San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 8/27/2023

5GEf2KS.png.d8e9f58d5b1d4f84fda510a19b3ce00a.png.65f7ee0e7aba838ac21022012cce3ba5.png

1. First presser of the season and the Marlins have started the season off 6-0, how are we feeling so far?

2. How do you feel about your player’s performance out of the gate?

3. What are your expectations for your player and the team this season?

4. Who do you think the team MVP will be?

5. Do you think we can break the Spartan curse?

6. What is a fun fact about yourself maybe we don’t know?

23 hours ago, Arce said:

5GEf2KS.png.d8e9f58d5b1d4f84fda510a19b3ce00a.png.65f7ee0e7aba838ac21022012cce3ba5.png

1. First presser of the season and the Marlins have started the season off 6-0, how are we feeling so far?

1) We're feeling good of course, any time you can string together a bunch of wins like that, you're right where you want to be as a team so let's keep it going as long as we can.

2) Better than I expected! It's nice to be able to make a difference in games on a contending team at an early stage in my career. I thought it would take a half season or so to come together but it's going great so far.

3) Hey at this point everything is going as well as it possibly can. I expect this team to be a contender for the championship and as for my player, I just want to keep contributing to winning games.

4) I'm thinking the goalie, Syko is a stud between the pipes that gives us a chance to win even when we have an off game.

5) I think we will break it!

6) I'm a nationally competitive five pin bowler

On 8/26/2023 at 12:25 PM, Arce said:

1) we just had our first loss but I am extremely happy with our performance so far.

2) I feel like Gustav has had a slow start but hopefully he'll build into something

3) I think this team has the ability to go quite far this season

4) with the start he's had its had to look past Syko

5) I'm not worried about the Spartan curse I'm worried about the Gustav curse

6) I'm a pretty open book but some people still don't know I'm Australian

On 8/25/2023 at 11:25 PM, Arce said:

1. We are feeling great but no longer undefeated.

2. My player is underperforming right now.

3. I expect my player to be top 3 in points on the team and the Marlins will be b2b champions.

4. I hope I will be the team MVP but I think a reingaard will be the team MVP.

5. We will obviously break spartans curse.

6. I used to have 2 dogs

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 9/3/2023

1. What do you think the "theme week" theme should be this season?

2. What type of uncapped TPE is your favorite?

3. What is your favorite item to purchase from our Player Store?

4. Which attribute are you actively working on the most?

5. What is your favorite video game of all time?

6. What would you say has been your most memorable VHL experience thus far?

1 minute ago, Arce said:

1. With all the players hailing from Greenland, the theme should be Greenland and how great (or bad) it is.

2. The ones they give out for free lol.

3. My favorite has to be the first gen options. Really helps keep new people get a slight boost. A smaller part of helping retain new members, but it's a neat choice.

4. Scoring. Just scoring. Puck go brrrrrr.

5. That's hard lol. I have a lot of favorites. Pokemon Emerald, Persona 5, Smash Ultimate, Muse Dash... I'm realizing that I tend to like JRPGs...

6. Going to war against the VHL bot. I fought against the bot for clout because... yes.

44 minutes ago, Arce said:

1. HOF inductee.

2. Fantasy is the best.

3. Doubles Week is the best especially when you are low on tpe for something.

4. I am VHLM capper so none at the moment.

5. My favorite video game of all time is NHL 99, was very fun for retro NHL games.

6. There are so many but I will name a few. Winning the S89 Founders and last off-season.

3 hours ago, Arce said:

1) I am not creative enough for this lol, I'll say something about the draft because I am a draft nerd IRL

2) Instead of the obvious answer of any free uncapped TPE, I'll say HoF articles because they are written in honour of some of the VHL's best players and members

3) I liked the first gen ones when I could buy them...

4) I have a build in mind that is similarly balanced to what I've done so far, but to pick just one, it would be scoring

5) Probably either NHL 04 or Madden 04. Maybe a Pokemon game but I wouldn't be able to pick which.

6) My first player signed mid-season in Miami who were fighting for a playoff spot. There were 4 or 5 of us, all first gens, that signed there at about the same time, were active the rest of the year and ended up helping that team turn into an unlikely Founders Cup champion, and I'll always remember the locker room reactions following some of the big game-7 wins & the sim we won the cup in.

