San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

20 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

SAN DIEGO MARLINS (ft. the JST) PRESS CONFERENCE 

Week Ending 8/14/2022 or 8/21/2022

Answer 3 questions for 1 capped TPE, all 6 for 2. 

1. How are you feeling about your performance in the JST so far?
 I am thrilled with my JST performance so far- it's super surprising to be at 2 points per game! I'm just hoping I can keep these numbers up.

2. Who do you think has the upper hand in the VHLM Finals, the Aces or the 21st?
 Since I am writing this after the Aces have Swept Halifax, I'm gonna go with the Aces.

3. Would you rather lose in the first round or the finals?

I would much rather lose in the finals. It might hurt a bit more, but going to the finals at least means you were second best instead of 8th. The experience and motivation gained by a finals loss is also extremely valuable.

4. What is a personal goal of yours for next season?

My biggest goal is to make the playoffs. Ideally that would include a deep run/a championship.

5. Who is 1 person you hope to be on a team with next season?

Either Lachlan Summers or John Richards would be amazing to play with, but I'll be happy to get to play with any Marlins.

6. What is one place you've always wanted to visit?
I've always wanted to go somewhere far north, like Iceland or north Scandinavia. I think the sky would be amazing there.
@Minion
@BabeBaptista  @CreamTeam  @Novanod  @vincentlg2007  @Bedirhan  @Zylen  @Mint  @John Cimarno  @sadie  @TxtBammer  @CODENAMEJIMMY  @kirbithan

1. How are you feeling about your performance in the JST so far?

I'm having a hard time finding my offensive touch to be honest, but my defensive foward game is on point. Denying scoring chances is as good as scoring. No?

2. Who do you think has the upper hand in the VHLM Finals, the Aces or the 21st?

They are both amazing team. 21st in 7

3. Would you rather lose in the first round or the finals?

The final of course. Heart breaking but a deep run would brought a valuable experience.

4. What is a personal goal of yours for next season?

Definitly holding my ground as a VHLM recruit and step up my game.

5. Who is 1 person you hope to be on a team with next season?

Hands down Jeremy Swaman. Bug prop to our goalies, but the guy is amazing.

6. What is one place you've always wanted to visit?

Toronto hockey hall of fame. Will do, soon. 

SAN DIEGO MARLINS (ft. the JST and also Team Europe!) PRESS CONFERENCE 

Week Ending 8/21/2022 or 8/28/2022

1. The final VHL Playoff series between Seattle and Warsaw is likely closing up (or has just closed up) by now. What would winning a championship in the VHL mean to you?

2. The World Juniors in real life has just finished and the World Juniors in the VHL are just beginning. How do these tournaments help prospective players in the big leagues?

3. Do you feel as though you're ready for the upcoming season?

4. I am off to a concert (The Strokes and the Red Hot Chili Peppers) today! Who would you most love to see in concert?

5. What strategies do you use to balance real life and also the VHL?

6. Since this is the last week of the month, what was something great that happened this month?

@Minion
@BabeBaptista  @CreamTeam  @Novanod  @vincentlg2007  @Bedirhan  @Zylen  @Mint  @John Cimarno  @sadie  @TxtBammer  @CODENAMEJIMMY  @kirbithan

Edited by jacobcarson877

17 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

1. The final VHL Playoff series between Seattle and Warsaw is likely closing up (or has just closed up) by now. What would winning a championship in the VHL mean to you? 
 It's just a trophy nothing more

2. The World Juniors in real life has just finished and the World Juniors in the VHL are just beginning. How do these tournaments help prospective players in the big leagues?
 It gives them the level of pressure in the big leugues because the fans expect something big of you

Yes I'm ready and though for the season

4. I am off to a concert (The Strokes and the Red Hot Chili Peppers) today! Who would you most love to see in concert?

All good things there a really good band

I don't know like I balance lot of things and mostly I go with the flow

6. Since this is the last week of the month, what was something great that happened this month?
Nothing really 

@Minion @BabeBaptista  @CreamTeam  @Novanod  @vincentlg2007  @Bedirhan  @Zylen  @Mint  @John Cimarno  @sadie  @TxtBammer  @CODENAMEJIMMY  @kirbithan

1 hour ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Winning a championship in the VHL is the pinnacle of success, so it would mean everything, especially when adding to your player's legacy.

