Riga Reign Press Conference

1. How's the start of the season going for your player? Very good, I'm 4th in points for defensemen and on pace to shatter my career high.

2. What do you think is Riga's biggest need is at this point? We badly need a defenseman, Cheese is still kind of green and we only have 3 guys.

3.  Heading into the second season with it - are you a fan of the new meta? There isn't a well known meta yet. I don't think anyone has found it or will for a long time.

4. If Riga had to have a company logo on it, what would you pick to have on it? Arizona Iced Tea, great company.

5. NHL Draft is this week - tell me the top three picks in order. I would've said Wright, Cooley, Slafkovsky. It is wild that two Slovaks went first and second in reality.

:rig:RIGA REIGN PRESS CONFERENCE:rig:

July 10th, 2022

1. How are you finding the phone app for the VHL?

2. Do you think any players on Riga can win any awards this season?

3.  Riga is currently third in the conference, is this what you expected heading into the season?

4. If Riga were to have a mascot, what would its name be?

5. NHL Free Agency is this week, where will the following players end up?

a) Darcy Kuemper

b) Evgeny Malkin

c) Jack Campbell

d) PK Subban

e) Phil Kessel

f) John Klingberg

6. On top of the NHL Free Agents, there are also trade candidates - where will the following end up?

a) John Gibson

b) Cam Talbot

c) Matt Murray

d) Jesse Puljujarvi

e) Patrick Kane

Edited by kelvi

2 hours ago, kelvi said:

July 10th, 2022

2. Do you think any players on Riga can win any awards this season?

3.  Riga is currently third in the conference, is this what you expected heading into the season?

4. If Riga were to have a mascot, what would its name be?

a) Darcy Kuemper

b) Evgeny Malkin

c) Jack Campbell

d) PK Subban

e) Phil Kessel

f) John Klingberg

1. I used it at first but kinda forgot about it and usually just use my browser.  I like it for game notifications though.

2. Yeah Miklavz and Johnston are on a nice little path to being in some award consideration.

3. Yeah, 3rd seems about right for Riga considering you started with 3 D instead of 4 and had some cap stuff to work out.

4. Lionel the Lion or "Hedge"

a) Edmonton

b) Pittsburgh

c) New Jersey

d) LA

e) Nashville

f) Long Island

• Ummm, theres a phone app, who knew?  When VHL’ing on my phone, I’m simply using the web browser.
  1. Do you think any players on Riga can win any awards this season?
  • Yes, all of us when we win the championship, that’s the goal, right?  Alex Johnston may be able to notch some personal hardware though.
  1. Riga is currently third in the conference, is this what you expected heading into the season?
  • Pretty close, the scoring has been tough this season.  I don’t recall a season where I didn’t average at least 1 point per game and I’m below that this season.  The struggle is real bro!
  1. If Riga were to have a mascot, what would its name be?
  • “The Reign Man” of course. 
  1. NHL Free Agency is this week, where will the following players end up?

a) Darcy Kuemper – Toronto

b) Evgeny Malkin – Seattle

c) Jack Campbell – who?

d) PK Subban – will retire

e) Phil Kessel – anywhere they have good hot dogs!  😊

f) John Klingberg - Florida

1. On top of the NHL Free Agents, there are also trade candidates - where will the following end up?

a) John Gibson – San Jose, they like bad contracts

b) Cam Talbot – Toronto if Kuemper doesn’t go there.  If not TOR, trade em to Dallas so they can have all of the Wilds cancers in one locker room (suter)

c) Matt Murray – he’s still around, probably Washington for a bag of pucks

d) Jesse Puljujarvi – Nashville

e) Patrick Kane – either of the New York teams or possibly LA if Chi was to take on part of the salary, boy is Chicago a mess, literally tanking.

1075050500_DK21.thumb.JPG.f65fab859b756a0c2670745ea0c82f92.JPG

It’s a cool thing to have for sure, but I’ve continued to use the browser version for the most part as it is easier on a laptop.

2. Do you think any players on Riga can win any awards this season?  Miklavz, Johnston and Cheese have been tearing it up, definitely in the running for Szatkowski, Campbell, Slobo and in the case of Cheese, Labatte.

3.  Riga is currently third in the conference, is this what you expected heading into the season? Now that we have a fourth defender we can climb for sure, we are in a playoff spot though so where I expected we’d be.

