Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2024 at 5:27 PM, ace_five_ said:

mplPTh9.png

1. don't really keep up with curses or alternative realities, because the more you talk about them, the more they manifest.

if it's true and most teams lose, gulp. my season has been one game at a time, and i've got other things that need my attention *nail clipper noises* gulp (water this time) 🧊 💅.

2. happy we faced off against philadelphia, even if they didn't get as many new faces, they earned it and had a better team all season 📊.

if anything, i'd rather see ottawa win, but they can't or i lose 😂.

3. couldn't be happier, i've been chillen like a bug in a rug lately.

my activity is still here though! there's just an overload of it lately to keep up with; it definitely makes the forum feel more alive, and time's passing faster than the concession person 🧌🌭

4. oh damn, hitting me with a question that needs an answer from the depths of my dome, give me a minute to look over the list of names 🤪.

since there's so many options and i'm sure a question like this will pop up again, i'm going to pick players in my draft class.

ahsoka tano for being different/tough, david pastanap for having a somewhat similar name as me, and inker belle for being so damn cute ☺.

5. not really, everything i own now was passed down by my sister and she's a plain jane.

maybe eventually, when my resume builds up, I can be a little more flashy, just not sure how much pink my teammates can handle, and it's probably better to have fewer distractions right now 🩷😋.

6. i don't think so 🤣. even when i was in my prime, flying around post to post like a seagull during a festival, he'd still have my number.

one of, if not my favourite puckhandlers/skaters ever, used to grind the blackhawks in the old ea games 🎮 

Edited by diacope

On 7/2/2024 at 4:27 PM, ace_five_ said:

mplPTh9.png

(ignore. how this is a week late i just really like these questions😭)

1. "God, I hope not." 
2. "Good, good. I think that if we just keep the pace we've been on, we're pretty much golden." 
3.  "I mean, I'm happy with how I performed, I think my agent is too, I hope." 
4. "Probably...Lachlan Summers--which, okay--listen--It's just...I like the name Lachlan, and...Summers is a cool last name. And what Zach Michel wrote in that article is incorrect he's not my celebrity crush. He's not even a celebrity, technically! Whatever. It made me sad when he announced his retirement, but...that's hockey, I guess." 
5. "...Eh, not many. I've always gone with waxed laces, because if you don't you're just...weird. My laces have been pink for a while, too, but other than that I don't think anything super special. I don't know if Andrew Skilton still has the dyed laces I pranked him with. I hope he does, anyway. I kind of miss him a lot, so I'll be happy when we can play on the same team again." 
6. "Jesus Christ, no. Absolutely not. I'd look like I just fell down the stairs." 

Spoiler

@kirbithan @ace_five_your players (or former) are mentioned so I thought you might want an @ 😭

Late week, on the go press conference!

1. We’re finals bound! How are you feeling about our chances against the Saskatoon Wild?

2. Fantasy tasks has been wrapping up this week (Super Coach, VHFL). How do you feel about your performance if you participated, and what was your strategy?

3. Which of the eliminated teams, in any league, are you most disappointed is out?

4. If we lift the Founder’s Cup, who do you think should be the first hand off from captain Dorji Khan?

5. Who is your playoff MVP to this point?

6. Question of the Week: Opposite of last week, how many goals do you think you could score in a penalty shot with Patrick Kane as the goalie in ten tries?

1. I like 12 - 1 run incoming for Halifax
2. very very very mid Forgot to do Coach and got 3 in vhfl so yeah really mid

3. Malmo its my first team that I ever was AGM for so got a bittersweet feeling about eliminate them but lets go RIGA.

4. Dustin Moore I think but tbh you guys have like 6 players who are playing phenomenal so any of those 6. 

5.  Castle 3 SO @animal74 I like Druss more tho but thats just me. 
6.10 what Kane as the goalie Im going to score with his move on him. 

1. We did good against them in the season, so I'm feeling good about it even if my gut feels like it'll be a tougher series.

2. I didn't have much of a strategy.  I was just trying my luck to get free TPE lol

3.I am not sure. All the teams I am rooting for are still having success in their respective leagues ( Bratislava and Toronto )

4.This is a tough call. We have so many deserving players on the team. To pick someone now is almost impossible.

