actually think that in the long term, Houston may be the team that gives us the most trouble.  They've got a great goalie and I know that they're building up a solid roster in front of Benson.  Vegas isn't going to be an easy out though, so hopefully Simon is a Halifax fan 🤞

5. Is Pombo already a lock for S93 VHLM MVP or will someone else(most likely Maple Dogwood) win this award?

Pombo is definitely a strong early candidate.  I wouldn't be surprised to see @Benson be a candidate if he keeps playing well for Houston, and there are definitely a bunch of other players who could climb that list very quickly.  So far, though, Dogwood has been our MVP!

6. Alexandr Novotny @Patrik Tallinder has been racking up the assist. How important has his passing ability been to the team?

It's been huge that he's contributed so much from the defensive side.  We've got some great finishers on our team, but we also need people to get them the puck so his passing ability is huge for us!

1. So how did you celebrate the Easter holiday yesterday?

We celebrated on Saturday because that's the only time the family could get together and it was pleasant to be in good company

2. Today is indeed April's Fools Day. What is the greatest prank you fell for or pulled off?

I did a number of them when I was younger but in recent years, I have been using websites to do prank calls

3. What is your response to the recent embezzlement scandal?

At first I was thrown off but only later did I realize it was a prank

4. Which Western Conference is more of a threat to us, Vegas Aces or Houston Bulls?

It's tough to pick between the 2. They are great teams with different skill sets. We will have to wait and see but I am sure our team can battle against the best and come out victorious

5. Is Pombo already a lock for S93 VHLM MVP or will someone else(most likely Maple Dogwood) win this award?

I'd like to see our own Maple Dogwood win and he has the potential to do it. He certainly is our MVP

6. Alexandr Novotny @Patrik Tallinder has been racking up the assist. How important has his passing ability been to the team?

He has been true general at the blueline.  He's been a solid D and definitely has been helping us get the Ws

1. Celebrated it with family on sunday

2.  i dont really remember. and i think the last prank i pulled was along time ago. might have been with a stink bomb or somthing

3. i hope its some prank

4. dosnt matter we will do our best to beat them both when we face off

5. never know what will happen.

6. i mean assist lead to goals so yeah id say his passing ability has been pretty important

"Nothing, really. Listened to Madison Beer. That's it."

"I dyed Andrew Skillton's @ace_five_ laces with glow-in-the-dark ink but I don't know if he's noticed yet."

"Horrible people will be horrible people."

"...One is a paper card the other is a deadly animal." 

"I'm rooting for Dogwood, personally. Don't tell him I said that though."

6. Alexandr Novotny @Patrik Tallinder has been racking up the assist. How important has his passing ability been to the team?
  "It's been immensely helpful on the ice. It adds a dynamic aspect to our offence, which I really like." 

For me it was two days ago so we celebrated Easter by having a Easter Egg hunt outside and than going to the movies. It was the first time the kids have been to a theater and they seemed to enjoy it. So maybe start a new tradition for our family with Easter movies?

Sadly, I caused chaos in the VHL with my prank as I created a fake trade involving Moscow & Vancouver, which resulted in a complete resim for two days worth of games. But in the end it worked out for Vancouver since we won most of the game that we lost the day before. LOL!! Improving our record but it also back fired as I had collected data for the VSN articles I write and now I have more work to do since all the data changed.... ugh!!

Knew something was coming since I was one of the first to pull off a prank, which still is catching some out. It was a good April fools day joke and did catch some.

I am going off the board and will say Saskatoon wild but if you forced me to pick than Houston Bulls since they have a very strong goaltender and only need to find a few more pieces to put themselves over the top like a defender and a strong offensive forward.

MVP is great and all but I would rather win the team MVP award; the Founder`s Cup!!

6. Alexandr Novotny @Patrik Tallinder has been racking up the assist. How important has his passing ability been to the team?

A defender that can move the puck to the big strong sex forwards is always welcomed by this stud!! Pass me the puck and I will score making everyone look good!! (kiss kiss)

that's all folks profile GIF

1. Celebrated today... everyone in my house was sick over the weekend.

2. My ex girlfriend told me a few years ago that she was pregnant. 

3. I just didn't understand why someone would steal from the leagues..

4. I'm going with the Vegas aces..

5. I would like to see our own dogwood to win it he's playing at a high level.

6. If he's racking up in the assists...then his passing ability is on point...

4 minutes ago, Webberj said:

My ex girlfriend told me a few years ago that she was pregnant. 

