Claimed:Interview with a Legend

thornton-joe-VIDEO.jpg

I am joined by the legendary duo of VHL GM of the Helsinki Titans STZ and his current player Ethan Osborne. STZ has been managing Ethan since the beginning of his career. These two have created a formidable combo in the VHL and the VHLM. STZ has been known as being the legendary GM of the expansion team the Bratislava Watchmen in the VHLM. There he has led his team to two founders cup in the teams 6 year existence. He has been the GM of the team for the whole 6 seasons and he is one of the best VHLM GM's in history. Now he gets the chance to prove his worth in the VHL with the Titans. As for Osborne, he is regarded as the best player to have played in a Titans uniform. Now he recently got shipped out to Seattle to finish the last season of his career. They are chasing a cup and it would be nice to see him win another.

R1. - This question is for newly appointed VHL GM STZ. How does it feel finally getting the chance to be called up to the big times to GM in the VHL? I mean we all know the success you had in Bratislava, but this has to be huge for you.

STZ - It's very exciting. I've had a blast working in Bratislava, and I'm extremely grateful for the chance to run the Helsinki Titans. Mitch Higgins has been an unbelievable mentor, and has put our franchise in the position to rebuild very quickly. But yeah, there's a lot of work to do - I'm just excited for the opportunity.

R2. - Helsinki seems to be headed in the path of rebuild. It seems as legend, Ethan Osborne, is headed for Seattle in hopes for a cup in the North American Conference as well. Do you think this team could have a fast rebuild, something similar to what the HC Davos Dynamo just did?

STZ - What Davos did is extremely rare. That is making a lot of the right moves and having luck play in your favor. It's pretty unimaginable that a team can go from rebuilding to a Continental Cup in just one year. Obviously we'd love to do that, but that is the extreme best case scenario. We are just focusing on what we can control, and that is making smart decisions when they come up.

qLXReQs.png

R3. - This one is for Ethan Osborne. With you heading off to the Seattle Bears to finish off the last year of your career, how heartbreaking would it be if you didn't win another cup with this team as they are going all in this upcoming season?

EO - When I was approached that I was going to be moved, it was hard to comprehend. I've only ever been a Titan and I knew it would be weird wearing different colors. However, I waived my NTC because I believed in this team and what they can do. This is my final year, and I want to raise a cup - I think Seattle gives me the best shot for that.

R4. Being one of the greatest players in the history of the VHL, (I know it sounds awesome to even say to you), how do you think that you will be remembered and what legacy did you leave behind for those in Helsinki?

EO - I think that is an over exaggeration, I'm far from being labelled in that category. As a VHLer I think I've at least made a name for myself. I hope the fans in Helsinki enjoyed my time there, I put everything I had into those years for the Titans. It is going to be weird not wearing the teal - but I am just happy I was able to help bring a cup to Helsinki and set the goal scoring record there. I just want to say thanks to all the fans in Helsinki, they are the best fans in the league!

Well I would like to personally thank both GM STZ and Ethan Osborne for their time and assistance. Hopefully STZ gets off to a hot start and continues his success into the VHL. He was one of the best coaches in the VHLM and I couldn't have thought of a better person to GM the Helsinki Titans. As for Ethan Osborne, he has been great during his career and will get to enjoy his last season playing for the Bears. He has had one of the greatest careers and is easily a HOF ballet player. (At least I would vote him in if I possibly could.) Thank you guys for your time and I wish you both the best in the rest of your careers both in GM'ing and playing in Seattle.

Content: 3/3 - Definitely an earth-shaking day in the VHL/VHLM with several fixtures moving to new homes. It's easy to forget that longevity is a rare thing in this league and is something to be greatly appreciated.

Grammar: 2/2 - Not too bad.

two founders cup = two Founder's Cups
the teams = the team's
It seems as legend, Ethan Osborne, = It seems as if the legend Ethan Osborne,
HOF ballet player = HOF ballot player

Appearance: 1/1 - (Y)

Overall: 6/6 - :dav: