San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

3 hours ago, Arce said:

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 5/14/2023

5GEf2KS.png.d8e9f58d5b1d4f84fda510a19b3ce00a.png.65f7ee0e7aba838ac21022012cce3ba5.png

1. As we gear up for the playoffs, who do you think could be a darkhorse team?

2. When the weather is really nice, what is your favorite thing to do?

3. The S88 season is coming to a close, how do you feel about your player's performance?

4. What are you hoping to improve on your player for next season?

5. Do you have a celebrity crush? If so, who?

6. Are you modeling your player after a real life player? If so, who?

1. Honestly, I think we should kill every team in the league ngl.

2. Eat icecream and go for a nice walk :)

3. I'm Him.

4. Continue playing at the rate that I'm playing at tbh.

5. Not really but I think Emma Watson is 👌

6. Eh not really no. Spencer Martin maybe :kekw:

5 hours ago, Arce said:

5GEf2KS.png.d8e9f58d5b1d4f84fda510a19b3ce00a.png.65f7ee0e7aba838ac21022012cce3ba5.png

3. The S88 season is coming to a close, how do you feel about your player's performance?

1. I haven't really looked into the other teams but I would probably say Halifax. They're fourth in the league so maybe not considered a dark horse but that would be my pick. Their 3 top players are really popping off this year, so I think if they keep playing well, they could make a deep run.

2. I like to take my crippled, wheelchair dog out for a long walk and just enjoy the nice weather. Especially living in a small town it's nice to enjoy it. Grab some ice cream and a treat for my dog as well.

3. I think he's been doing quite well, definitely improved as the season went on. Been quite a good playmaker and every once in a while can pot some goals

4. Probably my scoring, don't get me wrong I love getting assists and factoring on goals, setting them up and making plays. But I would love to be able to get more goals as well.

5. Can never go wrong with Margot Robbie. I've always found Jennifer Anniston and Emma Watson attractive, so I guess those 3 lol

6. Not really, but the more I look at how my player produces, I would say Johnny Gaudreau because he's small but fierce and more of a playmaker than a goal scorer.

5 hours ago, Fradin99 said:

1.  Philly's been a middling team in the M as of the last week or two. Slowing down where some of the other teams are pulling far ahead. But I mostly chalk this up to the engine not being a big fan of the city. Their roster is strong, and I think their blue line will come through for them come playoffs.

We also have our best Goalie on the roster playing only half the time. 

35 minutes ago, Pifferfish said:

We also have our best Goalie on the roster playing only half the time. 

Don't worry I certainly notice the split. I know better than to count you guys out.

6 hours ago, Arce said:

1. Houston has great foward and blue line depth. While they have been let down by average goaltending, they could make a run.

2. Just get out there any way I can.

3. Better than I could have dreamed. Over 60 points in my first season back is simply better than my best expectations.

4. For season 2, I will work of my scoring and defense.

5. Natalie Portman. The prequels came out at the right time. 

6. Not really. I like creating something different from reality and everyone else. My next character should be one of a kind.

12 hours ago, Arce said:

1. Houston bulked up at the trade deadline and has given us a few L’s this season. They are a low key team to watch out for. 
2. I like going for rides with my car hood down, nothing like that nice breeze.

3. It has definitely been an up and down season, but overall I think Marty has been an offensive defenseman and that’s the goal.

4. Hoping to get over a point per game.

5. Sydney Sweeney, that is all.

6. Going after an offensive defenseman like Erik Karlsson.

On 5/8/2023 at 9:36 AM, Arce said:

1. The Reapers are on a hot streak coming into the playoffs and I think they could be a surprise.

2. Going outside and being active.

3. Still hunting for that first 3-stars appearance but for having double-digit TPE my player is doing fine.

4. Definitely want to net more goals.

5. Kirsten Bell for sure.

6. Nope I don't know what a hockey playstyle is.

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 5/21/2023

5GEf2KS.png.d8e9f58d5b1d4f84fda510a19b3ce00a.png.65f7ee0e7aba838ac21022012cce3ba5.png.4e33bf4faa1bf64c56ba8efebb0bba2d.png

1. Playoffs are well on their way! What did you think of the Houston series?
2. Do you or your player have any pre-game rituals for playoff games?
3. Obviously we're going to make the finals, we're the Marlins! Who do you hope to see in the finals, Mississauga or Philly? (Unless Halifax comes back from it's 3-1 deficit by the time you answer this, lol.)
4. Mexico City's up next for us, How will your player contribute to the series?
5. By the end of playoffs who do you think leads the Marlins in Goals, Points, or Assists? (One player for each or one to get all three if you really believe in someone.)
6. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. What's your go to if you're not in a rush?