4. If Riga were to have a mascot, what would its name be? Larry the Lion? 

Half are already decided, but the other three I’ll do:

a) Darcy Kuemper - WSH

b) Evgeny Malkin - PIT

c) Jack Campbell - EDM

d) PK Subban - DAL

e) Phil Kessel - NYI

f) John Klingberg - WPG

6. On top of the NHL Free Agents, there are also trade candidates - where will the following end up?

a) John Gibson - PIT or STL?

b) Cam Talbot - OTT

c) Matt Murray - TOR

d) Jesse Puljujarvi - CBJ

e) Patrick Kane - NYR

July 17th, 2022

1. How is your player doing halfway through the season?

2. How is your summer coming along IRL?

3.  COVID seems to be picking up again with the new variant, do you expect the team to put any health measures in place?

4. Who has been the most surprising player of the season?

5. How are your Prediction Points lining up with actual events of the season?

6. What team outside of Riga has the biggest shot at winning it all?

Edited July 11 by kelvi

4 hours ago, kelvi said:

July 17th, 2022

I am in the top 10 in points so I have no complaints.

It's been pretty uneventful so far, I've been to a graduation and that's about it.

3.  COVID seems to be picking up again with the new variant, do you expect the team to put any health measures in place?

I hope not, I'm pretty tired of those.

Probably my player if we're talking about Riga specifically. I don't think anyone expected him to be doing that well.

I have no idea. I think I picked a lot of Moscow players so so far so good I think.

Probably Moscow, it would also be good for my prediction TPE.

Edited July 11 by kelvi

1. How is your player doing hallway thru the season?
  • Solid season, averaging just over 1pt per game.  Kinda interesting, on pace for same amount of shots for the season but only 25% of the goals I tallied in S82.  Must need to recalibrate my stick.
  1. How is your summer coming along IRL? 
  • IRL, summer has been good, lots of get togethers, hasn’t been overwhelmingly hot and have been able to play a fair amount hockey.  Good stuff
  1. COVID seems to be picking up again with the new variant, do you expect the team to put any health measures in place?
  • Yes, my expectation is we need to do what keeps the team/players healthy. 
  1. Who has been the most surprising player of the season?
  • I would say myself, kinda down on the productivity compared with players with similar builds and skills.  Would like to see a hot streak thru the end of the season but my hopes aren’t real high, we’ll see.
  1. How are your prediction points lining up with actual events of the season?
  • I seem to really stink at this opportunity, lol.  2 tpe is the most I’ve received at any point.  So if you want to win, pick the opposite I selected, ha.
  1. What team outside of Riga has the biggest shot at winning it all?
  • Moscow just seems really tough, they are deep and just seem to be rolling.  They will be a tough out in the playoffs.

1519904176_DK30.PNG.33e72347c84d1dc4ff80ae7307494f76.PNG

Wanted for some more, but it's E league so whatever

It's aight events wise. As for weather, I'm not satisfied.

No masks/vaccines/safety whatsoever. Then every other team is contracting the illness from us so when we're getting well again we will become champs by default as the only healthy team.

Not paying much attention outside of Riga, so let's say Cheese having a breakout year.

I have no idea. we shall see when the time comes

Honestly, if Moscow once again chokes with their current form. Spartan needs to be banned for that.

July 24th, 2022

1.  Based on the season so far, how confident are you that we can make it to the final this time?

2. We are currently in a big slump with the scoring drying up, what do you think is needed to change to help get a run going?

3.  Who has been the biggest leader in the locker room this season?

4. Any idea on what you'd want to do with your next player?

5. How has your summer ben going IRL, any cool vacations?

6. Can you provide ma  decent question to ask in the next presser?

1.  Based on the season so far, how confident are you that we can make it to the final this time?

I have no idea. kinda eh chances if we're gonna continue to bottle the scoring

2. We are currently in a big slump with the scoring drying up, what do you think is needed to change to help get a run going?

Maybe some trade? speaking of which....

3.  Who has been the biggest leader in the locker room this season?

Tobias Reinhart and Alexandre Leduc

4. Any idea on what you'd want to do with your next player?

idk I need to figure it out something with AK first though

5. How has your summer ben going IRL, any cool vacations?

it's kinda aight. could've been better with a better weather you know. prolly still gonna visit my cousin in Tallinn cause why not

6. Can you provide ma  decent question to ask in the next presser?

why it is so hard to come up with a decent question?

1. 1. Based on the season so far, how confident are you that we can make it to the final this time?

A:  I’m more concerned with making the playoffs period, let alone the finals, ugh

1. 2. We are currently in a big slump with the scoring drying up, what do you think is needed to change to help get a run going?