These tournaments help prospective players because they gather the hockey world's best prospects all together and pit them against each other, allowing scouts to get a real look at everyone's skillsets and what they bring to the table.

I definitely feel ready. Lachlan is about to hit 100 TPE this week, and when he gets the 10 uncapped, I feel like he's really going to improve his numbers. Especially with a strong team in front of him.

Have fun at the concert, Jacob!! But I would love to see System of a Down or Chase Atlantic most in concert.

Throughout the week, I begin to work on my VHL pieces in moderation so it doesn't get too overwhelming for me when I have to balance my real-life responsibilities. We'll see how it goes now that I'm going back to school tomorrow.

Something great that happened this month was that my house's renovations have finally been finished! I've been living here since I was 4 years old and it was about time it got an indoor makeover. New floorboards, paint job, furniture, all of it. Even redid the entire kitchen!

Edited by kirbithan

A VHL Championship would mean the world to me; as it is the most prestigious trophy I can win. It would be amazing to share that moment with my team and I would treasure it for the rest of my life.

It gives bigger league teams an opportunity to scout you on the world stage and it gives you great experience playing in these high-stakes tournaments. 

I am definitely ready to play this season, I can't wait to connect with more people and win more games!

I would absolutely love to see Coldplay in concert; they are my favorite musical group. I hope you have an amazing time at your concert Jacob!

I do my point tasks early so I can submit them for the next week and not be in a rush, but soon my life will get a lot more busy so I'll start spreading them out during the week.

My favorite part of August was getting to hang out with friends more than I normally do.
@Minion

1. The final VHL Playoff series between Seattle and Warsaw is likely closing up (or has just closed up) by now. What would winning a championship in the VHL mean to you?

It mean everything. It is the goal, the ultimate achievement. Everything I do since I've been involved in the Virtual hockey is to, one day, have my name on the cup. 

2. The World Juniors in real life has just finished and the World Juniors in the VHL are just beginning. How do these tournaments help prospective players in the big leagues?

Well of course it help get your name out there. Having a strong tournament quite show your trueself when facing adversity.

3. Do you feel as though you're ready for the upcoming season?

I am doing everything I can to be. I am working of my all around play so I am sure I can help a team out there.

I always enjoys a Vulgaires Machins set list. Also, Jay Scøtt. Are you bragging?  Have fun!

I'm still getting use to it but I will adopt a consistant approach each week. Slow and steady I will acquire those tp. 

i got some sweet collector edition vinyl from vm i preordered a while ago. And, and, yes! Also my steam deck! And I met a ton of cool people here in the V! 

Edited by OliMcGee
weird stuff happened

10 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Obviously, it means success. But to me, a large part of success means building a team that gels together, on and off the ice. Camaraderie and passion, that’s what it means.

You have to take quite a few players in order to fill out these teams. Scouts can find a diamond in the rough or a hidden gem and this big stage can vault them to greater heights. You want to be the ”story” from the juniors. 

I do. I’m excited to see where it goes! After a day, I’m already looking to get my feet under me and so many of the folks in the JST camp have been incredible. 

Enjoy your time! Sounds great!

That’s tough. It had been years since I’ve gone to any shows but I’ve been to several over the last year. I’d love a chance to catch Soul Glo touring behind Diaspora Problems (probs AOTY, check them out!) or see Kississippi.

Haha. Wish I could tell you! We’ll see how this first full week plays out. Ask me again later.

