San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

3 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

SAN DIEGO MARLINS PRESS CONFERENCE 

Week Ending 4/24/2022

Answer 3 questions for 1 capped TPE, all 6 for 2. 

1. Who do you think scores the first regular season goal for the Marlins this season?

2. What are your thoughts on seafood?

3. Are you a fan of having a VHLM preseason? Or would you rather just dive into the regular season?

4. What is your favourite holiday?

5. What is one thing you’ve always wanted to be good at, but never could be for whatever reason?

6. If there was a movie about your player, who would play them?

Let’s Go Marlins!

@Firekiss   @BrutalBoost @Brodie_Landry @tcookie @Plate @BrockBoeser @weekz @Bruh @Snussu @Hoopydog @Creegan610 @Zack @aleks  @MMFLEX @frescoelmo

1. I hope my player cole caufield jr will do it but I think everyone can make it we have a really good team 

2. I love a good bunch of them but hâte many too 

3 I think it’s good to prepare for the season 

4. the st Jean Baptiste because I live in Quebec and we drink so much haha 

5. school haha, I always been bad 

6. hum Idk haha maybe cole caufield itself haha 

46 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Week Ending 4/24/2022

1. Who do you think scores the first regular season goal for the Marlins this season?

3. Are you a fan of having a VHLM preseason? Or would you rather just dive into the regular season?

5. What is one thing you’ve always wanted to be good at, but never could be for whatever reason?

Let’s Go Marlins!

@Firekiss   @BrutalBoost @Brodie_Landry @tcookie @Plate @BrockBoeser @weekz @Bruh @Snussu @Hoopydog @Creegan610 @Zack @aleks  @MMFLEX @frescoelmo

1. I got to say either Fraser Wallace or Alex Ovechkin Jr.

2. Shrimp is my favorite.

3. I like the idea. I am sure as a GM it gives you ideas as far as how to set up your strategies. As players it gives us an idea on how we may do and where we may need to work on.

4. Hmmm... That's a tough one. Got to say my birthday. Only day where I am left alone. But aside from that, Thanksgiving, just cause I actually go turkey hunting for it.

5. Computer programming. I am still hoping I can learn someday.

6. Perhaps Robert Downey Jr. I think that would be funny, but if we going for more of a tough guy look, complete opposite, would be The Rock. Oh god, I can now picture Dwayne Johnson putting some hurt on some people on the ice.

1 hour ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Week Ending 4/24/2022

Let’s Go Marlins!

1. I'm gonna be optimistic and say Me but I 'm not to bothered with who scores the first goal, as long as we score and win games.

2. I'm not really a big fan of seafood, more of a beef and chicken guy

3. I think the pre-season will be good especially with the new attributes and builds. It'll give GMs a good chance to mess about with their lines

4. I think Christmas is my favourite followed by Easter. The ones that result in me ending up with chocolate lmao

5. Ice Skating. Being a big hockey fan and wanting to be out on the ice but not being able to skate is rough. I just don't have the balance for it.

6. Maybe Tom Holland for the younger version of me but then Mathew McConaughey for the older veteran version.

5 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Week Ending 4/24/2022

I definitely think Moly the Cat will score the first regular season goal, no bias, honest

I fully endorse seafood, seafood is good

As this is my first season I liked the preseason, got a chance to see what occurs.

I am kind of fond of Christmas.

I always wanted to play the guitar well, I just had not drive to practice.

Molly the Cat would be best played by Puss in Boots from Shrek, it would definitely be an animated film

Let’s Go Marlins!

On 4/18/2022 at 11:42 AM, jacobcarson877 said:

Week Ending 4/24/2022

Let’s Go Marlins!

1. If Alexander Ovechkin Junior doesn't score the first goal I'm going to riot. 
2. You know, for living on the far Atlantic coast (Nova Scotia), the seafood capital of Canada, my opinion is pretty valid. The worst part about seafood is the whole sea taste, if it didn't have that, it would be great.
3. There are probably players that want to forgo the preseason and just jump right into the regulars but unfortunately our GMs are stupid and need time to figure out line chemistries and strategies. 
4. It's very cliché but I love Christmas. Some of my fondest memories come from that time of year. 

5. I've always wanted to be good, and I mean like play in a European league, good at hockey but I've just never put the time in required to do so. 
6. I would play my player. And it wouldn't be some Hollywood film either. It would be akin to the Blaire Witch Project in terms of production.

Week Ending 4/24/2022

Let’s Go Marlins!

Week Ending 4/24/2022

Let’s Go Marlins!

Week Ending 4/24/2022

Let’s Go Marlins!

1. Could be any of us, we have a strong team this year and need everyone to score

2. I love sea food, lobster, fish, anything 

3. I think the pre season gives us a chance to warm up

4. Christmas 

5. I dunno, a lot of stuff

6. 40 year old virgin

Week Ending 4/24/2022 or 5/1/2022

1. We've gotten off to a blazing hot start to the season. What do you think is the #1 reason why?

2. If you were to change your player's position today what would you change them to?

3. Since Earth Day just happened, what is your favourite outdoor activity? 

4. Since this is the last week of April, what was the best thing that happened to you / you did this month?

5. Who is one player (on the site or in real life) that you would want to acquire this season?

6. Do you prefer cold rain or warm rain?

Let’s Go Marlins!

@Firekiss  @hedgehog337  @BrutalBoost  @Brodie_Landry  @tcookie  @Plate  @weekz  @Bruh  @Snussu  @JCarson  @DMaximus   @David Cobberson  @Sam_19  @Hoopydog  @Creegan610  @Zack  @aleks  @MMFLEX  @frescoelmo

7 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

1. We've gotten off to a blazing hot start to the season. What do you think is the #1 reason why?

Main reason for our blazing hot start is out goaltending.

2. If you were to change your player's position today what would you change them to?

If i was going to change position I would become a center

My favourite outdoor activity is hiking. The more secluded the better.

4. Since this is the last week of April, what was the best thing that happened to you / you did this month?

Best thing that happened in April was scoring my first VHLM goal

5. Who is one player (on the site or in real life) that you would want to acquire this season?

If I had to try and acquire a player it would be Mitch Marner, very few people have the play making ability that he possesses

If it is cold I like warm rain, if it is hot I like cold rain.

Let’s Go Marlins!

@Firekiss  @hedgehog337  @BrutalBoost  @Brodie_Landry  @tcookie  @Plate  @weekz  @Bruh  @Snussu  @JCarson  @DMaximus   @David Cobberson  @Sam_19  @Hoopydog  @Creegan610  @Zack  @aleks  @MMFLEX  @frescoelmo

8 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Let’s Go Marlins!

1. We are a very deep team so being able to hit opposing teams with 4 quality lines is huge. We also have a brick wall for a goalie.

2. I'd probably change to a winger, the new attributes have slightly shafted centers a bit and not having to invest in face-offs would mean I could better round out my player.

3. I really like running. I got into it last summer and I miss the days I cant go a run.

4. I finished my 3rd year of university which is a huge achievement for me.

5. I'd go with Svatopluk Puk, he's just a very good forward and you can never say no to more good forwards

6. I prefer cold rain because once you get inside, it easier to dry off and warm up compared to the horribly muggy feeling of warm rain

On 4/18/2022 at 9:42 AM, jacobcarson877 said:

Week Ending 4/24/2022

Let’s Go Marlins!

1. I honestly think Molly The Cat will score  the first goal.

2. I like Crab, Crawfish, I love shrimp, octopus is alright, Tilapia is another one of my favorites, and one more is Salmon. 

3. I honestly don’t care about what time of the season it is. It doesn’t matter if it’s Preseason, Regular Season, or Post Season. I just love the game.

4. My favorite holiday is New Year’s Eve, because it’s multiple steps closer to a New opportunity in life. If you don’t take opportunities in life you won’t go anywhere and opportunities make you who you are.

5.I wish I could be better at ball handling in basketball.

6. Evander Kane any day. He is literally my render.

14 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Let’s Go Marlins!

1. Our friggin goaltender has like 75% of his wins as shutouts, and it takes more than 60 minutes to beat him. Our team is a combination of defense and goaltending so I think it's hard for teams to the puck past the goal line. 

2. I would probably change to a center and put points in faceoffs as winger two-way forwards aren't worth as much as centers. 

