Riga Reign Press Conference

Heya Reign, young and old! Answer some questions here for TPE.

Let's start with these - you can (of course) pick and choose:

1) The draft just finished an hour ago or so. What do you think of the team's (four) first round picks? What about the 2nd and after?

2) Older players: this team just got a lot younger over the last 48 hours. Does this affect your outlook for next season?

3) New guys: this team has a handful of S61-S62 draftees. Who will you look up to for mentorship, now that you're in the big leagues?

4) The team has enough players -- especially centers -- for more than two lines. How should Riga deal with this?

5) With the sheer number of players drafted this season, does the VHL need a cap increase? How much should it increase, if so?

6) Veterans: Any rookie hazing rituals we should be looking for? Maybe just a little advance notice? Please?

7) Rookies: When are you moving, and what's one important/sentimental thing you're bringing with you to Latvia?

8 ) What's the weirdest thing you've seen our GM doing?

9) I heard there's a Switch set up in the training facility, 8 controllers. Who's your main in Smash?

10) Is there anyone - pets, significant others, family - that you're bringing with you to Latvia?

@hedgehog337 @Anthony Matthews @bluesfan55 @Rocketman04 @Tagger @Beaviss @Devise @GRZ @Victor @solas @kayfabe @Symmetrik @Enorama @Jtv123 @Oost @speck1447 @kithoo @wuma @Sogarn @SwagSloth @Birdman @Sunburst @MD9

1) Awesome picks, I feel like Riga avoided the whole "full-season rebuilding" part by just acquiring a shit ton of 1st round picks, and given the players they selected with them, future is looking bright.
3) Definitely a guy like Preencarnation, dude's an absolute beauty, I'll ask him for some veteran tips, hopefully he'll share the knowledge he's gathered throughout his career.
4) I'll let our GM to figure this one out, I'm sure he's mapped everything out already.
5) Currently I'm not too familiar with how the whole cap system works, but if the league expands like it has these past months and we're having drafts like this everytime, cap raise is inevitable.
7) Obviously my first puck that I scored with in the minors, didn't take too long to get it there, and I don't expect it to be too long here either.
9) I haven't played the game in a long while, but when I played I used to play Greninja, nasty character.

1) The draft just finished an hour ago or so. What do you think of the team's (four) first round picks? What about the 2nd and after?

Just because I was picked, we had a stacked draft. Aaltonen and I are our RWs of the future.

2) Older players: this team just got a lot younger over the last 48 hours. Does this affect your outlook for next season?

yes, the old guys better be scared of us

3) New guys: this team has a handful of S61-S62 draftees. Who will you look up to for mentorship, now that you're in the big leagues?

Preencarnacion. The man's a god damn legend.

4) The team has enough players -- especially centers -- for more than two lines. How should Riga deal with this?

stack it up mane

5) With the sheer number of players drafted this season, does the VHL need a cap increase? How much should it increase, if so?

yes, by $5 million

6) Veterans: Any rookie hazing rituals we should be looking for? Maybe just a little advance notice? Please?

7) Rookies: When are you moving, and what's one important/sentimental thing you're bringing with you to Latvia?

I move from Yukon tomorrow, and I'm bringing fuvkin EVERYTHING, from my Iceland flag-adorned pajamas to my meat locker.

picking that rando Hackett.

9) I heard there's a Switch set up in the training facility, 8 controllers. Who's your main in Smash?

B I G M A N M A R T H

10) Is there anyone - pets, significant others, family - that you're bringing with you to Latvia?

girlfriend

1) The draft just finished an hour ago or so. What do you think of the team's (four) first round picks? What about the 2nd and after?

Great GMing to stockpile all of those first round picks including the first overall. If all of those players continue improving they could contribute quickly.

I'm sure the coaching staff and front office have though ahead on this one and are looking at all options. Some hard decisions will have to be made in order to best keep the team competitive. 

