San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

On 5/8/2022 at 8:36 PM, jacobcarson877 said:

SAN DIEGO MARLINS PRESS CONFERENCE 

Week Ending 5/8/2022 or 5/15/2022

Answer 3 questions for 1 capped TPE, all 6 for 2. 

1. We currently have 7 players on pace for 20 goals. How many Marlins do you think reach the 20-goal mark?

2. Who do you think has the best player name on the team?

3. If you were GM for a day, what would you do?

4. How do you feel about your players recent performance?

5. Would you rather win 1-0 or 8-7?

6. What was the best meal you had this week?

Let’s Go Marlins!

@Firekiss  @hedgehog337  @BrutalBoost  @Brodie_Landry  @tcookie  @Plate  @weekz  @Bruh  @Snussu  @JCarson  @DMaximus   @David Cobberson  @Sam_19  @Hoopydog  @Zack  @CanucksFan  @Crummer77   @aleks  @MMFLEX  @frescoelmo

1.  8 i think more players will do a big up 

2. me for sure haha Cole Caufield is a beast ! Imagine is son haha 

3. I would do so many trades hahaha 

4. it’s bad.. I mean really bad, my player don’t do a single thing important in the games.. 

5. 1-0 because that mean we do a nice job in defense 

6. A lobster 🦞 it is soooo good 

Week Ending 5/15/2022 or 5/22/2022

1. So the Leafs lost another Game 7, do you think franchises can truly be cursed?

2. What is your drink of choice?

3. When do you tend to update your player?

4. Usually before the Trade Deadline we have a Theme Week, where Point Tasks about the theme get extra TPE. If you had to make a theme, what would it be?

5. We are currently on pace for 57.6 wins this season. How many wins do you think we can realistically get for this 72-game season?

6. If you were to expand/relocate a team for the VHLM what city would you put them in?

Let’s Go Marlins!

@Firekiss  @hedgehog337  @BrutalBoost    @tcookie  @Plate  @weekz   @Snussu  @JCarson  @DMaximus   @David Cobberson  @Sam_19  @Hoopydog  @Zack  @CanucksFan  @Crummer77   @MMFLEX  @frescoelmo  @Rain  @Otaznik

6 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

1. So the Leafs lost another Game 7, do you think franchises can truly be cursed?

4. Usually before the Trade Deadline we have a Theme Week, where Point Tasks about the theme get extra TPE. If you had to make a theme, what would it be?

5. We are currently on pace for 57.6 wins this season. How many wins do you think we can realistically get for this 72-game season?

6. If you were to expand/relocate a team for the VHLM what city would you put them in?

Let’s Go Marlins!

1) There is no such thing as curses, 

2) In the morning coffee, in the afternoon/evening generally coke, alcohol of choice is either Rum or Whiskey

3) I update my player as soon as i am able to update my player.

4) Definitely a Player Pets theme

5) We should hit 60 wins

6) Expansion/Relocation would have to be Climax Michigan or Hooker Oklahoma

6 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

7 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Let’s Go Marlins!

@Firekiss  @hedgehog337  @BrutalBoost    @tcookie  @Plate  @weekz   @Snussu  @JCarson  @DMaximus   @David Cobberson  @Sam_19  @Hoopydog  @Zack  @CanucksFan  @Crummer77   @MMFLEX  @frescoelmo  @Rain  @Otaznik

1. I don't think they are cursed, they just played a really good team and came up short. If they had maybe played some of the other east teams they might've won.

2. I quite like a blue gatorade, not really a massive fan of fizzy drinks.

3. I usually do it at the start of the week but my schedules a bit hectic  at the moment so it's more of a last minute thing now.

4. I think a theme based around "Big game heroics" could be fun. Could write about how your player performed well in a big game or make up a story about one.

5. I think 55 wins would be a great season for us and would show just how dominant we are.

6. Obvious choice for me is glasgow. Hometown team would be great and it's a city with a big sporting culture.

On 5/9/2022 at 1:36 AM, jacobcarson877 said:

1. We currently have 7 players on pace for 20 goals. How many Marlins do you think reach the 20-goal mark?

Let’s Go Marlins!

