Dan Baillie Press Conference.

wcats

1. How has your rookie season been so far?

2. What its like to live in Moscow, like the place?

3. How would you describe playing in the same line with Gebauer and Blake?

4.  Moscow is currently 4 points away from playoff spot, you think Menace will be up there at the end of the regular season?

5. Got any plans or goals for reminder of the season on individual level?

6. Who has been the most annoying defender to play against so far?

Edited by jRuutu

19 hours ago, jRuutu said:

1. How has your rookie season been so far?

2. What its like to live in Moscow, like the place?

3. How would you describe playing in the same line with Gebauer and Blake?

4.  Moscow is currently 4 points away from playoff spot, you think Menace will be up there at the end of the regular season?

5. Got any plans or goals for reminder of the season on individual level?

1. It's been pretty good! I wasn't sure what to expect when coming to the show. Lots of work to be done in terms of practice and earning.

2. It's very cold but the fans still come out. It's quite like being home in Canada but where everyone speaks an entirely different language than you.

3. Playing with those guys is awesome! The chemistry they have together crazy and I'm hoping that i will be able to gel with them a little better as the season goes on!!!

4. Id love for us to make the playoffs in our inaugural season, that's the goal. To be competitive as soon as possible. We can show everyone what they missed out on!

5. On a personal level, if i was able to hit 20 goals personally I'd say that would be a successful. Rookie campaign. Obviously I'm going to try my best to do better but that's my goal.

44 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

@wcats  Added one more so you get full 2 TPE from these :P

6. Who has been the most annoying defender to play against so far?

Looking back at our game against van i was held without a shot. Samuel gate was all over me disrupting and knocking me off the puck. To date that's gotta be the most frustrating game for me

On 3/8/2019 at 12:22 PM, SlapshotDragon said:

1. Would you rather have to play a game with wet gear or no cup?

2. Is Teal green?

3. Who do you think will be the First Overall Pick in the NHL next year?

4. What's your favourite WHL team?

5. NHL Team?

6. AHL Team?

1. Without question I'd rather play with wet gear. Did that enough as a kid. Even though it's doesn't feel great, always protect the twig and berries!

2. I personally would say yes teal is green. I'm sure enough would disagree though.

3. Gotta be jack Hughes. But there's a ton of guys pushing their draft stock up so it's possible to see someone dethrone him.

4. Probably the Giants. They play out of the town my aunt lives in. She's a huge fan, So that was always the talk when i was younger.

5. My favourite nhl team is the maple leafs!!! Since day one it's been all leafs all the time!

6. The marlies that's where all the boys get their start.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Do you miss Riga?

2. Do you miss Davos?

3. Are you happy to play for Moscow?

4. Is the current standings discouraging you?

5. Can the Leafs reach, let's say finals at least this year?

6. Are you hoping to catch Blake and Gebauer before the season ends?

7. Is there any meanings behind your nickname?

8. Least fav NHL team?

9. Do you still remember that 13' playoffs vs Boston?

10. Are you confident that you could reach 20 goal plateau?

On 3/24/2019 at 5:05 PM, hedgehog337 said:

1. Do you miss Riga?

2. Do you miss Davos?

3. Are you happy to play for Moscow?

4. Is the current standings discouraging you?

5. Can the Leafs reach, let's say finals at least this year?

6. Are you hoping to catch Blake and Gebauer before the season ends?

7. Is there any meanings behind your nickname?

8. Least fav NHL team?

9. Do you still remember that 13' playoffs vs Boston?

10. Are you confident that you could reach 20 goal plateau?

1.  Riga is one hell of a team as well as a well run franchise. Though my time was short there nothing but respect!

2. The guys in Davos made me feel right at home. That was tough to leave without question. But it's part of the business.

3. You know it's always tough to be an expansion team. But i get to carve out a little piece of history so i think that's pretty cool. This team is very young but as we get older things will start to work themselves out. I have faith!

4. It's kind of expected at this point so I'm just trying to go out there and contribute any way that i can.

5. I'd love to see them reach the finals. I've been waiting my whole life for that. I think they have the ability to get to the ecf but if tampa is there it's tough for me to say yes.

6. Blake and Gebauer are on a different level of play together. I'm hoping to add into that equation a little more in the second half of the season

7. My high school team was the Wildcats. It was like one of the first screen names i ever had. Just kinda stuck around.

8. The habs without a doubt.

9. I remember it too well. Still stings. Having beers with my buds and watching the team implode.

10. That was my goal for this year and it's looking like it's well within reach. With 20ish games left I'd love to work closer to 30. But I'm totally happy with what I've done so far!