5. Our MVP would have to be Dustin Moore @Maxx He's out there blocking shots and hitting everything that moves, on top of putting up the points.

6. I don't know. I want to say 10 because I never seen him as a goalie.. but he might make me look like a fool😅

On 7/12/2024 at 7:22 AM, ace_five_ said:

1. We’re finals bound! How are you feeling about our chances against the Saskatoon Wild?

2. Fantasy tasks has been wrapping up this week (Super Coach, VHFL). How do you feel about your performance if you participated, and what was your strategy?

3. Which of the eliminated teams, in any league, are you most disappointed is out?

4. If we lift the Founder’s Cup, who do you think should be the first hand off from captain Dorji Khan?

6. Question of the Week: Opposite of last week, how many goals do you think you could score in a penalty shot with Patrick Kane as the goalie in ten tries?

1. "...I...I don't want to talk shit because last time we did that we got swept...but I feel...good about our chances." 
  2. "I didn't participate...so...I'll say my strategy was to sleep during them." 
  3. "I'm not really sure, honestly. Maybe Malmo, my Agent is their new AGM, so, I digress." 
  4. "...Can it be given to Khan again? I'm not really sure, honestly." 
  5. "My fellow teammates." 
  6. "...Four." 

On 7/12/2024 at 6:22 AM, ace_five_ said:

1. We are currently down 3-1 in the finals but I like are chances of coming back.

2. I feel like I could have done better in both.

3. I haven’t payed any attention to the other leagues so idk.

4. Probably Ty Duke.

5. Robin Sierra.

6. 10 because Kane is to old to save a shot.

On 7/12/2024 at 8:22 AM, ace_five_ said:

1. I feel pretty good, but anything can happen in the playoffs.  We just need to stay focused.

2. I did not have any strategy per se, I tried to make educated guesses based on statistics and maybe threw in a couple of upset picks.

3. I have not paid much attention to the other leagues, but as long as we are still playing, I have not been disappointed.

4. Robin Sierra...  he played great in the regular season and has not slowed down.

5. Again, Robin Sierra has been a beast these playoffs, so I would not be surprised if it were him.

6. I think I could probably get no more than 5. Kane is no goalie, but he still has great hockey sense.

1. We’re finals bound! How are you feeling about our chances against the Saskatoon Wild?

May have already confessed my thought on this.. Shit happens. Still a little in shock I had the chance to play with Halifax again, was in the same scenario as my first player too.

If people hate me for my opinions so be it, I'm not allowed to have friends or people get jelly. 🤷‍♀️ 

2. Fantasy tasks has been wrapping up this week (Super Coach, VHFL). How do you feel about your performance if you participated, and what was your strategy

Wish I saw super coach when I first signed up but not upset because it's all an experience, that's what happens when you take a few years off. 😂 

My VHFL league, I thought, had a lot of promise but nope it was a stinker. I went home with 1 TPE.

I wanted to play San Diego in the finals, didn't really follow the other leagues to have a team during the season.

I can say that I wanted Bratislava to win in the E and am praying for Moscow to takedown Toronto. 🙏 🐶 

4. If we lift the Founder’s Cup, who do you think should be the first hand off from captain Dorji Khan

No way you put this out in the air for the hockey gods to toy with!

Since we already lost and the voodoo was real, I would have handed it to our coach, give the players a little rest. 😅

Good question. I'd give it to Khan but he technically played defense at one point during the playoffs so his points are skewed. Sierra brought the fire with a full game, Webber also did rising to the occasion every game until he finally couldn't breathe. To be different, give it to Boris The Bone & Back Breaker, nobody came close to his defensive efforts and if we all did maybe the goaltender wouldn't have needed so many stretches and pad tightening. :hfx:

I think we all were fighting to be the flashiest. 🙃 

Definitley a couple, but I'll say 5, Depending on how hard he was trying. 🏒 

My player is built similar to his so maybe this could be a good competition between all star danglers and fans alike, sounds like a level playing ground to me 😎 

1.  Both of your teams were great. Could have went either way.  

2.  I spent most of last season improving face-offs which was rough.  Planning on upping my DC and PC on Ninefingers and maybe a little OV.  Want him to be defensively sound ....and HIT

3. I'd say Robin Sierra.  Ton of points and a +67 is insane

4. I am participating in Pro Am and World Cup (I think).  I find them to be ok but if it goes too long it gets boring to me.  I get the managers need a break but sometime off-season is cringe.