@Firekiss  @hedgehog337  @BrutalBoost  @Brodie_Landry  @tcookie  @Plate  @weekz  @Bruh  @Snussu  @JCarson  @DMaximus   @David Cobberson  @Sam_19  @Hoopydog  @Zack  @CanucksFan  @Crummer77   @aleks  @MMFLEX  @frescoelmo

1. There's a decent chance that all 7 players can hit it as we keep winning games and scoring a fair amount of goals.

2. I think Ak92 Wit Da Hoodie is the most creative name we have so it's the best.

3. I would use my GM powers to track down Simon and his sim engine and give him a piece of my mind.

4. It's been OK, averaging about a point per game recently so can't complain but would obviously like yo put up more points.

5. 1-0 shows a more controlled game an a great solid defensive performance.

6. I had carbonara pasta bake a couple nights ago and it's was godly.

On 5/8/2022 at 9:36 PM, jacobcarson877 said:

Let’s Go Marlins!

1. I think we'll have about 10 or so. Anything less and I would be surprised. 
2. Joachim Bryngelson is such a hard name to say, I love it. 
3. I would fire @jacobcarson877and replace him with @jacobcarson877.
4. I was hoping that Jordan would be a ppg player, but with the recent changes I'm glad that scoring is overall lower. It must be really special for those players out there who are above a PPG. 
5. As a defensive forward, 1-0 is a much more comfortable win than 8-7. 
6. There was a chicken pot pie from swiss chalet that we bought frozen and honestly it was pretty decent. 

On 5/15/2022 at 1:53 AM, jacobcarson877 said:

Let’s Go Marlins!

1.  I don’t know but they really need to find a way to win 

2. gatorade, I drink it everyday, it’s gives energy 

3. I don’t know what that means but if it’s on what points, it’s on shoot and skating 

4. NHL playoffs for sure, that would be great 

5. I’ll said 54, we have a good team that can win many games 

6. Quebec! That would be a good place with many peoples in the stands! 

On 5/15/2022 at 12:53 AM, jacobcarson877 said:

Let’s Go Marlins!

1.  No I think they're paying 5 players too much so that the rest of the roster doesn't have good depth.

2. Mountain Dew

3. Usually Sometime during the week I rarely go on during the weekend

4. Something to do with the NHL playoffs

5. I think around 55 wins is pretty realistic

6. Minneapolis get the state of hockey a team.

1. well idk, they were one of the strongest teams, but they also got really strong opponent in the first round.
2. water i guess.
3. i am already 200 TPA, so after the season :D
4. umm i dont do them.
5. hmm 55 would be nice.
6. i think san diego is already a good one :)

Yes, definitely franchises can be "cursed". There becomes a mindset within the franchise that can prevent good things from happening. Once the franchise adopts that mindset, the cycle will continue. Thus the curse.

I honestly like water a lot, so I tend to drink that more than anything else. Non-alcoholic side, I like root beer. Alcoholic side, I like beer.

The time of this post can help answer your question, Sunday night. Although in my defense, I am capped, so the TPE doesn't really mean anything for now. There's no harm in me waiting until the end of the week.

Week Ending 5/22/2022 or 5/29/2022

1. It is a long weekend for me as I write this, so what is your favourite thing to do on a holiday or long weekend?

2. What is your favourite kind of pet? Dogs? Cats? Something else altogether?

3. If you could break one single-season record with your player, what would it be?

4. Do you like to play video games? If so, what is your favourite one at the moment?

5. As we get ready for the playoffs, how is your player preparing to play their best?

6. If your player had an entrance theme song, what would it be?

Let’s Go Marlins!

4 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

1. It is a long weekend for me as I write this, so what is your favourite thing to do on a holiday or long weekend?
 Sleep in!

