(Not-so) Quik thoughts on the depth of the S66 class

Enorama

More than enough (aka any at all) discussion will be had around HHH and the high end of the draft, but that's boring as hell. Who cares about first overall anyways? I'm more interested in some of the guys who are on the lower end of the TPE scale, but whose draft stock has been rising, for any one of many possible reasons. Here are a few that jump out to me.

1. LW - Kyle Sabertooth: 157 TPE @uphillmoss

Sabertooth will be on the threshold of capping out at the end of this season and therefore forcing himself into the big league. With the way he's been earning of late, I highly doubt the winger will be returning the the M for S66. Moss has been active around the site and on discord, leading me to believe he won't peter out anytime soon as well.

2. RW - Emil Passerelli: 138 TPE @SparrowLTD

Sparrow's TPE earnings probably don't jump out at anyone, simply based on the fact that he's been primarily claiming welfare instead of doing a PT. I think he's still a really solid option in this deep draft because of how consistent he's been with his claims every week. On top of welfare, Sparrow tends to do Trivia and Press Conferences, and he has a couple recruits under his wing (ha) that help both his TPE earning potential in the long run and the likelihood of him sticking around for seasons to come. Once again, combine the above with his activity and interaction with other members, and you have a solid depth prospect.

3. D - Apollo Hackett: 124 TPE @Renomitsu

I would have to imagine that Hackett is flying under nobody's radar at this point. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see a team like Riga, who could use someone like him possibly staying in the M another year, take him with a late 1st round pick. I know that may sound crazy considering how many players are already above 200 TPE in this draft class, but I think the long term TPE earning potential that Renomitsu brings greatly outweighs the short term benefits of taking someone with a high amount of TPE on draft day. Between donations, trivia, maximizing uncapped TPE opportunities, and doing a PT every week, Renomitsu has already shown that he's prepared to dig in and better his player. The fact that he was only ranked 40th in the latest S66 draft rankings means he could be the biggest riser in the weeks to come.

4. LW - Blake Laughton: 87 TPE @Grape

This pick is a bit of a funny one. Grape went 3 full weeks after creating Laughton before claiming any TPE, but since then, he's been earning welfare solidly every week, with the occasional press conference, trivia answers, or even graphic sprinkled in. For whatever reason, I'm just getting a vibe that Laughton might be one of those slow burning picks, one of those that might stay another season or even two in the VHLM, but in 5 seasons' time is an integral part of a contending team's 2nd line. Honestly there's no real concrete reason to throw Laughton on this list, but I'm just getting a feeling.

535 Words, theme week.

It used to be the only good players to be found where in the top round. Now we can get to the fourth round and still find franchise players..... Id love to see the 3-4th round guys get more love.