How bad will the Senators be?

bagelbitesisbae

The Ottawa Senators went from having a deep playoff run to being one of the worst teams in the league last season. How bad will the Senators be this year? 

Earlier last Summer, there was a scandal between Erik Karlsson and Hoffman’s girlfriend. The scandal was about Hoffman’s girlfriend who was accused of cyber bullying Erik Karlsson’s wife’s unborn baby. There were talks of Erik Karlsson potentially being traded to another team. Karlsson was obviously not traded as he is still with the team. Will Erik Karlsson be traded during the regular due to the unstable position the Senators are in? If Erik Karlsson is traded, the Senators lose their franchise defenseman and are left in a hard place. We obviously don’t know what the Sens would get in return, but they wouldn’t get a full package as Karlsson would most likely be a rental to another team. If they get rid of Karlsson, they won’t have much more talent. We then come to the question of, is Ottawa really THAT bad? Well, there are teams like Vancouver and Detroit. Vancouver has a lot of prospects coming up, and Brock Boeser is supposed to evolve into a much better player than last year. Detroit has Zadina and Dylan Larkin signed long-term. Detroit recently signed Jonathan Bernier to fill that role of a starting goaltender. I think if OTT keeps Karlsson, they won’t be bottom 5. We will have to wait and see!

5 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

I mean Ottawa not being a bottom 3 teams would be shocking lol even with Karlsson they need a 37 year old Anderson to bounce back to even stay even on last years roster 

Idk, I don’t see them being a bottom 5. I think they have enough where they can get around. Duchene, Stone, and Karlsson. There are teams like Montreal, Vancouver, Detroit, and et cetera that are worse. As an Avalanche fan, I hope OTT is a bottom 3.

8 minutes ago, bagelbitesisbae said:

Idk, I don’t see them being a bottom 5. I think they have enough where they can get around. Duchene, Stone, and Karlsson. There are teams like Montreal, Vancouver, Detroit, and et cetera that are worse. As an Avalanche fan, I hope OTT is a bottom 3.

Van is about to go off, Petterson Joulevi, Demko Boeser, Horvat still got decent Vets in Stecher/Edler. Baertischi, Markstrom both good not great. I think they better than Ottawa probably top 5 bad still but i think Vans got a better roster maybe worse star power but better depth. 

Detroit really is bad will compete for bottom 3, with ottawa and montreal. I think ottawa is worst than Montreal because of Price alone. Which puts it at Detroit/Ottawa for bottom 2 spot 

Historically bad. At least they have their 1st rounder... Oh wait! They don't lol what were they thinking at the draft. They could have given this years 1st to Colorado, but opted to keep it. Everyone and their aunt saw this coming, how couldn't they? Colorado now can end up with the 1st overall pick and they are looking to be a pretty deep team already (Avs fan) Do you think they regret trading for Duchene? I think so. Duchene wanted out of Colorado because he wanted a chance to play for the cup. Imagine what this does to him. He gets traded and Colorado explodes and Ottawa Implodes. Must think it maybe because him and his horrible attitude. (Still a fan of his) His contract is up at the end of the season LOL. AVS killed that trade. Makes the Forsberg trade look fair. 

Edited by BluObieZ

10 hours ago, BluObieZ said:

Historically bad. At least they have their 1st rounder... Oh wait! They don't lol what were they thinking at the draft. They could have given this years 1st to Colorado, but opted to keep it. Everyone and their aunt saw this coming, how couldn't they? Colorado now can end up with the 1st overall pick and they are looking to be a pretty deep team already (Avs fan) Do you think they regret trading for Duchene? I think so. Duchene wanted out of Colorado because he wanted a chance to play for the cup. Imagine what this does to him. He gets traded and Colorado explodes and Ottawa Implodes. Must think it maybe because him and his horrible attitude. (Still a fan of his) His contract is up at the end of the season LOL. AVS killed that trade. Makes the Forsberg trade look fair.  

I mean everyone know Duchene was overrated too which is the funniest part. Never a first line centre.

10 hours ago, BluObieZ said:

We FLEECED the Senators and sort of Nashville. We got OTT’s first rounder, Shane Bowers, Vladislav Kamenev, and Samuel Girard for Matt Duchene. NSH let go of Girard way too easily.

13 minutes ago, bagelbitesisbae said:

We FLEECED the Senators and sort of Nashville. We got OTT’s first rounder, Shane Bowers, Vladislav Kamenev, and Samuel Girard for Matt Duchene. NSH let go of Girard way too easily.

Well its easy to Let Girard go when they have the deepest defense in the league all locked up for a long time and still have very good d prospects in the system. Girard was a subject of the numbers more than not believing he will be good. 

10 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Well its easy to Let Girard go when they have the deepest defense in the league all locked up for a long time and still have very good d prospects in the system. Girard was a subject of the numbers more than not believing he will be good. 

Yeah, I know that is one of the main reasons, but they could’ve asked for more instead of basically giving Girard to us for peanuts. 

56 minutes ago, bagelbitesisbae said:

We also got a 2nd and 3rd. Bowers is a 1st rounder, Girard is a 2nd rounder but playing like he should have been a 1st rounder. I'm telling you once it's all said done this may go down as the worst trade in history. If AVS get 1st overall or top 3 because the draft lottery in a deep draft. I'd love Hughes forsure but i'd take Cozens or Broberg.

Just now, BluObieZ said:

We also got a 2nd and 3rd. Bowers is a 1st rounder, Girard is a 2nd rounder but playing like he should have been a 1st rounder. I'm telling you once it's all said done this may go down as the worst trade in history. If AVS get 1st overall or top 3 because the draft lottery in a deep draft. I'd love Hughes forsure but i'd take Cozens or Broberg.

Eyy! Fellow Avalanche fan! I’d love Kakko because he reminds me of Landeskog in a way. I wouldn’t mind Hughes though. ;) 

Just now, bagelbitesisbae said:

Eyy! Fellow Avalanche fan! I’d love Kakko because he reminds me of Landeskog in a way. I wouldn’t mind Hughes though. ;) 

Ah yeah, forgot about Kakko. Mackinnon and Hughes 1-2 FM. But i'd settle for Cozens or Broberg. Broberg would be a huge help on the backend. 

13 minutes ago, BluObieZ said:

Ah yeah, forgot about Kakko. Mackinnon and Hughes 1-2 FM. But i'd settle for Cozens or Broberg. Broberg would be a huge help on the backend. 

Obviously more defensive prospects are nice, but we are pretty good on them for now. We need more offensive presence as we have the top line and not a solidified second line. 

4 minutes ago, bagelbitesisbae said:

Obviously more defensive prospects are nice, but we are pretty good on them for now. We need more offensive presence as we have the top line and not a solidified second line. 

Very true we do have some pretty nice D prospects coming up.