3. My favourite outdoor activity is goolf by far. My uncle owns a golf course down the road from me a ways so I get to play there regularly. 

4. Best thing that happened to me was breaking up and getting my ex out of my life entirely. 

5. GET JIGGLY IN HERE YOU GUYS. LET HIM IN. LET HIM IN. 

6. Honestly I prefer cold rain. Warm rain has like a weird musty smell, but cold rain at least chills you down a bit and is almost refreshing. 

On 4/24/2022 at 12:13 AM, jacobcarson877 said:

Let’s Go Marlins!

1. We have a complete lineup with many good guys

2. him just on the other wing haha

3. playing soccer 

4. my last game of hockey of the year 

5. Dlamb my gm in the VHL 

6. warm rain, you can go outside when it’s that 

Smart coaching and excellent goaltending

Probably a winger because that's what I'm built like right now anyway

Chilling by the water with fish and chips

Well I've been out more enjoying the good weather and I've had easier sleeps!

5. Who is one player (on the site or in real life) that you would want to acquire this season?

Bring in any of my old teammates from S67, would be crazy 

6. Do you prefer cold rain or warm?

Probably warm for sure, who likes freezing!

Edited by Zack

On 4/24/2022 at 1:13 AM, jacobcarson877 said:

Let’s Go Marlins!

1. I think there’s tons of reasons why, most importantly we just came to play

2. maybe a winger

3. maybe throwing a football or playing ball hockey

4. First not to sure, the success of the team is definitely up there

5. it would be dope having someone like Morgan Riley as a D partner 

6. probably cold rain

Week Ending 5/1/2022 or 5/8/2022

1. We are now about a third of the way through the season, and we currently sit at the top of the standings, do you think we will be able to stay there?

2. We have added a lot of players since the draft, who do you think has been the most important addition during the season?

3. Apparently the NHL playoffs are starting, pick a first round series and tell me who you think is going to win and why.

4. Frank just got added to the recruitment team (and got a cool new pink name on the forum), what is one suggestion you have for the new recruitment team on how they can add more members, and retain more members?

5. What song/album/artist have you been listening to a lot this past week?

6. We've seen a decent sample size of games now, what have you learned about the new hybrid attributes?

Let’s Go Marlins!

10 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

1. We are now about a third of the way through the season, and we currently sit at the top of the standings, do you think we will be able to stay there?

2. We have added a lot of players since the draft, who do you think has been the most important addition during the season?

3. Apparently the NHL playoffs are starting, pick a first round series and tell me who you think is going to win and why.

4. Frank just got added to the recruitment team (and got a cool new pink name on the forum), what is one suggestion you have for the new recruitment team on how they can add more members, and retain more members?

6. We've seen a decent sample size of games now, what have you learned about the new hybrid attributes?

Let’s Go Marlins!

1. Yes absolutely, we will keep at the top 

2. everyone is important in is way, no matter what 

3. the panthers will win their serie for sure, they have many talented players and a good 3rd and 4th line 

4. make more pub on other discord servers 

5. Motley Crue, I have watched their movie so I love listening their songs 

6. That it’s more hard to score! Goalies are way better than players 

11 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Let’s Go Marlins!

1. There's a strong chance we stay at the top. In the battle of San Diego vs Las Vegas, the battle will be whoever wins the regular-season series will win the league. 

2. Wit da Hoodie is definitely the best acquisition for the team. It cost an arm and a leg but overall the skill on the back end was definitely worth it. 

3. Probably the most contested 1st round series has to be Toronto vs Tampa. I have Tampa winning the series in seven games. It's really hard to bet against back-to-back Stanley Cups against a team that regularly falls short in the playoffs. 

4. The hardest part about growing a business is centered around keeping the community that you have. I think a problem the league has is it doesn't reward active members enough. 

5. I have been CRANKING Paramore for the past week or so. Their song Ignorance is probably of my top 5 favorite songs. 

6. Goalies are better but that's because players are now using literally half their TPE's worth of points. A 200 TPE goalie is 200TPA, but a 200 TPE player is 100 TPA. 

16 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Let’s Go Marlins!

1. I think we will yeah, we are managing to win games by any means so if we can keep that up then we should be able to stay on the top spot.