Yeah, I didn`t like that when one of my Ex girlfriends did that to me!! I think it is a bit of a low ball April fools day joke as you just cannot really call it out; just in case she is telling the truth or shit will hit the fan!

Daisy Chaos GIF by Australian Survivor

On 4/1/2024 at 1:38 PM, Will3 said:

w4Xbeh8.png

P9EnSpl.png

"I celebrated with my family at my parent's house. Did an egg hunt with the kids and had a nice lunch"

"I have never really been a prank person myself. My daughter decided to take some "brown Es" to school today to prank her class."

"To be honest, it got me at first. I'm new and don't know a lot of the veterans on here so the joke kind of went over my head. I did decide to wait it out and see what it was about before reacting, luckily"

"I think both could be formidable, but so are we. We've had a bit of a tougher time holding onto our streaks early on so hopefully we can pull things together and show the league we're the threat."

"I don't think anyone is a lock for MVP. We aren't even halfway through the season yet so it's too early to tell. Obviously, I hope someone on our team can win the award, but I think we all understand that isn't the end goal."

"Alex is a huge part of the team both on and off the ice. Being a defensive force and still being able to distribute the puck as he has, has been an amazing asset to the team and a huge reason why we're in the position we are right now."

On 4/1/2024 at 2:38 PM, Will3 said:

w4Xbeh8.png

To claim TPE:

P9EnSpl.png

1. I didn't do much on Easter, but I had a dinner and watched a hockey game with family on Saturday.

2. To be honest, I'm not sure lol I haven't really witnessed many April Fools Day pranks.

3. I believed it at first, glad it wasn't true haha

4. I'll say the Aces, it seems like they have our number.

5. I'm rooting for Dogwood, I think he can take it with a swing of momentum.

6. Hmmm idk, I personally think he kinda stinks.

PS: I appreciate all the nice words from everyone who answered :)

w4Xbeh8.png

For week ending on April 14, 2024

1. We have rode a six game win streak to a position one point behind Ottawa.  What will it take to finally surpass our rivals for the conference lead?

2. Our offense is the best overall unit in the VHLM. Who is the most under rated player in that regard?

3. If you could rebrand and team you wanted, what team would you rebrand and why?

4. What player should we buy for the playoff push?

5. Did you watch any of the eclipse today or wereyouindifferent to it?

6. What is one locker room tradition your player have kept with since their earliest days?

To claim TPE:

Go to the portal > Manage Player > Claim Capped > Type > Press Conference

P9EnSpl.png

1. We have rode a six game win streak to a position one point behind Ottawa. What will it take to finally surpass our rivals for the conference lead? 

We need to keep working hard

2. Our offense is the best overall unit in the VHLM. Who is the most under rated player in that regard?

Alexandr Novotny @Patrik Tallinder He's definitely being a blueline general. Racking up points at nearly 1point/game as a Defenseman while being solid in our zone, truly is under rated.

3. If you could rebrand and team you wanted, what team would you rebrand and why? I have too many ideas when it comes to rebranding teams.

4. What player should we buy for the playoff push?

I think our team would benefit from another Center since we recently released one. It would all depend on who is available! 

5. Did you watch any of the eclipse today or wereyouindifferent to it?

I did watch it

6. What is one locker room tradition your player have kept with since their earliest days?

Posting random music

30 minutes ago, Will3 said:

w4Xbeh8.png

1. We have rode a six game win streak to a position one point behind Ottawa.  What will it take to finally surpass our rivals for the conference lead?

2. Our offense is the best overall unit in the VHLM. Who is the most under rated player in that regard?

3. If you could rebrand and team you wanted, what team would you rebrand and why?

5. Did you watch any of the eclipse today or were you indifferent to it?

6. What is one locker room tradition your player have kept with since their earliest days?

To claim TPE:

P9EnSpl.png

1. "I think we have to just keep at it, y'know. We have a good core, and good players, and the drive, and soon enough I think the one point lead will be a distant memory." 
2. "Good question, actually. Maybe Tommy Shelby? I'm not sure." 
3. "Probably the Aces to either Hartford or Quebec City. I just hate Las Vegas." 
4. "Knee pads?" 
5. "I mean like, Halifax wasn't in the Line of Totality, so it was just kind of boring. I got the glasses and everything, went outside for three minutes, saw a wasp, and went back inside." 
6. "I've always cut my stick tape with my skate to make sure its sharp enough. I don't even remember how it started, honestly." 

