Riga Reign Press Conference

:rig:RIGA REIGN PRESS CONFERENCE:rig:

August 11th, 2023

1. How have you been spending the offseason so far?

2. How would you feel about entering the season 5/3 given the lack of availability on the market?

3.  Have you reached out to the newest member AK ?

4.  Have you been paying attention to the draft class? Riga has 4 picks in the first two rounds.

5. How do you feel about the Erik Karlsson NHL trade?

6. Are you ready for summer to be over yet?

chilling. imagine doing anything

2. How would you feel about entering the season 5/3 given the lack of availability on the market?

mehhh...likely gonna be another 6/3 and hoping simon like our offense more than dislikes our hole at defense

nahhh he mid. but he better have a Funk improvement season or else

4.  Have you been paying attention to the draft class? Riga has 4 picks in the first two rounds.

well, actually 5. Ye I assume I gotta pay some attention

I think I had same question last week lol. ye PITT is still trying I guess

uhhh....was the any summer actually? there's a reason I'm heading to Armenia next month

On 8/13/2023 at 6:09 AM, kelvi said:

August 11th, 2023

1. IRL I have been looking for a job but Larry has been training his ass off and looking to improve his numbers from last year.

2. I don't really think that would be a good idea but I'm assuming Hedge is trying to go 6/3 like last year.

3. Hello 👋

4. I look to see who was drafted hear and I think they will be great additions to this squad in a few seasons.

5. It looks like Pittsburg doesn't want to rebuild with Crosby (why would you) so they are just going to run with an old team till he retires.

6. No, not really. It went by faster than last year.

On 8/13/2023 at 2:09 PM, kelvi said:

August 11th, 2023

1 Really good, working a lot on my player, getting as much tpes as possible lol.

2 I mean, it could have been better, but hey it is still better than nothing.

3 Unfortunately no, but I will happly do so as soon as possible

4 Of course I have, I have been drafted by you guys.

5 I am really happy, I am a pens fan and finally my team is doing something good, all thanks to Dubas, of course we will not win the stanley cup right now, but hey, it is still a great start.

6 No, please no, I don't want to come back to school.

August 20th, 2023

1. Riga is starting this season with a shortened roster, how does the team feel about that? 

2. Has there been a focus on additional condition due to the extra ice time you're expected to get?

3.  What are you looking forward to the most heading into this season?

4.  We had 5 picks in the first two rounds - have you been in touch with any of our prospects yet ?@cLoWn@Matt thunder @WhiskyJack @DontCallMeCarson @leafsman

5. Do you think there's any exciting news to happen in the NHL between now and October?

6. Who is your pre-season pick to win the Stanley Cup this season?

1. Riga is starting this season with a shortened roster, how does the team feel about that? 

it's gonna be aight. there are some worse teams in EU outside of rebuilders

2. Has there been a focus on additional condition due to the extra ice time you're expected to get?

I mean...that's pretty much the question only for Kowalski and Marino

the season itself I guess. and the playoffs cause we're gonna be in it

4.  We had 5 picks in the first two rounds - have you been in touch with any of our prospects yet ?

yeah sure. being a GM does that thing

5. Do you think there's any exciting news to happen in the NHL between now and October?

ehhh? idk, not being in touch with NHL a lot as of late

the same thing as the answer to 5th q. not thinking much about this now

On 8/13/2023 at 1:09 PM, kelvi said:

August 11th, 2023

1. I've been enjoying life and training to get better, at the same time.
2. Like, it could be better but i guess it could be worse too.
3. Not yet, but Hello AK!
4. I absolutely have since I was one of the picks by you guys ahahah
5. Not gonna lie, I have no clue on this one.
6. OH HELL YEAH, I'm so done with the hot weather honestly.

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

it's gonna be aight. there are some worse teams in EU outside of rebuilders

2. Has there been a focus on additional condition due to the extra ice time you're expected to get?

I mean...that's pretty much the question only for Kowalski and Marino

the season itself I guess. and the playoffs cause we're gonna be in it

4.  We had 5 picks in the first two rounds - have you been in touch with any of our prospects yet ?

yeah sure. being a GM does that thing

ehhh? idk, not being in touch with NHL a lot as of late

the same thing as the answer to 5th q. not thinking much about this now

You gotta answer it as a player for now 😎

1. It's a bummer to not have as much help as we could and we'll see how much it hurts, but it will be cool to see maybe some extra playing time as the tradeoff.

2. Yes, absolutely. Gonna need to be skating much better as well as being physical for long periods of time so that will take a lot of work.

3. I really am just excited to see how St-Louis grows more as a player, she put up career highs last year and hopefully she can do it again.

