2014 NHL Playoff Thread

Wow did SJ get screwed there.

I'd say so. If he didn't push him in, why wasn't the whistle blown? He had in in his pads for 3-4 seconds and the ref can't see it, thats a whistle.

As a ref, you guys have no idea what he saw there. He went to go blow the whistle, didn't, so perhaps he saw it? I would've liked to see the netcam. However, if he did INTEND to blow the whistle, then yes it likely shouldn't have counted. Point being, those calls need to be reviewable.

Edited by Kyle

In all fairness they did go upstairs I think so they must have seen enough to determine it was loose. That calls walks a fine line though.

As a ref, you guys have no idea what he saw there. He went to go blow the whistle, didn't, so perhaps he saw it? I would've liked to see the netcam. However, if he did INTEND to blow the whistle, then yes it likely shouldn't have counted. Point being, those calls need to be reviewable.

It's funny, because this is basically what I thought with the no goal call in the PHI/NYR game yesterday. From where the ref was, I could see why he would have blown the play dead. Based on the angles I saw, I don't see why Chris Lee (surprise!) didn't blow the whistle.

It's not a review able play. Going upstairs didn't do anything.

They can review if the player pushed the goalie into the net though and thats what they did.

850519579.gif?1398745557

Maybe I'm seeing something else, but I am fairly positive I see the puck there, and it's under his skate. Either way, the issue is that they pushed him in. But, no reason to blow the whistle.

Edited by Kyle

Looking at it repeatedly, that is definitely the puck. Good no whistle there, actually. But like I said, issue is that he was interefered with.. Whether I agree or not.

Edited by Kyle

Missed the game. Kings force 7 though I could of expected that. Was that a big goal for them btw? The one that looked like the goalie was pushed in? They won 4-1 so was SJ properly screwed out of the game or just that goal? 

Missed the game. Kings force 7 though I could of expected that. Was that a big goal for them btw? The one that looked like the goalie was pushed in? They won 4-1 so was SJ properly screwed out of the game or just that goal? 

That was the 2-1 goal. So they took the lead, however right after that they fell apart both physically and on the scoresheet. It's a turning point for sure. No team early had the upper hand when that was scored.

They just gave Wingels a penalty for having his stick held by Muzzin. I know refs fuck up, but this is Game 7 guys. Goodness.

Oh and now Couture gets called for a guy literally running into his elbow. Wow.

Edited by Kendrick