This month has been so incredibly busy, but had a chance to kick it off with a friends and family camping trip and get to bookend it with another show this weekend! Stoked to catch Turnstile and MCR

@Minion

18 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

It's the ultimate goal, it's the top of the mountain. Can't wait for the day when I can finally compete in the VHL for the championship.

These types of tournaments can be a big help for scouts. The amount of pressure and intensity that a championship brings can change how player plays.

Yes, I can't wait for the new season. Eager to get out there and perform better than ever.

Defiantly the Red Hot Chili Peppers. They have some of my favourite songs and I used to quote the song Give it Away whenever I saw a bad turnover.

Honestly I don't really go forward with a strategy. I just live in the moment and deal with things as they come.

The weather has started to cool down. After moving from the mountains to what is essentially a desert I've really noticed the change in tempature.

@Minion @BabeBaptista  @CreamTeam  @Novanod  @vincentlg2007  @Bedirhan  @Zylen  @Mint  @John Cimarno  @sadie  @TxtBammer  @CODENAMEJIMMY  @kirbithan

On 8/21/2022 at 11:05 AM, jacobcarson877 said:

@Minion

1) Winning a VHL championship is my goal.

2) World Juniors are a place for top talent to display what they can do for prospective recruiters

3) Yes, I am ready for the upcoming season

4) Not really a big music person, going to concerts aren't worth it for me.

5) I only do what i have to for the VHL, don't spend a lot of time at it.

6) I went on a short vacation, which was great.

1. Means that me and me team had a great season and we're the fucking best!

2. These tournament show to the pro team what the young player are made of and if they can elevate their game on important occasions.

3. I like to think that yes I'm ready! I got some tpe in the bank for the next season.

4. I've already seen them. Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet for my Valentime the same night!

5. I tried to give one day to my online games to have the time to do it all.

6. My two weeks not working haha! Work on the house and a little trip with a couple of friends.

On 8/21/2022 at 10:05 AM, jacobcarson877 said:

it would mean a lot to win a championship at any level in the VHL but to do it in the actual VHL would mean so much to Richards.

they show that hockey prospects around the world can play in the highest level of competition and still can get it done at a high pressure and level.

I'm way better than I was last season I have a grasp on what I'm doing TPE wise now and know how to navigate the forum more efficiently.

I would love to see Billie Eilish in a concert.

I put my personal life first then I do stuff in the VHL but I always stay active in discord.

I went fishing and caught nothing but I went fishing.

@Minion

It would be cool because it would mean I’d gain experience and experience can get someone a spot on a team 

I think they help the players to get to know each other and for the scouts to see how the player perform and gain GM experience 

I think I am my TPE is upgrading and so is my understanding of a player build 

Honestly I would have loved to see a Beethoven concert idk a dead dude that doesn’t sing just plays piano sounds entertaining to me 

I have the Discord notification on so when I see it on my phone I remember to check the VHL when I have time 

I went to the Botanic Garden, Biodome, Insectarium and  Planetarium with my sister and my Uncle 

Week Ending 8/28/2022 or 9/4/2022

1. VHLM Draft will be sometime this week! Take a crack at guessing who is going to draft you!

2. We are leading into September this week, what do you have going on in September that is exciting?

3. If you were a GM, what would be the most important thing to consider when drafting someone?

4. What is something that has always confused you about the VHL?

5. Any ideas on what your next player is going to be? (In like a year and a half after you retire this one)

6. I've been craving Kraft Dinner all week since all my friends have had it, what is a food you'd love to have right now?

@Minion

3 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

1. VHLM Draft will be sometime this week! Take a crack at guessing who is going to draft you!
I am so nervous/excited for the draft, and I predict that the Aces are going to draft me!

2. We are leading into September this week, what do you have going on in September that is exciting?
Honestly I’m just super stoked about my first full VHLM season coming up! Also since I’ve gone back to school, I’ve gotten to see my college friends again and spend more time with them.

