San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

On 6/19/2022 at 7:24 PM, jacobcarson877 said:

SAN DIEGO MARLINS PRESS CONFERENCE 

Week Ending 6/19/2022 or 6/26/2022

Answer 3 questions for 1 capped TPE, all 6 for 2. 

1. The VHL Draft recently happened, so if you got drafted how do you feel? If your draft is next season, what are your goals for the VHL Draft?

2. What do you think is the biggest thing you can bring to your team next season?

3. There has been a lot of GM turnover this offseason, would you ever consider becoming a GM or AGM?

4. The Stanley Cup Finals is in full swing, with the Colorado Avalanche walloping the Lightning so far. Do you think Tampa Bay can come back to win it and complete the threepeat?

5. As I am writing this, it is Father's Day (at least here in Canada), what is one thing you appreciate about a paternal figure in your life?

6. We're going on a camping trip! What do you bring for the group?

1. I feel good. It was a little bit stressful to not knowing where I will be going, but it's feel nice to go to San Diego!

2. He will bring a physical presence on the ice. I will do it with speed and I hope to bring some offense too.

3. Probably not. At least not until I'm in the VHL. I learn to learn more about the league and try to find the time to do all the stuff that need to be done.

4. I don't think so and I hope not. They play a good game 3, but I hope that's gonna be their only win.

5. I'm in Canada too so yeah it's nice to celebrate our dad after what he did for us (skate, mechanic, drive, etc.)

6. Something to play sports (baseball, football) or some cards to pass time.

Week Ending 6/26/2022 or 7/3/2022

1. The season starts this week! How prepared do you feel?

2. The Stanley Cup Finals is coming to a close. Avalanche or Lightning, 6 or 7 games?

3. How much are you planning to pay attention to the VHLE and VHL this season?

4. What does a life after hockey look like for your player?

5. If your player were to lead one individual stat this season, what would you want it to be?

6. How long would your player survive in the apocalypse?

@Frank  @Anthique  @JeffD  @Guillaume Grandisson  @Retuperkele  @MrMoose  @Phil

1. I'm prepare to win every little thing I can touch.

2. Avs in 6 I'm from the future and I know I'm right 

3. IDk enough that I not suck in the predictions for those league

4. rich sunny vacation going around the world def have a house in Hawaii 

5. Faceoff%, points pass goals less pim +/- 

6. he has 97 strength so I think he can survive for at least 1 year he watched a lot of apocalypse show 

1. The season starts this week! How prepared do you feel?

Excited! First game for me in the VHLM, so I need to do good and have fun!

2. The Stanley Cup Finals is coming to a close. Avalanche or Lightning, 6 or 7 games?

Colorado all the way. Time for a new champions and the Avalanche have all the tools to win.

3. How much are you planning to pay attention to the VHLE and VHL this season?

VHL not that much, VHLM it's my league so I will check who I will play against.

4. What does a life after hockey look like for your player?

Help the young players in France to get better and eventually get them in the VHL.

5. If your player were to lead one individual stat this season, what would you want it to be?

Hits. I want to bring a physical presence and I will be happy if I lead the league or at least my team in that category.

6. How long would your player survive in the apocalypse?

Probably a lot. He's big and strong, but not stupid to get killed easily by some mistakes.

Week Ending 7/3/2022 or 7/10/2022

1. Although we had a slow first couple sims, we've been winning games since. What do you think is the reason for our upturn of winning?

2. What is the best thing you ate/drank this week?

3. The NHL Entry Draft is this week, do you plan on watching it?

4. Where is one place you'd love to travel to?

5. What is one thing about the VHL that has confused you?

6. What is another hobby that you have?

@Frank  @Anthique  @JeffD   @FriedRiceJutsu  @Toast   @Franklin   @Phil

Edited by jacobcarson877

1. Although we had a slow first couple sims, we've been winning games since. What do you think is the reason for our upturn of winning?

The season started!? Oh crap! I'm delayed because I haven't had a day off since June 18 lol. As long as we all stay active - we are golden. Not worried at all!

Actually just this morning I made myself a delicious pot of espresso. Other than that - Roast Lamb for food. Jamie Oliver recipe with mint sauce. It was Devine. 

I do not. I wish I had the free time to do it. Also I'm a Leaf's fan - so everything is pretty much futile lol

Hawaii. Not only because of my connections to Dwayne Johnson, or the movie forgetting sarah marshall, but it just looks splendid. 

