San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

1. Although there is still lots of time in the season, we seem to have a good shot at the playoffs, how excited are you?

I'm excited for you and I hope that you will pass the first round! 

2. The NHL season is coming quickly. Do you keep up with the NHL? What is your team?

Yes I love hockey. Mostly the Canadiens because I'm in Quebec so no other choices but to look at them, but my team is the Penguins.

3. It has been a rather crazy week for me. What is one thing you do that makes you feel at peace?

Nothing in particular, just taking one thing at a time and establish priorities.

4. Welcome to October! What is your favourite spooky season tradition?

Just going to a party disguise in something crazy, fun or scary, it depends on the theme. 

5. Who would you say is our biggest rival?

For you Mexico City. Close to you in the standing. But I hope for you to close the gap with Saskatoon.

6. If you could have one food right now what would it be?

I'm not hungry right now, but a good Poke Bowl with salmon will do the job for dinner.

21 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

Answer all 6 for 2 TPE, 3 for 1!

1. Although there is still lots of time in the season, we seem to have a good shot at the playoffs, how excited are you?
I'm absolutely stoked to be apart of it. Let's go, Marlins!
2. The NHL season is coming quickly. Do you keep up with the NHL? What is your team?
Yes, the Seattle Kraken. It's a slow build but how about Beniers, eh? We're already looking better this season. 
3. It has been a rather crazy week for me. What is one thing you do that makes you feel at peace?
Spending quality time with the family.

4. Welcome to October! What is your favorite spooky season tradition?
Trick or Treating!
The Saskatoon Wild.
Pepperoni Pizza.
@Markusbg  @GoalPlays  @vincentlg2007  @Mint  @MrMom  @QcjetsQc  @okochastar  @Beau  @kirbithan  @CoolLuigiBro14

On 10/3/2022 at 1:58 PM, jacobcarson877 said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

4. Welcome to October! What is your favourite spooky season tradition?

@Markusbg  @GoalPlays  @vincentlg2007  @Mint  @MrMom  @QcjetsQc  @okochastar  @Beau  @kirbithan  @CoolLuigiBro14

I need a presser so I'm jumping on board!

1. So excited! This team is seriously doing amazing and I cannot wait to see what they can do in the final stretch and the post season.

2. LETS GO PENS! And sometimes the Devils because I live in their demo. But f- the Rangers and Caps and Flyers and Islanders

3. I have jumped on board the Disney Dreamlight Valley train and honestly, it's a hell of a lot of fun. 

4. I really enjoy the fall weather. Jeans and hoodies? Yes please!

5. Probably Miami. But for me, personally, SSK lol.

6. A big bowl of matzoh ball soup. Rainy, cold, and a holiday.

WHO WANTS SOME SWEET SWEET TPE??

Answer 3 for 2 or all 6 for 3!

1. The season is almost over. How are you feeling as we round the bend into the playoffs?

2. What color is your players hair?

3. What do you think your player's biggest improvement has been since the start of the season?

4. How do you think your GM and AGM have done this season?

5. Do you have any suggestions on how your GM or AGM could improve the locker room?

6. If you could steal one thing in the entire world and never get caught, what would you steal?

4 minutes ago, aimkin said:

1. The season is almost over. How are you feeling as we round the bend into the playoffs?

I feel like we’re a dark horse in these playoffs and could really surprise people. We have a great crew and I believe we can put up a fight against these other teams.

Lachlan’s hair color is brown! 

3. What do you think your player's biggest improvement has been since the start of the season?

As a goalie, it is definitely the improvement in save percentage.

I think you guys have done AMAZING. Answering questions, keeping everyone engaged, letting us know what’s going on around the league. . . you have done it all. Thank you for your hard work!

5. Do you have any suggestions on how your GM or AGM could improve the locker room?

Honestly I think the LR is super inviting and fun already. I can’t think of much I would change about it.