57 minutes ago, Fradin99 said:

5GEf2KS.png.d8e9f58d5b1d4f84fda510a19b3ce00a.png.65f7ee0e7aba838ac21022012cce3ba5.png.4e33bf4faa1bf64c56ba8efebb0bba2d.png

3. Obviously we're going to make the finals, we're the Marlins! Who do you hope to see in the finals, Mississauga or Philly? (Unless Halifax comes back from it's 3-1 deficit by the time you answer this, lol.)
5. By the end of playoffs who do you think leads the Marlins in Goals, Points, or Assists? (One player for each or one to get all three if you really believe in someone.)
6. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. What's your go to if you're not in a rush?

1. We destroyed the shit out of them. I loved it.

2. I make sure to take a shit before the game.

3. I hope to see Halifax, obviously.

4. I'm the mf goalie, I save the shots baby.

5. Sjin imo. Good player and MVP calibre so he could get all 3.

6. Eggs and oats baby. Need them gains.

3 hours ago, Fradin99 said:

1. SWEEP BABY!! Good series for us at least. Our team played really well, lots of dominance and not letting up and winning in 3OT is crazy. Next match up will definitely be a lot tougher but we got this Marlins!!

2. Nothing special for me, just a good meal like pasta and chicken, get to the rink while listening to some good pump up music. Get a good stretch in, a game of suey and then get dressed EXACTLY 30 mins before the game. 

3. Honestly I don’t care who, I think we can take both of them. Our team has shown how competitive we are and when we play well, no one can stop us.

4. I’m hoping my player will keep adding to his assist total. Yeah I hope he can score some goals too but I love to set up my teammates cause assists are just as good as goals. 

5. Baby Moo Moo I could see winning all three if they keep producing like they did in round one.  I could also see Sijn winning goals as well. Yes a little slow start but I don’t see that continuing. He’s a great goal scorer and I guarantee he’ll be top of our team for goals, even points.

6. Over easy eggs, sausage and some melted cheese in a toasted English muffin. Hash brown inside too if I’ve got some. Yeah kind of boring but I like the good ol’ fashion breakfast 

21 hours ago, Fradin99 said:

Sinan Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 5/21/2023

1. Not only did we win, we won with different players contributing. That is a good sign that we will be difficult to stop going forward.

2. Shubham Anand, being a practicing Hindu, actually perfors a  little puja ceremony in the locker room. He doesn't do the whole 16 step ritual, but a quick version which is suitable for a locker room.This consists of lighting a candle in front of an little image of a diety and chants a prayer or sings a hym. It works in calming nerves and helping inner peace.

3. Philly we can take. Mississauga is going to be a problem.

4. Hopefully by breaking this scoring slump he is on and getting his first playoff goal. That be said I will gladly take point a game on assist.

5. I see Baby Moo Moo or Brad Marchand as top in goals. For assist I see Sjin or myself leading there. On overall points sjin and Marty Byrd leading there.

6. 2 fired eggs, four slices of crispy bacon, three fluffy pancakes with a small dollop of butter and covered in maple syrup and a cold glass of orange juice. I am hungry just thinking about it.

Edited by Will3

On 5/15/2023 at 1:30 PM, Fradin99 said:

1. Can't do much better than a sweep, hopefully we can continue it into the next round.

2. I personally have a jumping exercise/ritual that I do before my races but I don't think it'd be very easy to do while on ice.

3. Mississauga, it would be cool to beat the team that I opted not to go to.

4. Hopefully by winning some faceoffs and now screwing up.

5. Baby Moo Moo is going off I think they'll be our team points leader for the playoffs.

6. I typically just stick with cereal, too tired in the AM to put anything nice together.

On 5/15/2023 at 1:30 PM, Fradin99 said:

1. When you sweep, hard not to love everything about it.

2. Praying to the simulator gods.

3. Well we got to take care of business first but it would be fun to see the hounds in the final. We seem to have a friendly rivalry with them.

4. Hopefully on the scoresheet and helping goat keep the puck out of the net. 
5. BMM in points, Scuba for goals and Fradin may just take the assists or hits.

6. Big French toast guy.

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 5/28/2023

1. Obviously we did not get the final result we wanted, but what a season it was. What are your final thoughts on the S88 San Diego Marlins season?

