Riga Reign Press Conference

1. As of this moment, Riga is sporting a 7-4 record. Is this a surprise for you?

2. Are you happy with your performance so far?

3. The Riga MVP so far in your opinion?

4. Who did you pick for David Knight award and why it's me?

5. This post will be this thread's 1000th! Any celebration plans?

6. Always was wondering, any of yall watching MLB? and why?

17 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

1. As of this moment, Riga is sporting a 7-4 record. Is this a surprise for you?

1. No we are a good team everyone has played with each other for more than a year. And we are very good team. 
2. Yeah have but I need to work on defence but all good and can’t complain I guess. 
3. The MVP so far should be the other Daniel. 
4. I Don’t Know I don’t Know what to say to that.

5.  Wow 1000th thread that is crazy truthfully and I don’t know. 
6. I am from England and we don’t watch MBL and it isn’t my type of thing. I watch cricket. 

1. As of now, we're still hanging on with a fairly decent record. Do you think we couldve done better?

2. What's the most surprising thing about this season for you so far?

3. Who do you think will miss the playoffs from EU conference, outside of Helsinki ofc.

4. I couldn't bring Sano III back so I spent a second rounder for an inactive. how much of a failure that move was?

5. Did you watch NHL All star event? Did you enjoy it?

6. Your opinion on Bo Horvat trade?

4 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

1. As of now, we're still hanging on with a fairly decent record. Do you think we couldve done better?

You know anybody could always do better in my opinion because nobody is perfect Yknow?

The fact that I got traded, first time for me tbh, I really loved my time at sasky but I think it was a little too much for me.

3. Who do you think will miss the playoffs from EU conference, outside of Helsinki ofc.

You know it really depends on if the others can hold on, so I don’t really have a clear answer to that one just yet.

4. I couldn't bring Sano III back so I spent a second rounder for an inactive. how much of a failure that move was?

I mean it is just a brain fart and not much could have been done and all ya gotta do is just move forward. 

Yea although it is kinda staged but oh well. It was still good though!

Awfully surprising trading a captain away but if it works for the Canucks, it works!

For sure, better thenn last season and a lot of people thought we would suck again.

I'm glad. I hoped I could be one of the leaders, but at least my performance had me in the all star votings so far.

Defintely Henry TUcker Jr. We would not be in this position without his second best sv% at the moment.

Because of the draft and signing Travis DeGroot even tho I said it first cough.

Double sims maybe?

I don't watch it, it's way too long

On 2/6/2023 at 2:15 PM, hedgehog337 said:

Honestly I think that this is better than I expected up to this point- last few sims have been rougher but I think we can get back in it.

That Riga is doing fairly well and that Sadie St-Louis has 20 points already! It's mostly good surprises so far.

I don't think Malmo will quite make it this year. The bottom of the playoff race imo will be really close.

It was definitely worth a shot I think; not really a huge failure on your part, just a lost gamble.

I did watch it and unlike everyone else on the planet apparently I still make the effort to enjoy it. Suzuki doing well was fun to see as well.

Decent for both teams, Islanders got a great leader who will help them for years, and Canucks got a great return for someone who doesn't fit under the cap.

Yes, we were expected to suck a lot.

Very happy, but more goal-scoring would be welcome here.

Have to be either Daniel Weaver or Henry Tucker Jr.

1. As of now, we're still hanging on with a fairly decent record. Do you think we could've done better?

I think we can with a bit more scoring. The goalies are doing great and our defense is doing its job so far.

Did not expect Logan Ablair to play this well, it's unfortunate that he's not getting any playing time anymore.

Probably Riga Reign because we are not ready yet.

Sano is still producing very good so not that bad, but since we aren't making the playoff. It's a waste then.

Yes, it was a bit nice this season but they are still far behind from other leagues.

