SSK/OTT: S63

VHL Bot

42 minutes ago, oilmandan said:

Wow

This is more like what offers should have been for him. Jubo wanted to give a 2nd and get a pick back with Gebauer - that's just not a realistic deal, given that Gebauer will likely cap. I think I'm actually still on the short end of this a bit, but this is a better offer than your guy was giving :)

11 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

This is more like what offers should have been for him. Jubo wanted to give a 2nd and get a pick back with Gebauer - that's just not a realistic deal, given that Gebauer will likely cap. I think I'm actually still on the short end of this a bit, but this is a better offer than your guy was giving :)

I thought it was a good return for him. Saskatoon will have him for 20 games plus whatever in the playoffs. And Ottawa gets 3 chips for either players or other deals. 

1 hour ago, oilmandan said:

I thought it was a good return for him. Saskatoon will have him for 20 games plus whatever in the playoffs. And Ottawa gets 3 chips for either players or other deals. 

Yeah it's a decent enough deal. I think it favors Sask slightly just because Gebauer's been kind of underrated for how good he actually is, but this deal was a good bit ahead of the other two offers I'd received. In comparison, I know he was a good bit earlier in his respective season, but look at the Roctrion King deal where I was on the other side of it. Went for far more.

Ultimately it's a bit of an adjusting period to figure out what a pick is going to be worth - back in the day, a player like this would be 1st or bust, because 2nds were about as valuable as 4ths are now, and 3rds were basically just lottery tickets. Now, picks later than 1st are much better than then, but the margin is changing every season, sometimes week to week depending on if there's a dry spell in recruiting, or conversely if a video ad just aired. It makes it harder to navigate when the map keeps sliding from one end of the table to the other, so in general I think it's understandable to an extent when guys want to keep their picks intact ( @ShawnGlade for example) rather than trade away pieces where they don't know what the value will be. At the same time though, it's in the risks where you find the advantages. For Peace's first trade where he was the primary guy, this is a good start, and I hope he gets a main position somewhere soon.