2. How do you feel about your players performance in the S88 season and playoffs?

3. What are you hoping to improve about your player in S89?

4. What is the next step for your player? VHLM again, moving up the VHLE, VHL?

5. How was your experience in S88 with the San Diego Marlins locker room?

6. Any plans in real life as we await the off-season and have a few weeks off until S89?

18 minutes ago, Arce said:

1. Obviously we did not get the final result we wanted, but what a season it was. What are your final thoughts on the S88 San Diego Marlins season?

2. How do you feel about your players performance in the S88 season and playoffs?

6. Any plans in real life as we await the off-season and have a few weeks off until S89?

1. Fantastic. A ragtag group of free agents and a star goaltender behind them. It was unfortunate we couldn't secure the cup but I can't help but feel pride in the community we built in the locker room.

2. Fradin met expectations by my standards. Big hits, point production picked up in the playoffs, not afraid to drop mitts. That was my mission from the start of the season and I feel he met it. 

3. More hits! If you're gonna rack up the stat for it you might as well shoot for being the best at it. Maybe a little bit of offense as well.

4. Fradin's headed up to Europe! Excited to get to the next level in the VHLE and get to know the people up there. 

5. Well I had to love being the guy who'd never close his mouth. But it was endearing to see people pop in every day/every other day just to check on each other and banter a bit. I enjoyed the guests from other teams and felt welcomed every time I popped in.

6. Workin' and workin' some more. Work picks up in the summer so my days will get longer. Won't change me stopping in to talk to the Marlins!

3 hours ago, Arce said:

1. It was a great run we went on. We really jellied as a team. I am proud of what we were able to accomplish.

2. Surpassed my best expectations. Coming back I didn't know what to expect. Almost 30 goals is the regular season and a 6 goal tear in the playoffs was more that I hoped.

3. Probably my defense.

4. I don't know. I am nearing the border and have a decision to make. What happens in the drafts will help inform my decision.

5. The locker room was fantastic. Everyone was supportive and encouraging.

6. Nothing major. Just enjoy the comming summer.

8 hours ago, Arce said:

1. Although we didn't win, I am very proud of this teams success and accomplishments this year. All of our players were huge on impacting how the season went and all in the right way. Although we didn't win the chip, we had so much success this year and I'm so glad that my first year in the VHLM was with the Marlins!

2. I feel like my player had a pretty good season in his first year of the VHLM. Although not a PPG, he contributed on a decent amount of goals this year. Playoffs, I was honestly quite surprised with his performance. I finished with 12 points in 10 games so I'm really happy with his success in playoffs.

3. I am hoping to improve my defensive skills, scoring and playmaking. I would like to improve my defensive skills because I was a -4 during playoffs. If my defense was a little better, who knows how much further we would have gotten this year. I would like to improve my scoring as I only had 14 goals in 56 games (regular season) and 3 goals in 12 games (playoffs). Obviously I would like to improve my playmaking skills as well so I can contribute even more on goals with assists.

4. I plan on returning to the VHLM. I don't believe my player has the right amount of TPE or skill to move up to the next level yet. I enjoyed my team in this league and am looking forward to playing in it again next year and hoping to showcase my skill even more and have a very successful season for my player and my team

5. It was amazing, no doubt the best locker room atmosphere in the VHLM. Everyone was so kind and friendly and always willing to help me out with any questions or concerns. Huge shout out to SIJN for always reaching out to me every once in a while to see how I'm doing and if I need any help with anything. 

6. I've got some more Junior A camps coming up this spring and summer hoping to make a Junior A team somewhere in Canada for the upcoming season. So mainly just workout, skate, train and prepare for all of that. Obviously have some fun with my friends, party and hang out with my special wheelchair doggo. He only has so much time left so I want to spend as much time with him as possible.

Again thank you Marlins for the amazing first season. I couldn't have asked for a better team and a better group of players. You made me feel very welcomed and I am forever grateful for it. ❤️ 

9 hours ago, Arce said:

1. Well, despite not being able to get the cup and all, I still think the team did spetacularly this season, and our captains were great leaders. Let's try to keep up the good work and get into the playoffs next season!

2. I suppose my overall performance wasn't too bad. A little lower compared to last season, but I'm sure I can improve if I keep training.

3. A lot of stuff, but I'm gonna focus on turning myself into a two-way player, so that I can help out the defense in case they need backup.

4. For now I will stay in VHLM, but I'm considering moving up a league in the future. (That is, if I can impress the scouts...)

