The Most Interesting Stat Of This Season

Tagger

While a lot will be talked of Matt Thompson passing 400 goals for his career and then making his way to fourth in all-time goals scored, there is one particular stat from the season that took him to that mark that I find really insane.

Matt Thompson currently has a shooting percentage of 20.08% through 58 games. Shooting percentage isn’t an often looked at stat though so if you’re struggling to figure out why this is significant, I’ll tell you now. In our trackable archives (S20 onwards), the highest recorded shooting percentage for a player who was in the top 50 in points was 16.02%, which was recorded by Lars Berger all the way back in the first trackable archive of Season 20. We’ve had people bust out high numbers of goals in the past, but they have namely been through a team setup which allows star players to have an obscenely large number of shots. Thompson leading the league in scoring despite only being 25th in shots is a real anomaly.  

• Commissioner

Yeah, my shooting percentage is kinda unreal. I’m not taking many shots at all but I’m scoring at my usual pace. A few sims ago when I was tied in goals with last season I noticed that I did it with 273 shots less. It’s kinda mind boggling and I’m honestly confused how I’m shooting so well.

• Commissioner
43 minutes ago, gorlab said:

Smells kind of fishy to me, tbh.

It can smell however you want. I’m just as confused as you.