1. We just have to keep grinding everynight and keep collecting the Ws

2.  im not sure. id say its our gm setting out the best lines every night to keep us the most competitive.

3. im not sure. never thought about it

4. i believe in the team to pick the right player to help us 

5. no i didnt.

6. stick handling my giant tape ball

More wins than Ottawa so that might need to come when we play head-to-head, if we do again this season. If not we will pass them when we win the Cup!!

Under-rated, hmm!! I am not sure since it takes a team effort to score, prevent goals and win games!! Tommy Shelby @Will if I had to give a nod to anyone!!

I was looking at this last night and I am not 100% sure I would want to rebrand any team. Closest I came last night was London United only due to location compared to other teams in the European Conference. D.C. Dragons maybe should use Washington Dragons, but doesn`t have the same ring so maybe I thought moving them to Columbus and call them the River Dragons. Ugh, Yup sounds like a good idea since that is already a team. idiot!!

You mean trade for? As I didn`t know the VHLM was into Slavery and I know Halifax is clearly not into that as one of the cities at the end of the underground railway!! Who should we trade for? I really don`t know but if we can upgrade a position or two than that will make sense!!

Didn`t even know and was it even viewable from everywhere in the world? Nope only an NA thing and I am in Japan, plus raining etc..... 

Never step on the team logo in the middle of the floor and nothing on the floor.

13 hours ago, Will3 said:

w4Xbeh8.png

To claim TPE:

P9EnSpl.png

1. I think it'll just take consistency and staying focused. We have the team to do it, just need to put our abilities into practice.

2. I think Reingaard is having a really great season, so I think a little more league-wide appreciation is in order. 

3. I would love to see a team in Bern, Switzerland in the VHLE. Might replace Vasteras since Sweden has two teams.

4. Maybe a backup goalie, but I think Webber is doing phenomenal in the net so I don't think it's a pressing issue.

5. I had to do a midterm, so I didn't get to see it. I could see the sky get dark from the windows though

6. Always drinking a gatorade before the game so it kicks in by the time it starts.

1. We have rode a six game win streak to a position one point behind Ottawa.  What will it take to finally surpass our rivals for the conference lead?

"We just have to be consistent. You don't have to win every game of the season to be the champions. Ottawa may be ahead of us in the standings right now but the ultimate goal is the one at the end of the playoffs."

2. Our offence is the best overall unit in the VHLM. Who is the most underrated player in that regard?

"Everyone plays a part in the offence on our team. It's important for everyone to get involved on every play, whether that be scoring, passing, hits, takeaways, or defence. If we're able to execute all of the aspects of the game consistently, we will continue to be the best offence. Across the board, I'd have to say Dustin Moore @Maxx is able to be consistent on both sides of the puck but isn't one of the more talked about players on the team so he is able to slip under most team's radar."

3. If you could rebrand and team you wanted, what team would you rebrand and why?

"I would want a rebrand of the new PWHL teams. Give them some team names and branding so they can be more recognizable."

4. What player should we buy for the playoff push?

"I would like to see us make a splash at the trade deadline. Hopefully adding some good depth players to our already deep team would give us the push we need to win the Cup."

5. Did you watch any of the eclipse today or were you indifferent to it?

"Unfortunately I was driving for work at the time so I wasn't able to watch it. I did get a little FOMO seeing everyone outside with their glasses but it was still pretty interesting when it got dark because it felt like a different kind of darkness than what we're used to."

6. What is one locker room tradition your player have kept with since their earliest days?

"Always putting my equipment on in the same order. I try not to be too superstitious but that became a habit that's been hard to break."

On 4/8/2024 at 8:57 PM, Will3 said:

w4Xbeh8.png

To claim TPE:

P9EnSpl.png

1. We just gotta keep grinding. They're playing incredible hockey right now.

2. MAPLE DOGWOOD!  Why not?

3. I'd rebrand any team to an Atlanta franchise and name them the Peaches

4. I think we could use one more defensive stick on the bench

5. I did!  It was pretty cool, I think we were around 88% of totality

6. Waffle House meal before every game