Theme Week- Potential Hall of Famer

Spaz

This is a good challenging topic for me, a potential Hall of Famer. Out of everyone from the VHL and VHLM, with all the skills and talent and who do I pick, I'm still not even sure.I think I might have to go with Erik Summers, Helinski Titian and soon to be teammate, it wasn't easy with all the talent, but he is someone that stands out to me and I will tell you why.

Let's start off with the background of this kid. Summers is a 19 year old, 6'1, 215 pounds defenseman he had been in the league since season 68, he was drafted 8th overall by Heniski Titian's in s69, and 41rst overall in the VHLM by the Houston Bulls in s68, but eventually be traded to the Mexico City Kings in the next season. Summers put up decent points for his first time in the league, as he put up 9 goals and 28 assists with a +/- 33 in a full 72 game season. The next season he would come close to doubling his points total with a career high 14 goals and 51 assists but a +/- -9. He made the VHLM postseason in both years, playing 15 games with Houston with 2 goals and 5 assists and a +/- 3, and only playing 11 go games with Mexico with 9 assists and +/- -3. Summers would also play in the World Cup Juniors in s69 and he would play with team Europe as they won gold that year, and in round robin he would 1 goal and 5 assists with a +/- 2, then in the playoffs would put up 2 assists with a +/-2.

Summers would eventually be called up to the VHL in s70, and little did he know he would make his mark as he would as a rookie have 7 goals 32 assists and a +/- 22. He would win the rookie of the year award in a tight race against Kris Rice and Patrik Tallinder, Rice having 36 points and Tallinder with 30, which I would also like to state both were also drafted to the VHL in s69 Rice picked 11th overall and Tallinder 10th overall. That wasn't the only thing Summers made his mark on as he would end up being second in the league in plus/minus, 5 off the league leader Jerry Wang drafted 24th overall in s68, Summers would tie with Gritty who was drafted s65 4th overall and below them was Denver Wolfe who was also drafted s65 but 2nd overall, with a +/- 21. If this was the VHLM it would be alot easier to look off but, it's not as easy to produce in the VHL against all the talent that's already there, on top of that all the pressure. 

To me it is crazy of what Summers is doing as a rookie defenseman, he may not be a goal producing wizard but he knows where to put the puck on your stick. If Summers keeps up the good hard work I can really see him being a deadly defenseman, that down the road will be looked at to be the next Hall of Famer. It's easily too early to tell, and he has so much left in his career but I'm personally excited to see what he achieves, because I truly do believe he will set his mark even further in this league.

Players mentioned: @Erik Summers @Ricer13 @Patrik Tallinder @ColeMrtz @eaglesfan036 @InstantRockstar