6. If you could steal one thing in the entire world and never get caught, what would you steal?

I would steal the Stanley Cup.

2 hours ago, aimkin said:

1. I'm excited to see what we can do.

2. Adam Rage's hair is black.

3. I think Adam has done a good job growing into a guy that can get a job done.

4. I think they have been amazing Jacob has done a great job getting the team going and Aimkin has done great getting these pressers out to help us grab some tpe.

5. I like the LR its not completely dead and it doesn't have 50 people talking at once.

6. That's a tough one but I'd say a Corvette 

On 10/10/2022 at 3:10 PM, aimkin said:

Feeling good, team is really meshing together well got some good line chemistry. Hopefully we can keep this core together for next year.

Brown

Face offs taking the next step really helping keep puck possession

Great, they’ve done a splendid job keeping the team motivated 

I think we need a sjin appreciation room :)

Money printer 😎

That it will be hard for you to get pass the first round when you finished 4th in the conference. Hope that you will get at least one win against the top team.

The same as Josh Anderson haha! Don't know how we could describe it, but just look at my profile picture or look on the internet.

His offensive skills. Finished the season with almost 50 pts in his first season in the VHLE. Next year it will be more about the physical presence. 

Don't know about you, hope they did well!

I'm not in your locker room, but they should talk about everything in life, not just about the VHL.

The Stanley Cup, it would be so beautiful in my home :P 

1. With the Marlins being knocked out of the playoffs (sad), the final 4 includes Miami, Mexico, Philly and Las Vegas. Who do you think has the best shot at a championship?

2. The Junior Showcase Tournament is about to begin. What do you think is the most important aspect to showcase for the GMs looking to draft you?

3. What are you dressing up as for halloween? Or, what was your favourite halloween costume you once wore?

4. If you could have a second player, would you want them to play on the same or a different team than your current player?

5. What was the coolest thing you saw on the forum in the past week?

6. If you were commissioner for the day, what would your first change be?

First I would put my money on Mexico because my gut feeling has them winning it all.

During the Junior showcase tournament I want to show off my physical dominance and ability to get points by passing or doing it myself.

For halloween I will be dressing up as a redneck for no reason other than my own personal amusement.

Personally I would want to have my player play for a different team to see how the experiences differ. 

My favorite thing I saw was the backstory to one of the awards and the player it was named after.

If I was commissioner for one day I would make it so training gave 4 TPE instead of 2 because it just feels right in my mind.

16 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

1. With the Marlins being knocked out of the playoffs (sad), the final 4 includes Miami, Mexico, Philly and Las Vegas. Who do you think has the best shot at a championship?

Vegas are the definite favorites. I’m super proud of us for the fact that we took them to six games, though! Showed we could keep up with the big boys.

2. The Junior Showcase Tournament is about to begin. What do you think is the most important aspect to showcase for the GMs looking to draft you?

I think the most important aspect is locker room activity and how you can contribute to a positive, healthy environment for everyone. As well as showing that you’re active on both the forums and Discord!

3. What are you dressing up as for halloween? Or, what was your favourite halloween costume you once wore?
I’m gonna be Joe Burrow for Halloween— aka just wear his jersey and put on some tiger ears. 

4. If you could have a second player, would you want them to play on the same or a different team than your current player?

I would want my players to be on the same team so I can be helping out two times as much! 

The coolest thing I saw on the forum was the final roster announcements for each of the JST teams.

As commissioner, I would allow members to have the option to have one player on offense and one player on defense like in EFL. 

5 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

1. With the Marlins being knocked out of the playoffs (sad), the final 4 includes Miami, Mexico, Philly and Las Vegas. Who do you think has the best shot at a championship?

Mexico is on fire recently, LV might be more motivated based on their round 1 struggles but still... Give me the hottest team.

They should look at the balance in my game, being an asset in all situations should put me up at the top.

Last year I did Shaggy with my GF as Velma. She was very adorable, although a waitress called her Daphne so...

