World Cup Changes

Devise

Yeah, I was going to run a tournament or series of games with the rejects. One of whom will likely be my player. I will wait to see how many actual players will not make a team.

While I think players who want to play for a particular nation and not an amalgamated team is great, if the number of players won't support a viable team, then I completely understand the decision taken. Ideally we could have a bunch of teams playing in this, but with player nations/declarations differing and being constantly changing, it will never work. Of course I'd love for Yamazaki to play for an Asian team, but it will never happen and I know it. In all honesty, simply being chosen to represent a team, any team, in the World Cup would be an honor. World, Mercenary, Scrubs...whatever. It's a triennial event that is supplementary to the "Domestic" league anyway, so just enjoy it and see how your player matches up against the very best that the league has to offer. Even if I don't get to play, the WC concept and event has a fan that will read every single boxscore right here.

If I'm part of the goalie group that has no place to be, I'll be more than willing to exclude myself from competition.

How would that help matters at all? :P Your part of Canada, but your fourth on their very steep goalie list. The chance is likely you either end up in Team Merc or Team World since Merc will get a goalie choice after everyone has filled rosters and World will be "gifted" a goalie for this tournament. Would rather have you playing especially when there are going to be teams that need the help. 

How would that help matters at all? :P Your part of Canada, but your fourth on their very steep goalie list. The chance is likely you either end up in Team Merc or Team World since Merc will get a goalie choice after everyone has filled rosters and World will be "gifted" a goalie for this tournament. Would rather have you playing especially when there are going to be teams that need the help. 

I got the feeling that there would be some players left over.

Yeah, I was going to run a tournament or series of games with the rejects. One of whom will likely be my player. I will wait to see how many actual players will not make a team.

If it comes down to it, I think I'd be backup to either Mike or Chris for Mercenaries. I'd honestly rather be in your thing and get some playing time.

If it comes down to it, I think I'd be backup to either Mike or Chris for Mercenaries. I'd honestly rather be in your thing and get some playing time.

You could also end up starting for World too keep in mind. 

The only thing that people in favor of "national pride" should have an issue with is Team Rejects, but that's just one team to hopefully allow more active people to participate in the World Cup.