3. If you were a GM, what would be the most important thing to consider when drafting someone?

Considering my experience so far with GMs and their scouting processes, the most important thing is someone’s vibes, basically how they act with others, and if they’re active on the forum/Discord. Having a fun, positive locker room is one of the most important things to me and I wouldn’t want to draft a bad apple.

Something that’s confused me about the VHL is why we have attributes like LD that are completely useless, for both skaters and goalies alike. Why do they exist?

5. Any ideas on what your next player is going to be? (In like a year and a half after you retire this one)

I’ve already been planning on creating an offensive defenseman! His name is Riley and he’s going to have likeness of Jamie Drysdale. John made this player on my behalf in the NHL Marlins sim and he won 10 Norris Trophies so I’m hoping for the same production in the VHL! 😂

6. I've been craving Kraft Dinner all week since all my friends have had it, what is a food you'd love to have right now?
 A food I’d love to have right now is chicken katsu. It’s my favorite and I’m always craving it.

I'm going to guess San Diego because they are accumulating more picks and I already know Jacob. So many good places to go though.

School starts, but that's the opposite of exciting. I guess NHL preseason/training camp starts as well so I can look forward to that.

Their attitude and personality in addition to TPE. Because there may be many options around the same amount of TPE but what sets them apart is how consistently they earn/how they act.

Haven't been here for too long but I would probably say depreciation. I don't know much about it yet but I don't really need to.

My next player is probably going to be named after someone on the habs or after an inside joke. I might make a defenseman.

I'd really like to have a brownie right now for no good reason.
@Minion

3 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

I can say the marlins or Ottawa 

School is not exciting it's more like repairing cars  or make something out of metal or wood 

First I wil make a draft talk and check his stats if he played in the mid season

4. What is something that has always confused you about the VHL

The trivia question it's like confused 

I wil make the legendary hockey family paard 

My grandmother cooking she is death 

3 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

I think it's between San Diego will draft me if they can but also Ottawa.

School starts on the 9th which means sports!

How that player performs in each tournament (JST, Pro Am) and the VHLM because that's all different levels of competition and also how active they are.

Navigating the forum is still a little challenging to me.

I'm feeling a goalie or a centerman named C. Mann.

potato and deviled egg salad. 

@Minion

5 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Honestly I'm not sure! I'd like to say I'd be on the Marlins again but I have a couple teams interested in drafting me.

Gonna go work at the fall fair here in town. Never been to it before but it seems like fun and it's easy money.

The most important thing to consider in my opinion is their chemistry with other people. I want to have a team full of team players.

Honestly that there are stats like leadership that no one is sure does anything. Would be nice to have every stat have an impact.

Truthfully haven't thought about it at all. Most I can assume right now is I'll either make a winger or a goalie.

Chicken wraps and a poutine sounds great right now, or even some Mexican food. Really I'm a sucker for anything wrapped in a tortilla.

1. VHLM Draft will be sometime this week! Take a crack at guessing who is going to draft you!

Well I got some interviews and I felt it clicked with two of those team. But I will keep my guess to myself. 

The fact that I will get to wear my hoodies at night, this is exciting. VHLM draft is lit too. And I got some board game night action coming.

3. If you were a GM, what would be the most important thing to consider when drafting someone?

Dedication. You have it or not. Talent without dedication is the recipe for buster. Daigle, Stefan, Yakupov. Great talent, no dedication.

Forum always confuse me. I'm getting better but man, some of those trivia questions are a bitch. But i'm getting there. 

5. Any ideas on what your next player is going to be? (In like a year and a half after you retire this one)

Yes,Beyonce Middlefinger. Please dont steal this away from me. I'll roll an offensive defenceman because we need some good D in here. 

what?

6. I've been craving Kraft Dinner all week since all my friends have had it, what is a food you'd love to have right now?