The salary brackets - mostly because I have never ever once looked at them, and I've been in the league for over a decade. 

Music. I love it. I'm a lyric king. It's kind of nuts how I can retain lyrics. I used to play the piano a lot and was just good enough to play whatever song I felt like playing. Right now as I type this I am listening to some Pop Punk - Dangeous Summer new(ish) single - Fuck Them All... maybe on the next episode of Sass with Stras I'll use it as the intro/outro song.

Winning after tough stretch is always a sign of great perseverance on and off the ice. A team is only as good as they think they are. 

I don't usually eat too fancy, though a few days ago I had some shepherd's pie, it sure doesn't look appetizing but it certainly tastes good. 

I plan to, yes! Although my team is pretty low in the draft so I can't say I expect much.

A few years ago I went to Iceland, loved it. Would definitely love to go again some time.

I'm still unsure about individual player simulation, will a user have influence on that or no? Seems fun regardless.

Gaming, I am not new to hockey simulations, I love playing around with what ifs and that sort of thing in my own time on the EA NHL games.

The team is meshing together well and I think it's the reward of us staying positive and working hard to improve. I'm sure we'll see the wins keep on coming.

Currently on a vacation to Toronto to see some Blue Jays games so we've been going out for a few nice meals but nothing hits the spot better than a ballpark dog.

It seems like the Sens might move the 7th overall pick and if that happens, no, I don't plan on watching. I'll just follow along on an app. 

I'm very much a home body and would rather stay home and relax but if I had to choose somewhere it would be Switzerland. I have a friend out there who I should have visited years ago. 

Coming back around this time I'm mostly just lost with the addition of the European league. It was announced when my activity was dropping so I'll have to see what its like to figure it out. 

While it's a boring answer, all the rest of my free time mostly goes into video games. Approaching 1000 hours played in Destiny 2 now!

11 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Continued earning from important players is going to lead to some better success going forward.

Had some excellent food at a wedding last weekend - filet mignon for the main entre was excellent.

I'll catch the first couple of rounds probably then follow online for other picks for the Leafs

One of the next places on my list is Australia, would love to visit some friends there.

I've been around here on and off since it started in 2007, so not a whole lot around here confuses me.

I have gotten big into golfing over the past couple of years and it is something I am having a great time trying to improve in.

Some players came to our team to help us. We can now have some good duo and a big three at defense.

A burger and a poutine two days ago at A&W. With a good root beer haha!

Yes some people are coming to my house to watch it live. The draft is two hour from home, but the tickets are too expensive.

Europe in general. I've always stay in Canada and US. Never took the plan too so Europe maybe next year.

Having three leagues. I'm also in the SHL and we have only two so having a third one was confusing because I don't understand why lol

Motorcycle. I have a cbr650 so when I can, I go out and take a ride :)

Pretty sure it's with good strats and waiver pickups. Going into the season as we get more waivers signed we'll likely be good to go and should be able to give a good fight against other teams. 

It has to be the yoghurt drink I have everyday. It's pretty basic but I honestly can't more than 2 days without it.

Unfortunately I don't have access to any live streams or tv broadcasts but I'll be interested in seeing who goes 1st overall and who the teams decide to pick.

I wanna go to India, Canada and even New Zealand. 

The new system? It is kinda hard for me to see which hybrid attribute affects which sths attribute since I'm so used to seeing the old system. Another one that has always confused me was the career point tasks. 

Playing valorant is something I love to do. Apart from that, it's listening to music 

Week Ending 7/10/2022 or 7/17/2022

1. We seem to have gone about .500 this week, what is your player doing to try to win those second games?

2. Do you wish the TPE Cap was higher than 12? Or perhaps you think it is too high? Spill your thoughts.

3.  What has been the most surprising performance on the team so far?

4. If you could have one VHL user or NHL player on the team, who would they be?

5. Give me music recommendation?

6. Has your player build met your expectations so far this season?

@Frank  @Anthique  @JeffD   @FriedRiceJutsu  @Toast   @Franklin   @Blazzer   @Phil

Edited by jacobcarson877

18 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

1. We seem to have gone about .500 this week, what is your player doing to try to win those second games?

2. Do you wish the TPE Cap was higher than 12? Or perhaps you think it is too high? Spill your thoughts.

1. I'm surprised to see how well Braun is getting involved now. Started off a little slow but got some goals on the board this week despite going for a defensive build out of the gate.