Cats all day

3. If you could break one single-season record with your player, what would it be?

Most shot blocks because that's hard to do

4. Do you like to play video games? If so, what is your favourite one at the moment?

Nah I don't really play them anymore

5. As we get ready for the playoffs, how is your player preparing to play their best?

Eating right, studying game plan strategies and relaxing

Something custom

1. Sleep, sleep, sleep lol
2. dogs are really good pets.
3. I think i would choose the most goals scored.
4. I used to play as a kid, but now i dont have time for video games. I used to like GTA series
5. Eat, train, sleep. Maybe i sholud add some meditation too, afte his poor performance in these last games.
6. Hard to choose, but it sure would be something energetic.

10 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Let’s Go Marlins!

1. I like to go up to my cabin

2. I like dogs they have energy and like to play

3. goals I think that would be an achievement remembered for a long time.

4. I like nhl and mlb the show at the moment

5. He really stepped up his performance and is getting close the the ppg mark

6. I'm not sure but it would be something that gets the adrenaline pumping

12 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Let’s Go Marlins!

1) Favourite thing about long weekends is sleeping in.

2) Definitely Cats, I have 2 and they are independent and quirky

3) I would love to break the single season record of most penalty minutes

4) I like playing video games but don't get to do it that much, not specifically playing anything right now.

5) Getting ready for the playoffs by getting lots of rest and recovering from any nagging injuries

6) My entrance theme song would be Bat out of Hell by Meatloaf

On 5/23/2022 at 12:19 AM, jacobcarson877 said:

Let’s Go Marlins!

1.  Drink a lot of beer and vodka haha I take the best things ! 

2. dogs, a dog is like a friend you can do many things  with them 

3. The most goal scored in a season! I hope I’ll be good 

4. Yeah, I play a lot of fifa and nhl, I play in ultimate team and franchise mode 

5. I do my best to have the more tpe possible 

6. Crazy train, this song is pumping me up so much 

On 5/23/2022 at 5:19 AM, jacobcarson877 said:

Let’s Go Marlins!

1. I love to bowling with me friends, there's something about flinging a bowling bowl down the alley that makes me so happy.

2. I like dogs although I've only ever had hamsters but whenever I get to see my friends dogs it's a lot of fun.

3. Bit of random one but since I'm center, I'd like to have the best face-off percentage ever just so I could be the best player in my position for a season.

4. I'm playing a lot of FIFA at the moment but my favourite game of all time is Skyrim

5. Just trying to stay as relaxed as possible, lots of players lose theirs heads in the play-offs so staying calm can give you big edge when it matters the most.

6. Metalingus by Alter Bridge would be my choice, it's also Edge's WWE walkout song.

SAN DIEGO MARLINS (featuring the Brigade of the JST) PRESS CONFERENCE 

Week Ending 5/29/2022 or 6/5/2022

1. The summer weather looks like its here to stay for me, what is your favourite summer activity?

2. In honour of our Junior Showcase Tournament friends, including our very own Cole Caulfield jr, how does your player spend their offseason?

3. What is your favourite sport to play, besides hockey?

4. The Monaco Grand Prix happened this weekend in Formula 1, so what is your favourite car, or car brand?

5. We are slowly but surely approaching my favourite part of the season, draft season, so what is more important to you the team you get drafted to or the draft position (1st, 24th etc.)?

6. Did you play hockey growing up (or still), if so how long or what level did you play?

Let’s Go Marlins!

Answer 3 questions for 1 capped TPE, all 6 for 2. 

1. The summer weather looks like its here to stay for me, what is your favourite summer activity?
It's something I don't do nearly enough anymore, but golfing. I have taken to enjoying working outside at our house, like gardening and landscaping.

2. In honour of our Junior Showcase Tournament friends, including our very own Cole Caulfield jr, how does your player spend their offseason?
Clueless just follows where the wind blows. It's far too much of an ask for Clueless to have a plan for how to spend the offseason.

Ha, I mentioned this above, golf. If golf isn't a sport, then soccer.

4. The Monaco Grand Prix happened this weekend in Formula 1, so what is your favourite car, or car brand?
I've always like the look and style of Aston Martins. 