I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

My account name is Oli La Poutine. You don't even need to read between the line. But I would boost it with pulled pork, maybe a 3 peppers sauce. Caramelized oignon. I'm hungry.

Edited by Oli-La-Poutine
Typo

On 8/29/2022 at 11:45 AM, jacobcarson877 said:

I’ve had a few interviews but I know one thing for sure and that’s that Jacob ( Marlins GM) plans to redraft the team so I think that’s where where I’m getting drafted ( I mean that’s just how my charm works on a team he can’t even imagine a team without me now 🥱)(for obvious reason the last parentheses was a joke)

The draft and my school break Monday 

I’d say personality in the personality just for example when the coyotes did the illegal scouting and lost draft picks the first player they drafted was Mitchell Miller and after the allegations came out they were basically forced to drop his rights 

Probably the logic behind the Sim Engine 

Probably like a D-Man or a goalie I want to have players all different and with this one being a one way sniper id like going D or Goalie 

6. I've been craving Kraft Dinner all week since all my friends have had it, what is a food you'd love to have right now

Not really food but I’m the bus right now and I forgot to take something to drink so probably water 

Edited by vincentlg2007

I’ve had a few really great talks. But I’m going to roll the dice and go with Mexico City?  

This month is mostly pretty low-key, but I do get to see Elton John on his farewell tour. That should be incredible.

I think commitment is a good word. Are they committed to being a good part of the locker room? Committed to growing as a person? Committed to making this community the best they can (and earning all the TPE in the process haha)

Some of the stats everyone is told to ignore like fighting or leadership, etc. I think it would be really awesome for the algorithm to take more “flavorful” stats like these and do something with them 

Absolutely. Go for another name inspired by my other cat, Docka Lapagos. She’ll be another Defender, this time from the Caribbean, but less of the finesse I’m going for with Quinn. 

Linguistics rules. I love that you can tell a Canadian wrote this because instead of “Mac ‘n cheese”, it’s “Kraft Dinner”. Love dialects and language. Anyway! I’m stoked for it to start getting colder, because cold weather means potato soup time.

Card image cap

Press Conference 1 of the S85 VHLM Season! Answer all 6 for 2 TPE.

1. Welcome to San Diego! What are you looking forward to most in your first season in the VHLM?

2. What is a goal you want to accomplish during this season?

3. What is your game day go to meal?

4. When it comes to a game day routine, do you have any superstitions?

5. If you could visit any country, which would it be and why?

6. If dinosaurs roamed the Earth, which one would you keep as a pet?

1 hour ago, aimkin said:

Card image cap

1. Welcome to San Diego! What are you looking forward to most in your first season in the VHLM?

For my first full season in the VHLM I’m looking forward to progress more with a team that I already know a bit and past teammate like @kirbithan

I want to accomplish the 30 goals Mark doubt I’ll achieve it but I’ll still try i saw some guys at 177 TPE on the draft board and I’m not even at 100 yet so I’ll still have to work a bit 

Dino Nuggets.

Not really never been a big superstition guy

Probably Monaco and cause it sounds so fancy and rich saying yeah I’ve been to Monaco

pterodactyl cause they’re top G’s

5 hours ago, aimkin said:

Card image cap

As a returning member of last season's waiver Marlins, I'm looking forward to my first full VHLM season with the team and some returning teammates like Vincent!

Since I've been max earning since joining, I'd love to see Lachlan's stats look significantly better than they did during the games he started last season. However, I believe that might depend on how free agency and recruitment goes and if I can keep earning like I am now ( which I will ).

My go-to game day meal is macaroni and cheese.

I am not a superstitious person, but Lachlan would be. He'd have a very specific warmup routine he'd follow like some other goaltenders out there. 

I would love to visit Japan, because I've heard fantastic things about it from friends and I want to visit more countries in Asia other than Vietnam. 

I'd keep a gobiraptor as a pet. It's a tiny little dinosaur and it's adorable.

Edited by kirbithan