2. I think it's just fine. It seems players are doing well enough if you max earn with the 12 plus any uncapped so raising this would get things out of hand.

3. Pedersen standing on their head to put up an early .915 save percentage! With a young team it's important to have a goalie who an steal some wins for us. 

4. I would bring Alex DeBrincat to the Marlins simply because I'm an Ottawa fan and can't wait to see what the elite sniper can do!

5. "Melacoton" - Subwoolfer

6. Not really. I'm hoping to get a defensive guy going but with the lack of bodies on the team Braun can't help but get involved with the offense. I would love to see those hits climb a bit. 

23 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

I think my level of play has been pretty good so far. Second in the league in save percentage so I think I am giving the team a chance every night.

I think twelve is a pretty good amount. Allows the max earners to get a lot per week but also allows for other lower earners to make a living.

John Jameson has been a great revelation for us. He is going to be a star in the future.

I'd love to have a defenseman like Victor Hedman playing for us. That would be amazing.

If you haven't listened to it before I would suggest giving Run the Jewels a listen to, if you are into hip hop that is.

Yes I love what Pedersen has done so far, it has been very enjoyable.

My player is starting to rack up the points for sure so we'll see how much that can help the team. Shrimp is starting to heat up and he has the potential to help in any aspect.

I think it's an okay cap because if you do have the ability to earn then you can definitely reach the cap easily. However for those that are a little busy, it may be difficult and they have to be satisfied with 10 per week with welfare. 

Us starting to be better. Everyone has been contributing and everyone has been showing up to the rink everyday. It makes things easier on and off the ice for everyone especially the goalie of the team.

I would say Shea Theodore, I'm a big vgk fan and he has great defensive abilities that will help the goalie and also the forwards. His got a good eye with great hockey IQ, smooth hands for deking too.

It's still to early to judge Shrimp rn but I would say I am satisfied so far and I hope the sim gods bless him.

On 7/9/2022 at 11:03 PM, jacobcarson877 said:

Week Ending 7/10/2022 or 7/17/2022

1. Get those hands moving! I have almost the same number of goals than passes so I tried to get on the scoresheet with offensive numbers. I also continue to give some bodycheck.

2. A little bit hight yes, but with all the activities we can do it's manageable. I would take a 10, but the maximum TPE will be lower and I would prefer if it's goes higher so I don't really ahve a solution right here haha!

3. Phil Strasmore with 10 goals. He's a defenseman and he have more goals than me! His shooting percentage is ridiculus with almost 15%. But good for him and for us!

4. Connor McDavid. With his speed and my physical presence, we will our opponents on the ice and win the championship haha!

5. Depends what you like. Country Luke Combs is great, rock I listen to Volbeat and Electric Callboy, rap Loud and Fouki but it's French music lol. Marshmallow come to town (Québec) tomorrow so it will be nice!

6. Yes! I would have prefer more offensive from my part, but my build is more of a power forward so with that, I can say I'm 90% satisfy.

Week Ending 7/17/2022 or 7/24/2022

1. The theme week should be announced soon, if you haven't seen it b the time you read this, any predictions? Otherwise give me your thoughts on it.

2. The focus for the Marlins seems to have swung to future seasons, what can we do to make the most of the rest of the season?

3. At the time of writing this, we are still 3-points in the playoffs. Do you see us making the playoffs?

4. The NHL Entry draft happened recently, if you paid attention to it, who do you think did well? Otherwise, what round do you think your player would go?

5. What is the best flavour of ice cream?

6. What are you looking forward to in the rest of July?

@FriedRiceJutsu  @Minion

On 7/17/2022 at 4:11 PM, jacobcarson877 said:

Week Ending 7/17/2022 or 7/24/2022

1. The theme week should be announced soon, if you haven't seen it b the time you read this, any predictions? Otherwise give me your thoughts on it.
 Honestly had no idea and never do, not something you can guess lol If I had a choice.. Something to do with statistics

2. The focus for the Marlins seems to have swung to future seasons, what can we do to make the most of the rest of the season?
 Just keep chugging along, it may seem like a long road now but start planning and plottting before it's too late 

3. At the time of writing this, we are still 3-points in the playoffs. Do you see us making the playoffs?

Sorry but I don't, it'll be Ottawa in the 8th seed and Sasky in the 7th I think

4. The NHL Entry draft happened recently, if you paid attention to it, who do you think did well? Otherwise, what round do you think your player would gwoulDidnt

Didn't even know it happened lol Anybody the Senators could add to help our defense would be a good addition

5. What is the best flavour of ice cream?

Strawberry everytime but say they didn't have it.. Bubblegum, if they even have that lmao

6. What are you looking forward to in the rest of July?

Nothing I can think of.. New fun music?

