Stopko to call it early?

Bushito

It appears as though Norris Stopko the top goaltender in the league over the past few seasons looks like he may hang it up early. When looking for a job for next season Stopko talked to many teams and has not received one offer to start for a team next season. Calgary will be going into full rebuild next year and Stopko wants to compete. With over 1100 practice hours it appears to be the first time in VHL history that a 1000+TPE goalie goes jobless and retires. If Stopko does not receive any word on a contender offering him a place to play next season by Sunday around noon he has stated he intends to retire.

• Commissioner

The joys of the goalie market. I had the same with with Chekhov and nearly with Holik. There’s only 8 starting jobs and if teams trust their younger guy to get the job done they don’t want to put up the big money for a vet in net.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

The joys of the goalie market. I had the same with with Chekhov and nearly with Holik. There’s only 8 starting jobs and if teams trust their younger guy to get the job done they don’t want to put up the big money for a vet in net.

Yeah it sucks for sure, I really wanted to chase some records but it's not worth it. Better off to get my next player started since they have to be 3 years apart.