My Favorite Historical Players

Matt_O

I used to do historical VHL articles for VSN, and I occasionally still do. I think it's really interesting to look at that type of stuff, and I learned a lot. My absolute favorite player from the S20s has to be Markus Strauss @gregreg. He was a beast for Seattle, and was really solid for Davos in their cup run. The Davos vs Toronto rivalry in the early S20s was great, but I always wanted Davos to pull through. Aiden Shaw vs Daisuke Kanou is the best goaltender rivalry ever, hands down.

I also like Mattias Chouinard at the time, especially since he is on the hall of fame ballot right now. His case is very interesting, with 3 cups and an incredibly stat line to go with it. Getting inducted 40 seasons after retiring is probably a record, although I know another dude went a long time without making it and then finally did. His first name was Felix, I think. Can't remember his last name.

I also am very annoyed that @.sniffuM goalie from the S20s, once again can't remember the name, I think Bjorkman or something? He should be in the hall imo, or at least have gotten more consideration. We also have Peyton Nydroj, who is likely forever stuck in VHL Purgatory, the hall of very good. That's it and I'm out.

Joey Clarence was my goalie. There are a ton of factors at play that hurt his candidacy (I retired him a season early because I got bored of goalie, Jakub Kjeldsen in the same draft class had similar stats but more hardware and he didn't make the HOF, etc.). I'd like to see him still get in one day a la Felix Peters.

36 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

Felix Peters waited a long time and Alexander Sauve went a long time between inductions, i didnt agree with VHL dropping the induction to 1 player per season. i think it should have been kept at 2

I think the reason it went down to 2 is because their isn't as much HOF talent at the moment to be doing 2 per year. With the increased use of depth players, it will likely get harder to get into the hall unless we rethink the standards that we usually go by

• Head Moderator
14 hours ago, .sniffuM said:

Joey Clarence was my goalie. There are a ton of factors at play that hurt his candidacy (I retired him a season early because I got bored of goalie, Jakub Kjeldsen in the same draft class had similar stats but more hardware and he didn't make the HOF, etc.). I'd like to see him still get in one day a la Felix Peters.

Wasn't GIYGAS (acronym for some long drawn out name) or whatever his name was a goalie too?? \m/

16 hours ago, Matt_O said:

I also am very annoyed that @.sniffuM goalie from the S20s, once again can't remember the name, I think Bjorkman or something? He should be in the hall imo, or at least have gotten more consideration. We also have Peyton Nydroj, who is likely forever stuck in VHL Purgatory, the hall of very good. That's it and I'm out.

JOEY CLARENCE :)

Almost certain that Bjorkman was @Tyler's goalie.