Claimed:Has World Peace found his inner peace? // Contemplating retirement

stevo

Has World Peace found his inner peace? // Contemplating retirement

After losing the series to the later Founders Cup winning Bratislava Watchmen, the Bern Royals and their defenseman Ron World Peace were off to their well-earned individual holidays in the offseason. World Peace enjoyed his days in sunny Spain and found leisure in chasing after hot chicks, reportedly of course. Now that the offseason really gets going, World Peace is back and tries to set him up for the upcoming draft.

ballermann.jpg

Lovely 'Ballermann', home of irresponsible drinking

Multiple reports have seen the German defenseman working out steadily on the ice since his arrival from the infamous ‘Ballermann’ and what his personal trainers report could make possible pro destinations happy. According to them, World Peace has improved his scoring abilities majorly after coming back from the sunny isle of Mallorca and is now looking to further improve his on-ice defense to raise his acknowledgement as a true defenseman around the league. “I have been recently contacted by a certain general manager and he raised questions about me being able to stay active and competitive and all that stuff. It motivated me to some kind to be honest,” World Peace said during a German television show about his outlook during the next seasons. “At least before the draft actually happens I am going to stay competitive and will do my best in the gym. We’ll see what happens after that. Maybe that general manager announcing in a radio show that he sees me practically retiring in the blink of an eye has not been so wrong.”

Naturally that triggered some kind of pride in World Peace: “I know that I will not be a top prospect in any kind of way – I am kind of a blank sheet here and I cannot 100 percent guarantee that I will keep and keep working week in and week out.” That does not mean that people should underestimate what World Peace can do: He has tried to earn his name as a very tough guy to play against, more than only randomly drunk teammate to have fun with in bars, and extremely knowledgeable when it comes to the decision which strip club is the best to attend. “What more can you ask for?” he laughed and downed another beer.

Another thing that is interesting for World Peace is where his former teammate and goalie Blaine Olynick will end up. “I do have great respect for Blaine, because he worked back then in Bern day in and day out. He is a dedicated player and does everything he can to maximize his team’s success. The team to pick him up can be lucky to have snagged him,” World Peace declared in said television show.

6313890.jpg

World Peace sporting a beard after winning the Founders Cup with Ottawa

With all that being said, Ron World Peace still remains a secret to scouts and general managers. While he has good base to build off, his off-the-court issues and the inability to actually keep putting in work constantly remains a huge question mark. Several experts even see him slip out of the first round and it would be no surprise. As of now, he still has not decided on his pro future. “I like that pro teams consider me worthy of a career, but I cannot promise to fulfil that expectation. Maybe these words can be my last I will ever speak to the media,” World Peace wrote on his own twitter account. Let us keep it that way.

Still not sure, but it looks a lot like it at this moment...

But damn, I did proofread this and still managed to oversee 'fulfil' instead of 'fulfill' and 'off-the-court' instead of 'off-the-ice'. World Peace forgets which sport he was supposed to play. This sucker. :lol:

Edited by stevo

Still not sure, but it looks a lot like it at this moment...

But damn, I did proofread this and still managed to oversee 'fulfil' instead of 'fulfill' and 'off-the-court' instead of 'off-the-ice'. World Peace forgets which sport he's playing. :lol:

You get your championship in Ottawa and now you're going to leave?

I hope you do stay though.

Guest Svoboda_3

Content: 3/3

589 words. I think and hope you will stick around. You may be a raw prospect, but I'm sure you will have success in some form as long as you continue to work. The article was good and I liked that you made the quotes stand out with coloring.

Grammar: 2/2

For the most part some minor stuff, but that one sentence was awkward and I just suggested a different wording, that's all.

Founders = Founder's

offseason = off-season (x2)

Now that the offseason really gets going, World Peace is back and tries to set him up for the upcoming draft = Now that the off-season has gotten going, World Peace is back, trying to get ready for the upcoming draft

general manager = General Manager (x2) (I just have the impression that positions of power should be capitalized)

Appearance: 1/1

Nothing wrong with this.

Overall: 6/6