Forum order

I realize rules are changing and all that, but how does it make sense to bury Media Spots and Podcasts two levels down while Articles is a main item?

Just put all creative work top, front and center and let the updaters worry about whether it is 2 or 6 points. Make sure all this content is read or seen, don't make it less accessible.

• Commissioner

General organization? With 5 career point tasks now it didn’t make sense to have the point task sub-forum have 14 items in it, was just to messy. A single extra click is worth the organization.

FWIW we could move the VHL.com stuff into point tasks.

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, Elmebeck said:

Makes no sense for the users though. But anyway, fine. I just wanted to voice my thought.

I’m just not sure I understand how it makes no sense. Am I misunderstanding? Are you complaining that the point tasks got an extra sub-forum or that the VHL.com stuff isn’t part of that sub-forum?

I am complaining about the recent change to the structure of the forum layout, not the rule changes.

E: I have some ideas, if anyone running the forum is open to listening I'd love to present them. But quite obviously having Articles as a top topic and serious point tasks buried two levels down doesn't make much sense. It's not about the gaming... to me, but about the content clever people put out. So let them shine.

(and no offense, most Articles are shit, I love those who give it a bit extra)

Edited by Elmebeck

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, Elmebeck said:

I am complaining about the structure of the forum layout, not the rule changes.

That’s not what I asked, I get that. You’re saying the 6+ TPE tasks shouldn’t be buried in sub forums while the 2 TPE tasks aren’t. I’m asking if you think the sub-forum shouldn’t exist or if the VHL.com stuff should be in there with them.

I think the tasks that are generally looked at a bit more harshly, and also demands more time to complete, should be the showcase of the forum and the league.

Now it looks like some engineer created this, "Point tasks should be here, and the simple stuff there." Which is perhaps logical in how you claim points, but not how you present content.

6 pts graphics, articles and podcasts should be the first you see after a newbie guide. 

In my humble opinion.

7 minutes ago, Elmebeck said:

I think the tasks that are generally looked at a bit more harshly, and also demands more time to complete, should be the showcase of the forum and the league.

Now it looks like some engineer created this, "Point tasks should be here, and the simple stuff there." Which is perhaps logical in how you claim points, but not how you present content.

6 pts graphics, articles and podcasts should be the first you see after a newbie guide. 

In my humble opinion.

I understand what you are saying. I agree with the level of effort being showcased and the shove it in for 2 tpe should be down the ladder. I think you are fighting a lost battle though. Like talking to a wall and expecting an answer  you like. Not going to happen. With no disrespect to you or the wall. 

Looking at their site, I prefer the way EFL has presented it:

2Nhd0Pv.png

Links to the weekly point tasks still directly accessible from the main page but career PT's given it's own section. So our's would basically be as it was, but Career PT's where Rookie Profile and Biog were.

• Commissioner
25 minutes ago, Tagger said:

Looking at their site, I prefer the way EFL has presented it:

2Nhd0Pv.png

Links to the weekly point tasks still directly accessible from the main page but career PT's given it's own section. So our's would basically be as it was, but Career PT's where Rookie Profile and Biog were.

I’d be fine going this direction. My intention was to clean up the section since it was starting to become a tad unruly but if the extra click is that bothersome it’s not hard to pull them back out.

I think this is a case of lost in translation.

I think what Elmebeck is trying to say is that the Forum is currently grouped in this way

• Important Topics
  • Front Office
  • Discussion
  • The VHL
  • The VHLM 
  • Player Management 
  • Team Management

He seems to be unhappy that point tasks are in Player Management which is extremely close to the bottom, when vhl.com articles are under the VHL section. This means that someone scrolling down the list will see the VHL.com articles first and read these rather than the point tasks which are higher effort. I think the order is good but maybe move VHL.com articles to player management also?

@Elmebeck Could you please confirm this is what you meant?

Hopefully this makes it easier for people to understand each other?

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

I’d be fine going this direction. My intention was to clean up the section since it was starting to become a tad unruly but if the extra click is that bothersome it’s not hard to pull them back out.

I have to say, I much preferred how it used to be presented here, with everything as a subforum accessible with one click from the home page. I don't care about VHL.com articles being a main thing versus everything else being in the PT section (though that's a valid point, I've never had an issue with it, personally), but I've had a few interesting times on the SBA forum where it took me way too long to find where I'm supposed to claim welfare. Despite the fact that there was a "point tasks" section, I spent a lot of time looking for the word "welfare" specifically. Maybe it's just that I've been here finding everything from the home page the whole time, but putting everything in a subforum that requires another click to get to just doesn't work with my brain for some reason.

I'd understand not wanting to flood the home page with a bunch of new stuff, so why not keep the "career PTs" section as is and bring everything back out like it used to be? I don't want to sound like I'm complaining about stuff, but I do have a somewhat negative opinion about the new arrangement of things.

• Commissioner

I re-organized it as suggested above. Deleted the weekly PT sub-forum but kept the career one. So we have actually 1 less sub-forum listed on the main board than we used to but the main tasks are still reachable without an extra click.