4. I have not been, but I hope to be seeing a lot of them soon as they progress.

5. Not outside of the normal training camp/preseason buzz.

6. I am gonna have to go with the Stars, as much as I want to say Oilers or Hurricanes.

On 8/20/2023 at 8:06 AM, kelvi said:

August 20th, 2023

2. Has there been a focus on additional condition due to the extra ice time you're expected to get?

4.  We had 5 picks in the first two rounds - have you been in touch with any of our prospects yet ?@cLoWn@Matt thunder @WhiskyJack @DontCallMeCarson @leafsman

1. It's a bit nerve-racking, even though I think our team is very good, only having two D-man is going to be tough.

2. I am assuming you're asking about the two players on the point but to answer the question, Larry takes conditioning pretty seriously so he is always ready. 

3. Seeing how our team fares with just two D and just how we perform in general.

4. No, but Im excited to watch them grow and hopefully play together with them in the future.

5. No not really, just waiting to see if they post the names of the five players involved in the Hockey Canada scandal.

6. Edmonton Oilers (totally not biased lol).

On 8/20/2023 at 10:06 AM, kelvi said:

August 20th, 2023

1. yall gonna be just fine because i believe in u!!

2. well since im not exactly here just yet cant say. plus im not really getting much time

3. a new experience and new team

4. im obviously the best of the bunch because i am simply the goat and do not lose

5. probably, couldnt tell you what that would be however. still dont know a lot of shit around here

6. penguinssss i love the penguinss

On 8/20/2023 at 3:06 PM, kelvi said:

August 20th, 2023

1. I'm guessing it's a pretty unpleasant situation, but I know they'll do whatever they can to win their games.
2. Oh yeah 100%, extra ice time means having to train physical even more.
3. Mostly seeing how I do in a new team, and also my individual progress, I'm pretty excited.
4. I mean, aside from myself, I haven't yet, no.
5. I couldn't tell you, to be honest, really not up to date.
6. I have none.\

August 27th, 2023

1. Eight games in and Riga is tied for third in the EU conference, is this what you expected?

2. Almost every player is PPG, is this a sign of good chemistry or just some offensive luck?

3.  Would you say you're settled into the season or still have some rust to work off?

4.  How are you holding up with the shortened roster?

5. Does this NHL offseason feel a lot longer to you? It seems like now that the schedule is back on track after COVID its hard to adjust.

6. What NHL player is winning the MVP this year?

8 hours ago, kelvi said:

August 27th, 2023

1. Eight games in and Riga is tied for third in the EU conference, is this what you expected?

2. Almost every player is PPG, is this a sign of good chemistry or just some offensive luck?

3.  Would you say you're settled into the season or still have some rust to work off?

5. Does this NHL offseason feel a lot longer to you? It seems like now that the schedule is back on track after COVID its hard to adjust.

1 HELL YEAH, Riga is finally back and I couldn't be more happy

2 good chemistry I think, we have one of the best lockerooms of the league.

3 we will always have some rust to work off

4 I am not holding up to the roseer as I am still on the VHLM

5 Yeah I think that so, and we still have to months to go.

6 I am going to say Mcdavid, as always.

On 8/27/2023 at 7:19 AM, kelvi said:

August 27th, 2023

1. Yeah, even though I think we have a top team in the league, only having two D-man is going to hurt are record a bit.

2. It's a very good sign. Even though the first was off to a slow I think they will pick it up very soon. 

3. The only rust Larry has is not being as physical as last year.

4. It's been pretty good, just a bit more work on the defensive end.

5. It's always felt long. Where in the spot now where not much is happening and almost every team is ready to get rolling.

6. McDavid.

September 3rd, 2023

1. At the time of this presser Riga is at the top of the EU, what has been the main factor into this?

2. Have you seen team chemistry this good before with all players contributing to PPG aside from the rookie?

3.  The Frenchman has turned it around after some frustration stemming from his rough start. What do you think has helped him?

4.  Sadie is currently top 10 in points, do you think she can get to Top 5?

5. What would be your idea for theme week this season?

6. The NHL is talking about bringing back the World Cup of Hockey - would you watch?

On 9/3/2023 at 1:44 PM, kelvi said:

September 3rd, 2023

1. At the time of this presser Riga is at the top of the EU, what has been the main factor into this?

2. Have you seen team chemistry this good before with all players contributing to PPG aside from the rookie?

3.  The Frenchman has turned it around after some frustration stemming from his rough start. What do you think has helped him?

4.  Sadie is currently top 10 in points, do you think she can get to Top 5?

5. What would be your idea for theme week this season?

6. The NHL is talking about bringing back the World Cup of Hockey - would you watch?

1. Everyone is playing their role to perfection.

2. Not that I have seen.

3. He is using that frustration to fuel himself. It was also only a matter of time because this same situation happened last year.