I think more players will lead to the cap increasing, but hopefully not by a lot at any one time. 

I'm still spending another year in Saskatoon but I'm looking forward to getting out there as soon as I'm needed. For now I'm just focused on competing this year in the VHLM

I play a lot with Daisy and Mario. I'm not great but I get very competitive.

No probably not. I'm going to fly solo and depend on my teammates and social skills to get by.

I think those four picks will completly change the Riga Reign of last season and that Aleksander Rodriguez at the 2nd round will become an absolute steal in the future. This draft will be remembered in Riga Reign draft history. A dysnaty is coming.

I didn't see anything weird YET, but I believe it will come soon enough ;) 

Podrick Cast because he has been a force in this league since he joined. A 174 points season! I hope I can become that kind of consistent player and dominate each year.

Focus on depth and have 4 great lines to dominate all the time on the ice. It would be good with the same amount of ice time for each. Or trade for a superstar d-men.

Yes, definetely and I don't know by how much because I'm still new in this.

6) Rookies: When are you moving, and what's one important/sentimental thing you're bringing with you to Latvia?

Once I finish my second season in the VHLM and I am bringing my BOOZEEEEEE

1. What do you think of Riga's draft?

2. Thoughts on passing on Jagr?

3. Who will be staying down in the VHLM from this draft class?

4. Hedgy has proven to make a lot of trades recently, are you worried you might be next?

5. Does Riga have championship aspirations this season?

I think we made some damn good picks.  Clearly HHH is really good.  Aaltonen was a really solid pick who's going to be a beast.  I'm confident in myself to think I'll be a good pick at #8.  Sigurdsson is a huge steal at #9.  Hackett's a great locker room guy and a nice player to add and fill out our defensive core.  And Rodriguez is an awesome third round pick and is gonna be really good after developing in the VHLM.

As a defenseman, guys like Kastelic and Saint are going to be huge.  I've never played at a high level like the VHL so learning from guys in the same position who've been here for a while.  Especially Kastelic, since he's been with the team his whole career and won a cup here.  He'll be an important resource for getting to know the city and its people.

At the moment I'd just wait it out.  A lot of us have just joined the team for the first time so I'd hope we get some time to feel things out and see how the team gels at first before any decisions are made.  Preseason should be a good way to judge our lines and team chemistry.

Maybe.  I think more expansion is a better option.  I could see why the league would be cautious about expanding so in that case a cap increase would probably be a better option.  If there's going to be a long-term solution for this problem though, it has to be made while considering the future drafts as well rather than just this one.  We can't make a drastic change after just one draft.

Ganondorf is my main for sure.  I like playing as the big heavy hitters.  I can switch it up sometimes - Marth/Lucina and Lucario are also fun.  (Also he's not too great because he's so slow, but Incineroar is fun to play as some times.)

10) Is there anyone - pets, significant others, family - that you're bringing with you to Latvia?

I've moved around a lot in the past few years and haven't brought anyone with me those times.  Although I'm anticipating this might be a bit more permanent.  My mom's still working in Denmark, so she'll be staying there for the most part, but my dad might come over and visit more often.  It'll be a lot easier now that I'm at least on the same continent.  I might make a visit to a local shelter to find a pet for some companionship too.

1. What do you think of Riga's draft?

Best draft by far in my opinion. We now have an unbelievable S66 core, with the addition of me via trade. I was drafted only 19th, but by the end of my career I promise you that we'll look back and see that I was easily a top 10 talent in the draft, maybe even top 6 or so.

2. Thoughts on passing on Jagr?

I trust whatever our GM decides to do. He knows the league a lot better than I do so whatever decisions he makes I will back him up.

3. Who will be staying down in the VHLM from this draft class?

We are all playing up I believe. We now have a S66 3rd line I believe as we were all over 200 TPE ages ago. I've now just hit 300 at 19th overall.

