Palo sinks Riga [1/2]

jRuutu

capture-20141205-173505.png

Game 211, Riga Reign vs Vancouver Wolves. What a matchup, historical team and one of the newer teams with a lot of previous history from the time they were still known as Quebec Meute. The game was played in Vancouver and to the delight of Wolves fans, Rauno Palo scored the games first goal in the first period. Beau Louth pushed it to 2-0 in the second, moments later Riga managed to claw one back, but it was not enough - Gritty scored 3-1 in the third period from the pass of Rauno Palo and Vancouver took home to full points.

The first star of the game was Rauno Palo, 1+1 and 22 faceoffs won. His comments after the game showed just how much it meant to beat Riga, previously he got targeted by the rookie HHH, which ended up into Palo losing a fight, this is Palo´s short comment moments after the game ended:

First of all, I want to apologize to the neutral viewers - I was too good today, I almost ruined the game by doing whatever I want on the ice, but luckily the chants from the away fans helped Riga coaching staff to act, ´Get Kallis on the ice, Palo is mocking the game of hockey´, I thought that was a nice touch and just shows how educated the fans of hockey really are.

Overall, great to win this game, not so long ago there was some controversy after the game with the fight between me and HHH, but as far as I´m considered - there are no hard feelings between me and HHH. He asked to swap shirts after the 3-1 goal when I was skating towards the bench, I guess he really liked my moves that lead to the goal, but I could not do it then, since it was in middle of the game and all that, but HHH if you are listening - I´m sending you one signed through the mail as soon as possible.

Say what you want about him, but he sure knows how to play, 52 points in 43 games so far in the season and another great performance against Riga. It´s tough to say what kind of rest of the season Palo will have, but there is no reason to believe why the same level of play would not be there for the remainder of the season, Rauno is big, fast and skilled - the complete player. Palo is having a career year and is expected to finish with top ratings in basically every single area, remains to be seen what kind of effect that will have on his salary when it´s time to negotiate a new deal.

Vancouver´s season continues with a home game against Toronto and soon later away game in Seattle. Especially the Toronto game could be heated game, Toronto is two points from the playoff spot, guess who is two points above them in the standings? That is right - Vancouver. Big points for both teams there, Seattle has fallen 20 points behind Toronto already, so they are the underdogs against Wolves.

8 minutes ago, Matt_O said:

What the heck is a meute anyways

Not sure to be honest, I think there is some bad group that uses the same word in their name - no idea what it actually means though.

30 minutes ago, Matt_O said:

What the heck is a meute anyways

21 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Not sure to be honest, I think there is some bad group that uses the same word in their name - no idea what it actually means though.

It basically means wolfpack in french but a Quebec nationalist group took it on as their name so now it's kind of tainted.

6 minutes ago, Enorama said:

It basically means wolfpack in french but a Quebec nationalist group took it on as their name so now it's kind of tainted.

Yea, remember hearing something like that, shame really, Meute has nice ring to it.

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

Mighty large shadow as well - some work in the training camp and some don´t.

Beau aint fat ?

• 1 month later...

Review - 0/6 because you beat up HHH.

Just kidding. Fantastic run from Palo and the Wolves this season, and good on you for turning an in-game fight into an out-of-game creative endeavor.

It´s tough to say what kind of rest of the season Palo will have, but there is no reason to believe why the same level of play would not be there for the remainder of the season; Rauno is big, fast and skilled - the complete player.

The only thing I might fix is to swap in a semicolon where I've placed it, as the portions of this sentence before and after the semicolon are two related-but-separate ideas grammatically. It becomes a bit of a run-on otherwise.

Thanks for making the VHL world just that much more immersive. :)