Potential landing spots for MK

Kirby

With the upcoming expansion draft on the horizon, there is much debate as to who will go where. It seems that a lot of VHLM players are open to joining one of the two expansion teams, claiming it would be nice to be the “face” of a new organisation.

We are just going to break down a few potential landing spots for VHLM newcomer Maximilian Kirbsson.

Saskatoon Wild

But wait... he’s already here right?

True.

However the reality is, Kirbsson hasn’t even played a game for the Wild despite signing for them late last season. He clearly hasn’t developed an immediate attachment to the coaching staff or players, and seeing as most of the player and staff may leave, it is easy to imagine Kirbsson not being a Saskatoon player for long.

I mean, it makes sense him being here though. He’s Swedish, where it’s cold. Real cold. And Saskatoon is cold, real cold!

He’s also one of the better guys on the roster. Which is crazy considering he hasn’t even played a game yet.

Houston Bulls

Definite possibility here.

Kirbsson has gone on record and stated that he thinks Coach @Sonnet is one of the best in the business. It would not be a surprise to see them linking up again but this time at the expansion team in Houston.

Kirbsson would almost certainly be the first line Center, and likely the face of this new organisation.

He would also likely develop a sun tan, something he hasn’t been able to do for the last 18 years.

All fingers seem to be pointing to Houston but it’s also tough to know for sure, as there is so much surprise to this upcoming draft!

If I was a betting man though (which I’m not..... I promise) I’d put my chips down on the Bulls snapping up Kirbsson.

Philadelphia Reaper

Shock, another expansion team on the rumour mill.

For real though, it’s definitely possible. These two teams are going to be looking for hungry players to fill their roster and none come hungrier than Kirbsson. He is an absolute monster on the training grind and already looks like a first line starting center for most VHLM outfits.

Besides, who wouldn’t want to play in Philly, home to the craziest fans in the states? Kirbsson is known to be a bit wild too, so this really could make sense.

No Team

Okay I don’t even know if this is possible but can you imagine he doesn’t even get picked up? Do people even know who Kirbsson is?

He looks great on the practice ice but he’s yet to even take to it competitively. Will people really make a risky pick on him without even seeing him compete at this level?

The short answer: yes, yes they will.

But it would be pretty funny if he just got straight up FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY. That would be a lot of mistakes being made.

Whereever Kirbsson ends up, one thing is for sure, the team is getting a stud of a player that will give every ounce of his energy to the team.