4. Hedgy has proven to make a lot of trades recently, are you worried you might be next?

Well he just traded for me, so I hope I'm not next lol. I think I'm pretty safe here now, I mean I wouldn't be mad if I got traded again because it's kind of fun to be honest. But I'm happy here and ready to start the "S66 Core Dynasty"

5. Does Riga have championship aspirations this season?

It'll be tough this season with other teams like Vancouver and Davos, but in a couple seasons I think we'll be the overwhelming favourite for the cup season after season.

6. New guys: this team has a handful of S61-S62 draftees. Who will you look up to for mentorship, now that you're in the big leagues?

Victor for sure. THis guy has been around sim leagues for a crazy amount of time so I'll definitely look up to him the most out of anyone on our team.

Edited by xDParK

New set of questions!

1) We're one week into the season, and Riga is 6-1-1, good for #1 in the league. What about the standings has surprised you so far?

2) Anthony Matthews, Gucci Garrop, and Randoms are averaging about 1 point/20 minutes. How does that work?

3) Is a 3-line-deep roster the way of the future?

4) Apollo Hackett's spent 28 minutes in the penalty box, tied for first in the league. What's wrong with him?

5) Which team is the biggest threat to Riga this season?

6) What's the weirdest thing you've seen a new teammate do since the draft?

7) You've got your choice of who to fight in the league, right here, right now. Who do you pick and why?

? Malmo defenseman Jerry Garcia  @GustavMattias has been leaving pints of ice cream in coolers in the team locker room. Is this a come-on or an attempt at intimidation, and has it been successful?

9) HHH vs. Hulk Hogan. Who 'wins,' and what crazy KOs happen during the match?

10) @hedgehog337 is a reclusive rich Latvian man. What spooky place does he live in?

50 minutes ago, Renomitsu said:

? Malmo defenseman Jerry Garcia  @GustavMattias has been leaving pints of ice cream in coolers in the team locker room. Is this a come-on or an attempt at intimidation, and has it been successful?

Yes.

5 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

New set of questions!

1) We're one week into the season, and Riga is 6-1-1, good for #1 in the league. What about the standings has surprised you so far?

2) Anthony Matthews, Gucci Garrop, and Randoms are averaging about 1 point/20 minutes. How does that work?

4) Apollo Hackett's spent 28 minutes in the penalty box, tied for first in the league. What's wrong with him?

7) You've got your choice of who to fight in the league, right here, right now. Who do you pick and why?

10) @hedgehog337 is a reclusive rich Latvian man. What spooky place does he live in?

1) Kind of surprised that Malmo are currently sitting in the 2nd place, being an expansion team and all, props to their GM, dude know's what he's doing.
2) they are out there to prove themselves, love playing with players like them.
3) I feel like it should, adds more realism despite some saying "bla bla nobody wants to play 4 minutes on a fantasy sim league team", I think it's more realistic and gives more player spots to people rather than bots taking some minutes.
4) I heard he has a beef with one of the refs, dude's a weirdo.
5) Helsinki, and looking at the standings Malmo shouldn't be underrated aswell.
6) Last week I saw Hackett printing out a picture of one of the refs and punching it, seemed strange at the time, now it makes sense.

On 5/11/2019 at 11:11 AM, Renomitsu said:

New set of questions!

1. Tbh I was surprised we were this good lol. I was traded for an aging star so I assumed we were like a rebuilding team so this seasons got me hyped.

2. It works well lol. I slowed down a bit but I'm really happy with how I'm playing

3. Maybe we'll see. Salary cap will make it tough but it could be.

4. Nothings wrong, he's just standing up for his boys.

5. Probably second place Malmo. My technically former team

7. Any star player. No point in fighting some scrub in this league.

I knew Riga would be solid this year, they have a ton of talent. Moscow being so far behind is kind of a shock to me. But it's still early.

They're just feeling it right now. That top line has a lot of cohesion and Matthews is making the most of the minutes he's getting.

