Claimed:Introducing Some Prospect Tournament

sterling

Introducing Some Prospect Tournament

Since Jardy is an idiot and fucked the engine up this season leaving the VHLM ending roughly four days before the VHL, something had to be done. The VHL almost always ends the same day or thereabouts to the VHLM, but this season we had to do something differently. Four days is too long to make the newer members wait to see the playoffs and since the playoffs are already agonizingly long as is, I just decided to do whatever I wanted like usual. Jardy had originally proposed to sim four days worth of games at once, but that isn't a very viable solution either.

So I created a tournament composed of four teams which I think will make those four days more interesting for new players. Although I don't know much about the VHLM and likely missed some players, I think I created four pretty even teams to compete against one another. Each team played the other team twice each at home making a 24 game schedule. The teams are named after season one legends Joey Kendrick, Scotty Campbell, Brett Slobodzian and Sterling Labatte. Here's a brief synopsis of the four teams:

Team Slobodzian:

Center                   Left Wing                Right Wing               Time % Phy DF OF 
 1 Daniel Kreutzer          Leo Tesla                Magnus Hertzberg         40     1   2  2  
 2 Forrest Josef            'Reficul 1134            Alexander Clapperton     30     1   2  2  
 3 Magnus Hertzberg         Patrik Rolinek           Noah Jackson             30     1   2  2  
 4 Leo Tesla                Andrew Jackson Jihad     Markus Klingemann        0      1   2  2  

5 vs 5 Defense 
   Defense                  Defense                                           Time % Phy DF OF 
 1 David Januzaj            Yoji Yamazaki                                     40     1   2  2  
 2 Remy Devereux            Krill Lokomotiv                                   30     1   2  2  
 3 Pierre-Luc Tanguay       David Januzaj                                     30     1   2  2  
 4 Yoji Yamazaki            Remy Devereux    
Goaltenders
Starting : Blaine Olynick           
Backup : Matti Auvinen    

Team Campbell:

5 vs 5 Forward 
   Center                   Left Wing                Right Wing               Time % Phy DF OF 
 1 Konstantin Azhishchenkov Kristian Stormborn       Percy Miller             40     1   2  2  
 2 Christian Thorstrom      Steve Tremblay           Mirko Draisaitl          30     1   2  2  
 3 Nathan Levander          James Ryan               Konstantin Azhishchenkov 30     1   2  2  
 4 Kitsune Yamasaki         Unknown Player           Kristian Stormborn       0      1   2  2  

5 vs 5 Defense 
   Defense                  Defense                                           Time % Phy DF OF 
 1 Triton Jackson           Mikkel Boomgaarden                                40     1   2  2  
 2 Mikko Leskonnen          Ludovic Kabambi                                   30     1   2  2  
 3 Vasily Miroshnychenko    Triton Jackson                                    30     1   2  2  
 4 Mikkel Boomgaarden       Mikko Leskonnen                                   0      1   2  2
Goaltenders
Starting : Kimmo Salo               
Backup : Vladimir Bodnar 

Team Kendrick:

5 vs 5 Forward 
 1 Lars Strummer            Johan Hallstrom          Ashton Galbraith         40     1   2  2  
 2 Bennett Wahl             Walt Pringle             Azi Ali                  30     1   2  2  
 3 Johan Hallstrom          Josh Bennett             Carter Deaton            30     1   2  2  
 4 Lars Strummer            Cameron Greening         Antoine Sauvé            0      1   2  2  
5 vs 5 Defense 
 1 Unknown Player           Kaspars Tsizling                                  40     1   2  2  
 2 Jacob Peterson           David Hall                                        30     1   2  2  
 3 Unknown Player           Kaspars Tsizling                                  30     1   2  2  
 4 Jacob Peterson           David Hall                                        0      1   2  2 

Goaltenders
Starting : Brock Waldron            
Backup : Unknown Goalie           

Team Labatte:

5 vs 5 Forward 
 1 Travis Boychuk           Jakob Linholm            Bruno Wolf               40     1   2  2  
 2 Mikael Svensson          Chris Raymond            Unknown Player           30     1   2  2  
 3 Kez Kincaid              Marcus Bjorkstrand       Unknown Player           30     1   2  2  
 4 Unknown Player           Unknown Player           Jakob Linholm            0      1   2  2 

5 vs 5 Defense 
 1 Vojczek Svoboda          Jake Wylde                                        40     1   2  2  
 2 Penis Hudson             Dimothenis Vlasis                                 30     1   2  2  
 3 Spud Murphy              Unknown Player                                    30     1   2  2  
 4 Unknown Player           Vojczek Svoboda                                   0      1   2  2  
Goaltenders
Starting : Magalhães Pergher        
Backup : Unknown Goalie    

As you can tell, the rosters aren't perfect and I likely missed a lot of players because the engine is a giant pain in the ass. In retrospect, this would take a long time to actually build rosters with 20 or so players on them, but this is the best I could come up with over the course of an hour last night. I hope the prospects enjoy the opportunity to see how they play with some of the other guys in the league. It is completely randomized, simply set up to make the teams as even as possible. This is simply meant to be fun so that's why it isn't perfect.

I would have preferred to take the time to make real rosters, but that would take an insane amount of time to do. What would your perfect rosters look like? If this would have occurred last season it would have been easier for me to do, but I haven't paid any attention to the VHLM this season which is usually a common complaint from people. Yes, some of us don't put enough attention toward the VHLM which is something that should change. I really think a tournament like this where people create their own teams out of a bunch of prospects would be ideal.

I'm willing to give the registration key away to people who are reliable and want to play a hand in simming games or special events for the league. I enjoy doing small things every now and again, but not simming big chunks of games anymore. Let's see what some other members can come up with in terms of doing something differently for our newer members. Retention should be a key to this league going forward.

Content: 3/3 - Not sure what the word is on this actually happening but it's interesting. Definitely a bit disappointing, with a great pool of young players in the VHLM in their last eligible year in the minors, it sucks not having the opportunity to play for a cup. We'll see what happens though.

Grammar: 2/2 - Pretty much flawless. Good job.

Appearance: 1/1 -  All looks pretty. This didn't need a photo.

Overall: 6/6

Final: 6/6

I'll keep this open for one more day for any more discussion.

Definitely a bit disappointing, with a great pool of young players in the VHLM in their last eligible year in the minors, it sucks not having the opportunity to play for a cup. We'll see what happens though.

What do you mean by this exactly?

From what I understand, the post season will be cleared off the schedule for this prospect tournament because of some mess up.

Not at all actually. There is a block in the schedule where the VHLM finishes earlier than the VHL, thus they will fill it with this.