I'm a habs fans and I don't want Vancouver to be more bad then us so aII don't like that trade

1. One week later, we're still pretty close to a playoff spot! In your opinion, does it makes sense to buy players?

2. Theme week related, which team or which player has been your biggest rival in VHL to this day?

3. As of this moment, Weaver is sitting 5th league wide in shots made. Do you think he can hit 450 shots this season?

4. Sadie as the rookie leader in points after 72 games - yay or nay?

5. Do you think rookies having tougher time to score a lot in hybrid era?

6. Are you happy Chiefs won?

On 2/13/2023 at 5:57 PM, hedgehog337 said:

1. One week later, we're still pretty close to a playoff spot! In your opinion, does it makes sense to buy players?

2. Theme week related, which team or which player has been your biggest rival in VHL to this day?

3. As of this moment, Weaver is sitting 5th league wide in shots made. Do you think he can hit 450 shots this season?

1. To me it make sense to bring players in to strengthen the team. But also we are a good group of players. 
2. I don’t really know because I have got given penalty slashing and all that and fighting with a couple reoccurring players. 
3. Oh definitely I think he can get to 1000 shots before the end of the season truthfully. 
4. It is a yay you might as well give them the rookie of the season now because they will be 150 points points with before the end of the season. 
5. No not really you just have to click with your line mates. I find that is the best thing. And the coaches get best out of the team with their flossy of hockey. and play positively aswell. 
6. I am over the moon just a master class I think in the second half. And Andy Reid is the best coach get ever. 

I think the core of this roster is set and next year we will be a contender. I would only buy if there's some term (and spent the assets to do it).

Definitely Tui Sova/Mac Atlas due to joining back the same time.

Yes, no reason why he would not. As long as he keeps getting as open as he does :)

I picked her for RoY so I have to say Yay!

I think relative to rookies it makes a lot of sense to be like this. Pre-hybrid we had rookies amongst the top 10.

Indifferent - more upset about the game ending penalty ruining a great match. 

:rig:RIGA REIGN PRESS CONFERENCE:rig:

February 19th, 2023

1. It's been over a month since I did press conference, am I a bad AGM?

2. What's the attitude in the locker room not knowing whether Riga will sell or buy at the deadline?

3.  There are 3 points between 2nd and 6th in the conference- what's the key to making sure we come out on top?

4.  What type of player do you think is missing from this group that makes the team a contender?

5. What's your expectation for the NHL Trade Deadline this year?

6. Are you ready for winter to be over yet?

Yes since Riga has been rebuilding for a while now. The fans can't keep waiting nor the players.

I don't have someone who can stand by my side as a rival but I guess tina could be one.

Easily since we traded away one of our best d-men so more loads for him to carry on offence.

With Weaver suggesting him to get first line minutes, for sure.

Yes for sure, which I don't know why people are sad about it.

I would of liked eagles instead

be faster than me then 😝

2. What's the attitude in the locker room not knowing whether Riga will sell or buy at the deadline?

cool calm collective. if not this season, the offseason is the time

3.  There are 3 points between 2nd and 6th in the conference- what's the key to making sure we come out on top?

score more goals than opponents....duh

4.  What type of player do you think is missing from this group that makes the team a contender?

right now 1D and couple of higher end forwards

will columbus sell enough

yes indeed. its getting depressing already smh

On 2/19/2023 at 1:18 PM, kelvi said:

February 19th, 2023

1. No you’re fine AGM. I think you’re cool. 
2. I don’t think it is buy or sell. I think it is more win and get into the playoffs i think but I can be very wrong. 
4. I think we don’t need anyone truthfully. 

5. All teams in playoff going to get the good players. Really

6. No I am not ready for the the winter to be over. 

Yeah, I think it does. With how wide open the European Conference seems this year, anything could help finish a spot or two higher.

I haven't had a real VHL rival yet that is a skater, although the other rookie points leaders could be that. Lachlan Summers is a goalie I am always going to want to score on more than the others.

Yes I think he definitely can because of how much offense flows through him.

I really hope I can beat out Abass and Kauppi at the end of the year- it's been great so far.

Yeah- I look at the previous stolzschweiger winners and so many of them are 100+ points and then I look at this year and we (the leaders) all have low 40s point totals at this point.

Not one bit, I really don't like them.

February 26th, 2023

1. What's your thoughts on the trade deadline?

2. How has the loss of Tavish DeGroot affected the locker room?

3.  Riga is currently 4th in the Euro conference - how does this compare to your expectations?

4.  What's the message to the team being a young rebuilding team potentially heading into the playoffs against more experienced teams?

5. Spring Training started for the MLB. On a scale of 0 to 10 how much do you actually care and who's your favorite team if you're answer isn't 0?

6. What is your dream vehicle?

We could of done a trade to boost our second line defensively cuz they are hurting a lot.

Pretty sad, he was our first very good offensively d-men on the team and he proved it with his stats.

3.  Riga is currently 4th in the Euro conference - how does this compare to your expectations?

We were expect to be in the lottery so I just hope we can make the playoff now.