It certainly seems to be helping this year. Fresh lines are just coming at you wave after wave. Maybe some other teams will take notice and adjust.

He's just trying to make his presence known out there. Maybe hasn't caught up with the speed of the big leagues yet. He'll get used to it.

From a talent standpoint I think Helsinki or Davos is the biggest threat. They've got the players to match up well with Riga but you never know when you get to the playoffs.

? Malmo defenseman Jerry Garcia  @GustavMattias has been leaving pints of ice cream in coolers in the team locker room. Is this a come-on or an attempt at intimidation, and has it been successful?

I don't think it's either of those. I think he just has too much and simply forgets to take it with him when he leaves.

Nothing. We're a great team. We should be up near the top.

Randoms is very good. Matthews and Garrop are a bit... unproved, but it's good to see them producing.

Yes. 

I TOLD YOU HE WAS A RANDO. I guess he's just angry all the damn time.

No.One. Cup or bust baby.

Hackett wipes his whole body after a Smash Ultimate match. 

Garcia. The fucking bum was picked before me and I want to knock him down a peg.

? Malmo defenseman Jerry Garcia  @GustavMattias has been leaving pints of ice cream in coolers in the team locker room. Is this a come-on or an attempt at intimidation, and has it been successful?

Whatever it is, I don't give two shits. I just like ice cream.

HHH triple pedigrees Hogan, winning for the Riga Reign.

10) @hedgehog337 is a reclusive rich Latvian man. What spooky place does he live in?

Probably a haunted house or some shit.

1) New guys: this team has a handful of S61-S62 draftees. Who will you look up to for mentorship, now that you're in the big leagues?

C.Past because I want to become like him in my career.

2) The team has enough players -- especially centers -- for more than two lines. How should Riga deal with this?

We shall become the best depth team in VHL history.

3) With the sheer number of players drafted this season, does the VHL need a cap increase? How much should it increase, if so?

Yes because team wouldn't have enough money to sign there players.

4) Rookies: When are you moving, and what's one important/sentimental thing you're bringing with you to Latvia?

My family of course. Can't live without them.

5)I heard there's a Switch set up in the training facility, 8 controllers. Who's your main in Smash?

Ash because I love Pokémon.

6) Is there anyone - pets, significant others, family - that you're bringing with you to Latvia?

my dog cuz rs from Latvia

I think we did well, some picks need to grow up, cough HHH cough, and hopefully the VHL will put them in their place that it's not all about themselves.  It is great to see some fellow Rush players join me, it'll just be like old times.

Move some to the wing, move some for other positions/picks.  Some players are more natural wingers than centres.

I'm not sure how much of a cap raise, but I'd like to see more teams going to at least rolling 3 lines.  It gives for much more variety than just having your top players play.  You can have some role players doing the dirty work no one likes to do.  It would lead to more specialization of roles on a team.  With a lower cap, then you are limiting the growth of the league.

I'm just going to rent for a bit, I was looking to move, until I heard it was Latvia and not Latveria.

Going behind closed doors with HHH, I heard something like "oooh, What a lovely tea party" once the door was closed

I can't get near that thing, but really it's not my game.  I've never been one for fighting games.  But I'd probably pick the weakest character and perfect them so that I could beat anyone with them.

Let's start with these - you can (of course) pick and choose:

Think we drafted amazingly. We have a crazy strong S66 core now to build around. I think we will easily be a future dynasty. 

Victor for sure, he has been around the league forever, and has so much experience. I think most of our rookies will say the same thing.

Maybe switch one over to the wing. We should play our strongest TPE players in teh top 6 and have the 3rd line play around 12mpg.

I don't think so. They've expanded twice now so I think that will take care of a lot of cap issues. Anyways, cap issues aren\t a;ways a bad thing. They create trades which can be great for league activity as it causes excitement.