Edited by wcats

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2019 at 2:19 PM, omgitshim said:

1.) What's been the most interesting thing playing for an expansion team?

2.) How long do you believe it will take before you will be a playoff contender?

3.) What is your biggest weakness?

4.) Who has the weirdest locker room tradition?

@wcats

1. The most interesting thing for sure is seeing how I've stacked up against the rest of the league's top lines.

2. These things are always hard to tell. But if we get some good drafting and free agents i don't see why we can't be competitive in a couple season.

3. My biggest weakness would probably be taking unnecessary penalties a lack of discipline.

4. Blake eats a sandwich between every period. Ever since game 1 when he started his rookie tear.

• 2 weeks later...

1. do you think Moscow need more prospect goalies?

2. do you think Moscow won't be last place team next season?

3. Leafs are up 3-2. are you more excited or nervous?

4. do you want to see the next expansion team named Wildcats?

5. do you think Blake is winning the rookie of the year award?

6. are you sad he's inactive now?

On 4/20/2019 at 2:58 AM, hedgehog337 said:

1. do you think Moscow need more prospect goalies?

2. do you think Moscow won't be last place team next season?

3. Leafs are up 3-2. are you more excited or nervous?

4. do you want to see the next expansion team named Wildcats?

5. do you think Blake is winning the rookie of the year award?

6. are you sad he's inactive now?

1. I don't think it would hurt to have more goalie prospects.  Cole did everything he could with what little we had.  But it looks as he's gone inactive.

2. We definitely have a lot of room for improvement. The goal is to be the best we can. If we finished one above last place i could consider that a big win.

3. Well now is 3-3 haha. I'm a bit nervous sure. But, i really think that they have what it takes to close this game 7 out.

4. I would absolutely love to see an expansion team named the Wildcats!!! That would be awesome haha.

5. I think based on points he would. But not sure if him being inactive now changes that in any way?

6. I'm really bummed he went inactive. that line of myself, gebauer and blake had some serious fire power. I really hope he makes his return sooner than later!

• Admin

1. High hopes for the coming season in Moscow?

2. Thoughts on the insane depth of this draft coming up, how does it compare to your own?

3. If you had to pick one thing you wanted to achieve in your career, what would it be?

4. How did you come up with your player name?

5. What's one thing the VHL could do better?

On 4/28/2019 at 6:32 PM, Victor said:

1. High hopes for the coming season in Moscow?

2. Thoughts on the insane depth of this draft coming up, how does it compare to your own?

3. If you had to pick one thing you wanted to achieve in your career, what would it be?

4. How did you come up with your player name?

5. What's one thing the VHL could do better?

1.  I definitely think this season will be less painful. With everyone a year stronger and and with a super strong draft i look forward to the upcoming season!

2. This draft is probably the strongest one I've witnessed since joining here, including the one i was a part of. It's really going to help us get going!

3. Winning the Continental Cup is definitely my goal. After winning the championship with LVA in my final vhlm season, I've had my eye on it!

4. My player name is my actual name. I couldn't think of anything else at the time. My next player will have a interesting name haha.

5. That's a tough question. I'm still quite new around here so I don't really have any issues. Would be cool to see live sim plays.

You’re coming off a stellar rookie season which flew under the radar. Is next year your breakout season?

Moscow is mainly a young team with a bunch of promising guys. Who’s the best prospect that the Menace have?

Thoughts on the Menace branding?

German center Mark Gebauer paced the team in points with 93 since being picked in the expansion draft. Has he been a good presence on the team?

Goaltending was a huge issue, as promising goalie Justin Cole struggled. Do you back him to rebound?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2019 at 7:47 AM, bluesfan55 said:

You’re coming off a stellar rookie season which flew under the radar. Is next year your breakout season?

Moscow is mainly a young team with a bunch of promising guys. Who’s the best prospect that the Menace have?

Thoughts on the Menace branding?

German center Mark Gebauer paced the team in points with 93 since being picked in the expansion draft. Has he been a good presence on the team?

Goaltending was a huge issue, as promising goalie Justin Cole struggled. Do you back him to rebound?

1. Hoping to pick up but I'm happy with my production thus far. Everyone has been putting up monster points in Moscow this season.

2. Gotta be volosenko and jaguar. Those guys are going off right now!

3. I actually really like the branding that the team has.

4. Gebauer is my center and definitely a big time leader on this team. Lots of fun playing with him.

5. Unfortunately he went inactive i guess. I wish him all the best though. Owen May has been really important to this team so i hope we can have him build and become the long term goalie for this franchise!

• 1 month later...