Riga Reign Press Conference

1. How do you feel about Riga's start so far in the wildcard zone?

2. Do you have all your rust shaken off from the offseason at this point?

3.  Newly signed Brian Kowalski is off to a hot start as the team's leading scorer. How has he fit in so well with the DR?

4.  Do you think you need a 4th defensemen to make this team a contender?

5. Name an NHL player that will surprisingly get traded this week (and why).

6. Where do you think Matvei Mitchkov is going in this draft? I think he's going to be elite

1. I am happy that we have been considerably more fortunate than the beginning of last season- we should be poised for a nice run this year.

2. I am starting to shake it off now, but there is absolutely more production to be had from St-Louis on a Riga team that has been scoring a good amount of goals.

3. He is always in on the play, making everyone around him better which is why he has had the insane and deserved production he's had.

4. I do think we should go for a 4th dman because come playoff time we may be outmatched by depth.

5. I think Carter Hart could just be traded out of the blue one of these days so I'm keeping an eye out for that.

6. He deserves to go 2nd. I think he will go 4th to San Jose. I hope and pray he falls to the Habs at 5 and that they actually take him.

On 6/25/2023 at 2:27 AM, kelvi said:

:rig:RIGA REIGN PRESS CONFERENCE:rig:

June 24h, 2023

1. How do you feel about Riga's start so far in the wildcard zone?

2. Do you have all your rust shaken off from the offseason at this point?

3.  Newly signed Brian Kowalski is off to a hot start as the team's leading scorer. How has he fit in so well with the DR?

4.  Do you think you need a 4th defensemen to make this team a contender?

5. Name an NHL player that will surprisingly get traded this week (and why).

6. Where do you think Matvei Mitchkov is going in this draft? I think he's going to be elite

1 Really good, it is always good to see your favorite team back where it belongs

2 I just vreated my player so i think I have 0 rust as far as now

3 I just think that having Brian Kowalski is a great add to the team, if the team is in this actual place is also thanks to him.

4 As an ex defender, I do think so, but if the team is still winning, why should we break the balance?

5 Jeff Carter, too old for pitt, I think he won't fit in the dream team of Dubas.

6 Well the draft has already passed, but I can say that you were right with your idea.

Edited by Matt thunder

1. Looks like we fixed out defense...just to slow down offensively. do we need to buy a consistency at the trade deadline or some?

2. your Riga MVP so far?

3. Which team has surprised you so far?

4. Try to guess what the topic of the theme week gonna be this time.

5. Any excitement for the theme week/trade deadline at all?

6. Hows the NHL free agency going for your fav team?

1. Looks like we fixed out defense...just to slow down offensively. do we need to buy a consistency at the trade deadline or some?

id say we wait it out a bit longer to see if we get both d and offense clicking at the same time. Regardless tho I think it’s always good to add at the deadline to give your team the best chance to win.

2. your Riga MVP so far?

Henry Tucker Jr - best goalie in the league and we’d be nowhere without him. 

I really thought the Legion would have a big jump this year but it hasn’t happened. 

Pick a Sport - do a graphic or media spot on your player if he were to play another sport. 

5. Any excitement for the theme week/trade deadline at all?

I like the double TPE and it’s always nice to seee the topic we think of 

6. Hows the NHL free agency going for your fav team?

leafs got Bertuzzi and I’m happy about that. 

1. We need to get more offense I think, and hope that for the playoffs we can show up.

2. I have to say the Frenchman has come up huge.

3. Helsinki I thought would be higher in the standings by now.

4. Maybe it will be based on Hall of Fame this time.

5. Yes, I want to see what Riga will do.

6. It's not too exciting for the Habs, mainly waiting this out to see what depth players we might sign.

On 7/2/2023 at 3:42 PM, hedgehog337 said:

2. your Riga MVP so far?

5. Any excitement for the theme week/trade deadline at all?

6. Hows the NHL free agency going for your fav team?

1. We definitely need more offense. I don't think it's a matter of getting someone else, it's just that the sim is not our friend. In some games, we outshoot are opponents 50-30 but only win by one goal.

2. Would have to be Brian Kowalski or The Frenchman.

3. Helsinki, you would think that they would be doing better than they are.

4. Wellllll, I think it would be cheating if I said it.

5. I will try and make a graphic.

6. Just some AHL/depth guys, with the exception of signing Conner Brown.

1. We back with the fixed up offense...and more or less decent defending too! Are we ready to win it all now?

2. do you think the team needs anything in the trade deadline?

3. do you think any of team member gonna win an award or two?

4. did you like the topic of the theme week?

5. was it easy to come up with an idea for theme week PT?

6. hows the summer going on so far?

1. We back with the fixed up offense...and more or less decent defending too! Are we ready to win it all now?

Finally love to see this team turn it around and make a run. As long as we can stay consistent we should be fine.

I honestly don't think so - seems like this team is clicking and wouldn't want to ruin the chemistry.

Kowalski is leading in shots blocked and his 3rd in points - I can easily see him winning best defensemen.