5. We are slowly but surely approaching my favourite part of the season, draft season, so what is more important to you the team you get drafted to or the draft position (1st, 24th etc.)?
I take pride in my draft position, so I guess that. But at the end of the day, the team does matter more, because the team is what wins you championships. 

6. Did you play hockey growing up (or still), if so how long or what level did you play?
I did, I played "competitively" throughout high school. I played rec league in college and in bar leagues after college. That doesn't really count, imo.

23 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Let’s Go Marlins!

1) Favourite summer activity is sitting in the air conditioning

2) Going to spend the offseason training

3) Favourite sport to play is baseball (i make a great right fielder, if nobody is hitting there)

4) Favourite car brand is Hyundai, cheap and reliable

5) Most important to me is that i get to play on my new team

6) Only road hockey.

On 5/29/2022 at 2:25 PM, jacobcarson877 said:

Let’s Go Marlins!

1. My favorite summer activity would be camping and spending time with family. Also playing golf i suck at it but i love it.

2. Oviously training but also spending time with my family.

3. Beside hockey id say ball hockey haha probably golfing!

4. Not my favorite sports but McLaren.

5. Its important to get drafted the highest as possible and then go from there.

6. I played hockey growing up but started pretty late. I was about 15 and played rec my whole life but even though i wasnt the best i enjoyed each and every shift i played. 

On 5/29/2022 at 12:25 PM, jacobcarson877 said:

Let’s Go Marlins!

1. I like going up to my cabin and going on the lake

2. relaxing getting ready for the next season

3. I like to play football for fun

4. I don't watch racing so I have no idea

5. I prefer getting drafted higher as oppose to being drafted to a championship team

6. I've played hockey since I was 5 and still am for my high school

On 5/30/2022 at 12:13 AM, DMaximus said:

Answer 3 questions for 1 capped TPE, all 6 for 2. 

It's something I don't do nearly enough anymore, but golfing. I have taken to enjoying working outside at our house, like gardening and landscaping.

Clueless just follows where the wind blows. It's far too much of an ask for Clueless to have a plan for how to spend the offseason.

Ha, I mentioned this above, golf. If golf isn't a sport, then soccer.

I've always like the look and style of Aston Martins. 

I take pride in my draft position, so I guess that. But at the end of the day, the team does matter more, because the team is what wins you championships. 

I did, I played "competitively" throughout high school. I played rec league in college and in bar leagues after college. That doesn't really count, imo.

On 5/29/2022 at 1:25 PM, jacobcarson877 said:

Let’s Go Marlins!

1. Playing soccer for sure ! I also like going on the beach with friends 

2. I’ll be playing in that and also proam so many hockey for me in the off-season 

3. soccer like I said, I really like that, I play 5 times a week so I really like that 

4. I don’t really watch that but my favourite car in the world is an Audi, they are really cool 

5. the team ! I want to be in a team that is really active and have gms that are doing a great job like the one we have here ! 

6. yeah I have played and I still play now, I have played in the BB and AA 

On 5/29/2022 at 6:25 PM, jacobcarson877 said:

Let’s Go Marlins!

1. I quite like hill walking. Living in Scotland there are tons of hills evrywhere and it's nice just to end up sky high in the middle of nowhere.

2. Wallace is a bit of a fiend for a night out so plenty of partying before the season starts back up again.

3. Either badminton or football (soccer). I'm much better at badminton but probably enjoy playing football a bit more.

4. Bit of an odd one but my favourite car is the Peugeot RCZ. I dont know why I like it so much but I've always wanted one since I was like 10.

5. I'm not overly bothered about draft position, Obviously the higher you get drafted the more people pay attention to you etc... but I would much rather get drafted in the 4th or 5th round and go to a team I want to play for or has people I like on it, than get stuck a team that I dont want to be on but go in the 1st round.

6. I didnt play ice hockey as it isnt a big thing over here but I played field hockey for about 4 years. Never played any higher than regoinally.