On 8/30/2023 at 1:40 AM, Arce said:

1) I think that we should do an investigative theme, you have to uncover an issue (real or fake) in the league and solve it

2) I like practice facility pressing that button lights up my world

3) The Jagr because after all the seasons of upgrading an attribute you stay a master of it

4) Scoring and only scoring, no defending for me only goals

5) I would probably have to say Portal 2

6) Would be Berocka Sundqvist lifting the Continental Cup 4 times

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 9/10/2023

1. Weekly check in, how do you feel about the teams position so far?

2. We have won a lot, but the Hounds have beaten us a few times, what do you think we need to do to get the edge?

3. What is your favorite part about the VHLM?

4. What is your least favorite part about the VHLM?

5. What have you been working on in your personal life this VHL season? 

6. What is your motivation to earn every week?

2 hours ago, Arce said:

2. We have won a lot, but the Hounds have beaten us a few times, what do you think we need to do to get the edge?

1) Couldn't be much better so far!

2) I think we have more players still earning and by playoff time we could have a deeper roster than them. We need to play better against them, even when we beat them it was mostly Syko standing on his head... hopefully we can help him out if it comes down to a playoff series against them.

3) It's neat to see how the lower TPE builds work and be contributors & there is usually such a wide mix in the locker rooms between GM/AGM, recent former players and current players that all want to see the team succeed

4) Lots of year-to-year roster turnover. My first player spent half a season with Miami, then Philly for my second and final VHLM season. This player is probably only going to spend one year in the VHLM anyway but it would be San Diego for one season and then have to go through the draft. You have to either be re-drafted by the same team or just spend a long time in the VHLM for your player to have much stability. But it is part of being a minor league system and the ultimate goal is to move players up into the E and eventually the VHL, so it does make sense.

5) I'm generally not very good at time management or getting started on things even when I want to do them and I'm trying to be a little more focused/cognizant of that

6) I'm very competitive; I want to be one of the league's top players and I want to help my team win.

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 9/17/2023

1. We are at the trade deadline, what do you think the outlook is for the second half of the season for your player?

2. What is something you have been looking forward to?

3. I am going to South Beach in Miami in October, incredibly excited. Are you going somewhere soon that you've been looking forward to? If not where do you wish you were going?

4. What do you think of this season's theme week?

5. NHL season is right around the corner, who is your team?

6. Do you participate in any VHL fantasy games? If so do you like them? If not, why don't you?

On 9/9/2023 at 5:48 PM, Arce said:

1. I feel like the team is in the position we deserve. 1st is great and all of the team is doing great!

2. the hounds lead by VLG is a great team but I feel like we are doing all we can just getting unlucky maybe before the next game we can try some different lines but keep Tyreece and White Jr on the same line.
3. The best part about the VHLM for someone in their 2nd season is that you will be able to provide a team more help and encourage the first-gens or recreates to earn a lot of tpe quickly.

4. The least favourite part about the VHLM for me is that I can't make my player any better since I am at the capped 200 tpe used.

5. I have been working on school and getting a job in my personal life during S90.

6. My motivation to earn every week is so that I can be able to help Cologne next season and D.C. the season after and not be at a very low tpe mark when I get into the league.

On 9/11/2023 at 2:28 PM, Arce said:

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 9/17/2023

1. We are at the trade deadline, what do you think the outlook is for the second half of the season for your player?

2. What is something you have been looking forward to?

3. I am going to South Beach in Miami in October, incredibly excited. Are you going somewhere soon that you've been looking forward to? If not where do you wish you were going?

4. What do you think of this season's theme week?

5. NHL season is right around the corner, who is your team?

6. Do you participate in any VHL fantasy games? If so do you like them? If not, why don't you?

1) I think it's looking good. I think I've played well so far and I think by playoff time I'll be close to capped so it should keep getting better!

2) Looking forward to the playoffs and helping this team win.

3) Not soon, but a couple of weeks ago I had a trip to Banff with my wife, my best friend and her boyfriend and it was an awesome time.

4) It's interesting, but I have been procrastinating trying to come up with a good idea for it.

5) Jets fan here

6) I do, and I like them because I can win TPE... I forgot to enter super coach this season though. I think that would be a fun one

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 9/24/2023

1. How do you feel about our latest additions?

2. Do you feel the depth of this team makes us a strong contender for a repeat?

3. Weekly check in, how have you felt about your players performance as of late?

4. What would you like to see improve?

5. Do you follow the NFL? If so, how is your team stacking up so far?

6. Which VHL team is the most appealing based on the city and logo/colors?

1 minute ago, Arce said:

3. Weekly check in, how have you felt about your players performance as of late?

1. I hear that RC guy is pretty good!
2. I think that this team is one Simon away from winning again!
3. Meh, Helsinki is in the dumps right now, and Landon hasn't been particularly helpful in the effort to escape that.
4. I'd love to see Helsinki winning some important games, especially after adding a huge player like Hammar Voss.
5. I don't follow the NFL but I did last season and the Dolphins were my go-to watch as a few of my fantasy players were on that team.
6. Prague by a longshot. Beautiful city, amazing branding.