5. It felt great to be back in the "shoal" once again, for a lack of better words. My colleagues are cool, the GM's (?) are nice, and I guess I felt more confortable playing in the Marlins jersey. (Not that playing with the Reapers or the Lynx was bad)

6. Well, I'm gonna have a month-off of school, actually, though I don't really know what I'm gonna do during that time...Maybe check out some online games or something. (preferably sports ones)

SanDiegoMarlins.png.208cc8494ff63a909be065994f8fd73b.png

On 5/22/2023 at 4:42 AM, Arce said:

1. Fuck Mexico

2. I think I played well. I wasn't in top gear but still decent enough.

3. Save more pucks. Get bigger and I need a flowly haircut honestly.

4. VHL or VHLE. Hopeful for VHL.

5. Haha DO IT AGAIN. Was a great spot honestly.

6. I'm driving down to my best friends wedding. Gunna watch him make a mistake take a step in his life and then im going to celebrate with a pizza.

On 5/22/2023 at 7:42 AM, Arce said:

1. I wasn't here for much of it, but I had a great time overall.

2. I definitely wish my player showed up a bit more later on in the season when we needed big performances.

3. Hopefully he'll be good enough to finally make it onto the 3 stars.

4. Back into the VHLM I think, don't really know how the system works.

5. It was great, it was very active and I couldn't have asked for a better first team LR.

6. Graduation is coming up very soon for me.

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 6/4/2023

1. Final presser for the S88 Marlins if you choose, it is officially the off-season! Any plans?

2. What was your favorite moment of the S88 season?

3. If you are leaving the Marlins this upcoming season, what are you hoping your next GM will be like?

4. Thoughts on the London United pulling off the upset for their first ever cup led by the one and only Marlins legend, Jacob?

5. What is your passion in life?

6. What relaxes you the most?

Edited by Arce

56 minutes ago, Arce said:

1. Final presser for the S88 Marlins if you choose, it is officially the off-season! Any plans?

3. If you are leaving the Marlins this upcoming season, what are you hoping your next GM will be like?

4. Thoughts on the London United pulling off the upset for their first ever cup led by the one and only Marlins legend, Jacob?

1. Just gonna keep climbing up my class' tpe ranks, no rest in the offseason.

2. Probably when I scored my first ever goal.

3. I have no clue if I'm leaving to another VHLM team or not. But if I am, I would love to play for AJ and Triller in Houston.

4. I support it, carrying on @McWolf legacy. At least I think he created london idk.

5. Probably running and staying active, it is where i'm the most accomplished and when I don't do it I feel bad.

6. Driving at night listening to music is peak.

58 minutes ago, Arce said:

1. Just to participate in everything that I can. JST, WJC, ProAm, and Commissioners cup. I want in all of it.

2. Being along for the ride.

3. Someone who can continue to assist with my build and makes the LR a fun place to be.

4. Amazing work to get their first cup.

5. I enjoy writing. The VHL gives me an place to explore this passion.

6. A calm day on the lake with a fishing pole in my hand.

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 6/11/2023

1. In your opinion, what would you like to see improve in the league?

2. What is your favorite task to do in the VHL?

3. Are there any weekly tasks you'd like to see replaced?

4. Are there any weekly tasks that we don't currently have, that you'd like to see added?

5. What is your favorite way to kill time in the VHL off-season?

6. Which VHL teams are you hoping to potentially be drafted by?

On 5/31/2023 at 7:18 PM, Arce said:

1. Well first off, I got to prepare for graduation! So that is something big I've been planning and preparing for. Other then that, probably as usual, chill with my crippled dog, hit the gym and get on the ice when I can.

2. I don't know if I can really choose one, there were lots. I would just have to say my entire experience in the discord chat with the Marlins. Everyone was great, always so kind and funny. Enjoyed every minute in that locker room.

3. As of right now, I think I will JUST get to enough TPE and will be leaving the Marlins. As of right now.. I am pretty sure I already know who my next GM is going to be ;) . I already know they are going to be very helpful, very kind and always checking up on me and our team and making sure we have a lot of success and fun next season.

4. Congrats JACOB!!! It was crazy, but good for them. Especially for a Marlin to win, I'm very happy for them to pull off the upset. I am jealous though, wish the Marlins could have won the championship as well :( . 

5. Passion is probably playing hockey and taking care of animals. I love hockey, I've been skating since I was 2 and playing since I was 4. Animals have always been something I adored and loved. I have always wanted to be a veterinarian and help animals out.

6. Music, just putting on headphones and just playing music, laying in bed and closing my eyes always seems to help me relax. Doesn't matter the type of music even though I am a big country fan. Just music that I like and preferably know the words too, helps me chill out and relax.