I'll be bringing all of my KPOP CDs with me as I can't live without them. If I don't have KPOP music I will get very depressed in Latvia.

girlfriend and our 2 cats..charlie and henry 

Last day of the week! Here are some questions for this week (and next!):

1) We're 2nd in the league with a record of 15-7-1 - but the Titans have leapfrogged us and the Nighthawks over the past week or so. What are they doing right?

2) Davos have several star-quality players - like Ryuu Crimson and Veran Dragomir - but aren't even top half of the league. Is this STHS at it again, or is there a more logical reason for their bad record?

3) Kallis Kriketers has an excellent reputation in the goalie world, but is being severely outperformed in terms of save percentage (92.6%) by Chase, the backup 200 TPE goalie for Moscow and league leader in save % (96.4% save). And uh, yeah, it's probably just small sample size (3 games) but how is Chase so damn good?

4) TPE has recently been investigated as a performance enhancing drug. How much of the league do you think uses TPE on a regular basis?

5) Morpheus of House Destructious, conqueror of ash, burner of bodies, king of obliteration, soul reaping demon of the nothing realm, etc. recently literally crushed a player's face with his fist. Is the VHL getting too violent?

6) We found some loose dice and character sheets in the locker room. Who plays Dungeons & Dragons on the team?

7) Some have voiced their concerns over the Brand Tournament not feeling very important. How would you fix it?

8 ) Who sings in the locker room the most?

9) Which player(s) in the VHL do you dislike, but begrudgingly respect?

10) Which two players have the best friendship in the VHL?

1) We're 2nd in the league with a record of 15-7-1 - but the Titans have leapfrogged us and the Nighthawks over the past week or so. What are they doing right?

I think it comes from experience.  We have a lot of rookies, and we're taking our time to adjust to the league.  Meanwhile, Helsinki has only one rookie (shout-out to my former Minnesota teammate, Bert Meyers), and he's able to adjust quicker since he's on a team with more veterans.  That's not to say we don't have veteran players, because we do, or that they haven't been great, because they have.  But there were a good bit of changes in the offseason and it takes time to build team chemistry.

2) Davos have several star-quality players - like Ryuu Crimson and Veran Dragomir - but aren't even top half of the league. Is this STHS at it again, or is there a more logical reason for their bad record?

My immediate reaction would just be that it's STHS again.  I'm not that much of an expert with the sim engine so I can't quite be sure.  I can't help but notice that they don't have any forwards who prioritize passing over scoring so maybe that could be the issue?  I don't know how much of an effect that would have though. (Also maybe they should've drafted Nielsen)

3) Kallis Kriketers has an excellent reputation in the goalie world, but is being severely outperformed in terms of save percentage (92.6%) by Chase, the backup 200 TPE goalie for Moscow and league leader in save % (96.4% save). And uh, yeah, it's probably just small sample size (3 games) but how is Chase so damn good?

It's the strength of having just one name.  If you want to go by 'Chase', just 'Chase' and not have any last name, you probably have a lot of confidence.  I imagine that translates well into good performances on the ice.

4) TPE has recently been investigated as a performance enhancing drug. How much of the league do you think uses TPE on a regular basis?

Oh, it's gotta be 80% at least.  I wouldn't name names but a lot of guys are on TPE.  I'm sure the fans would be surprised by how many players are using it.

5) Morpheus of House Destructious, conqueror of ash, burner of bodies, king of obliteration, soul reaping demon of the nothing realm, etc. recently literally crushed a player's face with his fist. Is the VHL getting too violent?

I don't know if it's the VHL as a whole.  Morpheus is a concern, though...I am worried for what happens when he comes to the VHL.  If he ends up continuing to kill players on the ice...I don't know, I may have to find a different line of work.

I'll be honest, probably me.  I'm very open about how much I like music and what music I like, so I'm always singing along to whatever song I have playing.