I like diversity, being on the same team would make complimentary building too easy. 

I'm a bit biased but I do believe most of my posts are very solid, overall the Prospect Pipeline is great and I am ecstatic to be a contributor.

I'd banish @nurx and @Lemorse7to run the Mississauga Hounds together. I think they would be a fun GM/AGM combo. We also wouldn't tell them which is the actual GM for some drama.

9 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

1. I think Vegas was playing very well and they seem like they could make a good push for a championship.

2. Work ethic and showing you can get involved in all areas of the ice is super important. If you can score and make plays, that becomes even more sought after if you're a player who can also contribute defensively and always put in 100% hustle no matter what zone you're in.

3. I like to dress up as various celebrities it can be pretty funny.

4. I would probably want them to play on a different team just because I would like to compare how each of them plays on various teams and it would also be fun to see how they do when their teams play each other.

5. I honestly haven't been keeping up as much because of how busy I've gotten with school!

6. I wouldn't even know haha!

11 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Well I may be bias but I believe the Marlins were the best team in the post season, so I'd have to give it to Vegas for knocking us out!

I really want to show off my defensive upside whilst also putting up the numbers :D

Cyberman 

I would for sure want to play for the Marlins the environment we've got in there in unparalled for the VHLM

I've been out of commission from the VHL for a week or so but more recently I discovered there was a history book containing all award winners from the beginning of the league I thought that was dope. I hope for my name to be in there one day.

That's a tricky question, the VHL has run so smoothly for so long. I guess perhaps the ability to have 2 players in the league? I think that would be pretty cool.

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. What is your player doing to keep busy during our extended offseason?
2. What is your goal for S86?
3. If you could live the life of one animal, what would it be and why?

4. What is your favourite element on the periodic table?
5. What is the inspiration behind your username?
6. If you were to add an statistic to STHS, what would it be? (God please grant me giveaways and takeaways)

@Markusbg  @GoalPlays  @vincentlg2007  @Mint  @MrMom  @QcjetsQc   @Beau  @kirbithan  @CoolLuigiBro14  @pugsood  @Uncommon

10 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

Lachlan is going to be brushing up on his baking skills! You name it, he can probably make it.

My goal for S86 is to make a difference for the E team that I get drafted to and show that I can make an impact on gameday. 

I’d say I’d be a falcon because they’re one of the fastest birds in the world and have incredible vision to easily catch food. Top of the food chain, as well. Can’t go wrong with that.

My favorite element on the periodic table has to be gallium because I think it’s so fascinating that a metal can maintain both a solid and liquified state.

Somebody edited Kirby Dach’s name on Wikipedia to ‘Kirbithan Dach,’ (a mashup between the names Kirby and Jonathan) and I thought it was hilarious. Thus, the online Kirbithan/Kirby moniker was born.

6. If you were to add an statistic to STHS, what would it be? (God please grant me giveaways and takeaways)

I also agree that giveaways and takeaways should be a stat added to STHS! Would be so cool.

@Markusbg  @GoalPlays  @vincentlg2007  @Mint  @MrMom  @QcjetsQc   @Beau  @kirbithan  @CoolLuigiBro14  @pugsood  @Uncommon

1 hour ago, jacobcarson877 said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

Answers in red below

1. What is your player doing to keep busy during our extended offseason? Been cool to get some exposure to the junior tournaments and shit. Appreciate my coaches thinking of me and including me in those things, I'm not super active but it's fun to contribute, grow my skillset and contribute to winning.
2. What is your goal for S86? No specific goals, hopefully help the team win titles and receive some personal accolades but just taking my coach's direction on all of that.
3. If you could live the life of one animal, what would it be and why? A dog. Happy when you get affection, eat, you get your shit picked up by human beings, what's not to like.