Meh - it seems like they are out of ideas but I made an easy graphic for 12 TPE so no complaints :)

yeah I had it turned around and posted pretty quick.

not bad at all. Just bought a house so just continuously buying stuff for it. 

1. I really do think Riga can contend to win it all, will be tough to get past davos though

2. Honestly it seems to be going well right now, just need to keep doing exactly what we are doing. 

3. I think the production from Brian Kowalski is too much to ignore, could be in position for an award

4. I think it is very interesting, good to see all the ideas from members

5. I had a little bit of trouble but enjoyable nonetheless

6. decently, it's been too hot for me but I like the free time I've had

22 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

1.  It would be better if we were doing well on both ends of the ice but nothing is perfect and I do think we have what it takes to win it all.

2. Probably a fourth defenseman but what can you really do with limited cap space.

3. Brian Kowalski has a pretty good chance at winning one of the defense awards.

4. It wasn't my favorite.

5. I wasn't able to come up with anything.

6. It's been alright.

1. Things getting better slowly. 4 points above the wildcard spot as of this moment. Do you think there's a particular reason for that?

2. Kowalski is on pace to sweep all defensive awards. Can he do it?

3. Also can he win the Funk award (most impoved player)?

4. Can Abass Jr. put up some more points to fight for the Boulet award (best two way forward)?

5. Can we reach 40 or more wins before reg season ends?

6. I've heard some wildfires/tornadoes happening in NA region as of late. Is it calm where you're living right now?

1. We're really settling in now, I think its just figuring out the lines at the right time.

2. He absolutely can, and I hope he does.

3. It's got to be between him and Vincent Laroche-Gagnier for me.

4. Abass should hit enough points to be nominated in my opinion- its just an insane amount of hits.

5. I believe in us, we've been pulling all year and it's finally coming together.

6. Vermont is flooding horribly so that's not fun, but thankfully no fire or tornado.

On 7/16/2023 at 1:43 PM, hedgehog337 said:

1. Things getting better slowly. 4 points above the wildcard spot as of this moment. Do you think there's a particular reason for that?

2. Kowalski is on pace to sweep all defensive awards. Can he do it?

3. Also can he win the Funk award (most impoved player)?

4. Can Abass Jr. put up some more points to fight for the Boulet award (best two way forward)?

5. Can we reach 40 or more wins before reg season ends?

6. I've heard some wildfires/tornadoes happening in NA region as of late. Is it calm where you're living right now?

1. We are scoring and shutting down other tough teams. Hopefully, this can continue into the playoffs.

2. Hell ya, he has been playing out of mind all season on both ends of the ice.

3. There's a good chance that he can.

4. He better lol. He has slowed down in the points category but has continued his hitting spree. Let's just hope that the points won't affect his chances of being nominated/winning the award.

5. 4 wins in 8 games is absolutely achievable. 

6. In the province I live in there are currently around 120 or so wildfires happening, thankfully there are none close to where I live. 

July 23rd, 2023

1. Yay Playoffs! How's everyone feeling heading into the first round?

2. Playing against Davos all season, what do you think is their primary weakness and how can Riga exploit it?

3.  Who has been the unsung hero of this team down the stretch when contending for a playoff spot?

4.  What's the pre-game routine now for the postseason?

5. We're in the dog days of the NHL offseason - what's going to be the biggest news between now and September?

6. Any TV shows your watching?

finally not a wildcard

2. Playing against Davos all season, what do you think is their primary weakness and how can Riga exploit it?

more like trying to capitalize on our first line strength

3.  Who has been the unsung hero of this team down the stretch when contending for a playoff spot?

Sadie with that +28 looks cool. tbh cant really name one player right from the spot. Everyone did their job

I'll let the team be them. and AK never made the playoffs

5. We're in the dog days of the NHL offseason - what's going to be the biggest news between now and September?

Erik Karlsson actually being traded

Nope. matter of fact, very rarely watching TV in general

1. Really positive, think the end of the season showed we can beat Davos.

2. I think their consistency is their weakness, even if they get a lead I think we can come back.

3. I think I have to say Larry Abass who is just an absolute force and does so much on the physical side.

4. There still isn't one, they will not work against Davos.

5. Probably someone with an offseason injury.

6. There surprisingly aren't right now.

On 7/23/2023 at 6:26 AM, kelvi said:

July 23rd, 2023

1. Feeling great! Ready to show everyone what we got.

2. They are definitely stacked from head to toe but I think are physicality will be a problem for them to handle and this will lead us to win more puck battles.

3. In my opinion it's not just one individual player but the trio of Sadie St-Louis, The Frenchman, and Brian Kowalski. They were a big reason why we went on those big win streaks to end the season.

4. Well he will just continue what he did all season. He will start by stretching/warming up by himself and then joining the team later on.

