Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

5 minutes ago, Oddpurplefly said:

5. My rookie experience was great. I was lucky to have people help me quickly find my way. After joining the Reapers late in the season and not really part of the locker room experience, I was wondering if I shouldof even kept going. Then the draft came up and Halifax's staff changed it all for me. Big shoutout to the GM @LucyXpher and Former/future teammate@ace_five_. Without them there would be no Mongolian Stallion 

I’m proud to have helped unleash the Mongolian Stallion! You’re a beast now

undefined-Imgur.thumb.png.319b352f944922b5172649a4a0f1fbb0.png

Halifax 21st

Press conference

(Answer 3 questions for 1TPE or 6 for 2TPE)

1.Trade deadline is almost here (Sept.2 at 3pm EDT) and we decided to bet on the future. What do you think of the recent trades we did?

2.What team do you think has the best chance of winning the Founder's cup?

3.With the season being past the halfway point, are you happy with how your player is doing so far?

4. What do you feel your player needs to improve?

5.Which teammate has impressed you the most this season?

6.We are now in September and NHL training camps are about to start. What do you look forward the most for this upcoming season?

Edited by Oddpurplefly

3 hours ago, Oddpurplefly said:

1: The trades? They been a coin flip. Trading for draft picks are nice! I don't know what we're cooking. But I do like surprises!

2: It's Vegas. No doubt about it.

3: Zero complaints! Being named Captain in my first year. Exciting!

4: Scoring, honestly. I can pass, sharing the puck around. When it comes to crunch time, gotta get the net.

5: Sigh... damn it. I can't choose one! Lol. Kokko and Michael have been a grand of a help with scoring! Sammy with net protection too. Everyone has been fabulous!

6: I have been eyeing on the Ducks lately. Very young team! I don't expect too much from this team, but I would love to see them blossom being playoff ready. Caps?... I'll be surprised if Dubois shares the puck with Ovechkin lol. All seriousness. I'm unfortunately expecting middling with this team. Not ready for the playoffs, at all.

Halifax 21st

Press conference

1.Trade deadline is almost here (Sept.2 at 3pm EDT) and we decided to bet on the future. What do you think of the recent trades we did?

3.With the season being past the halfway point, are you happy with how your player is doing so far?

6.We are now in September and NHL training camps are about to start. What do you look forward the most for this upcoming season?

40 minutes ago, SlyDigi said:

Caps?... I'll be surprised if Dubois shares the puck with Ovechkin lol. All seriousness. I'm unfortunately expecting middling with this team. Not ready for the playoffs, at all.

I think Dubois and Ovechkin together might be something that will work. Both bigger players able to force plays with their sizes especially if Wilson plays with them who can do the same , it could be a tough line to play against. Curious to see if Ovy will finally beat Gretzky in all time goals too. Definitely hoping so

On 9/2/2024 at 11:40 AM, Oddpurplefly said:

Halifax 21st

Press conference

Answers (1-5 are “Ricky” from Trailer Park Boys answering them sooo it’s just nonsense but you’ve been warned😂)

1. I just got here- so I’m not sure about any of that but we’re looking really good for the next little whiles here.

2. Flounders Cup? What’s that like the Olympians kicks.. olympigs d***s..whatever  thing for fishermens? (Ricky gets told it’s actually Founder’s Cup and what it is..) Well how am I suppose to know that? I just told you I just got here now frig off- next question to uhhh you over there in the middle.

3. Well I just got out of jail and we kicked those jail-dummy prison guards asses in the hockey tournament. Fffuu-.. sorry it’s hard for me boys to not swear and not have a smoke in this sorta thing- Donny the fu-… the guy tried to have me and Julian kicked outta jail jus cuz he couldn’t score on me. Anyways long story simple- we f****** won so suck it Donny!

4. Me and Bubs have been doing some serious learnting and uhh gettin our bodies in good- like working order I guess? Idk- next question.

5. Some of these guys are really good! Much better than some of the d***s we have at the trailer park- or a specifical someonebody named Randy f****** Bobandy who thinks he’s so good that he could come play over here in the VHL before me and Bubbles. Bubs is like the next great one and you guys are gunna be friggin excited as f*** to see him play!

6. (Breaking kayfabe now 😂) I’m looking forward to it! Excited for hockey season, it’s always been my favourite time of the year!

23 minutes ago, DarkSpyro said:

Answers (1-5 are “Ricky” from Trailer Park Boys answering them sooo it’s just nonsense but you’ve been warned😂)

1. I just got here- so I’m not sure about any of that but we’re looking really good for the next little whiles here.

2. Flounders Cup? What’s that like the Olympians kicks.. olympigs d***s..whatever  thing for fishermens? (Ricky gets told it’s actually Founder’s Cup and what it is..) Well how am I suppose to know that? I just told you I just got here now frig off- next question to uhhh you over there in the middle.