4. What is your favourite element on the periodic table? I feel like I used to love radon or something but now I don't even know if that's on the periodic table. I clearly did not excel in chemistry.
5. What is the inspiration behind your username? Just stupid gibberish I used to say to friends. Means literally nothing.
6. If you were to add an statistic to STHS, what would it be? (God please grant me giveaways and takeaways) I can roll with giveaways and takeaways, is that was +/- is in hockey? Down with that. 

8 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

University work, so much of it :(

I want to retool my player clearly the playoffs show some gaps in my play and it's really got me questioning what aspects I need to work on more.

Penguin, I just love them so much!

Carbon

My alias has always been Mintsky online, and whenever available I simplify to Mint

Perhaps I would look to add some form of penalty calling, which means you're player is better at getting favourable penalty calls, could be a cool idea.

On 10/24/2022 at 11:32 AM, jacobcarson877 said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

Practicing!

Crush forwards and block shots.

A wolf. I put my family first, I love to run, and I'll bite you if you piss me off.

4. What is your favorite element on the periodic table?
Mercury.

I am Uncommon.

Giveaways & Takeaways.

On 10/24/2022 at 11:32 AM, jacobcarson877 said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. Adam spends his offseason bird watching. 

2. continuing to grow my player. 

3. probably a dog because they are cool.

4. my favorite element is carbon. 

5. I am a wrestling and made Adam Rage my fake wrestler when I was younger.

6. there are a lot of good stats but I'd say giveaways and takeaways.

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. Happy Halloween! What is your favourite horror movie villain?
2. The drafts should be starting this coming weekend into next week! What is one thing you can bring to a new team? (P.S we are JUST starting with our draft interviews so if you haven't heard from us yet don't worry we'll get to you in the coming days)
3. Vampires or Werewolves?

4. What is the best thing you've watched recently?
5. What is your way too early S86 prediction?
6. Tell us about one exciting thing you have going on in November!

3 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! My favorite horror movie villain is Jason Voorhees.

2. The drafts should be starting this coming weekend into next week! What is one thing you can bring to a new team? (P.S we are JUST starting with our draft interviews so if you haven't heard from us yet don't worry we'll get to you in the coming days)

One thing I can bring to a new team is a strong locker room presence.

This is the easiest question because I love werewolves and other shifters. They’ve always been my favorite supernatural creature, so werewolves over vampires!

The best thing I’ve watched recently is “The Boys.”

The Marlins are winning it all in S86!

One exciting thing I have going on next month is Thanksgiving break. I am exhausted from school. 

My favourite is Michael Myers. 

I think Adam can do a lot he has a lot of potential.

Vampires they're fast and extremely powerful. 

a YouTube channel called Jet Lag: The Game they played a game of tag across Europe while trying to reach a certain area.  

I agree with Kirby Marlins ship incoming. 

I have absolutely nothing happening. 

On 10/19/2022 at 2:02 AM, jacobcarson877 said:

On 10/24/2022 at 12:32 PM, jacobcarson877 said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. Well, Kenny is still studying, and he usually goes on trips with his family.

2. Try to be more defensive and work on dat wrist.

3. Hmm...A cat. I guess that would make me actually want to eat fish, I could be more agile and crawl through things with more ease. (I just gotta control the urges to scratch stuff, though...)

4. Silver.

5. Well, Luigi is my favorite Super Mario character, and I'm always maining him in the games, I wanted to give him some love.

6. Um...Traction? (T) Basically, how well can your player use the brakes.

8 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. Uh...I don't watch horror movies. But still, Happy Halloween!

2. A good first impression.

3. Werewolfes. AWOOOOOOO!!

4. Cat Burglar. It's pretty funny, despite being a little...gruesome, at times. (Looking at you, decapitation.)

5. Hmmmmm...I don't know, to be honest...Maybe LA will suddenly get a winning streak this season. Either way, good luck, Marlins!

6. School's almost over, which means that soon...I'm graduating and going to high school (both exciting and stressful at the same time)! Hopefully I'm gonna be able to improve my drawing skills some more.