VHLM Updates

Retired MF

DAMN... That sucks... what an advantage for people in their 2nd year and re-creates or teams that drafted them. Yah work to get updates done so you can improve/catch them and they aren't even put into the game? Wtf is the point of that?

DAMN... That sucks... what an advantage for people in their 2nd year and re-creates or teams that drafted them. Yah work to get updates done so you can improve/catch them and they aren't even put into the game? Wtf is the point of that?

Even though I don't agree with how little players in the sim are updated, I do know (from personal experience) that going through each player from each team in each league is arguably the most tedious thing for a summer to do. With the amount of players we have, it takes a few hours at least to go through both the VHLM and VHL.

Thats just how it goes brotha or doesnt go. Like i said this is just my understanding of how it goes im not sure if it is done differently

Thanks. Would be pretty damn stupid if that is how it goes. Would be nice to see it once a week, so I can see the players growth... reward those who are active? Idk, just trying to figure shit out around here.

Those are the main points in the season when you can EXPECT an in sim update.

It's usually updated more often than that depending on mostly time availability, but obviously it's not every single week.

Those are the main points in the season when you can EXPECT an in sim update.

It's usually updated more often than that depending on mostly time availability, but obviously it's not every single week.

See you learn something new everyday. Thanks Higgy

So, what are you doing to promote activity for new members in VHLM? Re-creates have a big TPE advantage to start the season and it stays that way until updates are put in (you know, the 3 doubled upgrades to catch up). IF you wait all damn season to put them in... the new guys will never be able to compete OR reach those achievement goals. Yeah, it takes time to update... no shit... that is why you're rewarding the simmers and such with the TPE they get. My goodness. Toss me a bone here.

Even though I don't agree with how little players in the sim are updated, I do know (from personal experience) that going through each player from each team in each league is arguably the most tedious thing for a summer to do. With the amount of players we have, it takes a few hours at least to go through both the VHLM and VHL.

Yeah, I've ran player and team leagues basketball wise. I've simmed for other leagues. I know what it takes. You can't tell me you don't lose a ton of guys in VHLM that are new and sign up each season. If you showed them the progress of their player, you'd increase the percentage that stayed quite a bit.

You see it, trust m man I was in your boat 3 seasons ago. Like Higgins said its not every week but it does get done quite often, that's why It is important to keep earning TPE because you never know when an update will be coming :) trust me man if you stay active and update you can put a re create in it place. look at me I re created with 30 TPE......so all im saying if you can stay active and do points trust me you will have fun in this league. don't get hung up on weekly updates. 

or you will drive yourself nuts. there is lots to do here maybe tr to find something to take your mind off it

I agree that you might not be updated as much as you like. However, the only noticeable updated you did this far was from six days ago. The points before that would have hardly made an impact.

Just be patient and it will work out, with a bit of luck this topic will wake someone up to atleast do an extra update. But try to keep calm man. It will work out in due time.

Atleast your vhlm player wont be benched for an inactive right before the gm goes inactive. We all had our vhlm problems ;)

Guest Svoboda_3

There's no way to hire someone specifically to input the updates into the sim? Or would you have to have STHS in order to do that?

There's no way to hire someone specifically to input the updates into the sim? Or would you have to have STHS in order to do that?

you would need STHS to do that unfortunatly

I agree that you might not be updated as much as you like. However, the only noticeable updated you did this far was from six days ago. The points before that would have hardly made an impact.

Just be patient and it will work out, with a bit of luck this topic will wake someone up to atleast do an extra update. But try to keep calm man. It will work out in due time.

Atleast your vhlm player wont be benched for an inactive right before the gm goes inactive. We all had our vhlm problems ;)

That is because I did everything I could for the week. New week now and I'd bust ass to get one in but no point as you don't have a fucking clue when the lazy ass is gonna update.

That is because I did everything I could for the week. New week now and I'd bust ass to get one in but no point as you don't have a fucking clue when the lazy ass is gonna update.

Hold your horses there champ, no need to be rude. Its not really considered busting ur ass for nothing because you will get updated soon. Maybe not this week but then the next time you get a bigger increase. Your just looking at this like its hard to write words or tough to do a graphic man. Its supposed to be fun n ur stressing yourself to much.

No, we talked about how it is no big deal for recreates (yeah, I don't mind at all the system fwiw) because they 3 doubled updates for noobies... but if you never put them in the game... means recreates have a larger advantage for most of the season... no way to make up the advantage without an update.

With all due respect, this has not been the first time you have made a suggestion, comment, or question in a rude, and unnecessary manner. In the future, if you could please remain civil with your points, and assertions, I am more than confident you will formulate into a productive member in our league.

Updating the sim weekly could be done, it just means someone has to buy another copy of STHS. Updating player stats is a full time job too.

Why are updaters updating pages each week if it isn't going to go into the game? It is just a waste of time. I mean, we have someone who posts each game to a thread (which in all honesty is pointless because it is quicker to pull up the pages and look yourself then click on each link then back out) but we can't have someone input the updates once a week?

Why are updaters updating pages each week if it isn't going to go into the game? It is just a waste of time. I mean, we have someone who posts each game to a thread (which in all honesty is pointless because it is quicker to pull up the pages and look yourself then click on each link then back out) but we can't have someone input the updates once a week?

Updaters update every week not only to make it easy on the simmer but also themselves.

Why did u join a league where your meant to have fun and meet new people if your just gonna bitch the whole time?

Guest Svoboda_3

Games are posted to create discussion and for the scores to be there without 17 clicks. Updaters update weekly for the fact that if they had to make one GIANT update, it would be a pain. Plus, it creates a position in the league for the members to have something to do. Updaters can't update if point tasks aren't graded and the simmer can't update the sim if the pages aren't updated.

Also that lazy fuck goes to University, farms and has a job, so any free time he has is spent here getting games up and while he'd love to spend his extra hours updating the sim on top of everything else, I certainly wouldn't expect him to want to based on how busy he is and how appreciative we should be that we get his time and dedication. Unfortunately there are some things that aren't perfect, but you gotta understand that real life takes place and the league operates as free time allows.

Edited by Svoboda_3