3. Well I just got out of jail and we kicked those jail-dummy prison guards asses in the hockey tournament. Fffuu-.. sorry it’s hard for me boys to not swear and not have a smoke in this sorta thing- Donny the fu-… the guy tried to have me and Julian kicked outta jail jus cuz he couldn’t score on me. Anyways long story simple- we f****** won so suck it Donny!

4. Me and Bubs have been doing some serious learnting and uhh gettin our bodies in good- like working order I guess? Idk- next question.

5. Some of these guys are really good! Much better than some of the d***s we have at the trailer park- or a specifical someonebody named Randy f****** Bobandy who thinks he’s so good that he could come play over here in the VHL before me and Bubbles. Bubs is like the next great one and you guys are gunna be friggin excited as f*** to see him play!

6. (Breaking kayfabe now 😂) I’m looking forward to it! Excited for hockey season, it’s always been my favourite time of the year!

Doesn't take rocket appliances to understand this. Gotta learn stuff through denial and error

On 9/2/2024 at 11:40 AM, Oddpurplefly said:

Halifax 21st

Press conference

1. The recent trades were brilliant as Bubbles and Ricky just came to shoot some puck around for fun this season before getting drafted. The hometown Nova Scotian boys drove down from the trailer park the other day.

2. I haven’t followed the VHLM this season much besides checking in on Houston, but looks like Vegas is the team to beat.

3. Bubbles is pumped to play hockey for Halifax, only more to come from him.

4. Bubbles needs to stay in the practice facility each week in order to improve, he’s a little rusty to start off.

5. Ricky is Bubbles’ best bud so of course Ricky.

6. I’m excited to watch McDavid do his lap around the earth again he’s always fun to watch and still seems hungry for a cup in Edmonton. Wonder if he plans on chasing Gretzky records if that’s even possible.

I suppose waivers claim are the way every VHLM team shall go! Trunov seems promising and goalie tandem problem is now in the past since we've acquired @DarkSpyro Ricky LaFleur.

I'd go for Mexico City even though they are desperately in need of depth players. It would be a great story if they lift the cup.

I recreated at the deadline and so far Trunov hasn't succeeded a lot. However, thats just a start of his long long long path and I hope everything is getting better.

4. What do you feel your player needs to improve?

Basically — everything. I'd choose style control and sizing as my next things to be upgraded.

That is nice question. Let it be Steven Nichols. He's the power and the engine that carries our team. 

I can't wait to see Michkov play his debut games. I saw his plays live and that is something most players don't have , unbelievable player to watch.

17 minutes ago, qripll said:

I can't wait to see Michkov play his debut games. I saw his plays live and that is something most players don't have , unbelievable player to watch.

Same!  Michkov will be super fun to watch I think, and I think it’ll be a great rookie class around the league in general so the Calder race will be exciting!

Halifax 21st

Press conference

1. With the season dwindling down to just a few games, How do you feel about our chances at making the playoffs?

2. We recently acquired a few players from waivers as reinforcement in case we do make the playoffs. What are your thoughts?

3. What do you think our biggest strength is as a team?

4. If players could come out to their own intro songs, What song would you pick for yours?

5. Which NHL player do you feel will have a breakout season for your favorite team?

6. Fall is quickly approaching, What kind of fall activities do you enjoy doing?

2 hours ago, Oddpurplefly said:

Halifax 21st

Press conference

1. With the season dwindling down to just a few games, How do you feel about our chances at making the playoffs?

2. We recently acquired a few players from waivers as reinforcement in case we do make the playoffs. What are your thoughts?

4. If players could come out to their own intro songs, What song would you pick for yours?

5. Which NHL player do you feel will have a breakout season for your favorite team?

6. Fall is quickly approaching, What kind of fall activities do you enjoy doing?

1. I think we can be pretty confident about making the playoffs since we have a 13 point lead on our closest playoff competitor in Ottawa, and we have a game in hand.  I don't see Ottawa closing that gap over the next 7-8 games so I think we can be optimistic about our postseason chances!  And as we've seen in previous seasons, anything can happen once you get there 🤞

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

2. I'm super excited about our recent signings!  Bubbles and Ricky have brought some wild energy to the locker room, Neutron has been a solid player on our blueline so far after we traded Gunnarsson, and Trunov is a brick wall in the net (even if he doesn't have a winning record yet-- which is not his fault imo).  I think with our new additions, and possibly another one or two, we could be primed to make some noise in the post season!

sassy trailer park boys GIF

3. I think our biggest strength is that we'll be underestimated and have a potential to overdeliver.  All of our players still have room to grow and will improve over the next couple weeks and I don't think our record necessarily reflects the current quality of our roster.  I'm not saying we should over rate ourselves, but I just think we might be able to surprise teams that take us lightly.

