Bert Meyers (C) Press Conference

1. You're one of the league's most highly-rated new members from this past season. Who would you say helped you out the most on your way to success?

2. You more or less played center all season due to the lack of centers in Minnesota. You switched position, however, a bit late in the season, really only in time for the playoffs. Did you see Meyers moving to center as a move to be made for the long-term future?

3. We've seen a lot of new guys getting hired as GMs lately. Why not you, the new guy with AGM experience?

4. At what point do you see yourself getting drafted, and by which team?

5. Let's say you were currently sitting around 180 TPE, and could go up to the VHL or sacrifice a very small amount of TPE to stay down. Which would you choose given that you'd still be in Minnesota?

6. You were passed over by Team USA during World Juniors, and you'll likely pass the 350-TPE cap for Juniors when they roll around next season. How soon before you finally break into the World Cup?

@RunnerBert11

1. You're coming off a huge victory over Halifax, who was favored mid-season for the cup. Does this change your expectations for the VHL?

2. How do you feel about the "I'LL BE YOUR ERNIE" signs that appeared after your first playoff series win? Any interesting experiences with those fans?

3. Your agent was picked up pretty quickly for an Assistant GM job. What's your secret?

4. How do you feel about all of the new-blood GMs and teams in VHLM? Any one in particular you're excited for?

5. In your opinion, what needs to be done to a) continue recruiting large numbers of new members, and b) retain the ones we've gotten this season?

6. Let's suppose it's season 70: you've just finished off a contract and are heading into free agency. What's most important in deciding where you'll go?

Edited by Renomitsu

1. What is more important to you your team or personal success

2. What NHL player would you be most similar too?

3. Does your player have any rituals or superstitions?

4. What is your personal goal for the coming season?

5. Do you have a favourite VHL Team?

6. Who is your favourite teammate?

7. What is a strength of your game?

8. What will you try to work on?

9. Do you think you'll win a cup?

10. If you were not a Center what would you play?

Meyers is coming off of a fantastic season and is considered one of the top prospects. How does it feel?

You recently changed positions from left wing to center. Why so?

Favorite song/band?

When not playing hockey, what do you enjoy doing?

Taking on an AGM role is a daunting task, do you feel up for the job?

Favorite VHLer?

1. You're one of the league's most highly-rated new members from this past season. Who would you say helped you out the most on your way to success? It's actually hard to narrow down to just a single individual, it was actually just a combination of different people in and outside of the locker room willing to help out and lend advice when needed.

2. You more or less played center all season due to the lack of centers in Minnesota. You switched position, however, a bit late in the season, really only in time for the playoffs. Did you see Meyers moving to center as a move to be made for the long-term future? Yea exactly, I played center the entire season to fill a void on Minnesota, which agruably was the tipping point in our road to the cup, but ultimately made this move so that the future VHL team I land on knows that my intentions going forward are to be a center and a force on the dot!

3. We've seen a lot of new guys getting hired as GMs lately. Why not you, the new guy with AGM experience? I have actually not tried to apply for any GM positions as I was wanting to get a little more experience with the league and STHS before I try to branch off and take the reigns.

4. At what point do you see yourself getting drafted, and by which team? I'm not entirely sure which team, but I would say I am going to be falling either late 1st round or early 2nd round.

5. Let's say you were currently sitting around 180 TPE, and could go up to the VHL or sacrifice a very small amount of TPE to stay down. Which would you choose given that you'd still be in Minnesota? If that were the situation I don't see any reason to hustle off to the big show, I certainly would've stuck around for another season in the VHLM, but as far as Minny goes, I was a free agent so I would've been draft eligible and would've most likely changed the 1st round of this years draft.

6. You were passed over by Team USA during World Juniors, and you'll likely pass the 350-TPE cap for Juniors when they roll around next season. How soon before you finally break into the World Cup? That's a good question and I was a little shocked by the Team USA decision, not so much as to who got the chance ahead of me, but that fact that so many older players were still available to play in the World Juniors, I hope it doesn't take but another season or two for me to get a chance to represent my nation in the World Cup!

@GustavMattias Thanks for the ?'s brother!

1. You're coming off a huge victory over Halifax, who was favored mid-season for the cup. Does this change your expectations for the VHL? I wouldn't say so. I had quite a bit of confidence in MN from early on and knew once we found our groove we'd be hard to stop, it was just lucky we caught fire when we did! I know I may not have a large impact on the team my 1st season or 2, but I expect to keep improving at the rate I am and believe that a work ethic like that will produce championships in due time.

2. How do you feel about the "I'LL BE YOUR ERNIE" signs that appeared after your first playoff series win? Any interesting experiences with those fans? Haha, at first I wasn't sure how I felt about it, but after I kept seeing more and more of them down the playoff stretch the more they grew on me and were a source of energy on the ice for me. I've had a few curious invitation from a few of those fans, but you gotta keep your nose to the grindstone and stay focused.