A:  A trade may help, maybe kicking STHS in the teeth might help, ultimately, players need to play better

1. 3. Who has been the biggest leader in the locker room this season?

A:  I’m going with Spaz, he is always active and more than willing to share his thoughts

1. 4. Any idea on what you'd want to do with your next player?

A:  Not sure, I may be a one and done, not being a fan of STHS kinda takes away from the thrill of randomness.

1. 5. How has your summer ben going IRL, any cool vacations?

A:  Summer has been great, good weather, a little to dry, need some rain, have had some great outings and connections with friends I haven’t seen in a                             while.

1. 6. Can you provide ma  decent question to ask in the next presser?

A:  Yeah sure, how about…. With the prospect of possibly not making the playoffs, what do think should be the direction of the team: gut it, trade                                       everyone for draft picks, swing for the stars and hope for the best or contract the franchise?

1427426500_DK23.JPG.f70557616de12fe4c59cdc7e2ffe0f96.JPG

1.  Based on the season so far, how confident are you that we can make it to the final this time? We are looking to be a wildcard team so not that confident.

2. We are currently in a big slump with the scoring drying up, what do you think is needed to change to help get a run going? Maybe we need to shake up the lines a bit.

3.  Who has been the biggest leader in the locker room this season? Probably Tobias Reinhart, he always seems to be around.

4. Any idea on what you'd want to do with your next player? No idea yet, that's still a long way away.

5. How has your summer ben going IRL, any cool vacations? I am going to a carnival this weekend but nothing too major.

6. Can you provide ma  decent question to ask in the next presser? Do you prefer the old Riga logo or the new one?

July 31st, 2022

1.  What's the vibe heading into the playoff home stretch?

2. This is the last week of the season, what have you learned the most this year?

3.  What do you think is the big reason for the VHL having such a long lasting history of 15 years?

4. What's a sport or game that you think would be fun as a sim league (other than hockey)?

5. What TV show are you watching right now (if you watch tv)?

6. (from hedge) Why is it so hard to make up a decent question?

12 hours ago, kelvi said:

July 31st, 2022

2. This is the last week of the season, what have you learned the most this year?

3.  What do you think is the big reason for the VHL having such a long lasting history of 15 years?

4. What's a sport or game that you think would be fun as a sim league (other than hockey)?

1. I have no idea how we're going to do, it's a big question mark right now.

2. I probably should've updated more in the past, but my player seems to be doing well regardless.

3. Mostly the builders. Even when the VHL had rough times there was usually one guy that would put in the work.

4. I don't have any interest in joining another sim league again so my opinion doesn't really matter.

5. I don't watch TV shows. The last one I watched from start to finish was Squid Game. Before that I tried watching The Walking Dead since I love the comics, but it declined in quality and I never finished it.

6. It's hard enough to come up with things to talk about to begin with. After weeks on end of coming up with questions it gets hard to make pressers without feeling like you're recycling old material. Coming from experience as an AGM.

Edited by a_Ferk

1. Whats the vibe heading into the playoff home stretch?
  • I think the vibe is good, we seem to getting hot at the right time of the season, I think the trade made an immediate impact as well.
  1. This the last week of the season, what have you learned the most this year?
  • I’ve learned that as a seasoned vetran player, you need to fight thru the stretches of the season where things may not go your way.
  1. What do you think is the big reason for the VHL having such a long lasting history of 15 years?
  • The folks leading the way especially the GM’s of the teams really make it work for everyone, I appreciate their time and dedication
  1. Whats a sport or game that you think would be fun as a sim league other than hockey?
  • UFC might be kinda fun, depending on what kind of fighter you build could be interesting.  It’s possible meta would not be in play, but who knows?
  1. What TV show are you watching right now?
  • The Old Man is a great show, I recommend it to everyone
  1. Why is it so hard to make up a decent question?
  • Asking a good, tough question and being willing to accept the answers is tough!218830611_DK26.thumb.JPG.4bd5a6b8409b95e85a122164c23ccdd6.JPG

gotta agree Ferk, questions all over the place

That I don't like Prague

Members having enough dedication to keep this alive

idk, never really thought about it and tbh I dont even have an idea

not watching anything

it's hard to come up with a decent answer as well it seems, big sad

• 2 weeks later...

1. Rebuild or nah?

2. Are you checking playoff games now?

3. I'm out of the loop for the past week or two. anything interesting happened in vhl as of late?

4. seriously, am I the only one who has a feeling vhl gen discord is more quiet than before?