4 hours ago, Arce said:

1. I feel great, the team will definitely be continue to be a favourite.
2. The depth has just made us stronger but weaker. We have some capped players and I am not sure but because of the depth I have a feeling that the scoring will either be lower or more well rounded.
3. My player has genuinely shocked me. Getting a hat-trick now makes me think I could end the season with the most goals 👀
4. If this is player then nothing since I am capped and if this is about the team then more active earnings from the players.
5. I don't follow the NFL but off-topic in the MLB the Jays unconsistency is surprising me on how they could still make the postseason.

6. This is a great question. As I am doing my Roblox Clothing project I have found that it is either Malmo or Prague.

8 hours ago, Arce said:

1) I'm excited, a few big additions that should improve our depth even more!

2) Absolutely, we've had a great year and just made some key additions too.

3) I've been pretty consistent, no really big slumps or really big hot streaks throughout the year. I think I've been able to help provide a stable and consistent second line to back up the big guns on the first line so I'm pretty happy with it.

4) Honestly not much I can ask for - just hope we can keep bringing it come playoff time.

5) I'm a Chargers fan, and they are doing what the Chargers normally do 🫠

6) Strictly considering city/logo/colours and nothing else, Davos & Malmo

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 10/1/2023

1. Weekly check in, how are you feeling about your player’s performance this past week?

2. What do you want to see your player do better?

3. What should the team’s hype song be for the playoffs?

4. What is your favorite tv show to unwind to?

5. How do you feel about our competition heading into the playoffs?

6. What is your favorite elements and why? (Fire, earth, water, air)

1 hour ago, Arce said:

1. Weekly check in, how are you feeling about your player’s performance this past week?

1. My player is disappointing me, no longer 1st in goals is unacceptable.
2. I want my player to score more goals and pass more.
3. Bones - Imagine Dragons
4. Family matters
5. Mississauga will be a bit of an issue if we play them but otherwise unless we get upset we should be good for a B2B.
6. Water, IM A FISH WHAT ELSE YOU EXPECT!

1 hour ago, Arce said:

1) Pretty good, I am impressed with how consistent he has played all year

2) I guess it would be nice to take the scoring up even another level as we get into the playoffs, but I am honestly pretty content

3) Narco by Blasterjaxx and Timmy Trumpet

4) Honestly don't watch a lot of TV - its more YouTube, VODs of streamers I like or something that I watch to unwind - but I do like the various Disney+ Star Wars series ie. Mandalorian, Obi Wan, Ahsoka

5) They are a lot of strong teams out there. I do feel we can beat them if we make sure to bring our best effort every night, but winning a title is definitely not going to be a walk in the park.

6) Water I guess? I like swimming, I like rain, keeps you hydrated, etc. Also it's kinda really powerful which is pretty cool (and kind of scary)

Well, I've only just applied his TPE, so he sucks. I expect he'll improve moving forward.

My answer is EVERYTHING. As of yesterday, he was still learning how to skate.

Jump Around - House of Pain.

Brazzers TV. It really helps me to relax.

Competition? More like bunch of chumps who will try, but fail to beat this mighty franchise.

Water, because as a Marlin, I'd be f**ked without it.

• 2 weeks later...

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 10/8/2023

2. What were your thoughts on our sweep of the Halifax 21st?

3. What was going through your mind when we went down 2-0 against Miami?

4. Do you still feel confident in your player and the Marlins?

5. What are your thought's on Olober Syko's performance this postseason?

6. Will Mississauga finish off Saskatoon tonight?

8 hours ago, Arce said:

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 10/8/2023

2. What were your thoughts on our sweep of the Halifax 21st?

3. What was going through your mind when we went down 2-0 against Miami?

4. Do you still feel confident in your player and the Marlins?

5. What are your thought's on Olober Syko's performance this postseason?

6. Will Mississauga finish off Saskatoon tonight?

1. My player is doing very well, tied for 1st in points so far in the postseason with 14 points.

2. Game 2 kinda scared me but that was well deserved.

3. I knew we could come back to tie it with a few changes to the lines, wasn't that worried.

4. Marlins > Marauders and my player will always have my support.

5. Skyo is doing well but Clark > Syko

6. The Hounds will win 4-3 2OT