Helsinki was mentioned as one of favorites and their performance shouldn't surprise anyone. They have the traditional 6/4 setup and all stars are gettting max playing time. So yeah, they should do good. As for Malmo - I still think they will fall at the end of the season.

Here we go, STHS doesn't like too stacked teams. For real, this might be a problem for this team. But I can't see them missing the playoffs either.

3) Kallis Kriketers has an excellent reputation in the goalie world, but is being severely outperformed in terms of save percentage (92.6%) by Chase, the backup 200 TPE goalie for Moscow and league leader in save % (96.4% save). And uh, yeah, it's probably just small sample size (3 games) but how is Chase so damn good?

Imagine Kallis having an excellent reputation after choking two last playoffs 131d31e24a401a462f6f0ab700e72eef.png?t=1Chase just got lucky in these games. Put him in the net more games - and his save % drops to sub 0.900.

4) TPE has recently been investigated as a performance enhancing drug. How much of the league do you think uses TPE on a regular basis?

I've heard Ryan Kastelic is a diehard TPE user, but idk. I can say on my behalf that my clients Kallis and Randoms are not doing this shit.

5) Morpheus of House Destructious, conqueror of ash, burner of bodies, king of obliteration, soul reaping demon of the nothing realm, etc. recently literally crushed a player's face with his fist. Is the VHL getting too violent?

I'm sorry, who? When he'll do the same in the big league, we can talk then. Or at least he can try to fuck someone up.

7) Some have voiced their concerns over the Brand Tournament not feeling very important. How would you fix it?

I don't even know how to fix it because I'm not feeling this tournament at all. So I'm too lazy to think about it. Or just do these things more often or don't do this at all.

2 TPE for these answers goes to Kallis.

I've heard Aron Nielsen sings like crazy. Especially when IGOR came out, he's putting this album on repeat like maafaka. Can't blame him for this though, this is a really nice album.

I'm not sure if I'm hating any of these VHL players. Maybe I have some rivalry against Pepper cause the same draft class goalies. But disliking though? I'm really not sure.

HHH and Hulk Hogan. brb I'm drafting Hogan to Riga.

1 TPE for these answers goes to Randoms.

Nothing. They’re a shite team who get lucky and should know that we are better.

STHS is a fickle thing, and I’ve seen it tank teams that are filled with stars. I’m calling it as a STHS thing. 

3) Kallis Kriketers has an excellent reputation in the goalie world, but is being severely outperformed in terms of save percentage (92.6%)

by Chase, the backup 200 TPE goalie for Moscow and league leader in save % (96.4% save). And uh, yeah, it's probably just small sample size (3 games) but how is Chase so damn good?

He plays the shite teams. End of question. 

Everybody uses the damn thing. It’s the worst-kept secret around the league that everybody juices. 

No. In fact, I want more violence. Let me fucking crush someone’s balls for fucks sake.

6) We found some loose dice and character sheets in the locker room. Who plays Dungeons & Dragons on the team?

Me. For all the tough guy bullshit I put on, I’m basically a nerd at heart. 

It’s fine as is. 

Aaltonen sings in broken English all the damn time when he showers. I love Mikko but it pisses me off. 

no one. I either like you or I want to fucking crush your balls.

You’ll never see Randoms and Kriketers without each other. They’re the two best Latvians in the league, and I think they’ve known each other for a very long time.

On 5/19/2019 at 5:24 PM, Renomitsu said:

Last day of the week! Here are some questions for this week (and next!):

1) Nighthawks are playing as a team, they dont have massive superstars but everyone is buying into the system, and Titans with the addition of Thompson have been really solid, excited to play vs them.
2) getting wrecked by the sim.
3) small sample size, so the stats dont mean anything in this situation, a starter > backup.
4) oh this thing is used DAILY. I heard it as a rumor when I first joined VHLM, but its true.
5) love me some violence, everyones too soft.
6) the vets for sure, I can see Edwin and Cast being big on it.