Dark Horse Car GIF by HOSSDESIGNUSA

4. Well maybe it's recency bias, but I'm going to go with the new Linkin Park song "The Emptiness Machine".  Tbh, they're not a band I listened to a lot of growing up-- they had some songs I liked, but I just didn't always vibe with their sound.  This new song is hype though and I really love how Emily Armstrong sounds singing for them! My answer will probably change in a week, but right now I'm happy with it lol

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

5. Does Macklin Celebrini count?  What about Will Smith?  Tbh, I think Askarov is a season or two away from a breakout since the Sharks will probably still be bad this season overall and that won't look good for a goalie.  William Eklund, final answer.  Eklund had 45 points in 80 games last season, but being the oldest of their young core now, I think he could take a big jump this season with a bit more talent around him.  My guess is 75 points this season if he plays 80+games again.

Confused Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

6. Spending time outdoors is something I look forward to in the fall-- going for walks, longboarding, sitting outside at a coffee shop. Summer in Houston is usually too hot to want to be outside, so the fall is kinda perfect for those outdoor activities before it gets cold-ish (Canadians will laugh at the idea that it gets cold here, but it's not pleasant, even if it's barely freezing.  It's a humidity thing I think.)

Shaking In Bed GIF by NTE Grøntforsprang

Halifax 21st

Press conference

1. The team is sitting in 7th seed, a little more than 10 points ahead of Ottawa in 8th so I’d say our chances of clinching a playoff spot are pretty good.

2. I’ve been loving the start to my new player here in Halifax and it’s been a lot better being able to do it with @DarkSpyro too!

3. We have the heart of lion. Even though this team may not be the best points wise, we still believe we have a fighting chance each and every game.

4. The Boys Are Back In Town. Bubbles is from Nova Scotia so it makes sense in my head.

5. I’m a Jets Fan and I hope Cole Perfetti can become a stud for us. Was cool seeing Winnipeg with a 1st round pick in the top 10, I’ve been a fan for only 5+ years so hopefully he’s our next guy.

6. Wearing comfortable clothes like hoodies and sweats is a huge positive for fall season. I love football and celebrating Halloween too.

8 hours ago, Oddpurplefly said:

Halifax 21st

Press conference

Answers (1-3 are Ricky..and I swear this is gunna give me and probably the rest of you brain rot if I do too many presser answers as Ricky😂)

1. Well I suppose anything can happen tilden boys but I really like our chances here- I mean listen- we all know there’s lots of gooder teams in the league. But- I’m still pretty confilident in our team here guys! Our forwards Steven ‘n Mike ‘n Koko are out here passing the f****** puck around instead of trynto ball-hoggling it down the ice n stuff- and they make it look easy guys!!

trailer park boys bubbles GIF by hero0fwar

2. What’s that supposedta f****** mean? You just heard this suit-dummy over here ask me about our team making the played-offs already. Sorry I’m a little stressed out right now- they still won’t let me smoke n drink in here- like it’s f***** bullsh— ! What!? Ohhhh your question sorry bud! Well it’s really all that simple really.. me and Bubbles came here to kick some f****** a** and have a good time!! Next question and seriously- I’m sorry for all the swearin n stuff boys. These pretzeller concerts things are really cool andall but please- you gotta let me start smoking in these things..

swearing trailer park boys GIF

3. Oh that’s an easy 1- we got some really f****** awesome hockey players on this team but Y’know what? They aren’t selfish and they’re all tough as snails!! Whadyou mean it’s “tough as nails” and not snails? Of course it’s snails- dummy. You ever see a nail becoming stronger than a snail and walk around with a shell on its back? Yeah didn’t think so. Anyways- my point is before this d*** interuptilided me, is that our team is tough as f***!!!

trailer park boys weed GIF by hero0fwar

4. (Kayfabe break:) I’d love to get the crowds hopes up and play a few seconds of “Our Time is Now by Gojira” so they think Ash Sparks is stepping back into Halifax as an emergency goalie.😂 As for Ricky, I’m sure he’d go for something like “Rock You” by “Helix”
music video rock GIF by Epitaph Records

