Claimed:More Posts = More Wins?

More Posts = More Wins?

I’ve always been a believer in the theory that the more locker room posts a team makes, the better their chances of winning a cup. While this is just a fun superstition of mine, I decided to run an experiment that would test my theory. Thanks to Higgins, I obtained the amount of locker room posts each VHLM team had in their discussion thread for this season. In this article, I am going to see if there is a correlation between the amount of locker room posts a team has and their success during the season.

Bratislava Watchmen – 9 Posts

Even though the Watchmen had the least amount of posts in the league, they managed to make the final playoff spot in the European Conference. At first I wondered why the Watchmen only had 9 locker room posts, but their only active player was Knight, who isn’t really that active anymore. It looks like the Watchmen did their best this season to prove my theory wrong.

whowatchesSMALL.jpg

Moscow Red Wolves – 24 Posts

Hooray, there is a team that proves my theory right! With the second-least posts in the league, the Red Wolves finished last in the European Conference and third-to-last overall. With Moscow’s highest TPE player being a 53 TPE inactive, it is easy to understand why Moscow only had 24 posts.

Oslo Storm – 25 Posts

With the third-least posts in the league, the Storm finished in fourth place in the European Conference and sixth overall. The Storm neither prove nor disprove my theory, as they had a low amount of posts and did not make the playoffs. However, it must be noted that the Storm had 37 more points than the Wild (the Wild made the final playoff spot in the North American Conference).

Bern Royals – 53 Posts

Bern’s low amount of posts shocked me. For a team that made it all the way to the Founder’s Cup, I would have expected a lot more posts. Bern really screws up my theory, as they had the fourth-least posts in the league, yet they made it all the way to the Founder’s Cup.

Brampton Blades – 62 Posts

The Blades also fail to prove my theory. They have the fifth most posts in the league, yet they only earned 20 points this year and were the second-worst team in the league. The fact that they have 62 posts is a testament to Toast and the Backenbauer brothers.

Saskatoon Wild – 218 Posts

Finally a team that kind of proves my theory! The Wild had the fourth-most posts in the league, and with the power of these posts, snuck into the third playoff spot in the North American Conference. While the Wild may not have had much talent this year TPE wise, the power of their lock room posts allowed them to get that third playoff spot. However, I have a question. Who was posting in the Wild Locker room? I don’t think Saskatoon had any active people, so I guess Slobo was just talking to himself a lot.

talk_to_self.jpg

Minot Gladiators – 255 Posts

Another team that proves my theory! The Gladiators had the third-most posts in the league, and were tied with the Outlaws for the third most points in the league. The Gladiators had a very active team this season, hence all the posts. The Gladiators used the power of the posts to make it to the second round of the playoff series.

Yukon Rush – 275 Posts

The Rush also prove my theory, as they have the second-most posts in the league and were the Founder’s Cup champions. The Rush also boast a really active team and used the power of their posts to win themselves a Founder’s Cup.

Turku Outlaws – 468 Posts

Wow, that is a ton of posts the Outlaws had this season. They also prove my theory right, as the Outlaws made it to the second round of the playoffs through the power of their posts. I guess it’s possible for a team to have this many posts when they owned the entire 2nd round of this season’s draft.

Overall, I don’t think my theory on more posts equaling more wins holds true, as too many teams proved my theory wrong. However, it is a fun superstition to have, and I will continue it. I am also jealous of Turku for having the most posts this season, I will make sure Yukon wins that award next season!

7da291b7c02f83ea3d3deeebfc5956c3.jpg

• Senior Admin

Content: 3/3 

This is really....interesting concept you got here, eagles. While the theory was proved wrong a lot this season, there (obviously) is some correlation between having an active locker room and having a successful team. This season, we will certainly make sure to beat everyone for the most posts. Do another comparison at the end of S38.

Grammar: 2/2 

Didn't find a thing, good job,

Appearance: 1/1

Looks good to me.

Overall: 6/6

Edited by Draper