Welcome animal74!

Beketov

• Commissioner

Welcome to the VHL, animal74! We're happy to have you. You should have received a PM with some more detailed information, but to get started quickly you will want to head over to the "How to Create a Player" topic. That topic will offer you detailed information about how to use the VHL Portal to create your player and get you started. We also highly recommend joining the VHL Discord where there is a channel dedicated to helping new members with any questions that they may have about the league or improving their player.

Once your player is made VHLM General Managers will be in touch with you about joining their teams. In the meantime, please feel free to ask any questions you have here or in your create-a-player thread. We're happy to have you in the community and we hope you stick around! 

Auto-intro thread. Nice touch!

I was in the VHL over 11 years ago back in Season 8(?) I think (June 2008 I started). My player was defenceman, Gunnar-Rune Rorvik, the Norwegian Nightmare. I played for Seattle and won VHLM championship, World Cup, and in my last season, the VHL championship. Was also a Media Grader for a while. It's a long shot, but any chance I can get some carry-over TPE? I think I have some stats on Rorvik somewhere. Anyway, not sure what type of player I want to create. I have four kids but I'd like to get back into a sim league. Like what you've done with the place!

Cheers,

Danny

3 minutes ago, animal74 said:

I was in the VHL over 11 years ago back in Season 8(?) I think (June 2008 I started). My player was defenceman, Gunnar-Rune Rorvik, the Norwegian Nightmare. I played for Seattle and won VHLM championship, World Cup, and in my last season, the VHL championship. Was also a Media Grader for a while. It's a long shot, but any chance I can get some carry-over TPE? I think I have some stats on Rorvik somewhere. Anyway, not sure what type of player I want to create. I have four kids but I'd like to get back into a sim league. Like what you've done with the place!

Cheers,

Danny

@Quik @Beketov

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, animal74 said:

Cheers,

Danny

Sadly a player that old was 2 boards ago and the records for them don’t really exist anymore so we’d have no way of knowing how much TPE they had. Everyone starts at 30 instead of 0 now though so there is still some bonus.

Welcome back either way, I vaguely recall that player name. Did we perhaps win the cup together with Seattle?

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Sadly a player that old was 2 boards ago and the records for them don’t really exist anymore so we’d have no way of knowing how much TPE they had. Everyone starts at 30 instead of 0 now though so there is still some bonus.

Welcome back either way, I vaguely recall that player name. Did we perhaps win the cup together with Seattle?

I think we may have won together. I remember you for sure.

@Beketov As per my other mention of you, we won in S12. I was drafted in S7 and retired after S12. 

This link shows I had 102 TPE at the time of Rorvik's drafting. ? But I can start with the 30 TPE to start. Have to create my player first!

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, animal74 said:

@Beketov As per my other mention of you, we won in S12. I was drafted in S7 and retired after S12. 

This link shows I had 102 TPE at the time of Rorvik's drafting. ? But I can start with the 30 TPE to start. Have to create my player first!

We just have retired at the same time. I know I went out on top with Beketov. Was such an awesome team.

and yeah, best to start with the 30. We don’t know exactly what you had or even if he was for sure your last player. Honestly you’ve been gone long enough that you count for first gen bonuses anyway which is worth more than most carryover.

Just a quik run down for you, the following bonusses apply for first gens:

------------

Player Store (you get 1.5 million per VHLM season, so you can buy both of these in your first two seasons):

First Gen Doubles  -$1,500,000

-Once per Career - You earn 6 Uncapped TPE with the completion of Point Task

The First Generation - $500 000

- Grants 5 TPE to be claimed in your update thread 

--------

First Gen bonus - 10 TPE when you have reached 100 TPE

This would already be more points likely then your old carryover (seeing you only have the 100 TPE drafted moment to go with)

On 6/25/2019 at 5:21 AM, Green said:

Just a quik run down for you, the following bonusses apply for first gens:

------------

Player Store (you get 1.5 million per VHLM season, so you can buy both of these in your first two seasons):

First Gen Doubles  -$1,500,000

-Once per Career - You earn 6 Uncapped TPE with the completion of Point Task

The First Generation - $500 000

- Grants 5 TPE to be claimed in your update thread 

--------

First Gen bonus - 10 TPE when you have reached 100 TPE

This would already be more points likely then your old carryover (seeing you only have the 100 TPE drafted moment to go with)

@Green Thanks for the info but could you explain it in more detail? Not sure I understand entirely ( I get the 10 TPE upon reaching 100). Thanks. We didn't use money when I last played. ?