5. The fall is a month away already. hype or nah?

6. what's your dream concert? [question inspired by Spaz in MGK tour]

On 8/11/2022 at 4:53 PM, hedgehog337 said:

1. Rebuild or nah?

The core is old, may be time for a bit of a retool on the roster. Been a good run :)

2. Are you checking playoff games now?

Not a chance, I care only for the Riga Reign. 

3. I'm out of the loop for the past week or two. anything interesting happened in vhl as of late?

I am also out of the loop, but as far as I can tell there's been nothing going on. Typical summer activity of the league. 

4. seriously, am I the only one who has a feeling vhl gen discord is more quiet than before?

Probably the summer stuff going on, I honestly haven't been checking it myself because it's a little too distracting from work. 

5. The fall is a month away already. hype or nah?

am very hype for the good sports to be back on television.

6. what's your dream concert? [question inspired by Spaz in MGK tour]

I would really love to see Ye live, but he's just getting weirder and weirder. Tom Delonge is reportedly back in Blink so I'm going to try to see them when they tour. 

1. Cider or beer?

2. have you gotten some sun tan?

3. your reaction on earlier statement from Johnston on testing FA?

4. a certain member mentioned that Riga had no emotions anymore before the series against Davos. do you agree with this statement?

5. do you wanna see Istanbul winning in E?

6. do you feel Ruutu's medias became less controversial?

1.Cider or beer?

- Definitely beer for me, really like a good IPA, Ciders aren’t bad, just not my thing

- some sun, been working out in they landscaping the past couple weeks.

- Who’s Johnston?  j/k   are we talking about testing FA to bring in talent or rebuild.  I pretty much play for a new team each season so I know the drill

4. a certain member mentioned that Riga had no emotions anymore before the series against Davos. do you agree with this statement?

- not sure what ya mean here?  So I’ll go with no,  maybe to your point, I had more emotions towards losing than playing in the first round.

- would prefer to Cologne win since I’m an alum, but yeah I’m down with Istanbul winning it all at the “E”

- please crank the media controversy up to 10!!!!

DK#32.PNG

1. Cider or beer?

Cider can be too sweet for me so I guess I'll go with beer.

I have some on my arms - haven't really gotten outside enough for a ran this summer. 

If the plan is to rebuild it makes sense for some of the older folk to try and have a shot at winning. 

No I think the core just has been burnt out really. We tried our best and it really just came down to a few bounced.

Yea only because I think their team name, logo and colors are very cool.

Meh - I don't really read them that much but I'd be surprised if I don't stumble across one in the future. 

August 22nd , 2022

1. What do you think the future holds for the Riga Reign after this season?

2. Who is your favorite prospect in this season's draft?

3.  Riga is considering a new win song for next season, what would be your pick?

4. Warsaw slayed the Moscow dragon after their dominance - what do you think was the biggest difference?

5. Did you watch the WJC tournament at all?

6. Pizza or Nachos

Only me really knows the answer bwahahahaaaaa.....and likely lots of others too

2. Who is your favorite prospect in this season's draft?

didn't pay lots of attention to it, but aimkin and Reid are goood first gens

3.  Riga is considering a new win song for next season, what would be your pick?

if you aint from my hood by project pat

4. Warsaw slayed the Moscow dragon after their dominance - what do you think was the biggest difference?

I have no idea cause I checked 0 games in playoffs after Riga

5. Did you watch the WJC tournament at all?

No. just no.

6. Pizza or Nachos

'pizza all day all night long

• That’s a management decision, I’m here to play to the best of my ability regardless of whoever is here.
  1. Whos you favorite prospect in this seasons draft?
  • Ricky Ridonkulous, really, I have no idea, I’m focused on getting ready for the upcoming season, could care less about some noobs…ha
  1. Riga is considering a new win song for next season, what would be your pick?
  • Demolisher by Slaughter to Prevail if we win & Dying Song by Slipknot if we lose!
  1. Warsaw slayed the Moscow dragon after their dominance – what do you think was the biggest difference?
  • They are a bunch of cheaters, even in the handshake line. 
  1. Did you watch the WJC tournament at all?
  • Yes, a few games, some great up and coming talent to watch
  1. Pizza or Nachos
  • Pizza all day long.  Breakfast lunch or dinner, cold or warm, can’t go wrong.1427426500_DK23.JPG.f70557616de12fe4c59cdc7e2ffe0f96.JPG