3. Your agent was picked up pretty quickly for an Assistant GM job. What's your secret? If you cast a bunch of lines you're bound to catch a fish :)

4. How do you feel about all of the new-blood GMs and teams in VHLM? Any one in particular you're excited for? I love it, the fact that the league is expanding as well as newer active members getting a chance to shine. I'm excited to see what @GustavMattias can do with the Mississauga Hounds in his maiden voyage as GM of a new team, it's an exciting time to be a fan of VHLM hockey!

5. In your opinion, what needs to be done to a) continue recruiting large numbers of new members, and b) retain the ones we've gotten this season? I think the league is doing a good job currently in their efforts to retain newer members and the current field as well. Through things like polls and actively asking for peoples input and opinions keeps the league evolving with the direction of the player base, you'll never make everyone happy, but you're doing a terrific job of keeping the masses happy. As for recruiting I think it goes along with me landing the AGM role, many lines will eventually catch a fish.

6. Let's suppose it's season 70: you've just finished off a contract and are heading into free agency. What's most important in deciding where you'll go? I think a lot of that depends on how these first couple season go, if I find myself on a cup winning team, I certainly would like to find myself at a rebuilding organization and see if I can help jump start the rebirth. If I come close to a cup or maybe get kept outta the playoffs or exit early, I'll probably want to find myself on a contending team so I can have a shot at a Continental/Founder Cup career!

Thanks for the questions @Renomitsu

• 3 weeks later...

1) Our defense has been unstoppable, but our offense has been hit or miss. What do you think is the key to success on the offensive side of the puck? It's been hit and miss, but we've still been bringing home the W's so we can't be too concerned. We've been toying with the lines trying to find that sweet spot and I think we'll find it here soon!

2) All-star votes will no doubt start showing up in a few weeks. Who's your early Helsinki favorite for the nod? Borwinn and Montgomery are in the mix with point totals and the way they've been playing so far this season and the impact they've been making on the ice should certainly get them some ballot love. Peppers is also a no brainer with his shutdown goal tending thus far.

3) What does your ideal Helsinki alternate jersey look like? It would have to be something mainly light blue, probably something similar to the Pittsburgh Penguins light blue jersey.

4) We've been able to maintain our spot at the top of the standings. How do you like our chances for the Victory Cup, for the best overall record in the league? I think our chances are great at this point, no one else seems to be gunning us down as of now, we've also been firing on all cylinders and playing well in both ends and in the crease, this season is looking all Helsinki still!

5) What is your player usually doing during their day off? Relaxing first and foremost, probably take a dip in the hot tub and play some video games. I usually like to follow that up with a light jog in the afternoon before dinner time.

6) Who have been some of your favorite line mates so far this year? It's been fun playing with our other rookie Ludvig, really like what I see from him and look forward to a long future of playing with him by my side! I have also love playing with Montgomery since he's been the type to bail me out a few times when I get over aggressive in the offensive zone, he keeps us in the game and lets our offense try to pressure more and generate some goal scoring.

• 2 weeks later...

1) Six games, six wins in a row. How are the Titans keeping things so hot in Finland?  Distributing the puck and playing as a team, the chemistry this team has on and off the ice is second to none.

2) The Finnish national team recently brought home an IIHF Gold Medal, is that a motivator for the VHL Titans? Oh hell yea, they got the nations attention and got them going now that's carrying over into our fan base and really getting our stadium rocking during game night.

3) What's been your strangest interaction with a fan? I've had some fans asking to be my Ernie, those wind up to be some crazy conversations about them wanting to pursue living arrangements and trying to buy me a pet pigeon Maurice....

4) Up until now, what's been your favorite moment as a player in the VHL/VHLM? I think to date it would have to be my first VHLM hat trick, that really was the turning point for me in the VHLM and everything has been all systems go since.

5) If you could give the Titans a goal song, what would it be? Jerk It Out 0- Caesars

6) If the VHL were to hold a special outdoor game, who would you give it to and where? Why not give the VHL fans what they want, a #1 v #2 matchup, Helsinki v Riga. As far as location I think it would be fun to play at the Helsinki Olympic Stadium!

1) Be honest- Pepper or HSK G? Peppers, no doubt!

2) The end of the season is nigh, and playoffs are just around the corner. Are you more focused on the current games, or the ones to come in the postseason? Gotta stay in the moment, can't get caught day dreaming out there!

3) Right now, Borwinn leads the league in points (70) and Thompson leads the league in goals (35). What makes these guys so good at what they do? Work ethic, if you saw these two at practice and the amount of time and effort they put forth day in and day out, there would be no doubt it your mind why they're they best at what they do.

4) Lately, the team has suffered some pretty close games/losses to teams they should be beating. Are you worried? It happens to the best of teams at some point in the season, we just have to regroup and focus up here when it matters most.

5) Which is more important - offense or defense - and why? Defense, good defense will create more offensive opportunities!

6) Who've you got- Bruins or Blues? Don't like Boston but hate St. Louis, so LETS GO CHARA!

1. Living and playing in Finland, what is that like?

2. Right now, who is your least favorite team in VHL?

3. 50 points in 67 games so far, happy on that number?

4. Have you ever played any other positions? Or just center only?

5. How far you reckon Helsinki will go this year?

Edited by jRuutu