5. I like what the Oilers have done but they need to address the defense a bit I think.  And my other team the Kraken added a few things but nothing that gets them competitive 

6. Well...  I wasn't in LR but I believe it's probably LR activity and being helpful to First Gens which is key for keeping players long term.  Congrats to Ace

9 minutes ago, LucyXpher said:

T9v9QTe.png
Oh No Facepalm GIF

1. A positive takeaway? How my player stepped up a notch from last season and even after having a hard time late in the season point wise, I'm happy about how he performed in the playoffs regardless of our tough loss

2. I'm hoping for at least a 50 point season with 20+goals in a new tougher league.

3. I'd give our MVP to our GM @LucyXpher. She has put a great effort into our team and building it to be a strong playoff team. She deserves a lot of credit for our success. 

4. I am participating in the ProAM ( pending being drafted ). Besides that I do find the off-season pretty boring. I'm excited for the season to start already

5. Happy with the draft ( Demidov and Hage) and Slafkovsky signing.  Dissapointed with off-season moves. We didn't really improve short-term like for next year even if our GM had promised big moves. 

6. He listens and always tries to help. I found him pretty creative with the press conferences too. Nice to see him graduate from AGM to GM. I think it's well deserved. 

1 hour ago, Scurvy said:

5. I like what the Oilers have done but they need to address the defense a bit I think.  And my other team the Kraken added a few things but nothing that gets them competitive 

The Oilers will definitely be an interesting one to watch-- that Matt Savoie trade definitely got me intrigued, but yeah, the defense might be lacking still...  I'm also a huge fan of some of the Kraken's moves this summer, though admittedly not necessarily their free agent signings.

56 minutes ago, LucyXpher said:

sleepy cat GIF

Another sleepy offseason week and another press conference to keep earning TPE!

ZNY9BnK.png

1. Taking somewhat of a small break while still trying to be somewhat active. Joined the ProAM to try and give me something to follow. I hate off seasons lol

2. My player would be back on the family farm in Mongolia working hard to stay in shape. Personally I love golf but I don't think a Mongol would choose golf as a go to pass time sport. Might be more like practicing wrestling with people from the village. As for Netflix, I just started Cobra Kai's new season. 

3. I think Robin Sierra @ethanjaeda and Jon Webber III @Webberj would have the best chance at winning an award! And it would be well deserved too!

4. I rarely watch the Summer Olympics. I do like the 100m Race and relay races, long jump and high jump. If I happen to catch them I'll watch but I much rather winter Olympics.

5.Just excited to see how I will do in a new team and how my player will perform. Also excited to see what will go on with Halifax. I will be following their season and cheering them on.

6.That's a tough one. Only 3? I would pick Boris Bone-breaker @RileyL, Jon Webber III @Webberj, both being good teammates to help build shelter or gather food and he's not a teammate but Dylan @dylanjj37 for entertainment purposes 

2 hours ago, Oddpurplefly said:

6.That's a tough one. Only 3? I would pick Boris Bone-breaker @RileyL, Jon Webber III @Webberj, both being good teammates to help build shelter or gather food and he's not a teammate but Dylan @dylanjj37 for entertainment purposes 

lol Dylan, and hey, worst case scenario you can eat president frog's legs to survive!

Also, I didn't know there was a new season of Cobra Kai 👀

On 7/27/2024 at 8:05 PM, LucyXpher said:

sleepy cat GIF

Another sleepy offseason week and another press conference to keep earning TPE!

ZNY9BnK.png

1. I took a break and went on vacation but forgot to claim last week.

2. Boris is scouting potential targets.

3. I would like to see everyone but realistically  John Webber III, Robin Sierra, or Dorji Khan.

4. Probably not but if I did it would be Basketball.

5. One step closer to the VHL.

6. Dorji Khan, John Webber III, and Ty Duke (honorable mention Robin Sierra). Why, Idk because we are all physical specimens that I think could work well together in the wild. 

