Website Themes

Chase Klein

• Commissioner

Themes are actually kinda a pain to make so I honestly don’t see us making custom ones for every single team. However we should probably update them yeah.

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

Themes are actually kinda a pain to make so I honestly don’t see us making custom ones for every single team. However we should probably update them yeah.

Team themes are a cool idea though

• Commissioner
19 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

It’s been pitched before. Some love it, some hate it. Personally I think the majority would use an overall VHL theme over a specific team theme so I doubt it would ultimately be used enough to justify the effort in making them unless we just like changed the banner in each one. That’s easy but a full on colour scheme for each is a lot.

Just now, Beketov said:

It’s been pitched before. Some love it, some hate it. Personally I think the majority would use an overall VHL theme over a specific team theme so I doubt it would ultimately be used enough to justify the effort in making them unless we just like changed the banner in each one. That’s easy but a full on colour scheme for each is a lot.

I think that the default theme is horrendous though. I only use the 10th anniversary theme. 

14 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Eh, cooler in theory than they are in practice. EFL has it, and while it's kind of cool, it's hard to put the same type of quality into 14+ different skins. I think finding a new, quality skin to add to the list is probably better in the long run.

8 minutes ago, Quik said:

Eh, cooler in theory than they are in practice. EFL has it, and while it's kind of cool, it's hard to put the same type of quality into 14+ different skins. I think finding a new, quality skin to add to the list is probably better in the long run.

agreed get at it graphic man

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8288-mind/

What about that?

Edited by Beaviss

• Commissioner
12 minutes ago, Esso2264 said:

can we have a dark theme

10th Year is pretty dark. Though the main area in posts is still white.

the problem with having a dark theme and a light theme over posts is that when someone uses colour or whatnot in their MS it doesn't necessarily show the same in both.

• Commissioner
51 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

What about that?

Honestly that's pretty nice for being free. We did consider buying a theme a little while ago but had other stuff come up first.

@Will you have access to our IPB account now eh?

Just now, Beketov said:

Honestly that's pretty nice for being free. We did consider buying a theme a little while ago but had other stuff come up first.

Ive found some good ones that also cost money if you want me to link those

• Senior Admin
1 hour ago, Beketov said:
2 hours ago, Beaviss said:

What about that?

Yup can install anything. I've thought about the themes as well but honestly just don't have time to do work on themes with everything I want to do with the Portal so you/Quik would likely have to spearhead customizing it but I can install whatever for sure. 

6 minutes ago, Will said:

Yup can install anything. I've thought about the themes as well but honestly just don't have time to do work on themes with everything I want to do with the Portal so you/Quik would likely have to spearhead customizing it but I can install whatever for sure. 

Would I be able to get a demo version of the site I could use to screw around with?