5. I’m realllllly biased but I think Max Domi could flip the switch and surprise many with an incredible season. He could potentially hit some numbers that people aren’t ready to see- especially if he plays with Austin Matthews and/or William Nylander on the top line. I’m only really assuming this mostly if John Tavares plays solid enough to keep contending as a reliable 2nd C this season, which could spell a Knies / Tavares / Marner lineup which also sounds fairly deadly 💀 

Toronto Maple Leafs Celebration GIF by NHL

6. All I read here was “hockey season is in less than 30 days, how excited are you?” and my initial reaction was:

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL
followed by some internal screaming like:

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

sooooo yeah! I’d say I’m pretty excited for hockey season~😆 

5 hours ago, DarkSpyro said:

2. What’s that supposedta f****** mean? You just heard this suit-dummy over here ask me about our team making the played-offs already. Sorry I’m a little stressed out right now- they still won’t let me smoke n drink in here- like it’s f***** bullsh— ! What!? Ohhhh your question sorry bud! Well it’s really all that simple really.. me and Bubbles came here to kick some f****** a** and have a good time!! Next question and seriously- I’m sorry for all the swearin n stuff boys. These pretzeller concerts things are really cool andall but please- you gotta let me start smoking in these things..

Okay fine, you can smoke at “pretzeller concerts” if you want, I’ll make sure no one gives you a hard time.  We wouldn’t want you getting too stressed out!  Oh, and if there’s something other than water in your water bottle, no one is gonna know, just keep it on the down low 🤫

4 hours ago, LucyXpher said:

Okay fine, you can smoke at “pretzeller concerts” if you want, I’ll make sure no one gives you a hard time.  We wouldn’t want you getting too stressed out!  Oh, and if there’s something other than water in your water bottle, no one is gonna know, just keep it on the down low 🤫

Ohhh I was wondering why Ricky kept leaving the net to play the puck!! I think he plays better intoxicated- dude has 2 assist in 3 games as a goalie!? Ricky’s wild!!😂 

On 9/9/2024 at 12:42 PM, Oddpurplefly said:

Halifax 21st

Press conference

1: I wanna remain optimistic say we'll make it. Clinging on hope 

2: remaining the same as question one. Clinging on hope. Defense is key for us to win at this point. Goal differential is in the still in the negatives, but it isn't that bad. We'll get out of it.

3: Definitely goaltending!

4: Vertigo by Alice Merton

5: The Capitals? Oh boy... Connor McMichael! With confidence.

6: Going to a concert during October! And hopefully seeing someone during November. :)

undefined-Imgur.thumb.png.8e9f0631d74c3e174149a45c4b7c5558.png

Halifax 21st

Press conference

1. We made it to the playoffs but currently down in the series against Philly 3-1. What do you think about our chances at winning this series?

2. What does your player do to get ready for big games like in the playoffs?

3. We acquired a few waiver claims in the past few weeks. Which one do you feel has the biggest impact on our team and why?

4. As you may of heard, the VHLE is coming to an end after the playoffs. What are your thoughts on the league's decision?

5. If the VHLM was to expand, what defunct teams would you bring back or what new franchise would you like to see come to life?

6. Do you think the league should add an event like an All star game during the season similar to what the NHL does?

Edited by Oddpurplefly

6 hours ago, Oddpurplefly said:

Halifax 21st

Press conference

1. We made it to the playoffs but currently down in the series against Philly 3-1. What do you think about our chances at winning this series?

3. We acquired a few waiver claims in the past few weeks. Which one do you feel has the biggest impact on our team and why?

4. As you may of heard, the VHLE is coming to an end after the playoffs. What are your thoughts on the league's decision?

5. If the VHLM was to expand, what defunct teams would you bring back or what new franchise would you like to see come to life?

6. Do you think the league should add an event like an All star game during the season similar to what the NHL does?

1: Give it our all. Play our best at this point. Play our roles and I'm betting we'll be fine. We are the underdogs in this Playoff run. Miracles can happen

2: Listen to music to relax myself.

3: Our Defensemen honestly! Continue holding it down!

4: It's a shame. They should bring those teams to the regular league. Expand the franchise.

5: Bring Salt Lake City in the mix! Maybe Indianapolis too.

6: To break the monotony? Yes!

9 hours ago, Oddpurplefly said:

Halifax 21st

Press conference

1. I think they are better than they appear. Two of our losses have come by only one goal, a few bounces go a different way and we could be up 3-1 in this series as much as we are down.

2. Hugh has a conference call with Judy before every game. Teammates have to be notified first because things can get very steamy.

3. I'm partial to Ricky LaFleur, he hasn't had a lot of playing time as of late with Trunov in the starting netminder role, but I think he has a bright future ahead of him.