• 3 weeks later...

WN4TXSj.png

If you have any questions on how to claim your press conference TPE, please let me know and I'll be happy to walk you through it!

cat fail GIF

3 hours ago, LucyXpher said:

1: Best case scenario, we get more goals and we go up on the standings. Be more of a threat to other teams. Worse case? Improve. Sure we lost, but season doesn't end with one game. We got plenty of games to go to comeback from a bad deficit.

2: 8 Goals of 21 points, I think am doing pretty well. I expect to be more of a playmaker to the team. If goals happen, they happen. That being said, I need to improve on my shots. I feel like am inaccurate. Too much stat padding for the goalie.

3: Shot in the dark! Michael Schmicael or Kokko. Our top point runners.

4: Yes I do! I'm still new to it since I've been following it for a couple of years. Apart from playing the NHL games on Playstation to Xbox, I didn't know too much about the NHL, AHL, College, OHL, etc. Rules, how the draft works, stats. I started learning about it more and more through other YouTubers such as, Hockey Psychology & Twister. Anyway, I'm very skeptical how the Caps will perform this year. Chicago, Ducks & Sharks as well! I excited how this season will turn out!

5: Can it be ours?? I'm a sucker for the blue and white. lol

6: I don't really... Deadpanda. Keeping his team alive under 2 goals per game.

3 hours ago, LucyXpher said:

WN4TXSj.png

If you have any questions on how to claim your press conference TPE, please let me know and I'll be happy to walk you through it!

cat fail GIF

5 hours ago, LucyXpher said:

WN4TXSj.png

cat fail GIF

1. I see the team climbing with a true team effort. 

2. My player is doing okay. I was inserted as a the first C of the team and getting plenty of playing time on PP and PK but I was hoping for better numbers and that's out of my control. Just got to keep working hard

3. @FreshOceanCod Ocean Codoller just tearing up the league

4. Excited to start especially after acquiring Laine and a 2nd round for Harris ( 7th D) Pure genius trade from Kent Hughes

5. Houston has a pretty badass logo but I have a soft spot for Halifax

6. @LucyXpher Lucy Leitner being an assist machine this season 

1: Great goaltending! Good focus on defense from my teammates.

2: hmmm, *sigh* don't know. I would say shoot more and watch where it'll stick. Something's gotta work lol.

3: I'm the last person to be asking that. My NHL franchise career can attest that lol.

4: I'm hoping us! We're 3 games down from 1st on our conference. I understand Vegas is ahead in total win league wide. I hoping we can pass them soon, after we get to 1st in conference.

5: I'm gonna keep this short and sweet. It's been amazing, honestly! Strange, but great teammates.

6: Shots Against. I'm just throwing a shot in the dark. Just guessing it'll improve they're puck tracking.

41 minutes ago, LucyXpher said:

NAjpYz0.png

No one-word answers! 😛

1. I think it's the team as a whole. Everyone is sticking together and working hard to keep a tight defense. 

2. I was always a strong believer of defense first and once that is dialed in ( and it looks like it is ) the offense will start to flourish.  Only other thing would be different lines but that may compromise the strong defense

3. If Halifax can put their hands on an offensive threat without giving too much, it might help out. But if not they should stay neutral in my honest opinion.

4. LV Aces looks like a strong competitor but if I've learned anything in the past few seasons.. they won't win the championship. Most likely someone lower in the standings... an underdog.... maybe Halifax's first championship? 🤞

5. My rookie experience was great. I was lucky to have people help me quickly find my way. After joining the Reapers late in the season and not really part of the locker room experience, I was wondering if I shouldof even kept going. Then the draft came up and Halifax's staff changed it all for me. Big shoutout to the GM @LucyXpher and Former/future teammate@ace_five_. Without them there would be no Mongolian Stallion 

6. I wouldn't even say stats. I would say athleticism, instincts and capacity to learn techniques properly. Stats are too dependent on the team infront of you