Week Ending 7/24/2022 or 7/31/2022

1. Well, as I write this, we just have 1 player. How great do you think Minion's save percentage is going to be facing all those shots every game?

2. What is your favourite drink after a long hot day?

3. How have you been keeping yourself busy these days?

4. Since this is the last week of the month, what has been the best thing that happened to you this month?

5. What is something you've always wanted to get into, but never got around to it?

6. Which team do you think will surprise us all come the playoffs?

@Minion

7 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

1. Well, as I write this, we just have 1 player. How great do you think Minion's save percentage is going to be facing all those shots every game?
 Minion should be above .910 for sure, kid has a lot of potential and the more work now will pay off later on in his VHLM career so hold tight 

Lemonade is pretty good but it makes me more thirsty so only after a long day.. Not during

Checking out articles, graphics and getting to know the league more, listening to more music than usual

4. Since this is the last week of the month, what has been the best thing that happened to you this month?

My player took over the lead for most points and goals in the VHLE

5. What is something you've always wanted to get into, but never got around to it?

Basketball is a sport I always wanted to play, would be cool to be a radio/host or some kind of sports broadcaster too.. Hmm something simple? Maybe fishing

The Philadelphia Reapers are looking pretty dangerous with all the big names on offense 

On 7/24/2022 at 10:22 AM, jacobcarson877 said:

I'm excited to play along Minon. He's got a lot of talent, I think he'll be have .900 at least.
 Ice water, it hits different after braving the summer sun all day.

Working around the house and helping out in my community.

Honestly getting a better internet so I can better interact with my friends across the country was a huge plus for me.

Learning an instrument, I even had a guitar at one point but never played it.

I gotta say the Reapers are looking pretty deadly. Their defense and offence appear to be stacked.
@Minion

On 7/24/2022 at 8:22 PM, jacobcarson877 said:

He is gona grow but if he gona grow he need the time to train

Drinking Uludag

On my phone 

Sleeping

Playing Rugby

Amazon
@Minion

On 7/24/2022 at 10:22 AM, jacobcarson877 said:

Minion's been a solid goaltender all around so far-- so no doubt, his save percentage is going to be above .900.

Definitely any kind of fizzy drink. Schweppes in particular, if I can get my hands on a can.

Playing video games.

My answer might be a little boring-- but the best thing that happened this month was finally getting around to spending more time with friends and family.

Learning how to play the drums.

The Reapers. They've been looking poised for a solid playoff run, I reckon.

Edited by kirbithan

On 7/24/2022 at 1:22 PM, jacobcarson877 said:

Being alone in net facing shots for the entire game would be tough but i'm feeling optimistic so i'd say .933%

Honestly it's really basic but i'd say water or a slush

Mostly sleeping and playing video games yeah...

I went to the draft in MTL and the Canadiens had a pre-draft party so I met a few former players and the staff+ I visited the locker room 

I honestly don't know... maybe Tennis

In the Nhl I think if the Devils reach playoff they could suprise everyone and maybe make it to conference final and in here defo the San Diego Marlins lol but honestly I haven't really looked into it but i've seen many people throwing flowers at the Reapers so maybe them
@Minion

On 7/24/2022 at 1:22 PM, jacobcarson877 said:

Now that we have many new players to help with this, I think future save percentages are going to be around .915 at least.

Water never tastes better than after a hot day. If it has ice, than it is absolutely perfect, and it's better for you than everything else.

I've been listening to music a lot lately. I've starting working out more and reading more as well.

It was either getting to spend time with my cousins or see Montreal draft first overall.

I've wanted to learn how to play clarinet for a while. I haven't had the time yet, sadly.

Everybody is saying the reapers, so I trust that they will but I'm hoping for San Diego to defy the odds and get into a playoff spot. Then we can go on a run.
@Minion