4.  What's the message to the team being a young rebuilding team potentially heading into the playoffs against more experienced teams?

That our time is coming soon.

5. Spring Training started for the MLB. On a scale of 0 to 10 how much do you actually care and who's your favorite team if you're answer isn't 0?

2, who watch these frl.

A Mercedes to be honest

Decent. some interesting trades were done including ours

minus one active memebr sure gonna make locker a bit more quiet. other than that the team is still a believer so its fine

good season. if anything this shows how much potential do we have despite of lower average TPE numbers

just have fun. we will get it sooner than later

well then...0.

I'm a simple man. I see audi or bmw - lessssgooo!

On 2/26/2023 at 6:33 PM, kelvi said:

February 26th, 2023

1. "Well seeing that I'm in new colors... it's been VERY eventful."

2. "Truthfully, I don't know too much of the guy. From what others are saying, he was a spark in the team and luckily he can spark other teams as well. That's the good thing about sports. You find your sparks anywhere, everywhere."

3. "Expectations for me, I never want to lose a game. The Euro conference is a bloodbath and we're surviving in it. Make playoffs, win there. Standings won't matter if we get the cup in the end."

4. "Let's beat their f*cking *ss. Let's show them we're not pushovers. Plain and simple."
5. "I'd say a solid 5. I love me some baseball but since the games don't matter, it's just extra content to enjoy. I can't f*cking wait for the thrill of some regular season."
6. "I've driven many vehicles but god damn I want my hands on an ATV so badly."

1. The trade deadline I would say was a success given that we have made the playoffs and won the wildcard. We were able to get assets draft-wise and also still compete at a very high level.

2. The loss of DeGroot definitely affects things- it has an impact on the whole team when you lose a leader, especially one that is such a star player. I hope they have success with Seattle and wherever they may go after.

3. At the beginning of the season I projected us to place 15th leaguewide. I am so happy I was wrong- this team has proven we are more than just our TPE numbers and that we have a chance against anyone. My excuse is that I was trying to jinx us... definitely.

4.  As cliché as it sounds, keep doing what we've been doing. After having taken down Warsaw with the offense they've got, I believe we can at least hold our own against anyone. I am afraid of Vancouver though.

5. For spring training it's gotta be a 1, I do not really care. For the regular season it's at 3 and the playoffs are 8. I am a Boston/Cleveland fan because of my parents.

6. Ideally a nice electric car that actually has support for it where I live.

Yes you are for sure a bad AGM.

It's complicated. Everyone scared to get shipped of and not compete,  but Weaver understand that this league is all about business.

Denfesive teams are usually the best ones in these kind of stretch.

Probably a second liner that can carry it offensively and make good play defensively.

A lot of trades because cap space is going up and connor bedard race

Yes, Im excited for the summer a lot

1. Sweeping Warsaw in wildcard round, did you expect that outcome?

2. 0-2 against Davos as of now, do you think we can come back?

3. Who is Riga playoff MVP so far?

4. Which team are you rooting for besides Riga?

5. Who do you think is winning the cup?

6. Rate the NHL trade deadline.

On 3/7/2023 at 11:48 AM, hedgehog337 said:

1. Sweeping Warsaw in wildcard round, did you expect that outcome?

Yes I did - we got a lot of hype around this team enough to play spoiler. This is a great start to a new core.

2. 0-2 against Davos as of now, do you think we can come back?

Davos is a really good team as the top seed. When Riga plays their best they can win against anyone. Now that is already over.

3. Who is Riga playoff MVP so far?

Definitely Henry Tucker for this year. Putting up a 0.939 SV% in the playoffs isn't the easiest. 

4. Which team are you rooting for besides Riga?

Toronto because of Jimi Jax I guess,

5. Who do you think is winning the cup?

Boston Bruins - could it be any more obvious?

6. Rate the NHL trade deadline.

9.5/10 in terms of the league wide activity. 8/10 for Toronto. 

1. What position team needs the most to be fully contending?

2. Rumors swirling EU will still be 7 team race next season. Are you worried about that?

3. Cologne and Oslo just broke a record of a longest game ever (191 min 44 sec). Would you ever want to be a part of such games?

4. Your plans for the offseason?

5. The team voting is going slow ngl...but still. Who is Riga's most improved player this season?

6. Calgary, Malmo or Davos; which team you wanna see win it all?