2. I think AK92 wit da hoodie has been the best addition so far. They've helped tighten up our defensive game and contribute some nice offense too.

3. I think the lightning will beat the maple leafs in 6 games this year and this is because the lightning know what it takes to win and I think that winning mentality will help the edge the leafs in the series. It'll be close tho.

4. I don't really have much to contribute to the retention debate as the reason I went IA before was mainly due to irl reasons.

5. I've been loving Candy Coated Lie$ by Hot Milk recently. Song slaps.

6. That going for a balanced build isn't as hard as you'd think it would be. I managed to get good production  out of a pretty balanced build and you don't need high scoring to score goals.

18 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Let’s Go Marlins!

1) Definitely we can stay in first, we are the best team in the VHLM

2) AK92 Wit Da Hoodie has been the best pick up

3) Toronto vs Tampa, Toronto has it in 6 for sure

4) Use VHLM as a learning space, seasoned players should start back into the VHLE while new people should go to VHLM

5) I have been listening the the Classic Rock radio station so 70, 80 and 90's varied artists

6) I've only known these attributes so have learned I need to get them.  Don't know how things have changed.

Edited by JCarson

On 5/1/2022 at 8:13 PM, jacobcarson877 said:

Let’s Go Marlins!

@CanucksFan @Bruh @Crummer77

1. Yes I think we will, we've been playing pretty well recently.

2. Probably Wit Da Hoodie, but everybody contributes.

3. I think Florida will win the FLA/WSH series as they have a lot of depth, whereas the Caps rely on their first two lines.

4. Finding ways to keep members active, like NHL game prediction etc. 

5. I don't really listen to music, but I've been listening to a bit of country recently, not really any songs in particular though.

6. It way harder to score, but that's not a very good example for me as I'm having a way better season than last year.

16 hours ago, Frank said:

1. Yes I do I think we have the most talented roster in the league.

2. I think Malum Maellard as he is one of our top point scorers this season

3. I think St louis is going to beat the wild as much as it pains me tos say it as I am a wild fan

4. I think just finding ways for more players to interact

5. Good Times by All Time Low

6.  It is harder to put up a lot of points but before I got traded I was a point per game player so I'm a little confused as to why I only have 3 point in 16 games with this team.

Week Ending 5/8/2022 or 5/15/2022

1. We currently have 7 players on pace for 20 goals. How many Marlins do you think reach the 20-goal mark?

2. Who do you think has the best player name on the team?

3. If you were GM for a day, what would you do?

4. How do you feel about your players recent performance?

5. Would you rather win 1-0 or 8-7?

6. What was the best meal you had this week?

Let’s Go Marlins!

@Firekiss  @hedgehog337  @BrutalBoost  @Brodie_Landry  @tcookie  @Plate  @weekz  @Bruh  @Snussu  @JCarson  @DMaximus   @David Cobberson  @Sam_19  @Hoopydog  @Zack  @CanucksFan  @Crummer77   @aleks  @MMFLEX  @frescoelmo

27 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

1. We currently have 7 players on pace for 20 goals. How many Marlins do you think reach the 20-goal mark?

Let’s Go Marlins!

@Firekiss  @hedgehog337  @BrutalBoost  @Brodie_Landry  @tcookie  @Plate  @weekz  @Bruh  @Snussu  @JCarson  @DMaximus   @David Cobberson  @Sam_19  @Hoopydog  @Zack  @CanucksFan  @Crummer77   @aleks  @MMFLEX  @frescoelmo

1) We should have 8 players reach 20 goals this season

2) DJ Fire Dragon has the best name.

3) I would fire the AGM, he can be a pain at times

4) I'm on a three game point streak, I think i have been doing well recently.

5) 8-7 as i would probably get some points.  A 1-0 game probably means nothing for me

6) Best meal i had this week was home made pizza.

14 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Let’s Go Marlins!

1. I think 5 people reach 20 goals

2.  I like the name Joachim Bryngelson

3. I don't know I don't have any GM experience but I might look to trade players who aren't performing as well as I thought they would

4. I think my player has stepped up a bit but he needs to be doing more.

5. 1-0 I like shutouts

6. Probably burgers