Where in the world is Cole Mertz?

ColeMrtz

Hey boys, been a minute.
I was kind of a hypocrite for getting on people for disappearing with no communication but life gets in the way sometimes. I’ve had a lot to sort out in a short period of time and how my imaginary goaltender was performing wasn’t exactly my top priority. I want to apologize to everyone on the magazine because you guys are great and put in a lot of work on that, but I can’t put the time commitment to it anymore. I’ll try to come back to the league though, I just needed to drop this for a while. I lost and uncle, almost lost a brother, so as you could imagine I wanted things sorted before I came back. Once again I apologize to everyone I ended up screwing over by vanishing but I’m back for now. This league was honestly really fun and it sucked to have to leave it especially knowing how great a lot of you guys are but I promise I’ll be around here for a while now. Also I don’t remember the word count for VHL.com articles so this is like 200 words if it’s supposed to be 250 then rip. #bringbackthepeppervmertzbeef 

• Commissioner

I’ve been doing this for 11 years. I’ve seen a lot of people need to take momentary steps back. You aren’t the first, you won’t be the last, so don’t worry yourself over it too much. Welfare can be very helpful in times like this to keep some points flowing but if you need to step back fully for a time no one blames you.