4. I don't really have any, as I've only just returned and when I was last in the league there was no VHLe. I'm happy to see that Vasteras was reborn again though.

5. The Oslo Screaming Seamen and thats it.

6. While fun as an idea, I don't know if it would be practical, as it would only add to already lengthy offseasons.

On 9/16/2024 at 6:52 AM, Oddpurplefly said:

Halifax 21st

Press conference

1. I'm too late for this question... it's over... we lost... 😭  Oh well, time to begin the old offseason ritual.

Happy Hour Drinking GIF by Saturday Night Live

2. Um, well, you know, gotta calm the nerves, stay cool, try not to get too wound up for the high pressure environment.  A little bit of liquid courage goes a long way!  

Happy Hour Drinking GIF by BBC

3. You're going to make me choose! Ugh, I hate picking favorites... Okay, I'm going to go with Ricky LaFleur.  Despite being our 2nd goalie down the stretch, he was fantastic in the locker room and brought a lot of great vibes to the team.  It's hard not to love a player like that ❤️

the life ricky GIF

4. I'm super excited about the decision to abolish the E-- not because I hated the E so much, but because it means the M gets a boost in player numbers and depth.  I think this change will make a big difference in the VHLM for competition and team building, and also means more players in the locker room which is always good for vibes.  

Season 4 Drinking GIF by NETFLIX

5. I don't really have any opinions on the defunct teams since none of them really stand out to me as needing to be brought back, but I do think the VHL could use some Quebec representation, maybe a Montreal team?  What would we call them... Montreal Machine?  I totally didn't just google Montreal sports team name ideas...

Bert Kreischer Drinking GIF by Sony Pictures

6. 100%, yes!  I would love to see an official All Star game where the league's top players get to play against each other in a one-off fun game, maybe for a few TPE to the winner? Not everybody can win awards so having something like an official all star accolade would be kinda cool as well. 

Ice Hockey Sport GIF

Cheers to another offseason! :cheers:

Edited by LucyXpher

On 9/16/2024 at 7:52 AM, Oddpurplefly said:

Halifax 21st

Press conference

1. An unfortunate loss for boat gang but we played our hearts out! I don’t think a strong playoff run was the goal for Halifax this season but it was still a lot of fun to play with Ricky to start our careers.

2. Bubbles likes to play with his kitties and giggle for a while to get ready for a big game. His kitties help calm him down and are his good luck charms.

3. Ricky was the best damn backup goalie I’ve ever seen. The guy’s a stud and will have a monster career between the pipes.

4. I love it! I’ve always enjoyed the VHLM more and I feel this will be a massive boost for new player connections to the league.

5. I would create a new team, The Sunnyvale Shit Hawks! Ricky would have to wear the C on his jersey of course.

6. I think we’ve tried it before but it’s never really stuck with the league. If we had a group of people who cared enough to run an all star game each season then I think it would be a fun thing to check in on. At the same time, players chosen for the game might be the only ones checking in.

On 9/16/2024 at 8:52 AM, Oddpurplefly said:

Halifax 21st

Press conference

(Hi Philly player here but the one thing Halifax has over our team is the fact that the press conference is REGULARLY MADE)

1. It was a pretty close series all things considered. Unfortunately you guys did lose out but next season you guys are going to look really strong so don't fret much about it. 

2. Ultimately Joel just sits outside of whatever rink he's playing in and gets some alone time. There's an unspoken rule that nobody talks to him in the locker room or on the ice until the puck gets dropped. Coaches hate him for it but he produces so they let it slide.

3. All of them. With a team like Halifax depth is just as valuable as the front end talent. No team wins with one line or a single goalie, it's always the group effort that pushes everyone forward.

4. As the only person with 4 VHLE cup wins on a single player I'm kind of glad that my record will stick around for the entire history of the league. I don't know if the VHLE will ever come back, but if it does, I hope it's done in a much better capacity.

5. The obvious expansion team for the VHLM would likely be Quebec City. It's a very obvious hockey town that's missing a team. 

6. Absolutely. I also think they should have more junior/national championships. Extra activities to put players on new teams and tighten the community even for a week or two. 

1 minute ago, Plate said:

(Hi Philly player here but the one thing Halifax has over our team is the fact that the press conference is REGULARLY MADE)

5. The obvious expansion team for the VHLM would likely be Quebec City. It's a very obvious hockey town that's missing a team. 

You're welcome to crash our press conference anytime!  

I totally agree about Quebec (either QC or Montreal).  It seems kinda criminal that there isn't a franchise for either of those cities in the VHL/M!