4. With how everything is going right now I don't see why she wouldn't be able to get top 5.

5. No idea. Maybe best of all time? No idea if that has been done.

6. Yeah! This is what hockey fans have been asking for. Best vs. best hockey.

September 10th, 2023

1. We're at the exact halfway point of the season - how do you feel about your player's performance?

2.  Riga has fallen a couple spots in the standings - has the fatigue set in with a limited roster?

3.  What type of defensemen are you hoping to have added to the roster before the trade deadline?

4.  Seven of eight players are still at PPG - do you believe this will stay for the entire season?

5. What are your thoughts on the VHLE changing to six teams?

6. NFL started today - are you watching? If so, who is your favorite team?

1 hour ago, kelvi said:

September 10th, 2023

1. We're at the exact halfway point of the season - how do you feel about your player's performance?

2.  Riga has fallen a couple spots in the standings - has the fatigue set in with a limited roster?

3.  What type of defensemen are you hoping to have added to the roster before the trade deadline?

4.  Seven of eight players are still at PPG - do you believe this will stay for the entire season?

1. AK's fine. Couldve been better point wise maybe, but we're in slump a bit now.

2. Looks like so. And sths likes us at the end more anyways.

3. Someone who can defend really well

4. Certainly a chance. If our annual end of the season push happens, yeah why not then

5. Gave Vasteras a headache with having 245 forwards and 143 defs before the season. But yeah maybe thats the way.

6. Not really watching, but anyone not Chiefs are fine with me

1. I am really pleasantly surprised by St-Louis, she is absolutely exceeding my expectations and hopefully that keeps up!

2. I think it was a lot of bad luck, we lost quite a few one goal games in that slide but yeah fatigue is probably a factor. We tend to bounce back when it is time for a playoff push though so be on the lookout for that.

3. A defensive defenseman- we really need to limit the scoring against us because thats a huge area of inconsistency.

4. Really hoping so, we need that kind of consistency for the playoffs! It is going to be different this year than in years past I hope.

5. I think it definitely will be a benefit and we will be able to see better and more competitive teams.

6. I am strangely a Browns/Steelers fan, so today was halfway amazing and halfway horrific. I did watch a lot of football.

On 9/10/2023 at 12:48 PM, kelvi said:

September 10th, 2023

1. I was pretty happy during the first 20 or so games but as of late I'm a little bit disappointed.

2. Yes and we got unlucky with the sim.

3. A shutdown guy.

4. Well it is currently only 6 players as Larry has fallen under a ppg but I believe that he can make a push and end with a ppg season.

5. It very well could make the league more interesting.

6. Not really, but the Texans and Packers are cool.

September 17th, 2023

1. Prague has 79 points at this moment with Riga 61 - do you think there's a chance of catching up to them?

2.  Do you feel comfortable about a playoff spot  yet? We're currently 16 points up on the 6th place Malmo.

3.  The trade deadline is tomorrow - have you ever been traded in the deadline before?

4.  Sadie currently has 26 goals, how many will she finish with by the end of the year?

5. What has been your favorite moment of the season so far?

6. Do you think Connor Bedard will win rookie of the year in the NHL?

6 hours ago, kelvi said:

September 17th, 2023

1. Prague has 79 points at this moment with Riga 61 - do you think there's a chance of catching up to them?

2.  Do you feel comfortable about a playoff spot  yet? We're currently 16 points up on the 6th place Malmo.

3.  The trade deadline is tomorrow - have you ever been traded in the deadline before?

4.  Sadie currently has 26 goals, how many will she finish with by the end of the year?

1. Probably not. I'd rather see us just being consistent at this point

2. Yeah I think this shouldnt be much of a problem 

3. I dont even remember ngl. Maybe with Klamasteris from TOR to CGY idk

4. Close to 40 for sure. Maybe even bit over that mark.

5. The times when we were scoring a lot before that stupid slump

6. Not even sure, didnt watch him play so far

1. I don't really think we have a chance at catching Prague at this point being 18 point behind, but you never know.

2. I am confident we will make the playoffs, given that Riga tends to turn it up a bit at the end of the season.

3. I have never been traded anywhere ever, I am happy to say!

4. I am going to shoot high and say 40 goals, I hope I end up getting at least 35 to set a new career-high though!

5. My favorite moment has been my 6 point game I will have to say. No better way to start the season than with the best game of your life!

6. I do think he will, even if it is somewhat close they will regardless give it to him and the only one I think will really challenge Bedard for it is Devon Levi.

On 9/17/2023 at 8:00 AM, kelvi said:

September 17th, 2023

1. Probably not.

2. I feel pretty confident that we will finish with a playoff spot.

3. Never been traded at the deadline but have been traded in the off-season.

4. I think she could very well reach 35-40.

5. The strong start to the season we had.

6. Unless he gets injured then he will most likely win.