5. If the Edmonton Oilers are able to sign both McLeod and Bouchard.

6. No, I only really watch Hockey and Basketball.

1. That was disappointing. What happened after game 1? 

2. Do you think having only 3 defenseman screwed us at the end?

3. We have good amount of picks for this draft. What'd you do - sell em all for stars or keep all of them for drafting?

4. Were you surprised by NYA making the conference finals?

5. Daniel Clarke is retiring after this season. Say something nice about him please. 

6. Do you watch women's football world cup?

1. We just stopped scoring, opposing goalie turned it up.

2. I do think that factored in, probably just fatigue really hurt us at the end.

3. I think we shouldn’t sell them all but we should really try to contend next year and if that means buying players with those picks than yeah we should.

4. Oh it’s very surprising but I was also surprised at the London season; someone always catches fire.

5. Awesome player and awesome presence in the locker room as well as a Habs fan. Will miss him on Riga

6. Oh yes I do, hoping for Canada to not be eliminated today.

On 7/30/2023 at 1:07 PM, hedgehog337 said:

1. That was disappointing. What happened after game 1? 

2. Do you think having only 3 defenseman screwed us at the end?

3. We have good amount of picks for this draft. What'd you do - sell em all for stars or keep all of them for drafting?

4. Were you surprised by NYA making the conference finals?

5. Daniel Clarke is retiring after this season. Say something nice about him please. 

6. Do you watch women's football world cup?

1. We stoped scoring. The sim was not kind to us.

2. I don't think that was the biggest factor but it definitely hurt us in the long run. 

3. We definitely have the team that will continue to compete for the championship for the next few years, so depending on what position of picks we have, the players in these positions, and the players you could potentially receive in a trade. So honestly I don't know.

4. I was surprised because they didn't finish high in the standings.

5. A great locker room chatter and I wish them the best in retirement.

6. Not much, mainly just saw highlights.

1. So Davos eventually became the champs. does that makes you less sad now that ''we lost to champs''?

2. a trade alert! lets give a welcome AK to I guess....

3. do you think this playoffs went pretty quick?

4. anything you look forward in this offseason?

5. a huge GM turnover in this offseason. Do you think GM'ing here is hard and leads to a burnout?

6. Erik Karlsson indeed got traded. Your opinion on that trade?

. So Davos eventually became the champs. does that makes you less sad now that ''we lost to champs''?

No it makes me more confident in next year that we can finally end the drought. 

A very familiar face that will help us take the next step. Nothing wrong with another veteran.

Yea I do - especially since Riga got eliminated. No complaints though. 

The draft - we have 4 picks in the first two rounds. A great little compliment to a pretty solid core ready to win.

5. a huge GM turnover in this offseason. Do you think GM'ing here is hard and leads to a burnout?

Yea I really think it does. Only a couple people here built different to keep going for a while :)

I think the Pens are maximizing the window they have, but not sure if it makes them a contender. Those guys are old and injury prone - will be intersting.

I'm not actually on this team but I made the thread 4 years ago, so I'm going to answer some questions boss 😂

1. So Davos eventually became the champs. does that makes you less sad now that ''we lost to champs''?

It doesn't make me less sad since I guess I wasn't that sad to begin with. But uh... Davos is allowed to win? Huh???

2. A trade alert! lets give a welcome AK to I guess....

Hi AK! Welcome to the team (that I was on 4 years ago but am not currently on)!

3. Do you think this playoffs went pretty quick?

I feel like they always just kinda fly by, especially in the seasons where I haven't had a player. They felt a lot longer when I had Hackett and Dear.

4. Anything you look forward in this offseason?

The VHLE Draft, of course! And eventually the VHL draft. We'll see how things pan out, maybe I'll end up here again 👀

5. A huge GM turnover in this offseason. Do you think GM'ing here is hard and leads to a burnout?

I do think it's hard, and it's even tougher now that there are slightly fewer members (post-pandemic drop) so GMs have to push that much harder to make a splash for impactful players.

No opinion. We'll see how it pans out, was this something that was being debated for a while?

1. No, I am happy for players on Davos but I am not less disappointed in our exit, we definitely could have beaten them.

2. Welcome AK! Happy to have you on the team

3. I do, it seemed to go by much faster than it normally does.

4. I do enjoy awards and following the offseason tournaments, I do think this league provides enough content to keep me interested in the offseason as well.

5. Oh I imagine it definitely is. It's hard to be super active and having a responsibility to a team makes it a bit tougher.

6. Yay Habs got Petry back but also not yay because of the salary cap. i will miss rem pitlick.

On 8/6/2023 at 3:08 PM, hedgehog337 said:

1. No, it's never fun losing in the playoffs, but This makes me more confident in our team's ability because every game we lost against Davos was close. 

2. Hello👋.

3. Oh ya. Last year's playoffs felt like they went on forever.

4. The pro-am, awards, and what teams will look like next year.

5. I have no idea but I imagine it's not easy but not extremely difficult.

6. Sharks finally enter full rebuild mode which I think is the right move for them. Canadians getting a solid dman. The penguins not getting any younger but at this point, I don't think their core is going anywhere so I think getting Karlsson is a good move for them.