GM 349: Helsinki Titans vs. Moscow Menace

Beketov

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Victor said:

Team Borwinn.

Fuck Thompson.

You just can’t accept me being better than you for the last 3 seasons can you?

• Commissioner
10 minutes ago, Victor said:

S64 MVP, sit back down mate.

An award you completely swayed the committee onto you to get despite having a worse season than me but being a centre.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Beketov said:

An award you completely swayed the committee onto you to get despite having a worse season than me but being a centre.

Victor, February 5th, 2019:

"The only goalie who might have a claim is Stopko, but he'd just muddy the waters further with Ironside and Arroyo. I feel like those two contributed more to Toronto coming 4th than Stopko did, but neither enough to be sole MVP.

Louth is an interesting inclusion, hadn't considered him, but think Quebec underachieved anyway and he only really stepped up once Dragomir was gone. That's Beau btw, Keaton is a bit off the pace to be MVP imo.

Which really leaves Thompson and Cast. And really this is a long way of boringly saying that the top scorer is MVP which I hate doing. That said, both Seattle and Riga wouldn't exactly miss the playoffs without them. Both have a stat that the other doesn't compete in - Thompson 2nd in hits, Cast 2nd in FO % - and both have high scoring teammates. Seattle did score 50 goals more than Riga but I feel like someone else should take this argument to a conclusion rather than me. :P "

@.sniffuM, February 15th, 2019:

"Tough call here, a lot of deserving candidates. Thompson and Cast stick out the most to me, Cast dominated the face-off dot and had those 10 GWGs, while Thompson had a great season physically. Don't really have anywhere I'm leaning here yet between the two, I'll probably have to make my decision come voting time.

EDIT: Looking at shooting percentages, I'm almost certainly voting Cast. 8 less goals on 60% of the shots Thompson took."

@tfong, February 6th, 2019 (in Boulet discussion):

"@omgitshim Can we add faceoff stats to this poll?"

Victor, February 7th, 2019 (back in Campbell discussion):

"If we're adding faceoffs to Boulet then they should be here as well then?"

I believe what we have just witnessed here is slander and a bit of butthurt.

• Commissioner

I miss-remembered and therefore apologize. I still think you benefited from a FO loving Committee though and having more goals, more points, better defensive numbers, and the same quality squad around me should have done it.

He also led the league in shooting percentage if I remember correctly (or at least led all viable candidates). It wasn't a slam dunk pick but I remember there be enough of a difference in all those other stats and general team performance that pushed it over the edge.

Edited by omgitshim