They are just capitalizing on their chances. I really don't think they will keep it up, they aren't as good as us on paper. Their goalie is playing lights out, he's great and all, but again, I don't think he can keep it up.

A big reason why they are so bad is because they drafted @Kylrad. He is really holding them back right now with only like 3 points in 40 games.

99% TBH. Only the inactive scrubs don't use this drug.

No one on our team, was probably some nerd from another team like Kylrad. 

Me for sure, but only to KPOP

Kylrad, can't stand the guy but I respect him as a player. He knows how to play the game of VHL and I'll always respect him for that.

Hey, you! Answer some questions.

1) The WJC teams have been selected - who are you rooting for if you're not on a team?

2) Who do you expect to show up & do well in the WJC? Will they win?

3) We've had a few recent losses, mostly OTLs, against the Titans. What are they doing better than us?

4) Malmo dropped from 2nd/3rd to 7th over the last couple of sims. Is this a bad set of sims, or is there something going on?

5) Most players/agents said the upcoming Season 67 draft class wouldn't be as large as S66's, saying S66 was a 'flash in the pan.' S67 currently (well, as of Friday) has 87 members that have earned TPE. Any new players you're excited to hear from in the future?

6) How much will the VHL need to expand (in a few seasons maybe) if S67 and S68 are comparable to S66? Are you worried about being taken away by an expansion team?

7) Do you follow any leagues outside the VHL? Are you buddies with any players we should know about?

8 ) Let's say the whole VHL is entered into a Hunger Games-style tournament. Who dies first, and who's alive at the end (can't choose yourself!)?

9) What's the most-played song on your Spotify/iTunes/Pandora at the moment?

10) You're in a battle for your life with the devil/grim reaper, and he says you can choose the game/contest you want to play to live. What is it, and why?

1) The WJC teams have been selected - who are you rooting for if you're not on a team?

Europe

2) Who do you expect to show up & do well in the WJC? Will they win?

Europe. I play for them. I will show up. I will lead the league in scoring. And we will win.

3) We've had a few recent losses, mostly OTLs, against the Titans. What are they doing better than us?

Luck. They got puck luck. We're better than them, and we'll show it in the next game.

4) Malmo dropped from 2nd/3rd to 7th over the last couple of sims. Is this a bad set of sims, or is there something going on?

Something is going on, and that is that their start was a fluke. We all know they are bad. These sims have shown it. 

5) Most players/agents said the upcoming Season 67 draft class wouldn't be as large as S66's, saying S66 was a 'flash in the pan.' S67 currently (well, as of Friday) has 87 members that have earned TPE. Any new players you're excited to hear from in the future?

My fellow countryman Bjorn Scoringsonn has been one of the top players in the VHLM and should be a top 5 pick.

6) How much will the VHL need to expand (in a few seasons maybe) if S67 and S68 are comparable to S66? Are you worried about being taken away by an expansion team?

I don't think they will, and if they do, I'm not worried. I want to play for Riga.

7) Do you follow any leagues outside the VHL? Are you buddies with any players we should know about?

I know Jakup Larsen from the now-defunct NSHL, went to school with Thor Sigurdsson, who plays in the miPBE, and looked up to RW Joseph Lombardi, a top 6 winger for Edmonton of the SHL.

8 ) Let's say the whole VHL is entered into a Hunger Games-style tournament. Who dies first, and who's alive at the end (can't choose yourself!)?

Hackett wins. The man has a very mean streak. I think Garcia dies first, cause he's a softie.

9) What's the most-played song on your Spotify/iTunes/Pandora at the moment?

Gloria by Laura Branigan.

10) You're in a battle for your life with the devil/grim reaper, and he says you can choose the game/contest you want to play to live. What is it, and why?

I play a rock-off like Tenacious D did in The Pick of Destiny and kick the devil's ass with my kick-ass acoustic guitar skills.